PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's worries are pretty much translated in Metal Gear Solid 4 game

tonyTheBest
06-13-2008, 11:53 PM
If you have a ps3, buy this game because it is the best game ever and it is so relevant to our campaign.

ClayTrainor
06-13-2008, 11:57 PM
how is it relative to the campaign exactly?

Dont tell me you play as paul instead of snake halfway throught the game or something haha.

Kludge
06-13-2008, 11:59 PM
how is it relative to the campaign exactly?

Gov't military (there to keep the military industrial complex fed) vs. militia?

Andrew-Austin
06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
I actually finished the game today (kicks ass btw), can't say I'm sharp enough to translate points from the game and relate it with whats going on in the real world though.. Perhaps you can?

I mean I can see some vague parallels to the real world in the series, but can you elaborate some? I don't see whats "so relevant"..

ClayTrainor
06-14-2008, 12:04 AM
God dam, im gonna have to buy a ps3 just to play this.

Conza88
06-14-2008, 12:05 AM
lol.. does it come on other platforms.. like PC? :|

Kludge
06-14-2008, 12:14 AM
lol.. does it come on other platforms.. like PC? :|

Maybe a ps3 can be emulated with hardware that's up to par in just 15-25 years.

hillbilly123069
06-14-2008, 12:19 AM
Get off the couch.Didn't you know the CIA has game systems bugged? Just like the left eye of the new $20 bills.Throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until you see a pink flash in his left eye.It's a short range,low frequency RF transmitter like in your paypass card
If you have a ps3, buy this game because it is the best game ever and it is so relevant to our campaign.

Archie
06-14-2008, 12:20 AM
Ron Paul the Video Game !!! Imagine that HAHAHA you would start out the story mode in all the network debates and fight your way through all the neo-con debate points and in the final stage you get to fight john McCain in a Steel Gage ....

Conza88
06-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Maybe a ps3 can be emulated with hardware that's up to par in just 15-25 years.

Hahahhaha. :D I'm patient.

Kludge
06-14-2008, 12:22 AM
Gah, the game's beautiful

http://www.pspsps.tv/06tgs_04.jpg

Andrew-Austin
06-14-2008, 12:23 AM
^Thats just the middle-eastern area, the other locations look even better.

Conza88
06-14-2008, 12:26 AM
Do you want to join the military after playing?

Kludge
06-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Do you want to join the military after playing?

Maybe if you aren't disturbed by the connection the game makes between the military industrial complex, politicians and wars.

Archie
06-14-2008, 12:30 AM
COD 4 is where its at as far as Crazy people playing it and then having a thirst to join the military LOL!!!!! No Dis-respect to anyone in the military for wanting to serve your country but if you decide to join simply because you played MTS4 or COD 4 you might wanna check your head..

DFF
06-14-2008, 12:36 AM
Ron Paul the Video Game !!! Imagine that HAHAHA you would start out the story mode in all the network debates and fight your way through all the neo-con debate points and in the final stage you get to fight john McCain in a Steel Gage ....

It would be awesome if the second to last level was the Federal Reserve where you fought the board of governors on route to a smackdown with Bernanke. :D

Fox McCloud
06-14-2008, 12:45 AM
I wonder if Snake really does commit suicide in this one or not?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11087.html <---SD Version (74.52 MB)
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/11394.html <---HD Version (376.12MB)

Perhaps this'll outline things a little more and show, a little bit better, the parallels.

I've always thought the MGS series was a parallel (with some obviously modifications and "fun" added to it) of our own history.

I think this quote pretty well defines our own times: "The Age of deterrence is now the age of control, averting catastrophe from weapons of mass destruction, and he who controls the battlefield, controls history."

werdd
06-14-2008, 05:20 AM
bring it to the 360 or pc and ill play it :/

nobody's_hero
06-14-2008, 05:24 AM
The best anti-government video game of all time, in my opinion, is Freedom Fighters for PS2 (maybe Xbox, too?). I'm still waiting for a sequel. :)

tonyTheBest
06-14-2008, 08:31 AM
It is relevant in the following points:
* The Patriots in the game were pretty much like the "elites", council of foreign relations.
* Nano bugs in every military man was similar to national ID cards.
* Government turns to war for profits was like military complex.

