PDA

View Full Version : FALL is here: Time to promote RP at all FOOTBALL games & COLLEGE CAMPUSES !!

Falseflagop
08-26-2007, 05:11 AM
We have arrived at criticial time to ramp up the RP Revolution.

First: All meetup groups should hit all the Pro and College Football stadiums. Litter the parking lots with Liberty cards, flyers and etc.

Most of these people are concerned about the WAR and now probably more importantly with this credit crunch the FEDERAL RESERVE and money, once the understan, the money thing in baby terms RP will garner a whole new base. Furthermore once the understand that their hero PAT TILLMAN was against the war and his death suspect it should make them question everything.

I.E. NFL has 32 teams means 16 games weekly with average attendence at 50K plus = 800K weekly people to educate on RP. Sure its alot of work but well worth it solely on the multipler effect.

Second: All COllege and unverisity campuses are the place to be!! They will be concerned about the WAR, a draft and all the money (National debt) they will have to pay in the future.

Their are hundreds of campuses throughtout the nation but all our MEETUP groups should be able to cover these areas, show up at COLLEGE football arenas, campuses cafeterias etc. You get the picture, RP appeals to the young crowd!

Third: The below the radar votingblock All the HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS and some juniors!! These people will be voting next year and this group is a great target audinec for RP that will not want to goto WAR or repay national debt.

This should be the game plan as this will garner millions of votes imho. I.E replace football with hockey, basketball etc thesse sporting venues apply also.

ANy comments in order to implement the plan?

jb4ronpaul
08-26-2007, 05:39 AM
Columbus Ohio meetup will hit the Ohio State games.

sign waving, canvassing at tailgates, passing out litterature, overpass banners.

Starting sept 1

That is 150,000 people per game.

LizF
08-26-2007, 05:51 AM
Great idea!

Falseflagop
08-26-2007, 06:09 AM
Great job with the OHIO STATE games, yes they get a ton of people! And with the economic and foreclosures the way they are in OHIO they should embrace RP with no doubt imho!

This is the time to spread his message people its up to us!

bobmurph
08-26-2007, 06:29 AM

sign waving, canvassing at tailgates, passing out litterature, overpass banners.

Starting sept 1

Hopefully some of them are intelligent enough to understand RP's policies.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jgyugzLdbng/RrrR0TbrKbI/AAAAAAAAAmA/dtLlF4pD9gs/s400/osu+spring+game+girl.jpg

GO BLUE!

On a serious note, I have season tix for Atlanta Falcons games. My tailgate is in a high traffic area. I plan on setting up a table w/ RP stuff for passers by to grab.

Does anyone have a Ron Paul flag??? We have a 25 ft tall telescoping flagpole that usually flies a Falcons flag & a Michigan flag...if I had a nice RP flag I'd consider buying another flagpole and fly that baby w/ an American flag above it.

constituent
08-26-2007, 06:40 AM
hey... is there anyway we could get those little footballs like they throw at the high school games when the team scores a touchdown...

you know ones that say ron paul 2008?

bobmurph
08-26-2007, 06:49 AM
How about beach balls with RON PAUL 2008 on them? Hell...could just use a magic marker. That would be great for college games.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:22 AM

First: All meetup groups should hit all the Pro and College Football stadiums. Litter the parking lots with Liberty cards, flyers and etc.

Most of these people are concerned about the WAR and now probably more importantly with this credit crunch the FEDERAL RESERVE and money, once the understan, the money thing in baby terms RP will garner a whole new base. Furthermore once the understand that their hero PAT TILLMAN was against the war and his death suspect it should make them question everything.

I.E. NFL has 32 teams means 16 games weekly with average attendence at 50K plus = 800K weekly people to educate on RP. Sure its alot of work but well worth it solely on the multipler effect.

Second: All COllege and unverisity campuses are the place to be!! They will be concerned about the WAR, a draft and all the money (National debt) they will have to pay in the future.

Their are hundreds of campuses throughtout the nation but all our MEETUP groups should be able to cover these areas, show up at COLLEGE football arenas, campuses cafeterias etc. You get the picture, RP appeals to the young crowd!

Third: The below the radar votingblock All the HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS and some juniors!! These people will be voting next year and this group is a great target audinec for RP that will not want to goto WAR or repay national debt.

This should be the game plan as this will garner millions of votes imho. I.E replace football with hockey, basketball etc thesse sporting venues apply also.

Ya - I have a comment:

read my sig

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:23 AM

Starting sept 1

Please sign my pledges and when you're done post comments - video (on youtube).

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:24 AM
Hopefully some of them are intelligent enough to understand RP's policies.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_jgyugzLdbng/RrrR0TbrKbI/AAAAAAAAAmA/dtLlF4pD9gs/s400/osu+spring+game+girl.jpg

GO BLUE!

On a serious note, I have season tix for Atlanta Falcons games. My tailgate is in a high traffic area. I plan on setting up a table w/ RP stuff for passers by to grab.

