PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a clear answer?

Fox McCloud
06-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Has Ron Paul dropped out of the Presidential race or has he not?

People will often say "oh, but he's not even running anymore"--during the end of the primaries this was incorrect, but what about now? Is Ron Paul officially out of the race or what?

RadioDJforPaul
06-13-2008, 09:52 PM
www.ronpaul2008.com

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-13-2008, 09:56 PM
nt

Fox McCloud
06-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Fox... let me just level with you. The whole presidential thing is rigged. We never had a chance. A lot of us knew this, but we did this anyway. It was called phase 1 to wake up a bunch of supporters to become our foundation. Now we are moving to phase 2. Phase 2 will make phase 1 seem insignicant. Phase 2 will take a few years, then we will move on to phase 3, then we win.

Please goto http://www.campaignforliberty.org (http://www.campaignforliberty.org)and await further instructions.

End transmission.

I think that's a great idea, and I'll indeed be participating, but I really don't think things will last that long :(

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I think that's a great idea, and I'll indeed be participating, but I really don't think things will last that long :(

Why not? This is essentially the same as before, but better... I'm sure you'll see this once the site isn't in beta anymore.

pinkmandy
06-13-2008, 10:19 PM
I've been thinking a lot about this- trying to balance working longterm while dealing w/what's to come short term because I've been pretty stressed over the near future, too. We have to do this on two fronts imo. First, we work w/Campaign for Liberty. Spread it far and wide. I'm getting quite excited- thinking about news programs, liberty retreats, huge conferences (shall we meet once a year in secret?), so many options! I can't wait to see what the site rolls out!

Short term- it would have mattered very little if Dr. Paul were the Repub nominee. He would not have won. Just like the repubs went left to defeat Goldwater. If, by some miracle, RP were nominated he would have been silenced in some fashion or another. We're kidding ourselves if we think that he would be "allowed" to be POTUS if we're really up against what we think we're up against. I prefer Dr. Paul NOT silenced. ;) As for things to come soon, that is our job. We have to massively reach out locally with our meetups already in place and start preparing people. Use your imagination. Get flyers out. Speak at local events about preparing for economic collapse. I think most of us have been doing this on a smaller scale among friends/family. Spread it out. Summer is here. Teach people how to can food. Offer camps on survival. Gun safety for teens. Whatever- just start thinking about it. The porcs in NH have an awesome phone system in place if I recall correctly. Maybe meetups could set up something similar- it's a warning line if someone needs *help*. Call in, all the "members" get your message and can come to your aid. We have the network in place to get this done on both fronts. We just have to DO IT.

Just my thoughts. They're a bit scattered right now but you get the jist of it. :)

Fox McCloud
06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Why not? This is essentially the same as before, but better... I'm sure you'll see this once the site isn't in beta anymore.

I think events in the not-so-distant future will make campaigning for liberty almost impossible.

also, www.ronpaul2008.com is down...or were you trying to tell me via that that his bid for President is over?

berrybunches
06-13-2008, 10:38 PM

Why not? I am recruiting new people to the freedom cause and Ron Paul all the time and my primary has been over for months.
My local paper I just saw had a small editorial on how the GOP needs to be more inclusive to other views (no mention of Paul but of course that had to be teh motivation) The movement is still growing, the ideas are still popular and we have a whole hoard of people under 18 that have become very libertarian minded that will be voting soon enough.
I have a feeling our St. Paul convention is going to be huge too!
Have you joined Ron Paul's new site yet? Its only been up about 48 hours and it already has over 40,000 members.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/
Join!

also Ronpaul2008.com had a "Thank You" message on the front page that closed his bid for president..most of the site information had been removed also..I don't know why its down now. Also on the top of the ron paul forums main page is a new video message to supporters.

Fox McCloud
06-13-2008, 10:47 PM
also Ronpaul2008.com had a "Thank You" message on the front page that closed his bid for president..most of the site information had been removed also..I don't know why its down now. Also on the top of the ron paul forums main page is a new video message to supporters.

Ok, thanks for the information! That really clears things up.

Anyway, I should have been more clear--I didn't mean that the campaign for liberty won't last long, I meant that the current status of the world, our way of life, and other things aren't going to last long--I honestly believe things are going to take a serious turn for the worse in the next few months (and by the middle of next year, at the latest)--things just can't last.

IPSecure
06-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Dr. Paul wanted to us to get involved, and receive an education in politics...

Now we know just how corrupt the governless is from the local, county, state, and national levels.

This includes all three branches of the pyramid...

Dr. Paul ran for President years ago. Where were we?

The Revolution Shall Continue!
(1776 - ∞)

berrybunches
06-14-2008, 01:38 AM
Ok, thanks for the information! That really clears things up.

Anyway, I should have been more clear--I didn't mean that the campaign for liberty won't last long, I meant that the current status of the world, our way of life, and other things aren't going to last long--I honestly believe things are going to take a serious turn for the worse in the next few months (and by the middle of next year, at the latest)--things just can't last.

Ohhh okay good :)

I agree, just wait until Iran gets bombed...I see it happening before Bush leaves office. I am seriously considering stocking up on food and water in case things get really bad. May sound silly but food is already getting expensive and everyone is saying all prices will do is go up.