PDA

View Full Version : Who wants to Camp in Minnesota for the Rally? Info

speciallyblend
06-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Can you imagine 100 acres with 500 - 2,000 RP supporters on it or more???!!!

We are in the works, trying to secure some land and resources and possible entertainment etc etc,but the main focus is camping and cars and land.

We need a head count,so if you really want to go to St Paul and support the Revolution, lets make this a FUN GRASSROOTS EVENT.

MORE INFO, coming soon once we get some concrete info from the GREAT MINNESOTA RON PAUL SUPPORTERS:)

please keep bumped and let us know if you want to come to this Ron Paul Campground and attend the Rally/Real Republican Convention, LET'S MAKE THIS HAPPEN.....:D
UPDATED *************************************
this was a reply to my email from minnesota supporters

1)By September, we will have well over 100 acres open, plenty of room. We have over twenty acres of woods to scrounge for campfire wood and such. Since we are a working dairy farm, we have virtually everything we need for an event like this -- and plenty of fresh raw milk as well.

If you are interested, we may be able to arrange some sort of shuttle service with the local bus company or a liberty-minded limo guy we know. We can make arrangements for biffs(portable toilets? hehe i didnt know what they were i had to ask, some entertainment and maybe even some organic food vendors, if there are that many people.

Of course we would ask for some 1554 or other fine New Belgium product from all you Colorado folks,

NOW isn't that AWESOME FOLKS?

i have one question? DO RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ROCK OR WHAT????

I will have more info once i talk to our new friends in minnesota

acptulsa
06-13-2008, 02:42 PM
One tent spot, please!

tomveil
06-13-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm in.

amy31416
06-13-2008, 02:52 PM
I might modify my mom's SUV for sleeping, is a parking spot appropriate?

tomveil
06-13-2008, 02:53 PM

I'm in!

crazyfingers
06-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I'm in. Even if there were hotels available I couldn't afford it after all the costs associated with just getting to Minneapolis.

How far from the city limits are the closest campgrounds? Are there any youth hostels in the area?

transistor
06-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Absolutely

SnappleLlama
06-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I might...if everyone promises to shower

speciallyblend
06-13-2008, 03:06 PM

i don't see that being a problem...

malkusm
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Agreed, I'm going to be spending who knows what on gas to get there and back from VA. No way I can afford to stay in a hotel.

Count me in.

speciallyblend
06-13-2008, 03:10 PM
I might...if everyone promises to shower

well if we do this we are gonna work on some portable showers;)

I do have a proven and well tested cheap shower kit;)

One Gatorade bottle with the sippy top(adjust water flow;) then fill with half hot water then rest cold water and then get a lil wet with underwear on;) ladies bras work, soap up and then rinse yourself , you have a clean republican hippie:)

it works no lie:D

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-13-2008, 03:16 PM
nt

Bruno
06-13-2008, 03:19 PM
Room for one tent for us, please!

libertarian4321
06-13-2008, 03:48 PM
I just need a spot to park my truck (w/camper top) and I'm all set!

kombayn
06-13-2008, 04:18 PM
I'll be at the pubs until 4am, but sure... I'm down for camping.

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Put me down as a maybe. Still working on cost, and getting permission from the wife to go alone. She works and i'm retired, but goddammit i need to be there and would wear my Delegate badge everywhere i go. She actually wants me there...;>

speciallyblend
06-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Put me down as a maybe. Still working on cost, and getting permission from the wife to go alone. She works and i'm retired, but goddammit i need to be there and would wear my Delegate badge everywhere i go. She actually wants me there...;>

we are trying to get land,but if not , we will list a few camping areas with alot of spots open and fill them;) either way i think it would work but if we can get a larger land area it would be better and private land.... bump at 430am

Anti Federalist
06-14-2008, 07:43 AM
well if we do this we are gonna work on some portable showers;)

I do have a proven and well tested cheap shower kit;)

One Gatorade bottle with the sippy top(adjust water flow;) then fill with half hot water then rest cold water and then get a lil wet with underwear on;) ladies bras work, soap up and then rinse yourself , you have a clean republican hippie:)

it works no lie:D

Now that's funny.

SnappleLlama
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
I love this site! You people rock!

tron paul
06-14-2008, 11:18 AM
heh, Paulestinian Refugee Camp here I come!

asgardshill
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
If camping in Minnesota is anything like I remember when I was a kid, Item Number 1 on everybody's TO TAKE list needs to be bug spray. Those little black flies are capable of driving cattle completely insane.

Roxi
06-14-2008, 11:30 AM
im so in...

need one parking spot and tent space

and just a reminder, you can take a shower at a truck stop for around $6-$10, i recommend the flying J, or Love's. On our 28 state road trip during OLFD i had to do this several times and never had any problems.

UtahApocalypse
06-14-2008, 11:37 AM
still working to get that week off work. If I can i am so there. May take greyhound rather then drive. hoping to carpool though.

Danke
06-14-2008, 12:03 PM
If camping in Minnesota is anything like I remember when I was a kid, Item Number 1 on everybody's TO TAKE list needs to be bug spray. Those little black flies are capable of driving cattle completely insane.