Does anyone have a Ron Paul flag??? We have a 25 ft tall telescoping flagpole that usually flies a Falcons flag & a Michigan flag...if I had a nice RP flag I'd consider buying another flagpole and fly that baby w/ an American flag above it.

Could you please sign the pledge for pro football and give us comments and video?
Also, you could walk around the crowd handing stuff out.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:25 AM
How about beach balls with RON PAUL 2008 on them? Hell...could just use a magic marker. That would be great for college games.

If you get those - make sure they say "for president on them" and put his web address.

Paul-O-Holic
08-26-2007, 07:28 AM
The best thing for football games is a flier that contains what each referee signal means, accompanied by Ron Paul stuff. I can't find a flier right now, but they have an actual picture of a referee making a signal and what the penalty is.

For example, next to offsides, you would have what it means, but then you might say, "Ron Paul considers it offsides when Congress votes for legislation not authorized by the Constitution." Or something like that -- I don't have time right now to think it out so I'm just typing off of the top of my head.

Also, you could make the entire backside of the flier a Ron Paul advertisement.

These work good because a lot of people will keep them in their hands during the game so they'll know what the referee's signal means. It's also good for h.s. football games.

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:30 AM
The best thing for football games is a flier that contains what each referee signal means, accompanied by Ron Paul stuff. I can't find a flier right now, but they have an actual picture of a referee making a signal and what the penalty is.

For example, next to offsides, you would have what it means, but then you might say, "Ron Paul considers it offsides when Congress votes for legislation not authorized by the Constitution." Or something like that -- I don't have time right now to think it out so I'm just typing off of the top of my head.

Also, you could make the entire backside of the flier a Ron Paul advertisement.

These work good because a lot of people will keep them in their hands during the game so they'll know what the referee's signal means. It's also good for h.s. football games.

See if you can find it.

Paul-O-Holic
08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
It's something like these:

http://www.cdofficials.us/football/pdf/FBsignals.pdf

But you would have to only cut out a few of the most common ones, that way there would be room for Ron Paul stuff.

I've seen a campaign use them before, and everyone in the entire stadium had one in their hands during the game.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

And more:

http://www.gridironnewbrunswick.org/offsig.html

Sematary
08-26-2007, 07:41 AM
It's something like these:

http://www.cdofficials.us/football/pdf/FBsignals.pdf

But you would have to only cut out a few of the most common ones, that way there would be room for Ron Paul stuff.

I've seen a campaign use them before, and everyone in the entire stadium had one in their hands during the game.

I'll see if I can get my hands on one.

And more:

http://www.gridironnewbrunswick.org/offsig.html

Do you think you could design a two sided handout with these signals and RP material on one side?

Paul-O-Holic
08-26-2007, 12:20 PM
I'll try.

I had a buddy who used the flier very effectively on a state house race he worked on a year or so ago. I'll try and contact him and see if he still has the template.

DjLoTi
08-26-2007, 12:50 PM
This is gonna be... so much fun

you're absolutely right. It's time to take it to the next level.

erowe1
09-07-2007, 12:20 PM
I just joined this forum because of this thread. I love the idea of Ron Paul fliers with Ref. hand signals. So, since no one has posted a template yet, I made one from the graphics I found here:
http://www.firstbasesports.com/football_signals.html

But I don't know if I labeled all the signals right. I'd love to get help from you all on those. But how do I upload my file? It's a Word document. I notice that the settings shown at the bottom of this page tell me that I may not post attachments. Is there a way to change that setting?

Sematary
09-07-2007, 12:34 PM

How about by signing one of my pledges? I've been touting this for WEEKS!

surf
09-07-2007, 12:35 PM
College Gameday: @ LSU this weekend.

i vote for an RP banner in the background. I can't find exactly what the rules are, but if they allow a WSU banner, they should take anything.

If they come to Seattle, i'll work with meetup to organize it here, but first up is Baton Rouge. i hope you Bayou Bengal fans can do some ground work and investigate what our options are here.

Go Huskies!

DjLoTi
09-07-2007, 12:41 PM
I just joined this forum because of this thread. I love the idea of Ron Paul fliers with Ref. hand signals. So, since no one has posted a template yet, I made one from the graphics I found here:
http://www.firstbasesports.com/football_signals.html

But I don't know if I labeled all the signals right. I'd love to get help from you all on those. But how do I upload my file? It's a Word document. I notice that the settings shown at the bottom of this page tell me that I may not post attachments. Is there a way to change that setting?

