PDA

View Full Version : Amtrak from Indiana

Leadman584
06-14-2008, 03:41 AM
Looking for 2 additional patriots to split costs.

I went looking at prices at Amtrak from Waterloo IN. to DC. For 4 people to coach is $486 round trip. Depart July 11, and return on July 14. Arrival in DC is around 1:30 PM on July 11. Means an overnight stay somewhere.
I would dearly love to photo as much of DC as possible. I can bring my corporate lappy for dumps and videos on the trip. My company, no rules. Folks are welcome to bring their JDrives, DVD's, whatever for copies.

I haven't ridden Amtrak in over 30 year, and I hope they have electrical outlets.

I remember having a ball as a teenager on the trains. Use the IPOD, or Lappy, or whatever suits your fancy. After meeting a ton of patriots here in Fort Wayne, I'm sure it would be a blast. I have the good fortune to debate libertarians at work, daily. I love intelligent folks, and hope to meet 2 more.

ronpaulhawaii
06-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Looking for 2 additional patriots to split costs.

I haven't ridden Amtrak in over 30 year, and I hope they have electrical outlets.

I love intelligent folks, and hope to meet 2 more.

Are you a part of MeetUp there? You might, also, want to post a link to this thread in the Indiana sub-forum...

I love train travel. The last long trip I did, the seats had power outlets every couple rows. Get on early and find a seat with an outlet. The newer cars have power at every seat. As a last resort, the snack/lounge car has power so lots of people work there.

Looking forward to seeing y'all

:D

Leadman584
06-14-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for the advice, and info.

I'd like to add that I admire your efforts in this campaign. I went to ronpaulriders every day of your journey. The pics and stories from the road were inspirational.

NickHaynes
06-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Hello! I am seriously interested in your idea, unless I can find out if I can still get on the Indianapolis Ronvoy.

But as far as a place to stay, I have a friend that lives just outside D.C...Is it okay that you get a place on your own?

asgardshill
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Is that fare $486 for all four people or is it $486 per head? I haven't ridden Amtrak since 1982 and don't remember the fare being a whole lot more than bus fare.