That shouldn't be a problem around the Twin Cities. And bugs are almost a non issue by September anyway.

asgardshill
06-14-2008, 12:05 PM
That shouldn't be a problem around the Twin Cities. And bugs are almost a non issue by September anyway.

Yeah, we camped up in Northern Minny, so I wasn't sure if they are as big a headache in the cities as they were out in the sticks. Yah shure yu betcha.

speciallyblend
06-14-2008, 12:09 PM
what person would vote down this thread ,now thats funny

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 08:52 AM
bump

matthylland
06-16-2008, 10:58 AM
I think that is a great idea!
sign me up

armstrong
06-16-2008, 11:04 AM
me to , me too-count me in one spot

Danke
06-16-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm asking around. But if no one finds a larger field available, there are a lot of campgrounds around the area.

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 11:20 AM
So, who's up for roasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories?

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 11:34 AM
I'm asking around. But if no one finds a larger field available, there are a lot of campgrounds around the area.

i did get a contact from some organic farmers for Ron Paul, we are checking all sources and if we dont secure some private land,then we will take over the public ones:)

contact me if you get some firm answers ok:)

Danke
06-16-2008, 11:54 AM
So, who's up for roasting marshmallows and telling ghost stories?

Screw that, let's blow some shit up!

http://www.firework.uk.com/fireworks.jpg

http://www.eduplace.com/kids/hme/k_5/brightideas/graphics/fireworks2.jpg

rodo1776
06-16-2008, 12:16 PM

The State of Minnesota has a pretty decent system of state parks with camping. Here is the site to check for availability and to reserve in advance.

http://www.stayatmnparks.com/SearchPark.aspx

I quick checked Afton Park which is pretty close to the convention and since it is Labor day weekend it appears that it may be filled up to the 30th of August. But after that it appears they have space.

You can reserve in advance and most of these parks have bathrooms and if you get a "Group" space or spaces the price can be as low as $3.00 per person per night. Check the details but soon as Mcdufus may just go and reserve everything to keep us out. i can't make it but Hope it is a success.

But be forewarned they say "No Alcoholic beverages" allowed. And the fireworks will get you kicked out. Nothing about political signs though so be sure to bring those.

You could probably google minnesota or even St Croix river camping and find some private campgrounds that could give you a good deal starting the 1st or 2nd.
The St. Croix area is really nice and only about 45 minutes to St. PAUL.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
The State of Minnesota has a pretty decent system of state parks with camping. Here is the site to check for availability and to reserve in advance.

http://www.stayatmnparks.com/SearchPark.aspx

I quick checked Afton Park which is pretty close to the convention and since it is Labor day weekend it appears that it may be filled up to the 30th of August. But after that it appears they have space.

You can reserve in advance and most of these parks have bathrooms and if you get a "Group" space or spaces the price can be as low as $3.00 per person per night. Check the details but soon as Mcdufus may just go and reserve everything to keep us out. i can't make it but Hope it is a success.

But be forewarned they say "No Alcoholic beverages" allowed. And the fireworks will get you kicked out. Nothing about political signs though so be sure to bring those.

You could probably google minnesota or even St Croix river camping and find some private campgrounds that could give you a good deal starting the 1st or 2nd.
The St. Croix area is really nice and only about 45 minutes to St. PAUL.

this is why we are focusing on private lands,less government hassles:) but if we cannot get some private land,then we will focus on the campgrounds,i have checked in 100 miles and there are plenty of open public ones... lets give it a week before we start booking the public ones. I have gotten some good leads, so lets wait and see ok folks, thanks for the link. I'm gonna make a new thread with alot of public campground info soon.. i got overwhelmed with responses from minnesota supporters:0 offering backyards,even rooms, so i have alot of organizing and phone calls to make:) happy sigh:)

Working on a large track of land (5-500 acres depending on what we find;),then we can get some nice portable showers/restrooms and permits if needed,we might have several private campground hubs etc, i will do my best to have some answers by friday ok:) , kenny

Kalifornia
06-16-2008, 12:33 PM
If I can make it, Im interested.

dannno
06-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks Kenny.

Let us know also when you find out if transportation will be possible... I'm sure transportation from the campground to the convention will be considered.. and this is probably a bit dependent on the location, but some people might be flying into Minneapolis/St. Paul and want to camp, but hopefully they won't be spending all of their savings from the hotel on cab fair to get to the campground and back!!

Perhaps some people at the site with cars would be willing to go on bus stop runs to get people coming from airport, etc?

Too early, I know.. just thought I'd throw it out there.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm in.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Just got word , we might get a state park site with permits and just might have a full on RON PAUL CITY;) with entertainment(we are trying) anyway i should have some final reports soon,by friday i hope

SnappleLlama
06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Just got word , we might get a state park site with permits and just might have a full on RON PAUL CITY;) with entertainment(we are trying) anyway i should have some final reports soon,by friday i hope

Wow, thanks for all of the stuff you're doing for the movement!!! That's awesome! :D

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Wow, thanks for all of the stuff you're doing for the movement!!! That's awesome! :D

well thanks but i cannot take the credit, alot of folks are helping me in minnesota and others are helping in very specials ways. We should even have some houses for special needs supporters ,such AS SOME VETS OR PEOPLE WHO MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO CAMP, I'M WORKING ON SEVERAL ANGLES WITH FOLKS AND HOPE TO HAVE MORE INFO SOON, BUT THE RESPONSES i got from minnesota supporters on helping people was overwhelming. i have to get them in order and find out what we need to do....... the big issue will be cost,but ill fill everyone in ,once we get to that point...