I don't know about attaching a file to the forums. The admins could change the setting, but I don't think they will for one instance. Maybe email it to somebody? I'd volunteer, but I have no Word :/

apropos
09-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Maybe we could consider a sky-writing campaign for one or two of these football games? Perhaps a nationally televised, top 25 teams affair?

erowe1
09-07-2007, 12:57 PM
I uploaded a copy of my flier as a Word document on my Meetup group page, here:
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/209/

Please, anybody who can, take a look at it and tell me if I got any of the signals wrong before my group starts using it at Notre Dame games. Also, any other general remarks about how to improve it would be great.

erowe1
09-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Or, if somebody does have Word and doesn't want to join my Meetup just to download the file, let me know and I'll email it. But, please, only ask for it if you know hand signals well enough to check this, or have a resource you can check it against. It includes all of the signals that are found on the link I provided on my first post in this thread a few posts back.

09Ag
09-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Having Ron Paul signs/banners at College Gameday is a great idea! The show is extremely popular and the fans bring all kinds of crazy signs. If anyone can make it to the show for the LSU game tomorrow that would be awesome.

allyinoh
09-07-2007, 07:51 PM
I absolutely love the idea of having the ref signals as a handout...

Think the "touchdown" signal... "Score a Touchdown by voting for Ron Paul for President!"

Ooooh it's exciting!!

PathIveMade
09-07-2007, 08:42 PM
The Major League Baseball Playoffs will be starting soon as well... and all games will be nationally televised. A cleverly designed "baseball" sign or something touting the televising network would be nice to draw the camera's attention... then a flip of the wrist and BAM... President Ron Paul 2008, or RP Revolution for the world to see! Same thing would work at college and pro games too! Camera's eat those clever little signs up.

ScotTX
09-08-2007, 07:26 PM
We were out at the TEXASvsTCU game today and got lots of positive response. Of course we got some negative comments too, but defintiely more good than bad. Most people still had no idea who Ron Paul was, though. We passed out tons of slim jims and put them on cars in the garages. It's really crazy how many people go to these games. Next time we're going to set up a tent in one of the lots where the tailgate parties are.

Shink
09-08-2007, 08:28 PM
We were out at the TEXASvsTCU game today and got lots of positive response. Of course we got some negative comments too, but defintiely more good than bad. Most people still had no idea who Ron Paul was, though. We passed out tons of slim jims and put them on cars in the garages. It's really crazy how many people go to these games. Next time we're going to set up a tent in one of the lots where the tailgate parties are.

Awesome! Every time someone does this, I swell with more pride and amazement at what we're doing.

Any more success stories?:)

surf
09-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Was at UW vs Boise St. today in Seattle. There were people for various local candidates handing out really cheap fliers, but the one that i grabbed and held onto was a standard, photocopied (cheap) sheet that had a roster on it.

ROSTERS ARE KEY. Even better than ref signals in my opinion. The roster I grabbed for some prosecuting attorney candidate was listed in alphabetical order. Big mistake, IMO. ROSTERS SHOULD BE IN NUMERICAL ORDER, not alphabetical, because when you see a play and you don't know who made it, but you know the number.... Slim-jim on one side. home and away rosters (or 2 or 3 -deeps) on the other.

Thought i heard Corso say tonight that Gameday will be in Lincoln this weekend.

Go Dawgs.

amberj
09-11-2007, 07:28 PM
I'm trying to gather up some people for the Rice game this Saturday. We're planning on doing an all-out BBQ. Anyone in the Houston area is welcome. We should be setting up around noon.

By the way, surf... Former Husky here. I know those football games usually draw A LOT of people during the regular season. Is anyone in Seattle doing the football games for Ron Paul?

McDermit
09-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Anyone have experience with college games where political stuff is banned? I have a guy who wants to set up an RP tent with his tailgate at Penn State, but their policies expressly forbid any political campaigning...

That said, we did pass out a few liberty cards at the game and had some beach balls.. but we didn't push it.

deedles
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Up here in Packer country our meetup is spearheading a statewide overpass rally. Our vision is to have the various Wisconsin meetups get out on all the overpasses that we can, all the way up the highway from the Illinois border to Green Bay. THAT would be awesome, hope we can pull it off!:p

Eric21ND
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
How about putting your home teams football schedule on one side and the Ron Paul stuff on the other? Can anyone make a file like this for an example? People keep team scedules all season long!

surf
09-12-2007, 02:07 PM
amberj - good to hear from a fellow Husky. nothing going down yet as far as handouts, but UW football is hot and enthusiasm rampant again thanks to Jake Locker. it's loud again. i'll be surprised if we don't sell-out the rest of the season (good home schedule - Boise St, USC, Ohio St, the Oregon #ucks, Cal, Az, and WSU). i've posted the roster idea locally. i just need a printer and money....

With school starting in two weeks, perhaps some students will take this up.

M.Bellmore
09-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I think the Michigan UofM group may have an interesting idea, flying RP banner over the stadium, which costed only $375! I would also suggest standing outside the stadium after the game to hand out flyers, but you get a huge contingent of college kids in one spot.

Could this be organized into a national event?

Thoughts?

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I think the Michigan UofM group may have an interesting idea, flying RP banner over the stadium, which costed only $375! I would also suggest standing outside the stadium after the game to hand out flyers, but you get a huge contingent of college kids in one spot.

