PDA

View Full Version : Help Choose RP's Vice President

BlindD
08-25-2007, 10:22 PM
http://polls.zoho.com/redstate/ron-paul-vp-derby

Check it out.
Also you can include it on your own blog.

risiusj
08-25-2007, 10:25 PM
It would have to be Nolan Ryan.

Then you get the informed vote with Ron Paul, and the mindless people that think it'd be cool to have the all time strikeout leader in the VP office.

Brilliant!

Sean
08-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I always hear that you can't pick a VP during the primaries. Is that just tradition or a rule or law? I think it would be great for Dr. Paul to pick a running mate early officially or unofficially. First this person can help him campaign. Also Dr. Paul is getting up in age, as such he should pick someone that is young enough to carry forward the revolution.

bbachtung
08-25-2007, 11:29 PM
It can't be Nolan Ryan because the VP and Presidential candidates can't reside in the same state.

micahnelson
08-25-2007, 11:33 PM
It would have to be Nolan Ryan.

Then you get the informed vote with Ron Paul, and the mindless people that think it'd be cool to have the all time strikeout leader in the VP office.

Brilliant!

Clinton/Mussina is going to be tough to be with strong beltway support and a fast inside changeup.

fj45lvr
08-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Which Congressman comes in second with a constitutional voting record??? sign him up.

Hook
08-26-2007, 12:21 AM
He should hire John Stossel as his press secretary, although John probably couldn't take the pay cut.

born2drv
08-26-2007, 12:21 AM
I voted Loud Dobbs ;) I think we could get him to come around to a strict interpretation of the constitution, enforcing the border, less government waste, etc.

Hook
08-26-2007, 12:23 AM
I voted Loud Dobbs ;) I think we could get him to come around to a strict interpretation of the constitution, enforcing the border, less government waste, etc.

Unlikely. He wants to put huge protective tariffs on imports. I have respect for Lou for his stance on NAU, etc. but I disagree with him on most of his other stances.

Magsec
08-26-2007, 12:25 AM
Needs Boortz.

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Needs Boortz.

AAAARRRGGGHHH Kill Maim Torch! Sorry .. I am from Atlanta..his home base.. he is a seriously fuming and blustering pig. I would quit the campaign immediately and raise so much bloody hell.

Best
Randy

fj45lvr
08-26-2007, 02:41 AM
don't know anything about him....but Tom Coburn, Senator from OK also has a 100% freedom index rating as to consitutional voting.

SeanEdwards
08-26-2007, 03:22 AM
I always hear that you can't pick a VP during the primaries. Is that just tradition or a rule or law? I think it would be great for Dr. Paul to pick a running mate early officially or unofficially. First this person can help him campaign. Also Dr. Paul is getting up in age, as such he should pick someone that is young enough to carry forward the revolution.

I think its just tradition. Didn't Bush tap Cheney as his VP early on?

P.S. Tancredo might be a good pick. Putting a guy in the #2 spot who wants to nuke various muslim holy sites could be a great life-insurance for the Dr. 8)

AlexAmore
08-26-2007, 03:57 AM
Sarah Palin would get Ron Paul some attention:
http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/new-imagebank/politics/alaska_palin.jpg:D

Anyways I like Jon Stossel for VP. He's smart and would get Ron Paul a lot of attention with his fame and his contacts. Michael Badnarik would be a good choice too.

mtmedlin
08-26-2007, 02:35 PM
RP has already said Mark Sanford. I think that is the way it will be.

max
08-26-2007, 03:41 PM
walter williams or thomas sowell....not because they are black, but because they understand economics, they are witting, and they are bold

Dlynne
08-26-2007, 05:38 PM
Colin Powell? He went on the record that he was given misleading information on Iraq before the war.

LastoftheMohicans
08-26-2007, 06:30 PM
walter williams or thomas sowell....not because they are black, but because they understand economics, they are witting, and they are bold

Both are neocons when it comes to foreign policy. Williams is more radical, and therefore better, than Sowell on economics.

My vote is for Jacob Hornberger, Founder and President of the Future of Freedom Foundation. (www.fff.org)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhu_A_Aum5Q

Matt Collins
08-26-2007, 09:12 PM
It can't be Nolan Ryan because the VP and Presidential candidates can't reside in the same state.Why do you say that?

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail
08-26-2007, 09:15 PM
John McCain once said he would consider Brett Favre as VP if he could choose a sports figure, so why not for Dr. Paul?

http://www.greenbayfans.com/db5/00488/greenbayfans.com/_uimages/favre50606.jpg

Hook
08-26-2007, 09:19 PM
John McCain once said he would consider Brett Favre as VP if he could choose a sports figure, so why not for Dr. Paul?

http://www.greenbayfans.com/db5/00488/greenbayfans.com/_uimages/favre50606.jpg

Then Madden would endorse the ticket. Maybe that would get some more people on board.:)

JosephTheLibertarian
08-27-2007, 02:26 AM
I think Doug Casey is the right VP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-ZxzYneOQ&NR=1

kickzman
08-27-2007, 02:40 AM
As a political tactical move, I'd go for Obama. He can learn well from Dr Paul.

austin356
08-27-2007, 02:46 AM
I think Doug Casey is the right VP. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC-ZxzYneOQ&NR=1

If Doug Casey is "his" running mate up to the convention, you can kiss any possibility of getting the nomination goodbye!

