PDA

View Full Version : Go to Ireland

rpfan2008
06-13-2008, 05:53 AM
Guys go to Ireland news and see things are getting better today. Irish are saying NO to EU's Lisbon treaty the /NWO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7452171.stm

> I know today I am spamming this forum with content belonging to other forums, but today is a special day, I hope you can understand. And there are too few people at this hour to ahem hm mind<

edit: IT's a NO!!!

rpfan2008
06-13-2008, 05:56 AM
Google Ireland news (http://news.google.com/news?ned=en_ie&btn=Go)

Conza88
06-13-2008, 06:00 AM
I'm holding my tongue.. COME ON IRELAND!

Knut Schreiber
06-13-2008, 06:04 AM
I thank everybody in Ireland who voted no. I wonder how they will go around this result this time. After France and the Netherlands rejected the original European Constitution they just renamed it and decided not to ask them again. It's pathetic. Europe doesn't want a EUSSR.

eok321
06-13-2008, 06:18 AM
Its a definite No

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0613/eulisbon.html

t seems certain that Irish voters have rejected the Lisbon Treaty.

Although official results are only starting to come in, tallies of votes have shown a very strong No vote right across the country.
Advertisement

Waterford was the first constituency to declare an official result - and it was unequivocal, rejecting Lisbon by 54-46, while Sligo-North Letrim voted no by 57-43. Tipperary South also voted No, by 53-46.

In Waterford and Sligo-North Leitrim, the No vote was higher than was recorded in the first Nice Referendum, and if as seems likely it is followed in other parts of the country, the Lisbon Treaty looks certain to be defeated.

Tallies from other constituencies show the strength of the No vote across the country, with just a handful of constituencies looking like they will vote yes.

The margin of victory for the No side may be a bit tighter than was suggested in the initial tallies - but there seems little doubt that it is a victory.

The final official result is expected to be announced late this afternoon.

Strong No vote seen in tallies

Tallies of votes have indicated there has been a strong No vote - although the Yes side appeared to have made up some ground.

The nationwide trend had indicated a very strong showing by opponents of the Lisbon Treaty - but as the morning went on and tallies became more complete, the Yes side has regained some ground.

Complete tallies are available from around half the constituencies - although they come with a strong warning that some of them may not be all that accurate.

Judging by those tallies, middle class constituencies like Dublin South, Dublin South East and Dún Laoghaire seem likely to have a 60-40 vote in favour of Lisbon.

However the No vote was said to be ahead in Dublin North West, Dublin Central, Cork North Central and South Central, both Kerry constituencies, both Tipperary constituencies, and Galway West.

Early tallies had pointed to a very strong showing by the No vote.

The No vote was strong in many rural areas and in working class districts of cities, while middle class areas appeared to be less supportive of the treaty than had been anticipated.

In urban areas, middle class areas by and large appeared to have voted in favour of the treaty - but not by the normal large margin, and not by enough to counteract the large No in working class areas.

In Mayo, Fine Gael leader Enda Kenny has forecast his home constituency will vote against the treaty.

Turnout is estimated to have been in the mid-40s percentage range. After years of negotiation and months of debate, the fate of the Lisbon Treaty will be known within hours.

Each constituency counts its own votes separately, and then sends the result to the Referendum Returning Officer in Dublin Castle, who will announce the overall result.

Turnout is thought to have been higher than in the first Nice Referendum, which was defeated, but lower than in the second, which was passed.

However, with recent opinion polls suggesting that supporters of the treaty were more likely to vote, a lower turnout is not necessarily good news for the No side.

szczebrzeszyn
06-13-2008, 07:19 AM
They will try again... But this time, there will be NO referendum. People in Europe do not want this "EU consititution" whatever its name is.
I've already heard from our Minstry of Defence, that they should re-run the referendum in the nearest future :) (my comment: until the vote is "right")

Conza88
06-13-2008, 07:24 AM
http://ukpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gPHV1GQqXyAB3JJ3Sn2NczRhF1JA

THERE IT IS!!!!!

m72mc
06-13-2008, 07:40 AM
wohoo http://www.ireland.com/focus/thelisbontreaty/interactive/

Ireland go...

szczebrzeszyn
06-13-2008, 07:42 AM
Here's the funny part from that article:
"If we're left as the only country that has not ratified the treaty, it will obviously raise questions. We're in uncharted waters," he said.