Could this be organized into a national event?

Thoughts?

We'd damn sure better do something like this. I don't see many takers who are interested in handing out literature on college campuses. Everyone seems quite willing to sit here and just HOPE that ONE PERSON, Jeff Frazee will be able to handle universities and colleges all across the United States. This is nothing more than a pipe dream.

If we want to have any chance at all of winning this thing, it's going to take all of us getting over ourselves and getting outsIde of our comfort zones to walk out our doors and start handing out literature to REAL PEOPLE.

Who is willing to gather up a few people, if possible, from your Meetup Groups and head out to a university or two to hand out campaign literature to students? Anyone?

M.Bellmore
09-13-2007, 06:43 PM
How to pull this off.

1. Select a Saturday
2. Get a volunteer from each uni to coordinate and get cost of plane rental
3. Each volunteer needs a minimum of 10 RP ppl to hand out stuff b4 and after dame (10 a good #?)
4. Set up a chipin account to collect funds for event.
5. Collect $
6. Distribute $
7. Launch Operation Flyby :cool:

I pulled out the unranked matchups, for the full listing go to: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/schedules?week=4&season=2&year=2007&groupId=80

Looking at the schedule for Sep 22nd:

#17 South Carolina at #2 LSU
East Carolina at #4 West Virginia
Syracuse at #9 Louisville
#15 Georgia Tech at Virginia
#20 Clemson at North Carolina State
#23 Georgia at Alabama
Ball State at #14 Nebraska
Army at #21 Boston College
Duke at Navy
William & Mary at #18 Virginia Tech
Northwestern at #10 Ohio State
#12 Penn State at Michigan
#5 Florida at Mississippi
Arizona at #8 California
Kentucky at #16 Arkansas
Rice at #6 Texas
Arkansas State at #22 Tennessee
Washington State at #1 USC
Iowa at #7 Wisconsin
#19 Oregon at Stanford
Washington at #11 UCLA

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't worry with handing out literature BEFORE the game. It will just end up on the floor. From everything I have heard, people are more likely to hang onto what you hand them if you give it to them AFTER the event.

M.Bellmore
09-13-2007, 08:46 PM
Unless you do something like was suggested earlier, put ref's handsigns on one side. But you are probably right about that.

LibertyEagle
09-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Unless you do something like was suggested earlier, put ref's handsigns on one side. But you are probably right about that.

Oh yeah. That was a GREAT idea. :)

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-17-2007, 06:12 AM
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!!

If anyone tries to do anything at a North Carolina State game, BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL!!

I am a season ticket holder for the Wolfpack. Games are no longer fun to go to. Cops are out in FULL FORCE, and are not in good moods. Police are on HORSEBACK, ready to take down anyone who is not in full compliance with their thuggery.

I was almost arrested Saturday for voicing opposition to a security procedure where they seperated men and women.

This is not a safe enviornment for any distribution of ANY materials.

surf
09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
ok, i'm a thread-killer, but i'd like to offer this up again:

Numerical rosters are what people will look at again and again throughout a game. Ref's signals are, in my opinion, kind of lame - particularly when all penalties are identified by the refs with microphones as well as the stadium announcers.

If you want them reusable, don't put the visiting team's roster on the flyer, just the home-team (and as college fans know, this can be over 100 names, + coaches). #, name, height, weight, yr in school, HS/hometown. You could add experience as well - i.e. 1V for one letter earned, etc.

edit: i was at the UW vs Ohio St. game this Saturday. ended up tailgaiting rather than passing flyers out (sorry guys), but as i was sitting in the stadium i saw a couple gals two rows in front of me passing a slim-jim between them and reading it intently

RonFan1776
09-17-2007, 06:58 PM
We passed out over 3,000 team rosters (really depth charts) in one hour at the last Oklahoma home game. We passed them out right next to the stadium, but just as we were finishing up we were told by an official that we couldn't pass them out near the stadium as soliciting was not allowed on campus (unless you pay them of course). We will pass them out again, and will work the people coming in on the four street corners that approach the stadium instead.

We were also told that we could not use the word Sooners or Oklahoma Sooners anywhere on the page. I personally think that is amusing, but we will have them changed for the next home game so that they just say "2007 Team Depth Chart" because that really doesn't effect whether people take them from you or not.

BTW, we had amazing success at handing them out, and I didn't see a single one on the ground after the game. Like I said, we passed out over 3,000 in one hour with only *SIX* people. Everywhere you looked people had them in their hands. It was awesome. I don't know what kind of conversion rate we had with them, but I believe the effort was worth it.

I'm hoping that with a dozen people, and a little training for the new people on how to pass them out (Key words are "Free team roster", and questions they will always answer yes to like "Are you heading to the game, Sir?") that we could do 8-10,000 next game. At that point we're looking at about $300 a game in flyers. Still, I think it's likely worth it to hit 10% of the crowd that shows up for a game.

surf
09-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Ronfan - what did you use? standard photocopy black and white or something else?

katao
09-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Ronfan, what did you put on the opposite side of the roster?

