PDA

View Full Version : Well, that's a downer.

Knightskye
06-13-2008, 01:05 PM
I just noticed all the "He dropped out" threads, so I checked the campaign site. :(

So if something happens to McCain that sends him packing, no Paul nominee?

Spirit of '76
06-13-2008, 01:06 PM
I just noticed all the "He dropped out" threads, so I checked the campaign site. :(

I'm jazzed, man. $4.7 million to start funding educational efforts and back Liberty-minded candidates...

We're just getting warmed up!

constitutional
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM

You should be excited. We had our hand tied with Ron Paul in the primary. But now that he has officially dropped out; we can promote our ideas at all level of the government. He has launched the Campaign for Liberty! You know how Ralph Nader changed some of the policies of government by forming groups like this Campaign for Liberty. We can do it!

BUT FEAR NOT! RON PAUL MARCH WILL CONTINUE! RON PAUL MINI-CONVENTION WILL HAPPEN! WE WILL FIGHT FOR EVERY SINGLE DELEGATE!

Knightskye
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm jazzed, man. $4.7 million to start funding educational efforts and back Liberty-minded candidates...

We're just getting warmed up!

But what about the delegates?

SnappleLlama
06-13-2008, 01:09 PM

The delegates should STILL GO TO THE GOP CONVENTION...Ron Paul said so himself in a speech last night...gotaa put the "empire" in its place! :D

crazyfingers
06-13-2008, 01:10 PM

Something would also have to happen to Romney, Huckabee, Giulliani, Thompson, and whoever else the GOP would drag out. The party bigwigs would rather run nobody than nominate Dr. Paul. That's what happens when you have a long record of speaking truth to power.

Spirit of '76
06-13-2008, 01:12 PM

The delegates can still go to the Convention. I know I am! :)

JoshLowry
06-13-2008, 01:13 PM
The delegates can still go to the Convention. I know I am! :)

Learn the ropes!

Spirit of '76
06-13-2008, 01:14 PM
Learn the ropes!

I've been studying... ;)

Theocrat
06-13-2008, 01:16 PM

Mitt Romney will be right there to pick up where McCain left off. He's just waiting for it, I'm sure.

MAGICKAL
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
Can't say I'm not surprised...I am.

I thought he would go the distance or move from the party.

I really think Ron is more comfortable being a messenger, what he is hoping for is someone to fill his shoes, not sure if he is aware of how big those shoes are to fill...

So now what?

Personally, I'm not going to cheer every person that stands up and mutters something about the Constitution and freedom.

Few if any out there can match Ron's integrity or love for the Constitution, the man is just plain passionate about it, I think that was what got us all attracted to him.

Not going to hide my dissapointment...I'm saddened by this.

acptulsa
06-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Learn the ropes!

Dr. Paul's been fighting this good fight since before a good many people here were born. This seems like the least we could do--and is all he's asking of us. If we can be as stubborn as Dr. Paul, we will win this thing!

Unspun
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
The delegates need to go to the convention because they still have work to do. The delegates need to be at the convention to at least try to influence the party platform.

mport1
06-13-2008, 02:03 PM
It's not a downer. I'm more excited about the possibility of this new campaign than I was about the Presidential one. Without the shackles of the FEC, I think we will be much more effective.

Acala
06-13-2008, 02:12 PM
This is EXACTLY what we needed! A new focus for the long term. A place for us to put our money and our mouths again. RP is doing what needed to be done to take the movement beyond this election. And he is doing it at the right time. If he waited until after the convention or after the November election, people would be even more dazed and confused than they were after New Hampshire and Super Tuesday. This is perfect!

Except it is going to be hard for me to swing a trip to St. Paul.

MAGICKAL
06-13-2008, 03:39 PM
This is EXACTLY what we needed! A new focus for the long term. A place for us to put our money and our mouths again. RP is doing what needed to be done to take the movement beyond this election. And he is doing it at the right time. If he waited until after the convention or after the November election, people would be even more dazed and confused than they were after New Hampshire and Super Tuesday. This is perfect!

Except it is going to be hard for me to swing a trip to St. Paul.

I have to admit, I'm in the dark here...exactly what is supposed to be accomplished by this new campaign?

I see people are excited, but I'm missing the "why"