PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't ronpaul2008.com have a link to CFL

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 12:11 PM
People are going to go to the site and think he's done... they should have directed them to the new website

or am I missing something?

phixion
06-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Uh I couldn't imagine how much traffic he's missing out on by not funelling it from there to the liberty website - it must be insane ammounts. Thousands upon thousands per day.

It really needs a big fat link to the CFL A.S.A.P.!

Pete

UtahApocalypse
06-13-2008, 12:19 PM
its likely that to keep the CFL free of the FEC they cannot tie the two together officially in any way. Its OUR job to spread the message, get them e-mails, posts, and phones blazing.

crazyfingers
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
its likely that to keep the CFL free of the FEC they cannot tie the two together officially in any way.

This is the most logical explanation. You just know the goons at the FEC would love to nail RP for something.

WRellim
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Much more likely is that they simply didn't think it through that far.

FEC would not have a problem with a simple web-link.

austin356
06-13-2008, 12:26 PM
A simple link to a CFL from a campaign committee is not a FEC problem. The other way around (if CFL has tax exempt status) might possibly be made into something - but - thats not the issue.

Most likely someone just forgot or made a bad judgment.

NightOwl
06-13-2008, 01:39 PM
It is specifically an FEC concern.

Debbie Hopper
06-13-2008, 01:47 PM
WRellim, give it a rest, will you? The PCC cannot link to the new organization.

mport1
06-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Lets contact the campaign about this. If its not an FEC concern than they should definitely do it and also send out a campaign email about it.

WRellim
06-13-2008, 03:27 PM
WRellim, give it a rest, will you? The PCC cannot link to the new organization.

Debbie, instead of making snide remarks why don't you try answering some REAL questions. (You obviously read the forum entries, why not do something that actually communicates some solid info for a change).

Like this series of important questions (from someone else online here):

Just sent this message on the new "CampaignforLiberty.com" website:

To whom it may concern,

Many, many of Ron Paul's most active supporters (including myself) had/have serious concerns about how the Presidential campaign was led, and before we all devote too much time and effort to this new campaign, I have some questions I would like addressed. The answers will be posted far and wide across the internet.

I would like to know who will be the leaders/officers/directors of this effort, and who will have control of the finances. Will any of the hired staff from the Presidential Campaign be involved? If so, which ones?

I would also like to know how much of the funds remaining from Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign will be turned over to this effort, and what legal status the "Campaign for Liberty" will carry.

Thank you.

For the Republic,

Stephen J. Martin
Aroostook County Ron Paul Meetup, #17
Vice Chairman Aroostook County Republican Committee
At Large Member, Maine State Republican Committee
Amity, ME
207-532-3635

P.S. Why address me personally, Debbie? I didn't start this thread. Nor am I the only one commenting on it nor stating that opinion. And BTW, I think your answer is full of it... I don't think you really checked into it to find out whether you COULD make that link, but rather decided to NOT do it out of some "gut fear" that it was not legal. (And using you're "gut" is not the same as due diligence.)

P.P.S. Final note... whoever actually *IS* running and responsible for the new "CFL" website had better get their butt in gear and put the information about who OWNS and OPERATES that site online ASAP because, as of right now the site is soliciting and accepting DONATIONS without ANY information as to who the donations are going to, or under what regulations the organization is being run... and THAT is a pretty blatant violation of FEC regs. (Much, much worse than putting a link on the PCC website. And IMHO, just plain unethical and irresponsible as well, regardless of the regulations.)

Unspun
06-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Once all the paperwork for ending his presidential campaign is officially done I'm sure there will be a link or the site will be redirected.

WRellim
06-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Debbie, instead of making snide remarks why don't you try answering some REAL questions. (You obviously read the forum entries, why not do something that actually communicates some solid info for a change).

Like this series of important questions (from someone else online here):

P.S. Why address me personally, Debbie? I didn't start this thread. Nor am I the only one commenting on it nor stating that opinion. And BTW, I think your answer is full of it... I don't think you really checked into it to find out whether you COULD make that link, but rather decided to NOT do it out of some "gut fear" that it was not legal. (And using you're "gut" is not the same as due diligence.)

P.P.S. Final note... whoever actually *IS* running and responsible for the new "CFL" website had better get their butt in gear and put the information about who OWNS and OPERATES that site online ASAP because, as of right now the site is soliciting and accepting DONATIONS without ANY information as to who the donations are going to, or under what regulations the organization is being run... and THAT is a pretty blatant violation of FEC regs. (Much, much worse than putting a link on the PCC website. And IMHO, just plain unethical and irresponsible as well, regardless of the regulations.)

Crickets, Debbie... all I hear are Crickets...

You CAN'T (or WON'T) answer one simple question:
What is the legal structure (PAC, 501(c)(4) or ??) of the CFL?

All we get is a "STFU and donate!" Can't cut soft butter with that.

LibertyEagle
06-18-2008, 07:19 AM
Lets contact the campaign about this. If its not an FEC concern than they should definitely do it and also send out a campaign email about it.

Debbie IS with the campaign and if she said they cannot link to it, I would well imagine it is because their attorneys told them that.

qwerty
06-18-2008, 07:19 AM
People are going to go to the site and think he's done... they should have directed them to the new website

i agree!

LibertyEagle
06-18-2008, 07:21 AM
i agree!

Yes, it would be great, but if it breaks FEC rules, they cannot do it.

LibertyEagle
06-18-2008, 07:26 AM

She answered your question, or rather, the incorrect statement, you made in this particular thread. Rather than acknowledging that, you bring up something that S. Martin mentioned in a completely different thread. What's up with that, WRellim?

New York For Paul
06-18-2008, 01:58 PM
In most large campaigns, large donors like to know who the consultants are before they will donate. They want to have confidence in the campaign.

Because these donors are hit up for money everyday by all sorts of deserving candidates, the donor have to have some way to discern how professionally run the campaign will be before they donate.

Many consultants have track records. Not just whether they win or lose but also how they handle the campaign, relate to the party structure and prepare for the next campaign.

Most campaigns do lose, but the campaigns should be run professionally. That is the least the donors deserve. That the campaign manager really try to give it their best shot.

The same goes for organizations like the CFL.