RonFan1776
09-18-2007, 03:17 AM
I had them done as a single-color Black print on white 20lb paper. The flier was half-page, front & back. So 2,000 full page prints = 4,000 copies. One thing to note is that if a single-color print is done the shadow boxes on the ron paul side do not appear. The flier looked fine without the shadow boxes. Cost from a local graphics place for 4,000 5.5x8.5 fliers was about $150 with tax. Kinkos wanted right at $200.

The "There is only one!" theme was created by Aaron from the OKC Meetup group. I took the design and graphics from parts of that flier and put them together to create the back of the roster flier. "There is only one!" is a big part of the opening video to the OU football games, so it works well this particular purpose.

http://i7.tinypic.com/6642m1s.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/54b37h1.jpg

hopeforamerica
09-18-2007, 09:18 AM

Don't use magic marker!!! It would be a mess. Comes right off. I know this as a Mom :D

Flirple
09-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Here is a short video of some of the work that the Lincoln, NE Meetup group has recently been doing:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4105967549988288388&q=%22ron+paul%22&total=333&start=30&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=7

You'll notice that the slogans on the sequence of 5 signs at the very beginining were stolen from someone on these boards. Thanks, they worked well! Anyways, the banners you see in the video hanging off the bridges were displayed as people were driving into town for the first 2 Nebraska football home games. This is a very efficient time to freeway blog since each car is usually filled with multiple people (unlike rush hour) and the traffic is obviously heavy. Having the car filled with people means you will likely spark many Ron Paul conversations within each car. There were lots of honks, thumbs up, and peace signs as well as some middle fingers. We learned, as many have, that legally you must be actually holding your banner and can't affix it to the bridge and merely stand by it. And if you are going to make a freeway banner make the banner big and simple so that people don't have to strain to read it at 70 mph! 2' black letters on white backround might seem like overkill but it insures that people will read your sign whether they want to or not. And my advice is to always use a bridge that has a chain link fence for safety.

But if someone could drive under a Ron Paul banner on their way to the game and then be handed a Ron Paul flyer/team roster at the game they might be more willing to read it. The other thing that people should absolutely do is chalk the high traffic areas people use as they are walking to the stadium. And when you chalk make sure you make your letters big and fat enough that people will notice them. And make your lines nice and dark so that they will last as people walk on them. Don't just write like you would on a chalkboard! I don't know about the legality of chalking but my guess is that doing it on the stadium grounds might not be appreciated by stadium staff. But I don't know for sure.

RonFan1776
09-18-2007, 03:07 PM
VERY nice signing! We will have to consider doing that. Unfortunately at OU games there isn't one great place to get all of the traffic coming into the stadium. People enter the area from at least three or four different main roads.

Flirple
09-18-2007, 03:30 PM
RonFan1776,

It also occurred to me that it might be a good idea to simply hold a banner along the road or an island right at an exit for the stadium parking lot and catch the mass exodus of cars when the game ends. But I suppose that the way the Sooners are blowing out their opponents that people might be gradually trickling out throughout the 4th quarter of your games instead of everyone staying until the final whistle blows. But none-the-less it seems like an effective use of an hour or two and it requires little manpower. When Holding a banner along a road I'd prefer to have the banner up in the air on 8' poles or posts so that view of the banner is not ever obscured to far lanes of traffic by cars or people blocking the banner. This is what we did for the 5 signs you see at the very start of the video:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4105967549988288388&q=%22ron+paul%22&total=333&start=30&num=10&so=1&type=search&plindex=7

And those 5 signs at the beginning also had the same slogans on the back of the signs so they worked for both lanes of traffic going in opposite directions. But it still required 5 people while 2-3 people could hold a banner right at the exit of the stadium parking lot and introduce ron's name to a few thousand folks.

a2planet
09-19-2007, 01:52 PM
We had HUGE success at last week's football game, but this week, since we'll all be at Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference(and so will our banners--this is the biggest Michigan GOP event of the year), let's get the plane to fly over Michigan Stadium again, for the Penn State game this Saturday.

We had a plane circle the stadium with a big American flag and "Ron Paul for President", where not only the 120,000 fans entering the stadium saw it, but everyone in the area homes as well!

It's a really great advertising investment for this Big 10 game, so if you can help us, please do!

You can chip in at:

http://www.michigan4ronpaul.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2082

If 40 people give $10, we got it!

Thanks,
Adam

Flirple
09-21-2007, 12:47 AM
I just want to reiterate what I said a few posts ago as we approach gameday. That is, if you do nothing else to support Ron Paul at your local college stadium this Saturday just spend a short amount of time Friday evening and chalk the sidewalks for Ron Paul. Figure out where the high traffic "bottleneck" points are for people walking to the stadium. And chalk simple slogans using big bold letters that will be noticed and will hold up to everyone walking over it. "Ron Paul 4 Prez" says a lot with little. Even if you just don't have the time, money, or volunteers to do any of the other excellent ideas in this thread, well placed chalking is just too simple, easy, inexpensive, and effective to have an excuse not to do it if you live near a stadium.

