PDA

View Full Version : I'm not superstitious but...

ams5995
06-14-2008, 03:25 AM
I am long winded today.

Bad luck to have Ron Paul dropping out of the race on Friday 13th, let alone any other day of the year. Actually, it could turn out to be the best possible day he could have done it. Ironic how Tim Russert dies and steals the show. I did watch the evening Fox red eye spot and the talking heads there actually sound like Ron Paul supporters, as they talked about legalizing marijuana, legalizing strippers. Before that though, we practically had a moment of silence with taps playing in the background and a 30 minute eulogy on Mr. Russert. I'm sure it was reaired thousands of times today on all the networks. How about 30 straight days of Ron Paul YouTubes Fox or NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, CSPAN, etc? Show all the clips of Dr Paul schooling Bernanke, congress, Bush, Mccain, Guiliani, Huckabee, Romney, Thompson, Gravel, Kucinich, Edwards, Obama, and Hillary. Anyways, like I said, it probably means nothing, but then again it could mean something. Ron Paul is so on the money.

You got to love how Capitalism and Freedom works with political, civil, and economic liberties. I honestly ponder the future and look at life through a Ron Paul lens now. What a good hero. This is what I have come away with. Somebody critique me.

So In 1-2 years, due to high oil prices in the range of 100-180 dollars per barrel, weak dollar, so forth, the hybrid market in automobiles will explode exponentially. Gas prices are ridiculously out of sync with supply and demand. Investors are all complaining about the propped up prices too - you can bet on the derivative of a stock and force its price to go up (my argument is that oil should be cheaper, far cheaper like 1998 levels where it was $10 per barrel). The oil companies are ridiculously corrupt and powerful to the extent that they can manipulate supply as well as price of their commodity. Just like the diamond market and how only a fraction of the diamonds ever get circulated which props up their price quite a bit. Market manipulation in combination with monopolies gets you where we are today which unfortunately is a war in Iraq over oil and potentially Iran due to its threat to proliferate nuclear power, not nuclear warheads. Sanctioning Iran has been a mixed success by the way. We now have "terror free" investments and banks around the world no longer do business with Iran. However, China and Russia which are two BRIC countries as well as Venezuela have close political and business ties with Iran concerning fossil fuels, and nuclear power plants - coincidentally both are energy related. Energy is crucial and it is being controlled by the major players. The war is not necessarily going to be a full scale invasion. If we take out their regime through video games and shake it up just like we did over there in Pakistan and their 11 soldiers, not much may happen in retaliation unless we fail. Asymetrical warfare attacks would be their likely response. If before Iraq oil was $27 per barrel and now it is $140, then before we invade Iran we better be prepared for oil to go to $700 per barrel. So people say oil companies are just corporations...they sure are actually. Just really smart ones who are pulling one over on the whole world. US Oil was really broken up and given to family friends so we still have a cartel. Cartel is with a negative connotation. Anyways, if we all go out and buy hybrids, that will help our image and show we aren't stealing all of the world's natural resources to drive around with AC and stereos on so they can experience it one day in the future in a land faraway. Get ready for hybrids people. Get ready to get nothing for your SUV. Pray that we start building nuclear power plants, mining oil shale, drilling in Alaska, California, Florida, and the other 900 fields in the US of A. By the way, all that technology they use to drill with is on par with what NASA has. Very little pollution other than a major catastrophe. Time to play politics again with countries by spreading democracy through example, not force like Afghanistan and Iraq. Time to put a solar panel on the roof of your car and house. Oh by the way, your cell phone could use one too. If America would lose its hypocrisy on the issue of domestic drilling and refining, loosen up its grip on Iran's throat, and on its own citizens' throats, we could regain some credibility. We still have some credibility because we technically did start two democracies in the last couple years and we helped Kosovo, but republics need to be formed from the bottom up, not the top down. In fact we are undermining democracy just as fast as we spend dollars to prop them up by denying Habeus Corpus to enemy combatants whether they are foreign or domestic. Its the local communities that when given freedom create their idea of a Utopian Society, not when a foreign police state establishes their version for you. We have lots and lots of debt as well. As long as we pay on time and don't inflate our dollar to make our debt smaller like China is witnessing us do, things should remain fine. Once China realizes 9 trillion is now more like 9 billion used to be, they could get red hot mad. Red army hot mad. They have more people in their army than in our country. Talk about an occupying force. If we do experience global depression from the housing market, if it does get worse than the Great Depression like the Bank of International Settlements claims (you know, the bank over all the other banks), we could become relatively poor in a short matter of time. Banks could shut down, factories are already gone, technology disappear rather quickly, power grids could fail, water could dry up, Canada could float away or more likely the coastal regions flood from our cars (yeah right). I for one plan on buying a house that was double what it is worth now, across from the water that connects to the Gulf of Mexico, two stories and so forth for a great deal while I drive about 2 miles to work every day and back proclaiming Ron Paul whenever kosher. And so far, some people still don't know, but its hard to get to know someone without learning their politics. Mine are pretty flawless. I will debate you anytime anywhere. While we are sitting on my balcony hoping the glaciers stay frozen and our hybrids last us 5 years before we all go to electric cars and figure out what to do with nuclear waste, we can keep an eye on the water level. Hopefully more Caribbean Monk Seals don't go extinct, we don't die from Salmonella tomatoes, and we learn to stop giving our enemies so much loot. It is worthless loot, whereas at least we get from point A to point B for it. They get something that loses value over time. Good trade. Plus they are starting to realize it. Lots of the hijackers were from Saudi Arabia oh maybe 16 of 19? 1 from Afghanistan, 1 or 2 from Pakistan? We import more oil from Nigeria in Africa now than we do from Saudi Arabia which is why we are spreading AFRICOM. GWOT is such a good excuse to do whatever we want why would you want to claim it is a hoax like the war on drugs/poverty? At least we have Israel over there who has our backs, appreciates freedom...or do they? They are all messed up over there. Glad I live over here where I don't feel like I'm going to get nuked by an evil dictator. Wait, Cuban missile crisis. Wait, isn't there a belief that we created that whole mess too? If there is another terrorist attack, it could be from Nigeria as their citizens don't see a dime from all the money flowing from their soil to ours.

