PDA

View Full Version : OK...How about a "Favorite Son" approach to getting RP or another Patriot in the WH?

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 04:20 AM
Here's a new twist on the "Patriot Summit" concept that a friend of mine came up with. Let's assume the worst case scenario is that we can't get the Summit done quickly enough, and that too many state deadlines have passed, etc.

Instead, we adopt a "favorite son" approach at the Summit, where we name a "favorite son" candidate in every state. For example, Bob Barr in Georgia, Roy Moore in Alabama, Ron Paul in Texas, and so on, and so forth. We come out of the Summit and:

1. Get the thermometer up to raise $100 million+.
2. Get infommercials running in each state done by the "favorite son" explaining the strategy.
3. Get enough favorite sons to win their respective states to throw the entire election to the House of Representatives.

For those of you who may not be familiar with how that works, check out the 1824 election where the key players were Jackson, Clay, J.Q. Adams and Crawford. Jackson won more popular votes and more electoral college votes than the man who became president--John Quincy Adams.

Or...check out the famous election of 1860 involving Lincoln, Douglas, Breckenridge and Fremont.

We would have already decided at the Summit who the favorite sons would then throw their support to in the House deliberations in order to make the pre-ordained "son" President. This might be announced in advance, and it might not be. We'd have to talk about that...

More later....

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
For those who are wondering about the overall strategy, let me summarize:

1. We get favorite son candidates appointed at the Patriot Summit for every state. In some case, the same candidate may be the favorite son in more than one state (let's say he or she lived for long period in 2 or 3 states, or went to college in another state, etc.)

2. We run infommericals getting everyone fired up about the patriot and constitutional credentials of the favorite son in their state. These infommericals are run A LOT prior to the election and are made BY THE FAVORITE SON CANDIDATE for the state where he has been chosen to run and his or her infommercials play only in that state(s).

3. Election day comes, and we are fortunate enough to receive the require 270 total electoral votes needed for the Presidency from adding together all of the favorite sons electoral college vote totals.

4. The election goes (per the Constitution) to the House of Representative, but BEFORE IT EVEN GETS THERE, the favorite sons NOT CHOSEN AT THE PATRIOT SUMMIT AS THE PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT yield their electoral votes to those candidate.

5. We have something we've never had in our life times...a country of our own!

Am I being clear enough? Do I need to clarify anything further?

Truth Warrior
06-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Got enough delegates and votes?

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 03:45 PM
If we hold the summit, the rest will come together.

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 05:11 PM
bump

LibertyIn08
06-14-2008, 05:14 PM
How do you propose to get the CP and the LP to agree to this, much less Ron Paul?

Beyond that, what about the debates? The media? I think we'd need more details before we could even consider this as a valid option.

Jeremy
06-14-2008, 05:18 PM
It's almost like you come here after being gone for months with these absolutely ridiculous ideas. Sorry, but please try being more realistic and help us support the candidates for congress. This is what we're supposed to be doing now and you're wasting our time.

This includes whatever your "summit" thing is where you want only one candidate to vote for. Guess what pal. There are two different parties that have chosen their candidate. These two parties are working against each other to get their candidate the votes. JUST pick the person YOU want to vote for if they're on the ballot in your state. Just decide for yourself and let everyone do the same. That. Is. All.

Ara825
06-14-2008, 06:14 PM
No favorite daughters? :rolleyes:
I am certain that you have no intention toward gender bias, but to some it may appear otherwise.

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 07:45 PM
AD,

By appealing to their sense of patriotism, and making them see that they MUST WORK TOGETHER for the good of the country.

Ara,

That's the term. It is what it is.

SC,

As usual, you deserve no response.

SteveMartin
06-15-2008, 04:56 AM
bump

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 05:08 AM
If we hold the summit, the rest will come together.
Do we hold the summit?

SteveMartin
06-15-2008, 07:24 AM
Well, we push for it, yes. In the end, though, it would be up to the candidates themselves to actually hold it.

I'd like to think that each would have a few advisers committed to it, so that there was no threat of someone get ticked off and leaving until the agreements we need are reached.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Instead, we adopt a "favorite son" approach at the Summit, where we name a "favorite son" candidate in every state. For example, Bob Barr in Georgia

John Ashcroft too!!

Truth Warrior
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Well, we push for it, yes. In the end, though, it would be up to the candidates themselves to actually hold it.

I'd like to think that each would have a few advisers committed to it, so that there was no threat of someone get ticked off and leaving until the agreements we need are reached. Sounds pretty complicated to me.
SIMPLIFY ^ 3!

SteveMartin
06-15-2008, 07:33 AM
No more complicated than trying to take back the Congress, or elect a 76 year old man in 2012 while fighting WW III (if we elect either Obama or McCain.)