I KNOW ONE THING RON PAUL SUPPORTERS ARE THE BEST AMERICA HAS TO OFFER;)

theantirobot
06-16-2008, 05:55 PM
1 tent!

Ninja Homer
06-16-2008, 07:50 PM
I just thought of a place that could potentially work.

It's called Harmony Park. http://harmonypark.com

I haven't been there in years, but it's a beautiful place. It's a grove of very old oak trees next to a lake, with a clearing in the middle where they have a 50 foot stage. You can pay individually to camp there, or book the whole park. They have several music festivals there every year, and it could easily hold everybody who wants to camp. The park is owned and operated by a group of modern day hippies, and you can drink and smoke whatever you want there (seriously, the first time I went there for a festival, I was surprised to see a group of people passing around a 3-foot bong out in the open, and was even more surprised when I realized that they all had security shirts and badges on :D).

Pros:
* Nice place to camp.
* Beautiful setting.
* The whole park can be booked.
* They take care of restrooms.
* Electric hookups for RV's.
* There's a 50 foot stage and at least 1 smaller stage so there could be some live entertainment.
* There's a lot of shade, and it's next to a lake so it stays cool even on really hot days.
* You can wash up (or just swim) in the lake.
* Bring in your own poisons (anything but kegs).
* Stay up as late as you want, party as hard as you want, and make as much noise as you want (most campgrounds have a lights-out/quiet-time of 10:00 pm).

Cons:
* It's 90 miles away from Williams Arena in Minneapolis where Ron Paul is throwing his own convention. But, it's south of Minneapolis, right off I-35, which is probably how most people from out of state will be driving in. Here's a map. (http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=79503+298th+St,+Clarks+Grove,+MN+56016&geocode=&dirflg=&daddr=williams+arena,+minneapolis,+mn&f=d&hl=en&sll=43.791667,-93.272381&sspn=0.091078,0.150375&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=9)
* Harvest Fest, an annual music festival held at Harmony Park, is on September 4-7, so the park definitely isn't available for those days, unless you want to buy a ticket and join in the festivities (I've gone to it a couple times, years ago, and it's a blast).

In case anybody may be interested in hanging around for Harvest Fest after the Ron Paul convention, here's the site for it, although it appears to be down at the moment. http://www.wookiefoot.com/HarvestFest/main.cfm
Basically, it's like the Burning Man of the midwest. Lots of people in costumes, people playing with fire, hula hoops, juggling, etc. Lots of partying. Lots of bands playing on multiple stages around the clock. Lots of photos here: http://mlee-productions.com/harvest/2007/index.htm

A few choice photos of the park:
http://mlee-productions.com/harvest/2007/crowd/images/325_Harvest07.jpg

http://mlee-productions.com/harvest/2007/landscape/images/1105_Harvest07.jpg

http://mlee-productions.com/harvest/2007/group/images/305_Harvest07.jpg

ButchHowdy
06-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Baby wipes work wonders!

If there's a bus out of Florida, I'd consider tenting it.

speciallyblend
06-16-2008, 08:27 PM
thanks ninja ill check into that post as well ok ,we have alot of options ,so one way or another , WE WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN;) looks cool to me:)

jsteilKS
06-16-2008, 09:13 PM
If you can get a spot add two tents for me and my extended family.

Raditude
06-16-2008, 10:59 PM
If I had the gas money, I'd totally go. I already live in my van, so it's not like I gotta change my way of life or anything.

http://www.solarnavigator.net/music/music_images/Woodstock_music_festival_poster.jpg

^^ This came to mind when I read your post about camping out, and since Ron Paul is for peace ^^

libertarian4321
06-16-2008, 11:12 PM
im so in...

need one parking spot and tent space

and just a reminder, you can take a shower at a truck stop for around $6-$10, i recommend the flying J, or Love's. On our 28 state road trip during OLFD i had to do this several times and never had any problems.

Who needs a shower, all you need is a bottle of water, a washcloth, and some bushes to hide behind.

Save the money for important things like 1. enough Ron Paul Tshirts to last the entire trip and 2. beer. :)

Raditude
06-16-2008, 11:25 PM
I'll tell you how I live in my van. No one would know I live in it, unless I tell them or they come look in my van.

I have a spray bottle, diaper wipes, Axe Shower Gel, paper towels, toothpaste and toothbrush. I got all my clothes in one bag, and a laundry bag for my dirty clothes.

