PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Dropped Out!!!

crusader
06-13-2008, 06:44 AM
Pls stfu about him "not" dropping out. Its over, stop being another reason why people don't come to our site. Lets move to Phase 2 and kick some ass there, dont whine about how we are going to win the presidental election when it doesn't matter if we do or not, its the congress that matters. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

Bump if you agree.
Troll if you dont.

slacker921
06-13-2008, 06:44 AM
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

MRoCkEd
06-13-2008, 06:51 AM
He stayed in for all of the states to vote for him - and now that there are no more contests - he can free himself from the FEC laws to start a new, bigger campaign.

Bruehound
06-13-2008, 06:57 AM
He stayed in for all of the states to vote for him - and now that there are no more contests - he can free himself from the FEC laws to start a new, bigger campaign.

+2010

Conza88
06-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Pls stfu about him "not" dropping out. Its over, stop being another reason why people don't come to our site. Lets move to Phase 2 and kick some ass there, dont whine about how we are going to win the presidental election when it doesn't matter if we do or not, its the congress that matters. WAKE THE FUCK UP!!!

Bump if you agree.
Troll if you dont.

Phase 2 was fken months ago. Wake the fuck up. :rolleyes:

Brown Sapper
06-13-2008, 07:04 AM
I had the opportunity to watch him speak last nite and I feel confident that this will only be the beginning judging by the energy in the room. I will definately be in for life.

idiom
06-13-2008, 07:28 AM
I thought he still wanted to be a congress man? Now hes going to be a roadie forever? Like a prophet or something?

SnappleLlama
06-13-2008, 07:29 AM
I thought he still wanted to be a congress man? Now hes going to be a roadie forever? Like a prophet or something?

He's still going to be a congressman, don't worry. We have to have SOMEONE fighting for us in Congress! :)

idiom
06-13-2008, 07:30 AM
I know.

Everyones has this unconstitutional bias towards worshiping at the foot of the presidency.

Aratus
06-13-2008, 07:31 AM
why not announce a 2012 run in the immediate short term future, rather than WAITING!
if the FEC laws can allow an early run and a political opening so as to keep things going!

tonesforjonesbones
06-13-2008, 07:38 AM
If he runs again I'll be very surprised..BUT I do believe there will be someone in the making that will step up to the plate in 2012...that's something for all of us to look forward to and work toward! TONES

SnappleLlama
06-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Ron Paul was a reluctant candidate from the beginning, and Jon Stewart was right...no one expects integrity and intelligence from a politician. I hope he runs again, but that's my selfish wish :)

Join The Paul Side
06-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I love you, Ron, but that's fucked up, dude. Not the message I need to hear right now.

For the last year, I gave up my self indulged lifestyle of being blind and self absorbed in internet video games. Since I've heard about you, The Message, and the Revolution, this board and multiple daily Google News searches have been routine in my life, replacing Unreal Tournament (all versions). I'm going through a lot right now in my life that words can't begin to explain. And now I've got to deal with this news from you.

I had an episode in my life that caused me to break down just last night. Now I am in tears for the second time in one day. This is truly fucked up. I was pulling for you, dawg. I still am................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........................

Ok, I just spent the last half hour weeping. Not crying, but weeping. My 2 year old son saw me weeping and came to me and hugged me the whole time. I love my boy.

My first tears were for me. Because I stared in the face of impossiblity believing that someway, somehow, that you......WE.....The Revolution.......would overcome the odds and McFaggit at the RNC.........

My next phase of tears were for my boy, who held me when he saw me break down . Because I hate to think of the America that him and his generation are going to inherit.

My third phase of tears came when I thought of all the troops in Iraq and Afghanitsan, and their loved ones, who donated and held the belief as hard as I did in hopes you would be elected someway, somehow, and end this bullshit war on terror, war on drugs, and war against the poor & middleclass. Not only for the lives at stake, but America's ecomony as we can't afford to continue George W. Bush's illegal war.

My fourth set of tears were for a few friends of mine that are sitting in jail because police ossifers ( that's right, ossifers, not officers), state attorneys (or as I call them, Super Pigs), and judges (among others) forgotten that these things called Due Process, Rule of Law, and The United Sates Constitution (yeah, that old paper thingy) exists.

My fifth set of tears were just for the hell of it.

My question to you Dr. Paul is why now? Why just when Juan McFuck-Up is on the verge of blowing it for himself?

You said you would fight until the RNC. I demand you to keep your word. What is it you need? Let us know. Need another Mega Money Bomb? No problem. More supporters? No Problem. Your're the one who's suppose to be Quarterbacking this shit. Tell us what it is you need us to do. Just please don't leave. I know The Revolution is suppose to be bigger than you and that it is to continue with or without you. But we need our General to stay on the battlefield with us as long as possible!