SteveMartin
06-15-2008, 07:40 AM
1. Hold a Patriot Summit with Paul, Barr, Baldwin and whoever else we all decide to invite.
2. They hammer out who the favorite son candidates should be in each of the states, and who should be at the top of the final ticket, who should be VP, and who gets what cabinet slots.
3. Put up the contribution thermometer with the announcement of the Summit results.
4. Run infommericals explaining the concept. Key thing to explain is why people should get out and vote for their favorite son, not O-bomb-A or McWar.
5. Get enough favorite sons to carry their state to accrue 270 electoral votes.
6. Election goes to the Congress, but the favorite sons agree to throw the electoral votes to the ticket decided upon at the summit.
7. We put a patriot in the White House, avert WW III, revive the economy and save the nation.

I know it sounds complicated, but it is the only plan out there right now that is more than just an educational program or a "feel good" glorified rally.

Aratus
06-15-2008, 08:54 AM
basically you have happening at the national level what usually happened in the 1800s
inside either major party of the hour. what SteveMartin has proposed is exactly how the
candidates were chosen more than a century ago. a tacit arrangement before the formality
of a vote. a tug of war then ensues. this time the playing field is the electoral college...

Aratus
06-15-2008, 09:01 AM
float SteveMartin's trial balloon idea in tandem with GunnyFreedom's idea here
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=143056 and you might soon see
the good ol' G.O.P suddenly being very conciliatory to the Ron Paul rEVOLUTIOn people...
the threat of a cohesive political alliance that cuts across doctrinaire lines would be a cold chill!

SteveMartin
06-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks Aratus.

That's exactly what it is: A trial balloon to see if someone far more experienced in politics than I (or more well-healed, or better-connected, or what have you) may just possibly stumble upon this thread or the dozens of emails I've sent out and pick up the idea where I will have to now leave off.

armstrong
06-15-2008, 11:23 AM
yahoo----Jesse can be a good "bring it together person"with Ron and kurcinch and others whom I have not mentioned, we need names of people who have name recognition..not that is always a great thing,but helps...time will get us change , but some change on major issues need to happen now!!!!!!!!for do we have 4 more years to wait??that is the big harry gorrila in the room whom will be in power makeing policy for the next 4 years......

SteveMartin
06-16-2008, 05:33 AM
bump

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 06:11 AM
The Dem's have sucked up the "patriotism."

Once again...

It's Bullshit.

Have another cheeseburger.

SteveMartin
06-16-2008, 08:40 AM
There aren't going to be anymore cheeseburgers to have soon....unless we DO something!

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 08:41 AM
There aren't going to be anymore cheeseburgers to have soon....unless we DO something!
Kill some more cattle? :D

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 08:49 AM

Eat some rice.

It's good for you.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:06 AM
I am amazed at the popularity of McDonalds.

Is that edible food?

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:08 AM
I am amazed at the popularity of McDonalds.

Is that edible food? 190 billion sold, one pound of beef! :D

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Give me a Chicago "Poor Boy."

Something I can sink my teeth into.

Fuck McFuck.

Seriously.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:10 AM
[quote=Truth Warrior;1518554]190 billion sold, one pound of beef! :D[/quotGet e'm while their taste buds are young.

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:11 AM
Give me a Chicago "Poor Boy."

Something I can sink my teeth into.

Fuck McFuck.

Seriously.
Cannibal! :p

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:13 AM
Cannibal! :p

My dentist has great respect.

SteveMartin
06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
If I didn't know better, I'd say someone is intentionally trying to hijack this thread.

Now, why would they do that?

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:31 AM
My dentist has great respect.
He'd better! :D

Truth Warrior
06-16-2008, 09:32 AM
If I didn't know better, I'd say someone is intentionally trying to hijack this thread.

Now, why would they do that?
Yeah, like it's such a THREAT, to us all! :D

AJ Antimony
06-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Unfortunately TV ads alone do not win elections.

acptulsa
06-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Ron Paul was arguably a son of both Pennsylvania and Texas during the primaries, and this fact didn't help him in either place. Now we're going to succeed in getting a majority in each state voting for each one's pet Kinky Friedman?

And for what? So Nancy Pelosi can take freedom as far off "the table" as impeachment?

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Ron Paul was arguably a son of both Pennsylvania and Texas during the primaries, and this fact didn't help him in either place. Now we're going to succeed in getting a majority in each state voting for each one's pet Kinky Friedman?

And for what? So Nancy Pelosi can take freedom as far off "the table" as impeachment?

Americans are sheep.

Need I say more?

Move.

acptulsa
06-16-2008, 10:01 AM
Americans are sheep.

Need I say more?

Move.

If all the reasonable people abandon it, what will the neocons do to the rest of the world? After all, they will have no restraints at that point and as the great empire crumbles about their ears, they just might get a bit pissy.

Ozwest
06-16-2008, 10:10 AM
If all the reasonable people abandon it, what will the neocons do to the rest of the world? After all, they will have no restraints at that point and as the great empire crumbles about their ears, they just might get a bit pissy.

Geez...

I wish the marines would attack Australia. We'd snot you.

But...

We would not survive a "cluster bombing."

Guess that makes you guys the "toughest kids on the block."

Get it!!!

Pussies.

acptulsa
06-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Step one: Borrow lots of money.

Step two: Buy lots of weapons.

Step three: Kill anyone who says you owe them money.

Good work if you can get it.

armstrong
06-16-2008, 03:56 PM
bump