Well, that's a bit apple to oranges - other countries' citizens had NO VOTE on this issue, because the vote has been grabbed by parliments! Otherwise, we would see a clear NO vote, just like with the first draft of this document.

Conza88
06-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Here's the funny part from that article:
"If we're left as the only country that has not ratified the treaty, it will obviously raise questions. We're in uncharted waters," he said.

Well, that's a bit apple to oranges - other countries' citizens had NO VOTE on this issue, because the vote has been grabbed by parliments! Otherwise, we would see a clear NO vote, just like with the first draft of this document.

Rofl. Well said. :D BURN IN HELL nwo scum.

Zolah
06-13-2008, 08:03 AM
Thank you to any Irish people who voted no on this, or to any Irish people who can celebrate this great day and anyone with Irish relatives who can be proud their country stopped the NWO in its tracks today. Time to get ready for the next "constitution" now.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
06-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Thank you Ireland. I know that anyone from Ireland reads this they will be part of the big group that voted against this. I knew people from Ireland maybe ten years ago. We talked a bit about England and such. It is not a surprise at all to me that they are the ones to actually demand a vote (since its in their constitution) and then to vote no.

Awesome News!

Maybe I have to go to Ireland to spend some vacation money. That is if I can afford it after a few roadtrips I have planned this summer.

Mattsa
06-13-2008, 08:11 AM
But I HEREBY WARN the irish people to expect the full wrath of the EU and the International Bankers.

They will decimate the Irish economy in retribution.

sratiug
06-13-2008, 08:46 AM
Today is a good day to point out that I am part Irish!

sean43
06-13-2008, 08:53 AM
What a relief they rejected it. Here in the UK they denied us a vote. Be warned America, the UK signed up to a trade agreement in the 1970s not a political union.

Now we have a United States of Europe with a flag an anthem with full legislative power, British sovereignty is pitiful.

szczebrzeszyn
06-13-2008, 09:10 AM
What a relief they rejected it. Here in the UK they denied us a vote.

Like every other member except Ireland ;) I need to find out why Ireland did a referendum - is it because some domestic laws that require it?
Anyway, I see some strange opinions about that vote, like "Irish NO vote does not mean it's over" etc. I guess we have to wait for round 3. I wonder how will they name the EU constitution next time they try to get it ratified...

ronpaulblogsdotcom
06-13-2008, 09:16 AM
Like every other member except Ireland ;) I need to find out why Ireland did a referendum - is it because some domestic laws that require it?
Anyway, I see some strange opinions about that vote, like "Irish NO vote does not mean it's over" etc. I guess we have to wait for round 3. I wonder how will they name the EU constitution next time they try to get it ratified...

Yes from what I read earlier today anything that might change Irish law in a significant way must go to the people for a vote. What an amazing idea. People deciding their own destiny.

rpfan2008
06-13-2008, 09:19 AM

Yupp Irish constitution says any amendment needs a referendum passed by majority.

It's the constitution, stupid.;)

Conza88
06-13-2008, 09:36 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Ireland_Rejects_Lisbon_Treaty

szczebrzeszyn
06-13-2008, 09:38 AM
OK, that's a good one. +1 Irish constitution :)
So, first they called it the EU constitution and it failed miserably in referendum. Then they called it the Lisbon Treaty and pretended it's a totally different document (NOT A CONSTITUTION) and got it ratified without referendum, except Ireland, which was obliged to ask the people regardless. So, now they need to shape it the way it will pass Ireland "constitution checkpoint". I bet it's in the works...

jd603
06-13-2008, 10:22 AM
GOOD JOB IRELAND!

You know they will be under constant pressure now, but they should expect a lot of freedom loving members in the EU to move there too. :)

libertarian4321
06-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Ireland actually pays attention to its Constitution?

Novel concept. We should try it here...

gang
06-14-2008, 03:56 AM
Thank you, Ireland! :)

nobody's_hero
06-14-2008, 05:54 AM
Three cheers for national sovereignty.

Hip Hip . . .

LibertyEagle
06-14-2008, 06:18 AM
WOOT, for Ireland! :)

Conza88
06-14-2008, 06:28 AM
Three cheers for national sovereignty.

Hip Hip . . .
Hooray! :D

m72mc
06-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Great day,..just remember they will try to move forward anyway as usual...

they have no scruples whatsoever..