If I'm not at a friend's house, I spray myself down, put some Axe on the diaper wipe or a wet paper towel, and wash down, then spray myself off again. I do have shampoo, but only wash my hair every few weeks, (washing it dries it out and makes it poofy since I had a color strip). I dry off, throw on some deodorant, shave sometimes, and brush my hair, while spraying it with water and/or spray-on conditioner. I'm clean, and no one would ever guess I'm a van-dweller. I love it. Google search "Van Dwellers." for more tips about it.

libertarian4321
06-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Google search "Van Dwellers." for more tips about it.

Well, if I'm going to live out of the back of my truck for a week or so, I guess I'll see if I can pick up some tips- thanks.

jasonjasonjason1
06-17-2008, 12:37 AM
aa

Joseph Hart
06-17-2008, 01:03 AM
Ill pitch a tent ;)

libertarian4321
06-17-2008, 01:34 AM
*sigh* Sucks to live in Washington state. Still debating whether I should make the trip all the way on the other side of the country; but this camping stuff makes me really really want to go.

You come from Washington, I'll come from Texas- we'll come from all over and have a good time and show some support for Ron Paul!

haaaylee
06-17-2008, 01:42 AM
You come from Washington, I'll come from Texas- we'll come from all over and have a good time and show some support for Ron Paul!

Give me a ride then....;)

libertarian4321
06-17-2008, 05:35 AM
Give me a ride then....;)

I'm driving a 2-seat Silverado. I might have room for one person if my wife can't take time off from work, but I won't know for sure until probably late July.

I wonder if there will be a "ronvoy" type thing for Minnesota?

haaaylee
06-17-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm driving a 2-seat Silverado. I might have room for one person if my wife can't take time off from work, but I won't know for sure until probably late July.

I wonder if there will be a "ronvoy" type thing for Minnesota?

How long is the ride from Texas?

acptulsa
06-17-2008, 01:13 PM

Denton, a day and a half. From Galveston, two and a half days. You split the difference.

speciallyblend
06-17-2008, 01:15 PM

im sure many are coming from texas ,maybe once we have all the details we can start a thread with people driving ,like bring a Supporter with you ,call it what you will,but i bet many would offer to take others if they have room:) Support a Supporter with a ride to RONSTOCK

libertarian4321
06-17-2008, 03:21 PM

1206 miles from my house to downtown Minnesota. Probably about 1100 from downtown Austin. If the campground is an hour south, probably 1000-1050 miles.

Its all highway- pretty much a straight shot- I35 runs from San Antonio to Minneapolis- no way I can get lost :)

BTW, I have an extra tent thats only been used once (about 10 years ago) if anyone needs one. Took my wife camping once, that was it -she's not the "outdoor" type- her idea of "roughing it" is staying in a Motel 6.

Looks like she isn't interested in "Camping for Ron Paul" either, so I'll have a seat available.

damon04
06-17-2008, 03:30 PM
Sounds great!

dannno
06-17-2008, 03:38 PM
I found round trip tickets from LAX to Minn/St. Paul for $260. That's probably about how much I would spend in gas and extra lodging and whatnot for the drive up and back.

I mean, it's at least $200 to fill my tank up 4 times..

crazyfingers
06-17-2008, 03:42 PM
I found round trip tickets from LAX to Minn/St. Paul for $260. That's probably about how much I would spend in gas and extra lodging and whatnot for the drive up and back.

I mean, it's at least $200 to fill my tank up 4 times..

Wow. That's not bad. I've found Minn/St. Paul to be quite an expensive airport to fly into. What airline is it/website did you use?

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
I just thought of a place that could potentially work.

It's called Harmony Park. http://harmonypark.com

I'll camp for sure. Not an hour and a half away though. Needs to be within a half hour or so.

malkusm
06-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Well I'm definitely going and I'd love to have company on the way up if you need a ride. I'd be going from VA (Blacksburg) through West Virginia, northern Kentucky (to Cincy), then up through Indianapolis and taking the major highways from there.

I have a very small vehicle, a 2-door Mazda MX-3 with about 162,000 miles on it (but in very good shape). I might be taking a friend with me if he's down, otherwise I'd be making the trip myself. The back seat is very small, and probably not the best to make a cross-country trip, but of course we can rotate and what-not. Just let me know :D

Help me pay for gas, we can split beer money, etc.

Also for the person who suggested our own shuttle service to/from the airport, I'd be willing to volunteer, if the passengers could help with gas and/or everyone got organized and pooled together for gas money to shuttle people.

dannno
06-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Wow. That's not bad. I've found Minn/St. Paul to be quite an expensive airport to fly into. What airline is it/website did you use?

www.cheapoair.com

heh... no, really :o

Northwest was the cheap airline

moostraks
06-18-2008, 05:37 AM
Awesome idea folks....Hope I can go!!!

Bump for any new info.

acptulsa
07-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Hey, Frisco Kid (I'm just jealous, what a beautiful town). Please give us some good news. I'm lining up the camping gear and raring to go. If I need to find a state park and make reservations, I need to know!

Hope you can pull this monumental undertaking off, though. I can already taste the campfire flame wars (no lobbing burning marshmallows)! Would it be a good thing for me to chip in early? Anything else I can do to help from way down here?

tribute_13
07-11-2008, 04:39 AM
I just made plans to go. I'd have to fly by plane which means I'm screwed hotel wise, camping is a great solution. Thanks. That solves one of my many problems.