RonFan1776
09-21-2007, 03:00 AM
BTW Flirple, that video you posted earlier has inspired me and my cohorts to do the same thing. We will be doing those signs soon for sure. I like how fast they are to make using just a standard printer.

M.Bellmore
09-21-2007, 09:26 AM
We had HUGE success at last week's football game, but this week, since we'll all be at Mackinac Republican Leadership Conference(and so will our banners--this is the biggest Michigan GOP event of the year), let's get the plane to fly over Michigan Stadium again, for the Penn State game this Saturday.

We had a plane circle the stadium with a big American flag and "Ron Paul for President", where not only the 120,000 fans entering the stadium saw it, but everyone in the area homes as well!

It's a really great advertising investment for this Big 10 game, so if you can help us, please do!

You can chip in at:

http://www.michigan4ronpaul.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2082

If 40 people give $10, we got it!

Thanks,
Adam

I still believe this should be a coordinated nationwide event at as many college football stadiums as possible. It would take 1 group per stadium to pull this off, but the chip-in thing makes it easy. Also, I liked the idea of having handouts with the hometeam roster on one side and RP on the other. You would proably have to target sometime mid to late October to have enough time to get all of the flyovers set up. For example, The Michigan state vs. Ohio State(currently #8) game is October 20th and televised on ABC. You also have #1 USC at Notre Dame on NBC, #6 California at UCLA, etc. I would include the price of producing the flyers in the chip-in amount in addition to the flyover cost.

Badger Paul
09-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Don't forget Iowa at No.9 Wisconsin. That's a night game with 80,000 in attendance from two key states and Camp Randall Stadium is very hospitable to political candidates. I used to see them all the time work the games when I went to school there.

M.Bellmore
09-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I still believe this should be a coordinated nationwide event at as many college football stadiums as possible. It would take 1 group per stadium to pull this off, but the chip-in thing makes it easy. Also, I liked the idea of having handouts with the hometeam roster on one side and RP on the other. You would proably have to target sometime mid to late October to have enough time to get all of the flyovers set up. For example, The Michigan state vs. Ohio State(currently #8) game is October 20th and televised on ABC. You also have #1 USC at Notre Dame on NBC, #6 California at UCLA, etc. I would include the price of producing the flyers in the chip-in amount in addition to the flyover cost.

Alright. I created a spreadsheet from the October 20th games and put in the stadium seating capacities. The total was a whopping 2.9 MILLION! Even if we only managed a 1/3rd, that would still be 1 million people hearing about Ron Paul!

http://a929.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/94/l_a3b9e39a8940d0787c416a55b6840758.jpg

surf
09-21-2007, 03:03 PM
Flirple & Ronfan, thoughts on a "Go Huskers" or a "Go Sooners" sign in there somewhere?

it's inspiring to see Sooners and Cornhuskers cooperating. I miss the days when that was the featured game on Thanksgiving weekend.

Go Huskies (@ UCLA this weekend)

M.Bellmore
09-21-2007, 05:22 PM
This is what I'm talkin' about! Good Job!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=19447

Just imagine this x 10!

Flirple
09-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Flirple & Ronfan, thoughts on a "Go Huskers" or a "Go Sooners" sign in there somewhere? Yeah RonFan if you are doing the 5 sign sequence for game day traffic having a 6th sign at the end that exclaimed "Go Sooners" might help win people over a bit. But of course you would then have to find another volunteer to give up some time on game day. But if you could that might be a nice touch or else just wear your Sooner shirts while holding the signs. People will then be sure to read what your sign says. Yeah the signs in the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEJqjDbK16s) are 2 sided so the sequence of slogans work for both directions of traffic when standing on an island. Each sign is 2 pieces of cardboard sandwiching the top of an 8' long board. The cardboard was painted white with house paint and then the text was printed out on normal office paper in big letters and then taped to the cardboard with clear packaging tape. This way, you could always change what the sign says by changing the sheets of paper that make up the letters. Works well but the signs are screwed if it rains. Because the signs will need to be seen from the front and the back by the different directions of traffic it is important that the letters on your signs are high enough that the heads of whoever is holding the signs won't block the text. And remember that the first sign for one direction of traffic will be the last sign read by the other direction of traffic so remember to not just put the same slogan on the front and back of all the signs.

We also thought about making a "Huskers 4 Ron Paul" banner to hold on a bridge over the gameday freeway traffic but decided against it because I just didn't think we had the luxury of getting cute. Ron Paul just doesn't have enough name recognition and I thought such a sign would just be confusing to people who didn't know who Ron Paul was. That is why we went with "Ron Paul 4 Prez", "Youtube Ron Paul", and "Ron Paul = $, peace sign, no IRS symboll" But what you could do is use the school colors in the Ron Paul banners as long as you had high contrast and your letters where really big so it is easy to read from a distance at 70 mph.