Please Dr. Paul, Please reconsider!!!!!!!

:(

dannno
06-13-2008, 10:42 AM

Bump if you agree.
Troll if you dont.

I am not a troll, you are a troll and a severely misinformed one at that.

Ron Paul said himself, last night in fact, that he wants the current delegates to maximize their potential at the official GOP convention.

Dick.

kigol
06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
:)

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Does anyone have an exact quote from Ron saying he DROPPED out. I can't seem to find it.

Thankyou.

newyearsrevolution08
06-13-2008, 12:05 PM
his website for one

ronpaul2008.com the frontpage pretty much tells you.

ReneeSaffron
06-13-2008, 12:27 PM
Ron Paul did not SAY that he is dropping out. However, he DID say that he is ending his campaign. I'm not sure if that just means that he's not campaigning anymore or if he's actually "dropping out."

Quantumystic
06-13-2008, 12:35 PM
Paul's message at the 2008 site says he has decided to "end" his campaign. Coming days after the MSM (albeit limitedly) reported on Paul's alternative convention plans, this timing is whackie.

Paul's campaign site doesn't specifically address the alt convention, which disturbs me a bit. I believe that was a clear mistake because it can easily be interpreted as "so much for the convention".

At the very least, the announcement could've stated that he was setting aside his own campaign so that everyone could be focused going into the alt convention on the Revolution canidates who are still in the running for other races throughout the country in November, as well as laying the foundation for an army of Revolution candidates to run in 2010.

That would've presented a clearer coherent general concept that would play in the media. Making it clear the Revolution was actually ramping up, rather than winding down.

The media is going to make sure Paul's withdrawl gets all kinds of short-term press, emphasizing McCain as the nominee... with Paul and the Revolution as a doomed and failed "quirk". It's a huge loss of momentum in the public perception that we're going to have to fight for all over again just to get back to where we were.

UtahApocalypse
06-13-2008, 12:40 PM
the answers are all here:

www.campaignforliberty.org
www.ronpaul2008.com

It really can't be any clearer people

dannno
06-13-2008, 12:48 PM
the answers are all here:

www.campaignforliberty.org
www.ronpaul2008.com

It really can't be any clearer people

Yes, it is very clear that he has not "dropped out"

UtahApocalypse
06-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes, it is very clear that he has not "dropped out"

can you read??

Quote DIRECT from www.ronpaul2008.com (emphasis added)

"I have decided to end my campaign for the Presidency of the United States"

If you cannot read that you really are dense or just in pure denial. Now quit fighting the fact the campaign is over and get busy with phase 2

www.campaignforliberty.com

dannno
06-13-2008, 12:59 PM
can you read??

Quote DIRECT from www.ronpaul2008.com (emphasis added)

If you cannot read that you really are dense or just in pure denial. Now quit fighting the fact the campaign is over and get busy with phase 2

www.campaignforliberty.com

Ending Campaign != Dropping Out

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142809

Stop spreading lies.

UtahApocalypse
06-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Ending Campaign != Dropping Out

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142809

Stop spreading lies.

quit spreading disinformation and trying to divide the campaign

THE PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN IS OVER. FINISHED. DONE LEGALLY AND FACTUALLY.

Knightskye
06-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Is he still gonna have the rally during the Republican convention?

What about his 20-50 national delegates? What the hell, man?

SnappleLlama
06-13-2008, 01:08 PM
*rolling on sharp, metal objects out of frustration*

Carole
06-13-2008, 01:20 PM
It makes me sad to go to his website and not see the money meter and other stuff, like Daily Dose.

dannno
06-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Is he still gonna have the rally during the Republican convention?

What about his 20-50 national delegates? What the hell, man?

Yes and Yes. Ron Paul said that the delegates should maximize their influence at the convention.

Until I see some sort of proof or a quote that Ron Paul dropped out, all I know that he has done is "ended the campaign"

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 01:35 PM
OK, ending a campaign is not the same as dropping out...imho.

I have yet to read or hear anything along the lines of ''folks, i'm done. Thanks for your support and donations. Its been a good ride, but i'm going to concentrate on my duties to being a congressman for my constituents in Texas. Goodbye, and good luck. I love you all''

or 'something' like that.

To me that would mean he 'dropped' out, but i'm not hearing that.

Paulitician
06-13-2008, 01:46 PM
What does "dropping out" mean to you guys?

Ron Paul has ended his campaign for presidency. He's only going to run for Congress now.

dannno
06-13-2008, 02:04 PM
What does "dropping out" mean to you guys?

Ron Paul has ended his campaign for presidency. He's only going to run for Congress now.

What Dropping out Means to Me

To me, dropping out means declaring that you are no longer a candidate in the race.