Roxi
07-11-2008, 06:15 AM
we need to do a poll to see how many people we have committed to this...

acptulsa
07-11-2008, 06:43 AM
we need to do a poll to see how many people we have committed to this...

I'm on record for a tent spot and I stand by my reservation. And will chip in in advance. And should be able to stay long enough to help clean up. And will do it, even...

Speciallyblend? No one would get upset with you for deciding you took on too much, but leading us to believe we can count on it and leaving us hanging would not be good, man.

Ninja Homer
07-12-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm pretty sure planning for this will start up again after this weekend. A lot of focus has been on planning the DC March. Hopes are that some of the people who helped plan the DC March can shift to help with planning for the MN Rally.

I'm 99% sure you can count on something happening. CFL is putting up a web site for the MN Rally and releasing the details for it some time this week. Excitement and focus for it will build. Most hotels in the Twin Cities are already sold out (although they will be releasing reservations that were being held for the RNC on August 1st), so I think something like this will be a necessity.

acptulsa
07-12-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm pretty sure planning for this will start up again after this weekend. A lot of focus has been on planning the DC March. Hopes are that some of the people who helped plan the DC March can shift to help with planning for the MN Rally.

I'm 99% sure you can count on something happening. CFL is putting up a web site for the MN Rally and releasing the details for it some time this week. Excitement and focus for it will build. Most hotels in the Twin Cities are already sold out (although they will be releasing reservations that were being held for the RNC on August 1st), so I think something like this will be a necessity.

Thanks. This weekend is probably the wrong time to ask. But those of us who aren't in D.C. right now want to make sure we get our turn!!

P.S.!!!!!!!

Roxi
07-12-2008, 09:36 AM
no matter what were camping... i hope like hell we are all camping in the same spot... it won't take much to reserve a campspot but we need first and foremost to find out how many are commited, which means we probably need a website with a pledge button for camping, it doesn't necessarily have to turn into a big project, and i can't personally delve into another project, but we need to at least reserve a campsite for 200 and no less right?

i mean hell if we find a campsite kinda close, put signs up coming in that say "ron paul camping" then im sure people will show up..

HA HA "IF YOU BUILD IT.... THEY WILL COME" :)

acptulsa
07-12-2008, 09:39 AM
HA HA "IF YOU BUILD IT.... THEY WILL COME" :)

QFT. And if you make a reasonable profit on it, my libertarian ass won't complain, too.

But like I say, anyone who escalates the flame wars by lobbing flaming marshmallows answers to me!

Ninja Homer
07-12-2008, 10:00 AM
But like I say, anyone who escalates the flame wars by lobbing flaming marshmallows answers to me!

Flaming marshmallows are napalm. A friend's dad witnessed somebody trying to put out a flaming marshmallow by waving his stick back and forth real fast. The flaming marshmallow flew off and stuck to another persons face, burning them horribly, and scarring them for life.

acptulsa
07-12-2008, 10:04 AM
The flaming marshmallow flew off and stuck to another persons face, burning them horribly, and scarring them for life.

I can believe that. They are extremely sticky. Might sound funny, but it reads much better than it lives.

Wasn't kidding when I said I'd get upset...

Roxi
07-12-2008, 10:19 AM
wanna know whats worse than flaming marshmallows? stick a can of pork and beans into a campfire and wait about 20 minutes... it explodes like a damn firework spraying hot bean shrapnel EVERYWHERE....

i have had many a hole burned into tents and camping chairs from over 100 feet away because of this...

speciallyblend
07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
ok ,everything is still in the works, patience my friends.... we have the website being held ,we will need some work on it and we are working on things, once we have info . I will let you know ok. I will not be able to go now because of personal issues, but i will continue to work on getting this to everyone else ..

ooohhh by the way ninja homer ,i will need your help on making a powerful press release for www.lettertogop.com ,sorry if i havent answered some peoples questions,but i have been very busy..... keep up the great work folks and this will come together......

acptulsa
07-14-2008, 08:26 AM
ok ,everything is still in the works, patience my friends.... we have the website being held ,we will need some work on it and we are working on things, once we have info . I will let you know ok. I will not be able to go now because of personal issues, but i will continue to work on getting this to everyone else ..

ooohhh by the way ninja homer ,i will need your help on making a powerful press release for www.lettertogop.com ,sorry if i havent answered some peoples questions,but i have been very busy..... keep up the great work folks and this will come together......

Thank you--for the update, for the hard work, for the great idea! Patience it is--but if you need help, holler!!

Roxi, you've really camped with people that silly? Have they never seen their saucepan lids dance? Incredible! For those who are about to heat something in the can for the first time--those juice can openers that punch the little triangular holes are your friend. Steam pressure is not! Steam pressure used to move entire trains! Relieve it!!

amy31416
07-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Thank you--for the update, for the hard work, for the great idea! Patience it is--but if you need help, holler!!

Roxi, you've really camped with people that silly? Have they never seen their saucepan lids dance? Incredible! For those who are about to heat something in the can for the first time--those juice can openers that punch the little triangular holes are your friend. Steam pressure is not! Steam pressure used to move entire trains! Relieve it!!