I long for the days of the annual Big 8 classic of NU vs. OU on Thanksgiving weekend as well. But if NU can get back on it's feet after being violated by a very sound USC team last week maybe the 2 teams can meet at the Big 12 championship this year. I'm certain the Sooners will be there. The Huskers are a bit of a question mark though.

M.Bellmore
09-22-2007, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=M.Bellmore;204289]Alright. I created a spreadsheet from the October 20th games and put in the stadium seating capacities. The total was a whopping 2.9 MILLION! Even if we only managed a 1/3rd, that would still be 1 million people hearing about Ron Paul!

Is there noone that thinks a coordinated event is a good idea and is ready to take the lead for their home team on October 20th? Maybe Oct 20th is a bad date? Even if you cannot do the flyover thing, still producing the handouts mentioned about would be great as well.

Another thought I had would be to get RP video from each game and make a montage (of course we would need someone with that skillset).

karmavsdogma
09-22-2007, 06:22 PM
Arizona State has their next home game on 10.27 (against California). A large number of people attend ASU home games (weather's much nicer here during football season than most other places), and I'm getting some friends and other concerned citizens mobilized to pass out literature and campaign before, during, and after the game (and perhaps down Mill Street after that). Contact me at karmavsdogma(at)gmail(dot)com with the words "Ron Paul ASU" in the Subject line if you want to be a part of this.

M.Bellmore
09-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Arizona State has their next home game on 10.27 (against California). A large number of people attend ASU home games (weather's much nicer here during football season than most other places), and I'm getting some friends and other concerned citizens mobilized to pass out literature and campaign before, during, and after the game (and perhaps down Mill Street after that). Contact me at karmavsdogma(at)gmail(dot)com with the words "Ron Paul ASU" in the Subject line if you want to be a part of this.

I am switching the plan to October 27th, since you and the UofM guys seem interested in this (and the next UofM home game is 10/27 as well). Do you have a meetup #? Will you try and determine if you can rent a plane for a flyover?

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 01:26 AM
Here is the schedule, which includes meetup group #s. Before I start sending off emails to the meetup groups, if you are in one of them please volunteer to handle that stadium event .. please!

For those groups, here is the plan (other ideas are welcome):

1. Find out how much $ the cost is for a flyover (talk to the UofM guys about it). If you can't do the flyover, that's ok too, just plan to hand out flyers!
2. Set up a chip-in account for the cost
3. Hand out flyers before, during, and after the game. There was a suggestion to print RP flyer on one side, the home team roster on the other. Either way
4. Chalk the sidewalks for Ron Paul. A few groups are already doing that!
5. Alert your friendly neighborhood media. Tell them a big Republican event is taking place across the college football games on October 27th!
6. Take video and/or pictures. Hopefully someone here who is skilled can create a composite (volunteers?)

A really good suggestion from someone was to also have information about registering for the primaries or how to contact your reps if its a caucus situation. If they like RP, they would register & vote! Another suggestion (from another thread) is to pass out Ron Paul water. They have a video!

Thanks!

The ones highlighted are already planning a stadium event.
http://a607.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/96/l_fc529e728614ec95df08cf604575a73e.jpg

surf
09-25-2007, 03:30 PM
One negative to moving the game to the 27th: we'll be competing with local campaigns (at least in Seattle) more than i imagine we will on the 20th. But i like the idea of Michigan and ASU being involved.

Karmavsdogma - will you be doing anything on the 13th? i'll be at the game wearing purple if you need help.

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 04:54 PM
One negative to moving the game to the 27th: we'll be competing with local campaigns (at least in Seattle) more than i imagine we will on the 20th. But i like the idea of Michigan and ASU being involved.

Karmavsdogma - will you be doing anything on the 13th? i'll be at the game wearing purple if you need help.

Was there a game in Seattle on the 27th (I don't see it on the list, however it took me forever to figure out all of the meetups so I can't recall)

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Does anyone want to help me send out emails to the meetups? What is the best way to do this (other than goto the meetup page for each and email the organizer)?

Thanks!

surf
09-25-2007, 06:24 PM
Arizona @ Washington 10/27

IWORSHIPBENDER
09-25-2007, 06:32 PM
I live in Oregon and am a BIG ducks fan, not to mention ESPN's College Gameday's coming here for the UO/CAL game. I'm going to the game, and I'm going to bring a yellow and green "RON PAUL" sign.

surf
09-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Bender - that's not Bob Bender, is it? As i'm sure you know, ESPN films some segments on Friday with a generally empty backdrop. Any chance of getting that one? I was hoping Gameday would be in Seattle this weekend, but that was before Ohio St. and UCLA...

GAMEDAY - yes. i've been searching for a RP banner the last few weeks. Good luck.

