PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a FOX News Anchor

Razmear
08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm considering becoming a FOX News Anchor and am wondering if anyone else might be interested as well.
Now by being an Anchor I'm referring to anchoring myself to a FOX News van while wearing a Ron Paul shirt, holding a campaign sign, and then rationally explaining that the reason is because of FOX's news blackout on Ron Paul and this is the only way to get his name mentioned on FOX.
One 'Anchor' probably wouldn't be noticed, but if 30 or 40 FOX News Anchors appeared on a single day, all rational sane folks (or at least pretending to be while the cameras are rolling), it might make the point about the MSM ignoring Ron Paul.
There would of course need to be an assistant video taping the action, and when the cops show up I'd recommend unlocking yourself at that point.
Assuming no damage is done, and you don't disobey the orders of the police when they arrive, I don't think were looking at any major law breaking here, but not being a lawyer I could be very wrong.

Opinions?

eb

constituent
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
i'm w/ you. media response teams at every major political event are something this grassroots campaign desperately needs (imho). every event have people w/ wireless access get on here and coordinate and monitor who is filming where and when so that everyone can crowd the shot....

excellent idea razmear!

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Now by being an Anchor I'm referring to anchoring myself to a FOX News van

..I LOL'd.

Sounds like a good idea though, provided that the cops don't end up beating you down.

lucius
08-25-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm considering becoming a FOX News Anchor and am wondering if anyone else might be interested as well.
Now by being an Anchor I'm referring to anchoring myself to a FOX News van while wearing a Ron Paul shirt, holding a campaign sign, and then rationally explaining that the reason is because of FOX's news blackout on Ron Paul and this is the only way to get his name mentioned on FOX.
One 'Anchor' probably wouldn't be noticed, but if 30 or 40 FOX News Anchors appeared on a single day, all rational sane folks (or at least pretending to be while the cameras are rolling), it might make the point about the MSM ignoring Ron Paul.
There would of course need to be an assistant video taping the action, and when the cops show up I'd recommend unlocking yourself at that point.
Assuming no damage is done, and you don't disobey the orders of the police when they arrive, I don't think were looking at any major law breaking here, but not being a lawyer I could be very wrong.

Opinions?

eb

OK, don't be alone, have someone vid/watch your back. Use quick release fake handcuffs, and just in case, have legal representation lined-up for bail.

sleeper
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
I would probly water cannon your asses. LOL That would be a good time to wash the news van I would think. LMAO

Wyurm
08-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Now by being an Anchor I'm referring to anchoring myself to a FOX News van while wearing a Ron Paul shirt

Lol, when I read your title I thought you must have lost it since you would never be allowed to report what was actually happening as a Fox news anchor. Then I read that line and couldnt stop laughing. Very good idea though.

born2drv
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
Now by being an Anchor I'm referring to anchoring myself to a FOX News van

..I LOL'd.

Sounds like a good idea though, provided that the cops don't end up beating you down.

I was thinking this as well! I can just seem they trying to shake you off in traffic lights etc, I wouldn't want you to run any red lights or risk getting any tickets or being involved in an accident.

Hamburglar
08-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Execution of this is EVERYTHING. This could be positive or negative depending on your demeanor. As long as everyone can calmly and rationally explain then it should go over well.