View Full Version : Ted Poe (R-TX) on CFLs

ronpaulhawaii
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Classic house floor speech

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg

Who is this guy?

Kotin
06-13-2008, 12:24 PM
is that Tom Tancredo in the background???

freelance
06-13-2008, 12:36 PM
That performance was hilarious, but it was all true. Rome is burning and we're worried about mandating MORE mercury instead of less?

CoreyBowen999
06-13-2008, 12:42 PM
Ted Poe is an idiot. Sadly he is my congressman :(

ronpaulhawaii
06-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Ted Poe is an idiot. Sadly he is my congressman :(

Bummer, great speech, though

I liked Beaumont :) Ate gator at some famous roadhouse... Great MeetUp, do you know those guys?

Carole
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
When I first experienced nerve damage in one eye, flourescent lighting exacerbated it and made it impossible to focus. I could not read nor write. Words bounced around all over the place as did the paper they were typed on. I was not able to drive for a weeks until it gradually improved to its maximum.

Even now flickering flourescent light causes my eye to spasm and pupil to dilate so that I cannot focus properly for a while. I have to back several feet away from people to see them properly during these spasms. I avoid flourescent lighting any time I can.

Will the light bulb police come to arrest me if I break this law? :D

Deborah K
06-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Classic house floor speech

http://youtube.com/watch?v=e-LOtKIIKcg

Who is this guy?

He's actually a really great guy. He has worked tirelessly to get our borders secured, fights against illegal immigration, and has tried to get Border Patrol Agents Campean and Ramos out of prison for doing their job.

Deborah K
06-13-2008, 04:46 PM
is that Tom Tancredo in the background???

Yes that is Tancredo. Another border security champion.

HOLLYWOOD
06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
You , Can't eat ANY FISH out of the ATLANTIC OCEAN, due to the high content of Mercury and other heavy Metals in the fish.

Again, a Bunch of Bafoons in Washington Mandating recklessly before seeing the impact.

100% of CFLs: Made in CHINA!

I due like Poe's closing last line all the times I listen to him on the floor. "That's the way it is!"

UnReconstructed
06-13-2008, 05:37 PM
LMAO!!!

I loved that! Thanks for posting.

CoreyBowen999
06-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Bummer, great speech, though

I liked Beaumont :) Ate gator at some famous roadhouse... Great MeetUp, do you know those guys?

Nah I don't know them. I live up in the Kingwood area.