PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand

VRP08
06-13-2008, 08:22 AM
Why would RP drop out NOW? Before the March? Didn't he say he is in until the convention? I'm SO sad and mad! I hate the media!!! I hate them ALL!!!

rajibo
06-13-2008, 08:35 AM
Chill out. It's all good.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/media?id=6202886

Truth Warrior
06-13-2008, 08:36 AM
The last primary is over.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2008, 08:40 AM
The last primary is over.

Actually, it is not. But, he thought it was time to redirect efforts to phase 2. Ron Paul is far from giving up on the effort to get back our country.

Joseph Hart
06-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I kinda agree with the OP. Why? There really was no particular reason to drop out. I hate to say it but I think there is more to it that we wont see. Maybe a threats?

Bruno
06-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Why would RP drop out NOW? Before the March? Didn't he say he is in until the convention? I'm SO sad and mad! I hate the media!!! I hate them ALL!!!

Chill. It's all good. Great things will become of this.

It frees up the money from FEC rules, gives RP time to plan for September, and provides a great launching point for the Campaign for Liberty in huge numbers.

The March will show strength before the convention, the convention will be a great launching pad for the Campaign for Liberty, and all his delegates will still support him at the convention. It's a win, win, win!

Conza88
06-13-2008, 09:09 AM
I kinda agree with the OP. Why? There really was no particular reason to drop out. I hate to say it but I think there is more to it that we wont see. Maybe a threats?

Threats? LOL.. Ron Paul wouldn't care.

No, now was the right time.. Say come convention, the miracle doesn't pay off.. Lot of people going to be disappointed, if they still held those expectations... now they don't.

We don't give a fk about the convention, because this yr at least, it won't be used as a vehicle to get the country back.

Do you think there would have been this much excitement, and growth in enthusiasm, if he announced it AFTER the convention? I really doubt it... people would be like.. you're a sore loser.. or whatever..

Anyway, I think he's done the right thing. :)

VRP08
06-13-2008, 09:25 AM
We have been focusing on all the things you all mention anyway! I still do not understand. It just doesn't make sense to me. Specially sice Ron has been saying over and over that he's in until the convention!

RonPaulRkfd
06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
I agree with the OP. Did he totally quit the presidential race, or did he suspend his
campaign like Romney did. What if McCain has an accident or dies before November?
Stranger things have happened. I hope to hell that Dr. Paul just suspended the
campaign and didn't outright quit. Looks like I need to watch the video from last night.

Conza88
06-13-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ

Now do you? :D

Bruno
06-13-2008, 09:39 AM
I agree with the OP. Did he totally quit the presidential race, or did he suspend his
campaign like Romney did. What if McCain has an accident or dies before November?
Stranger things have happened. I hope to hell that Dr. Paul just suspended the
campaign and didn't outright quit. Looks like I need to watch the video from last night.

You absolutely need to watch it. You will inspired and your anxiety will be cured. Mine was.
Romney and Huckabee both have more delegates, so I don't think that matters.

Mahkato
06-13-2008, 09:44 AM
What this did is to keep us from sitting stagnant all summer waiting for the convention in September. We now have a target (Campaign for Liberty) for all our energies. This was Ron Paul's way of signaling to the grassroots that it is no longer about him, but it is now 100% about the message, which will live on long after he is gone.

Truth Warrior
06-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Actually, it is not. But, he thought it was time to redirect efforts to phase 2. Ron Paul is far from giving up on the effort to get back our country.
I guess that you just may read Ron differently than I do. :confused:

"With the primary season now over, the presidential campaign is at an end. But the larger campaign for freedom is just getting started. Therefore, I am happy to announce the official launch of the Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty."

freelance
06-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Well, look at it this way. He gives everyone total cover to plan for and attend the event in Minneapolis. We have a purpose there other than to make trouble. If he announced it the week before the convention, people would not have time to plan. If he didn't announce it all, there would be no cover. Cover is important these days, unless you relish being followed, spied upon and possibly tasered or worse.

VRP08
06-13-2008, 10:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ

Now do you? :D

Thanks for that, I didn't see that before!

Conza88
06-13-2008, 10:31 AM
Thanks for that, I didn't see that before!

No worries! :D Hot of the presses. :p

VRP08
06-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Gosh I miss this man! It is hard to accept he's not going to be President. I think the saddest thing is that nobody gave him a fair shot at becoming one. But I will always love and follow Ron Paul!