PDA

View Full Version : Couple of updates from Texas State Convention

xRedfoxx
06-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Just my perspective for those that want to know:

Of all the delegates in the general assembly, looks like we had apx. 10% consistently of the vote. The votes were confusing though so I think we have more presence.......

In the SD-14 caucus (Travis County)...we put up several candidates, all losing by about a 2-1 margin. So we have apx. 33% of the vote there.

Dr. Paul gave a great speech. He did not "say" he was dropping out. But it was implied. However, he by no means is leaving us high and dry. He hopes to have more delegates at "his convention" in Minneapolis that the National GOP convention. What he meant by that is all Americans should be delegates if they choose to participate and that anyone and everyone is invited. And he also announced his new organization that he can now participate in when the election rules don't limit his participation as an official candidate. He WILL be VERY active in helping get out the message, supporting local candidates, and prepping us for the next round in four years.

I am personally aware of at least a couple of folks that are now Paul Republicans after hearing from several Ron Paul folks. It is obvious many folks still get their info from the main media, and yes, even in Dr. Paul's home state, they know very little of him. Something we the grassroots can continue to help with.

All for now.