People lets get reasonable. The nomination will not be anyone more out of the Republican mainstream than a Badnarik (not saying he is the one). It will with most all likelyhood be a person such as a Mark Sanford (not saying he is the one).

His VP choice will most likely be used to pacify skeptical Conservatives, not real in already supportive libertarians or Constitutionalists, or used to "appease the left". Hell we dont want any type of coalition with those big government scumbags except on a issue by issue basis (Iraq war, etc)

I personally see him choosing a solid conservative who is seen as a solid conservative but has not tied himself down to specific stances on specific issues. Really anyone on the state level fits the bill in this regard.

Libertarians don't attack me for stating the "moderate" stance here; I am an anarcho-capitalist but I try to use a reasonable amount of judgement, combined with a little strategic compromise, when I am trying to take over a party.

AlexAmore
08-27-2007, 02:57 AM
If Doug Casey is "his" running mate up to the convention, you can kiss any possibility of getting the nomination goodbye!

People lets get reasonable. The nomination will not be anyone more out of the Republican mainstream than a Badnarik (not saying he is the one). It will with most all likelyhood be a person such as a Mark Sanford (not saying he is the one).

His VP choice will most likely be used to pacify skeptical Conservatives, not real in already supportive libertarians or Constitutionalists, or used to "appease the left". Hell we dont want any type of coalition with those big government scumbags except on a issue by issue basis (Iraq war, etc)

I personally see him choosing a solid conservative who is seen as a solid conservative but has not tied himself down to specific stances on specific issues. Really anyone on the state level fits the bill in this regard.

Libertarians don't attack me for stating the "moderate" stance here; I am an anarcho-capitalist but I try to use a reasonable amount of judgement, combined with a little strategic compromise, when I am trying to take over a party.

Very good points. I relinquish my previous post. Instead of libertarians we DEFINATELY need to get a good solid respected conservative/Republican as his VP.

Slugg
08-27-2007, 03:20 AM
Very good points. I relinquish my previous post. Instead of libertarians we DEFINATELY need to get a good solid respected conservative/Republican as his VP.

Yup, we an established Republican! I like Mark Sanford, Buchanan, Hagel or Newt. Basically, it would be to make him look more 'mainstream' To me, Sanford is the best mix of politics, message, and future (he's pretty young still).

JosephTheLibertarian
08-27-2007, 03:36 AM
How about a Democrat?

AlexAmore
08-27-2007, 03:50 AM
How about a Democrat?

The only time I think we could take on a Democrat would be if we got one in the race already like Mike Gravel. Then we will get both of his supporters. Otherwise I don't see many Dems converting to Ron Paul just because of his VP, Dems either see RP as the most trustworthy candidate or not. Trust is the biggest issue because otherwise RP is just another Republican who is extremely opposite in his views compared to theirs. If we could show how the Dems are CFR members and how Hitlary stole the senate election...ect, then maybe we would have a shot with their votes.

I think the best bet would be a respected conservative. We already have a good amount of young people in the campaign, now we need to get the most likely to vote on our side...old people!

bygone
08-27-2007, 08:32 AM
It'll never happen, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympia_Snowe

Seven months ahead of the election, she had already raised $2.1 million.[10] A grassroots campaign has emerged to convince Snowe to seek the Republican nomination for the Presidency in the 2008 Presidential election.

georgia_tech_swagger
08-27-2007, 08:37 AM
Governor Sanford!

bygone
08-27-2007, 08:43 AM
You could do a lot worse than Sanford.

I'd really like to see someone who doesn't agree with him so much, though. They do have thier differences... maybe you get what I'm saying here.

I notice Joe on that list. That would be interesting too.

jaybone
08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
Though I don't agree with many of his collectivist views, I think Dennis Kucinich is a very honorable man. He has collaborated in the H.O.R. (what a fitting acronym) with Dr. Paul many times.
Will it happen? no way, but if there is one way to make it clear that the Paul administration would be into dissolving political boundries, V.P. Kucinich would be it.

austin356
08-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Though I don't agree with many of his collectivist views, I think Dennis Kucinich is a very honorable man. He has collaborated in the H.O.R. (what a fitting acronym) with Dr. Paul many times.
Will it happen? no way, but if there is one way to make it clear that the Paul administration would be into dissolving political boundries, V.P. Kucinich would be it.

I think Dennis is a very honorable person. Wrong on many issues, but still someone I would vote for vs. a Ghouliani.

But, that being said, Ron Paul is not the one who nominates a VP; The people at the Republican Convention do; It will be a cold day in hell before they nominate Dennis, no matter how honest.

winston_blade
08-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Then Madden would endorse the ticket. Maybe that would get some more people on board.:)

Maybe that could somehow get Ron Paul on the cover of Madden 09.