No kidding, I almost lost a finger because of steam pressure and a faulty pressure gauge. It's not something to play with. Amazing how much power a vat with 40 liters of water near the boiling point under a couple of pounds of pressure has.

Cuttlekat
07-14-2008, 01:32 PM
I will need 4 or 5 tent sites. My husband's band, Cuttlebone will be coming and would love to perform! If you haven't heard of them check out myspace/cuttleboneband. All of the members are Ron Paul supporters.

We camped at Greenbelt campground in MD for the DC March. There were only a few other people there for the march. It would be a lot more fun to hang out with a BIG group of like minded people.

acptulsa
07-14-2008, 01:44 PM
I will need 4 or 5 tent sites. My husband's band, Cuttlebone will be coming and would love to perform! If you haven't heard of them check out myspace/cuttleboneband. All of the members are Ron Paul supporters.

We camped at Greenbelt campground in MD for the DC March. There were only a few other people there for the march. It would be a lot more fun to hang out with a BIG group of like minded people.

Welcome to the forum, and please allow me the honor of being the first to quote you for truth!

brandon
07-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Count me in for a spot, if I can afford the transportation.

Gin
07-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Give Susan Wolfe a chance to get home and rested up and I will bet that she would be glad to help organize another revolution campout. She did an AWESOME job with the DC Camping... We had 146 at the cabins..plus the tent camping not too far away. She set up a website for reservations as well.....

I am available to help in anyway I can. Just shoot me a pm and let me know how I can help....

Gin
07-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Count me in for a spot, if I can afford the transportation.

ditto!

Hey Brandon... Awesome Job on the BonFire Saturday night... your worked wonders with the wet wood!In the dark even :) Thanks a mil!!!

muzzled dogg
07-14-2008, 08:28 PM

our ronvoy driver got one of those cuttle samplers

some catchy stuff

muzzled dogg
07-14-2008, 08:29 PM
but back to the rally yo, i'd prolly have to camp

MG1234
07-16-2008, 10:46 PM
Hoping to fly in from PA. Maybe I could catch a ride between the campground & rally center (anybody)?

Danke
07-16-2008, 11:10 PM
Hoping to fly in from PA. Maybe I could catch a ride between the campground & rally center (anybody)?

It will be organized. Let everyone rest a bit from the D.C. march.

Susan Wolfe
07-16-2008, 11:37 PM

You should have camped at the Revolution Campgrounds! Camp Mawavi had 146 people and Turkey Run Ridge (about a mile away) had 100!

At Camp Mawavi, there was a dining lodge that had a commercial kitchen - it was big enough to hold everyone at the camp. We also had a council fire ring and had s'mores after the march!

Camp Mawavi was a cabin campground, with cabins for 2 to 6 people each. Turkey Run Ridge was a tent campground, and was absolutely beautiful, with big trees and lots of shade. The per person price was $20 for a cabin, and $15 for a tent.

I was sorry to read that the originator of the posts about camping in St. Paul is not going to be able to go himself. Wish you could be there, man. But you are awesome to continue to work to get others there - a true revolutionary. Don't get bogged down, and just know we are out there to help you!

I was the Travel & Lodging Committee Chairman for Revolution March and I created the Ronvoy routes referenced earlier. (FYI - We are going to be doing the Ronvoys again...but this time, it will be much larger. This last time, we had three months to plan and execute, once the committee was established. But we still had about 100 people go to the march in Ronvoy vehicles, that stopped to pick up others along the way. THIS time, we will have committees working out of every state, and coordinating with other committees along the way, to get everyone possible to the rally in St. Paul. So, time is short, but the DC experience was worth its weight in gold.)

Some incredible people volunteered to drive for the Ronvoy to DC routes - we will require the same thing again. Drivers must be over 25 with a valid drivers license and a major credit card in their name. In addition, drivers must have established and verified Paypal accounts, in order to receive funds for the Ronvoy vans and fuel. (NOTE: If you are otherwise qualified, but don't have a Paypal account, let us know, and we can walk you through setting one up!)

Unlike DC, St. Paul is centrally located for just about everyone in the nation to get there in two days or less. We could coordinate with the guy doing the campgrounds to get everyone to St. Paul and for campground lodging for a very low per person price, which would vary, depending upon where you are coming from, but not by much.

Seattle, which was the most expensive Ronvoy route at $290 per person, will now be one of the least expensive! Turn about is fairplay, and I hope that the people who took the Seattle Ronvoy will come on out to St. Paul! (I enjoyed meeting all of you, and hope to see you there! - Matt, can't wait to see the film!)

Anyway, to start this off right, we need confirmed drivers - if YOU can be a driver for a Ronvoy route departing from your city, LET ME KNOW! Contact me at TravLodge@revolutionmarch.com. We will do everything else, including recruit travelers for your route - but if you can be a driver, it would be a godsend!

Thanks!

Susan Wolfe

Danke
07-17-2008, 12:25 AM
September is a fantastic (best) time of year for camping in Minnesota.

acptulsa
07-17-2008, 06:12 AM
September is a fantastic (best) time of year for camping in Minnesota.

