PDA

View Full Version : Stamp In Ron Paul?

tomveil
06-14-2008, 04:31 AM
So it looks like most states don't count write-in ballots. There are many of us who do not care and will be writing him in anyway. (Before this gets sidetracked, I think everybody should vote however they want. You're all smart people and have your reasons.)

Anyway, I was thinking about the flags thread that was around here, and I wondered if it would be able to have a "stamp in" Ron Paul campaign! The idea would be to get those little stampers with the "rEVOLution" logo on them, and literally STAMP the ballot. Would this invalidate the rest of the ballot? Is it just a dumb idea to begin with? I turn it over to the market ;)

nobody's_hero
06-14-2008, 05:43 AM
I believe that would make them invalid. For this to work, we'd need some Ron Paul supporters who also count the ballots on election day to make a staged "stink" about all those annoying "Revolution" ballots she had to sort through and throw out. :D Then, maybe, just maybe, the media would pick up on it.

(Although, I think the MSM is going to be very busy glorifying Obama's victory).

I think you should be free to "write in" whomever you want. All the "certified candidate" nonsense is just that. Anyone who goes to the polls these days and writes in something rediculous (like the name of a player for the Atlanta braves) is not so much doing it to be "funny." That person obviously isn't thrilled about his/her choices, or they'd be using their vote more wisely.

I say damned the regulations and red tape, I'm writing in something before I pick McCain or Obama.

tomveil
06-14-2008, 03:05 PM
Boo :( Stupid rules :)