Whereas ending the campaign means that you are ending the campaign for the race. A campaign is not necessary to win a race. You could potentially put your name on the ballot and not have a campaign of any sort. Maybe people vote for you because they like your name, who knows. The point is everybody keeps saying dropping out when that has never been mentioned.

MAGICKAL
06-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Since I've heard about you, The Message, and the Revolution, this board and multiple daily Google News searches have been routine in my life, replacing Unreal Tournament (all versions).replacing Unreal Tournament (all versions).

For those of you that don't know, this is the ultimate sacrifice as NOTHING calls one away from UT...yet Ron Paul did it easily. He had me at hello.

crusader
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
What Dropping out Means to Me

To me, dropping out means declaring that you are no longer a candidate in the race.

Whereas ending the campaign means that you are ending the campaign for the race. A campaign is not necessary to win a race. You could potentially put your name on the ballot and not have a campaign of any sort. Maybe people vote for you because they like your name, who knows. The point is everybody keeps saying dropping out when that has never been mentioned.

Hi Troll, you fail on the basis of semantics. Please go directly to phase II, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

When you accept that Ron Paul will not be president in 2008, you will begin to become an asset, until then, you are a liability to our campaign for liberty.

Stop and think about what you are doing. Your continued trolling offers no assistance.

crazyfingers
06-13-2008, 03:03 PM
For those of you that don't know, this is the ultimate sacrifice as NOTHING calls one away from UT...yet Ron Paul did it easily. He had me at hello.

That's still around?? I remember being all into it 10 years ago.

Maybe I'll start playing again.

MAGICKAL
06-13-2008, 03:09 PM
That's still around?? I remember being all into it 10 years ago.

Maybe I'll start playing again.

It sure is, I haven't played in a while either, but a buddy of mine keeps calling me to beg me to come kick his ass...

Why do people like to be punished?

Strange.

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Troll, you fail on the basis of semantics. Please go directly to phase II, do not pass GO, do not collect $200.

When you accept that Ron Paul will not be president in 2008, you will begin to become an asset, until then, you are a liability to our campaign for liberty.

Stop and think about what you are doing. Your continued trolling offers no assistance.

BS. Tell that to those who are National Delegates.

This is not black and white. One can still be running for President, and at the same time not campaign for it, and at the same time start a phase II based on the message of Liberty and taking advantage of millions of supporters and money. It's called multi-tasking. We are Ron Paul, and we are legion.

Thankyou.

MAGICKAL
06-13-2008, 03:59 PM

This is not black and white. One can still be running for President, and at the same time not campaign for it, and at the same time start a phase II based on the message of Liberty and taking advantage of millions of supporters and money. It's called multi-tasking. We are Ron Paul, and we are legion.

Thankyou.

So then the campaign is the only thing over?

Will he still be on the ballots?

kombayn
06-13-2008, 04:09 PM
I think he'll still be on the ballots, but I can't confirm it. Can anyone else?

NOTE: Now we have Scientology Video Channel ads at the bottom of the site. Someone needs to fire Google Ads because who the hell will click that garbage? [Click... KIDDING, KIDDING!]

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 04:10 PM
So then the campaign is the only thing over?

Will he still be on the ballots?

What if....

what if by some miracle that all of a sudden the people decide to wake up by the millions because they finally understood Ron's message, and wanted to vote for him? he still, technically is a candidate, and a write in is still possible. I believe in Washington State, the deadline for applying for write in status is at the end of August.

You guys need to step out of the box the media has placed you in.

kombayn
06-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Tell Dr. Paul that sir, because he has no intentions on being a Write-In candidate.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/

Getting re-elected to Congress and pushing forward the agenda that caught us (his supporters) by storm.

JK/SEA
06-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Tell Dr. Paul that sir, because he has no intentions on being a Write-In candidate.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/

Getting re-elected to Congress and pushing forward the agenda that caught us (his supporters) by storm.

OK, thanks, i hadn't heard he said he wasn't entertaining write-in status.

I vote absentee ballot here, and i'm hoping his name will be on it, because Barr or Lawson and the 'others' are not getting my vote.

dannno
06-13-2008, 04:39 PM

Please quote where I said I thought Ron Paul was going to win. Please. Seriously.

Did you think he was going to win 2 days ago? Really? Does it matter?

Ron Paul told the delegates to maximize their potential at the convention, I honestly don't know what you are thinking.

dannno
06-13-2008, 04:40 PM

Thankyou.

:)

Nathan Hale
06-13-2008, 06:29 PM
I'm glad that Paul is finally moving this Revolution beyond his presidential campaign. His announcement and focus shift was smart strategy and it makes his rally during the GOP convention more meaningful and relevant. I'm excited that he's setting priorities so we don't all run off like cats and basically do whatever we want. He wants us to focus on the Congressional campaigns of his endorsed candidates, which I wholeheartedly support.

I only wish he'd get Gary Johnson on board for a Presidential run in 2012.