Oh, absolutely. A little off their summer peak temperatures and already (at that latitude) getting the crispness of autumn!

P.S. Speciallyblend is the one who can't make it? Damn--I wanted to shake his hand!

MG1234
07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
It will be organized. Let everyone rest a bit from the D.C. march.

OK--soon as I can commit to a traveling-party arrangement, I'm buying my plane ticket (earlier the better, of course!)
PS tent rental sounds awesome

Gin
07-18-2008, 02:46 PM
Anyway, to start this off right, we need confirmed drivers - if YOU can be a driver for a Ronvoy route departing from your city, LET ME KNOW! Contact me at TravLodge@revolutionmarch.com. We will do everything else, including recruit travelers for your route - but if you can be a driver, it would be a godsend!

Thanks!

Susan Wolfe

Susan... sign me up to be a driver! And of course anything else you need. I am at your disposal... :D

Also I have a tent that can sleep six. I believe that I will be coming alone this time......

muzzled dogg
07-18-2008, 03:01 PM
dude i need a cabin/tent + pillow + sleeping bag + female

Danke
07-18-2008, 03:24 PM
dude i need a cabin/tent + pillow + sleeping bag + female

Sorry. No tall, blond, beautiful Scandinavian type women up here in MN.

libertarian4321
07-18-2008, 10:34 PM
I was planning on driving, but if there is a Ronvoy from San Antonio, I may go that way instead.

muzzled dogg
07-18-2008, 10:39 PM
dude i prefer brunettes anyways

Danke
07-18-2008, 11:29 PM
dude i prefer brunettes anyways

Then you're in luck. A lot of illegal immigrants here.

speciallyblend
07-19-2008, 02:17 AM

ok,now im laughing my ass off . I just got off work from my dj gig.. early in the morning. I'm djing a wedding aug 24th and im gonna do my best to rearrange my day job schedule so i can go.

I have a bunch of work to do to get this particular campground open to about 75-100 campers if wanted.... but we are all waiting on the cfl. patiently waiting,peace kenny

Roxi
07-19-2008, 05:17 AM
can't wait! everytime this thread pops up i get excited :D

Gin
07-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Ditto!!! After the awesome time at Mawavi Campgrounds I can't wait for this one!

This is going to rock!!!!

The R3voultion Continues!!!!

Danke
07-19-2008, 09:43 AM
ok,now im laughing my ass off . I just got off work from my dj gig.. early in the morning. I'm djing a wedding aug 24th and im gonna do my best to rearrange my day job schedule so i can go.

I have a bunch of work to do to get this particular campground open to about 75-100 campers if wanted.... but we are all waiting on the cfl. patiently waiting,peace kenny

Let me know if I can help.

berrybunches
07-20-2008, 02:23 AM
I don't remember if I posted in this thread yet but I definitely want to camp.

Ninja Homer
07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
New info here - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=147304

libertarian4321
07-22-2008, 01:18 AM

You have illegals in Minnesota?

Cool, I thought I was going to have to bring a couple from Texas :)

I can't go camping without a maid, a cook, and a butler...

acptulsa
07-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Wish I could bring someone, but all the camping gear was bought to fit a serious chunk of station wagon--like eighteen feet and nine seat belts' worth of station wagon--and I'm packing it in a car that gets over thirty mpg. I'm hoping I'll fit!

KenInMontiMN
07-22-2008, 12:30 PM
RV Parks within a half-hour or so of Target Center, needless to say most if not all also have more primitive sites for tenting:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/lodging/?type=rv

speciallyblend
07-22-2008, 12:47 PM
RV Parks within a half-hour or so of Target Center, needless to say most if not all also have more primitive sites for tenting:
http://rally.campaignforliberty.com/lodging/?type=rv

we will add this link to our ronstock08 as soon as my friend gets back from the hospital. He and his wife are having another baby today:), so he is being the excited dad today;)

acptulsa
07-22-2008, 01:07 PM
we will add this link to our ronstock08 as soon as my friend gets back from the hospital. He and his wife are having another baby today:), so he is being the excited dad today;)

Get them to name you godfather so you can make us kiss your ring!

Hell, this thread is proof you've made us an offer we can't refuse!

KenInMontiMN
07-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I know the question got raised somewhere, don't remember where exactly- regarding getting more campgrounds listed in the rally lodging page. All of the RV places listed on that page also offer more primitive tenting sites for less as well, with one exception. Dakotah Meadows does not allow tents, instead they have authentic Sioux teepees in place around their acreage, you rent those and they sleep 8-10 I'm told.

Pretty sure they'll add those other RV places to the camping page as well, soon.

acptulsa
07-23-2008, 10:15 AM
Pretty sure they'll add those other RV places to the camping page as well, soon.

Don with CFL promised to. Turn your meetups on to that page!

RickyJ
07-23-2008, 11:24 PM
I don't remember if I posted in this thread yet but I definitely want to camp.

Yeah I want to camp too, just not sure I want to do so on a dairy farm. I might try a KOA.