Also, coming to Seattle (i'm sure it's as enjoyable in Seattle for Duck fans as Eugene is for Huskies) for the game? If so, we'll protect you if you want to pass out stuff at the game.

IWORSHIPBENDER
09-25-2007, 07:09 PM
no, bender from futurama. And yes, I am going to the game in Seattle, I've had some bad times in seattle though, like the MNF game against GB, my mom and I got stuck in Sea-Tac because I-5 was completely iced over and we didn't have snow tires.

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
no, bender from futurama. And yes, I am going to the game in Seattle, I've had some bad times in seattle though, like the MNF game against GB, my mom and I got stuck in Sea-Tac because I-5 was completely iced over and we didn't have snow tires.

Haha. I was thinking about Bender when I heard about the Guiliani and the Mackinaw ferry thing ... bender says "I scared"

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Arizona @ Washington 10/27

Okay Mr. Surf, are you signing up to take on that game? Get a potential flyover? :D

M.Bellmore
09-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Alright new schedule, which includes meetup group #s. Before I start sending off emails to the meetup groups, if you are in one of them please volunteer to handle that stadium event .. please!

1. Find out how much $ the cost is for a flyover (talk to the UofM guys about it). If you can't do the flyover, that's ok too, just plan to hand out flyers!
3. Hand out flyers before, during, and after the game. There was a suggestion to print RP flyer on one side, the home team roster on the other. Either way
4. Take video and/or pictures. Hopefully someone here who is skilled can create a composite (volunteers?)

Thanks!

HELP! I cannot send anothe email (hit the 25 limit). Here is the email I have been sending:
[QUOTE]
Hello,

I am organizing a national Ron Paul event on October 27th at all the college football stadiums. Please take a look at
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=211259&postcount=64

The University of Michigan RP meetup did one and we want to capitalize on their success. See theirs at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw

Please let me know if you are able (or not) to participate and cover (insert teams here).

Thanks,

Mark (northernMI4RonPaul@gmail.com)

Just realized they will have to reply to my address .. doh! ]
Just think .. I only have 2 so far, but that's already close to 200,000 people!

M.Bellmore
09-26-2007, 04:35 PM
Alright new schedule, which includes meetup group #s. Before I start sending off emails to the meetup groups, if you are in one of them please volunteer to handle that stadium event .. please!

5. Alert your friendly neighborhood media. Tell them a big Republican event is taking place across the college football games on October 27th!
6. Take video and/or pictures. Hopefully someone here who is skilled can create a composite (volunteers?)

A really good suggestion from someone was to also have information about registering for the primaries or how to contact your reps if its a caucus situation. If they like RP, they would register & vote!

Thanks!

http://a224.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/106/l_0b02c49b038ef1dfb37066e160549537.jpg

We now have a potential 466,000 people that will see Ron Paul, perhaps for the first time!
I still need HELP! All I need is 1 or 2 of you to send some email to the meetup groups I have not yet contacted .. PLEASE .. pretty please with a cross-dressing Guiliani and a flip-flopping Romney on top?

M.Bellmore
09-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Bump for begging for help. I'll only take someone an hour!

M.Bellmore
09-28-2007, 08:41 AM
Here is the schedule, which includes meetup group #s. Before I start sending off emails to the meetup groups, if you are in one of them please volunteer to handle that stadium event .. please!

A really good suggestion from someone was to also have information about registering for the primaries or how to contact your reps if its a caucus situation. If they like RP, they would register & vote! Another suggestion (from another thread) is to pass out Ron Paul water. They have a video!

Thanks!

http://a607.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/96/l_fc529e728614ec95df08cf604575a73e.jpg

I've update the chart. Almost all of them have been emailed.
Also, I received a response from Jeff, the Ron Paul student coordinator.

think this is a great idea. Let me propose it to the campaign and think about it more, but something I think we can work on. Keep in touch.

Jeff Frazee
National Youth Coordinator - Ron Paul 2008

Of course I had to respond with ... well I already started it :D

RonFan1776
09-29-2007, 07:49 AM
I posted this over in this thread:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20856&page=5

I have made this up for the back of our next Depth Chart flier:

http://i23.tinypic.com/2vih6k2.jpg

M.Bellmore
09-29-2007, 08:15 AM
I posted this over in this thread:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=20856&page=5

I have made this up for the back of our next Depth Chart flier:

http://i23.tinypic.com/2vih6k2.jpg

Cool! Is your meetup covering one of the games?

RonFan1776
09-29-2007, 08:50 AM
The Norman, OK meetup does a tailgate at the OU home games. I got together some guys at work and we decided to pass out fliers. We handle all of the coordination & payment for this ourselves. We are hoping to hand out about 10,000 at the next game.

surf
09-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Bender - "RON SAYS - Cal you're in for a serious beatdown"

Was that you? Couldn't make out the picture

I'm pledging $5/point scored by UW tonight vs USC, and so is my "enthralled with Jake Locker" girlfriend.

Update: we added some extra for covering the spread.