PDA

View Full Version : What about all the CPAs

ForLibertyFight
08-26-2007, 12:07 AM
If RP is elected then what happens to all the CPAs?

MicroBalrog
08-26-2007, 12:10 AM
What is a CPA?

purepaloma
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Better start working with more commercial clients.

Hook
08-26-2007, 12:11 AM
They do the books for businesses so that the owners of the businesses know what is going on.
Public companies still need to let the shareholders know how much the corp. is making.

MicroBalrog
08-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Also, there are still state income taxes and sales taxes and stuff like that.

born2drv
08-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I agree --- if RP is elected it would be the biggest boom this country has ever seen as far as business growth so CPA's should position themselves to assist businesses rather then individuals, or even go into business for themselves in the financial services sector...

ksuguy
08-26-2007, 12:17 AM
There are many jobs for accountants besides handling tax matters.

sickmint79
08-26-2007, 07:36 AM
having a hard time getting my parents to believe in RP - both are CPAs, my dad is partner in the largest firm in our county.

how can we get rid of the IRS? we still need it for corp returns (apparently)

how can we get rid of (ineffecient unconstitutional big government pig dept?) wasn't it made because we need it? how else will those things get done?

good ideals, won't happen in reality

i also think they probably have little to no knowledge/belief that the cfr wants us as an NAU, that personal liberties are being attacked, that the fed is at worst quite a debateable institution, and that the military industrial complex is hungry for war.

Capitalism
08-26-2007, 10:12 AM
If you are referring to the ones who do taxes, let them get jobs that provide the public with some benefit, rather than assisting the government's confiscation of our wealth. The end of the income tax will mean there will be much more opportunity in the economy.

Capitalism
08-26-2007, 10:14 AM
having a hard time getting my parents to believe in RP - both are CPAs, my dad is partner in the largest firm in our county.

how can we get rid of (ineffecient unconstitutional big government pig dept?) wasn't it made because we need it? how else will those things get done?

i also think they probably have little to no knowledge/belief that the cfr wants us as an NAU, that personal liberties are being attacked, that the fed is at worst quite a debateable institution, and that the military industrial complex is hungry for war.

It sounds more like your father believes in the income tax because it provides him with a job. He just rationalizes it to make himself feel good. You'll have a tough time convincing him that it's wrong to steal other people's money, even if it benefits him.

born2drv
08-26-2007, 10:31 AM

we would get rid of the IRS because there would be no federal income tax for individuals. as for corporations, if audited, we could put the burden on them to prove they are current and fully paid up. if a CPA looks at their books and gives it his stamp of approval, then all is well. If the government is suspicious they could outsource to a private CPA in the area to go over the books and make sure everything is in check.

if the first CPA is willing to risk his entire career to forge corporate returns, he would have to be pretty foolish, and the backlash also on the business for not paying their taxes would be tremendous and very damaging, probably shut them down. you could also put in stiff jail sentences, and fines for CEO's who willfully try to avoid paying their fair share.

you don't have to have a large overseeing body to run something like federal corporate taxes.... privatizing these things often lead to much more cost savings and efficiency.

just tell your dad that ron's philosophy is smaller government is better, and social services are better handled by the private sector. And when needed, the government would not hesitate to call upon the private sector for assistance, and infact CPA's would be even more powerful in such a system with the most trustworthy ones getting the most business.