SnappleLlama
06-14-2008, 08:35 AM

*Applause*

:D

Knightskye
06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Just like the left eye of the new $20 bills.Throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until you see a pink flash in his left eye.It's a short range,low frequency RF transmitter like in your paypass card

Wow...

http://www.ubersite.com/m/27001

He's got pictures of new and old $20 bills. Looks like they all catch fire. Want to try scaring me with something more credible?

Drknows
06-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Never played Metal Gear Solid 4 but I just watched WAR inc. i think everyone should see that movie even though its over the top on some points.

i give it 8/10.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
06-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Deus Ex
Release date NA June 22, 2000 (WIN)

In order to combat these threats to the world order, the United Nations has greatly expanded its governmental influence around the globe. The United Nations Anti-Terrorist Coalition (UNATCO) is formed, with the intent of maintaining peace internationally and combating the world's ever-growing number of terrorist groups.[24]

During sections of the game where the New York skyline is visible in the background, the two towers of the World Trade Center are noticeably missing; the real towers were destroyed a year after the game was released. ... According to Smith, during the game's development, the developers justified the lack of the towers by stating that terrorists had destroyed the World Trade Center earlier in the game's storyline.[32]

Mysterious groups such as ... the Bilderberg Group and the Trilateral Commission also either play a central part in the plot, or are alluded to during the course of the game.

Terrorist leader: Number one: In 1945 corporations paid 50 percent of federal taxes. Now they pay about 5 percent. Number two: In 1900 90 percent of Americans were self-employed; now it's about two percent.

Terrorist leader: It's called consolidation. Strengthen governments and corporations, weaken individuals. With taxes, this can be done imperceptibly over time.

Terrorist leader: The entire executive branch is hand-picked. Nineteen of the last twenty-three U.S. presidents have been members of the Trilateral Commission. The Trilateral Commission is financed by the Rockefellers and the Rotschilds. Don't tell me --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Prisoner2: It's simple numbers. Big companies pay like two percent tax, while you and me, we pay like fifty. It's the tax code that makes sure big bureaucracy gets bigger and people have no power.

Prisoner2: All taxes are social engineering. That's always been their real purpose.

Prisoner2: What happens is that politicians get money from big companies, so all the social engineering is for making big companies. Like I said, it's simple numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex

kombayn
06-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Get off the couch.Didn't you know the CIA has game systems bugged? Just like the left eye of the new $20 bills.Throw it in the microwave for 2 minutes or until you see a pink flash in his left eye.It's a short range,low frequency RF transmitter like in your paypass card

They did that a while ago. I have no problem with RF chips, I mean they can find out where you are on your cell-phone. Notice only the 911 Emergency location or Full location options on your phone? They can already track you down if they have to.

Kludge
06-14-2008, 01:31 PM
I'll be buying as soon as I can find my old wallet with the Best Buy gift cards I receive faster then I can spend.... Wish I had a RFID chip in it so I knew where it is...

orafi
06-14-2008, 01:36 PM

the story is great, but the gameplay isn't as stellar... the ai is so dumb.

devil21
06-14-2008, 11:50 PM
There's a secret level where you play as Ron Paul. At each checkpoint, Jesse Benton pops up and gives you bad information about the goals of the next mission. Mid way through each mission Lew Moore randomly runs up behind you and steals money out of your pocket. No one has ever completed this level.

ETA: Ive heard that if you complete the mission, Justine Lam takes credit for it.

Kludge
06-14-2008, 11:53 PM
There's a secret level where you play as Ron Paul. At each checkpoint, Jesse Benton pops up and gives you bad information about the goals of the next mission. Mid way through each mission Lew Moore randomly runs up behind you and steals money out of your pocket. No one has ever completed this level.

You unlock the level by picking up "Memo from Dick" that drops off of any soldier after collecting all the dog tags.