Time for all of America to realize why free market capitalism, free speech, free press, free religion, and free things in life are some of the best. Thank you Ron Paul for running and giving us one of the most exciting campaigns in modern American history if not ever. I'll continue to campaign ever so quietly, ever so determined, ever so until everyone around me is talking like me. Thanking God for freedom.

Conza88
06-14-2008, 04:11 AM
Friday the 13th... I have no doubt the Nwo scum, who're fans of the occult - ended up choosing that date for the EU Ireland vote... wouldn't surprise me in the slightest anyway..

It backfired though... some people are gonna be mightyyyy pissed.

Fri 13th, depends on the person.. Its my lucky no.. :)

BuddyRey
06-14-2008, 04:22 AM
My dad fixed my PC speakers, I cleaned up the pad a little, got the Idaho Observer and New Scientist in the mail, and had a very inspiring day gearing up for the CFL. It was a fantastic day, as I find that Friday the 13ths usually are, for some strange reason.

But, I don't think you have to worry. Ron Paul technically dropped out on Thursday.

wgadget
06-14-2008, 07:19 AM
Um...

Didn't he make his "drop out" speech on Thursday, the 12th?

Just sayin'.

FreedomRings
06-14-2008, 08:11 AM
He dropped out on the 12th and the Irish EU referendum was on the 12th, too.

Conza88
06-14-2008, 08:54 AM
He dropped out on the 12th and the Irish EU referendum was on the 12th, too.

Yea, but results known on 13th. :D

asgardshill
06-14-2008, 08:58 AM
1. Wowza, but the OP's wall 'o text is hard to read. Try paragraphs.

2. Yesterday was a busy news day, but we must all take the time to remember the truly momentous and important news from yesterday; that of rapper R Kelly's acquittal on child molestation charges.

zach
06-14-2008, 09:11 AM
2. Yesterday was a busy news day, but we must all take the time to remember the truly momentous and important news from yesterday; that of rapper R Kelly's acquittal on child molestation charges.

I forgot to watch Fox on that! Oh dear, I missed the latest news. I'm so out of synch with my life now. What about Britney Spears? Oh goodness..

Knightskye
06-14-2008, 09:17 AM
Paragraphs are your friend. :cool:

asgardshill
06-14-2008, 09:25 AM
I forgot to watch Fox on that! Oh dear, I missed the latest news. I'm so out of synch with my life now. What about Britney Spears? Oh goodness..

LOL. I even forgot to mention that P. Diddy changed his name back to Puff Daddy the other day ;)

Joseph Hart
06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Paragraphs are your friend. :cool:

I think I see the Mississippi River flowing through that thing.

Danke
06-14-2008, 12:16 PM
Yea, but results known on 13th. :D

Didn't he announce it in the evening in Texas, so technically it was the 13th already somewhere, like Australia!!! :eek:

UtahApocalypse
06-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Um...

Didn't he make his "drop out" speech on Thursday, the 12th?

Just sayin'.

+1 Sme people will stretch anything to fit their reality

Carole
06-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Enjoyed your comments. Lots of truth and a couple of items new to me.

Thanks.

1000-points-of-fright
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
...a black cat just crossed my trail.