Hancock1776
07-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Yeah I want to camp too, just not sure I want to do so on a dairy farm. I might try a KOA.

Ain't nothin' wrong with a dairy farm. Sleeping under the stars with a bunch of freedom lovers and spending the days with another 15,000 of them gaining the tools to take back the Republic...

And I thought Operation Live Free or Die was the pinnacle of this campaign. Boy was I wrong.

Morerockin
07-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Hey, if they can make it happen, I'm there! I will keep my hotel reservation though so I can go and take a shower and enjoy a few min of AC before going to all of the different functions!

Austin
07-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Can someone give an estimate of when an update will be provided? I really want to camp at the farm, but if I don't get info soon I'll have go ahead and reserve a hotel..

Morerockin
07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Can someone give an estimate of when an update will be provided? I really want to camp at the farm, but if I don't get info soon I'll have go ahead and reserve a hotel..

Reserve hotel now, at all hotels i've stayed at, you have until 6PM the day of checkin to cancel without getting charged!

muzzled dogg
07-25-2008, 02:54 PM
yo what's good

KenInMontiMN
07-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Reserve hotel now, at all hotels i've stayed at, you have until 6PM the day of checkin to cancel without getting charged!

I should caution that its a question you should definitely ask about when reserving, if you think you may change, be sure exactly what the policy is. Strange things happen when 100,000 people converge into a metro in the same week, and standard hotel policies do get changed in some instances.

One particular instance that I'm aware of on the lodging list is that the Comfort Inn in Savage is going to bill your card a $40 cancellation fee if you cancel after some date that they did not clearly specify, so ASK! There were a fair number of hotels that wanted to give us an expensive reserved block, but we declined simply because of both price and a policy of no cancellations, so if you're shopping around outside that list, again- Ask! Know what you're getting into and what the backout policy is.

Expatriate
07-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Me and my brother need somewhere affordable to stay, so this sounds great. After spending $53 for two $15.76 tickets (thanks a lot ticketmaster) I need to cut costs somewhere.

Is there anyone who knows WHERE exactly this organic dairy farm is? I want to take a look at it on Google Earth.

Ninja Homer
07-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Me and my brother need somewhere affordable to stay, so this sounds great. After spending $53 for two $15.76 tickets (thanks a lot ticketmaster) I need to cut costs somewhere.

Is there anyone who knows WHERE exactly this organic dairy farm is? I want to take a look at it on Google Earth.

I'm pretty sure speciallyblend said it was in Goodhue.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Goodhue,+MN&ie=UTF8&ll=44.826656,-92.787781&spn=1.427855,2.406006&t=h&z=9&iwloc=addr

RickyJ
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
Ain't nothin' wrong with a dairy farm. Sleeping under the stars with a bunch of freedom lovers and spending the days with another 15,000 of them gaining the tools to take back the Republic...

And I thought Operation Live Free or Die was the pinnacle of this campaign. Boy was I wrong.

No there is nothing wrong with it if you can stand the stink. Also the dairy farm can only hold about 150, which won't be enough room for all the campers. At the KOA I am going to they have a indoor swimming pool. :D

muzzled dogg
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
we still doin this?

blujaded
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM
We'll be coming directly from Burning Man in NV and are prepared to camp it!

blujaded
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
The Minnesota Burning Man Festival (http://www.burningman.com/)!

I always loved going there in Nevada:) Talk about freedom! The city that is created temporarily every year for it in a dry lake, black rock city, has real freedom.

This will be my first time at Burning Man and I am blown away by all the rules and regulations that are to be followed. It actually seems more like an environmentalist utopian experiment than a 'freedom fest', but we'll see... I'm sure it'll be an experience to remember, but I'm more excited about the rally and being able to make it there in time!

RickyJ
07-30-2008, 02:02 PM
we still doin this?

I don't know. I'm camping out but not on a dairy farm. I will come by to see everybody, but I'm not staying unless I meet a hot chick that wants to party. ;)

Ninja Homer
07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
This will be my first time at Burning Man and I am blown away by all the rules and regulations that are to be followed. It actually seems more like an environmentalist utopian experiment than a 'freedom fest', but we'll see... I'm sure it'll be an experience to remember, but I'm more excited about the rally and being able to make it there in time!

I've never been there myself, but I have friends who have gone. It sounds like a blast. Feel free to stick around in MN after the Rally for MN's version of Burning Man: http://www.wookiefoot.com/HarvestFest/main.cfm

CurtisLow
08-04-2008, 03:04 PM
So wheres everyone staying at that plans to camp out? :confused:

Danke
08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
So wheres everyone staying at that plans to camp out? :confused:

There are approximately 150 tent spots in a farmer's field about 50 miles south of Mpls.

www.ronstock08.com

But others are going to regular campgrounds all over the area.

CurtisLow
08-04-2008, 03:21 PM
There are approximately 150 tent spots in a farmer's field about 50 miles south of Mpls.

www.ronstock08.com

But others are going to regular campgrounds all over the area.

Cool! Thanks!

PlzPeopleWakeUp
08-04-2008, 03:45 PM
nt

Ninja Homer
08-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Bump for new info:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=150077