PDA

View Full Version : Went to the bookstore today...

jasonjasonjason1
06-12-2008, 10:41 PM
aa

Joseph Hart
06-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Or they are told to say that. lol

Truth Warrior
06-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Borders today for another copy. 6 copies hidden back by the info desk very dinky "little" display stack. List price, no 30% off. Never in new releases. Never in bestsellers. Never on the main tables just inside the door. Never in non-fiction. Complained to the manager. Got a snotty bullshit response from her. I told them that Borders has obviously chosen to hype the left, liberals and the Dems, with numerous obvious examples. She denied it. I said Amazon would now be getting even MORE of my business. :p

Pathetic!

NightOwl
06-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Borders today for another copy. 6 copies hidden back by the info desk very dinky "little" display stack. List price, no 30% off. Never in new releases. Never in bestsellers. Never on the main tables just inside the door. Never in non-fiction. Complained to the manager. Got a snotty bullshit response from her. I told them that Borders has obviously chosen to hype the left, liberals and the Dems, with numerous obvious examples. She denied it. I said Amazon would now be getting even MORE of my business. :p

Pathetic!

Can you please tell me which Borders this was?

dannno
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
Can you please tell me which Borders this was?

Are you going to go apologize for his rude behavior? :p;)

j/k tw

Jeremy
06-13-2008, 06:12 PM
The Borders near me had about 4 left when I went... not out in the open like Obama's book, but I hear the publishing companies have to pay to get them in the open like that. Ron Paul doesn't need to pay people to read his book. :D

ARealConservative
06-13-2008, 06:21 PM

j/k tw

or confirm it as bs :D

newyearsrevolution08
06-13-2008, 06:41 PM
We are going to be opening up little book selling tables locally like the girlscouts, except no cookies from us. There are too many places to find people who will buy this book besides big business book stores like borders and so on.

Go setup a booth at your local swap meet or infront of any store that will allow you or not kick you off the property.

Educate others and use any profit to get your butts to st paul.

Kevin_Kennedy
06-13-2008, 06:53 PM
The Borders I go to had "The Revolution" and Jesse Ventura's book featured on a table for about a week and a half when they first came out.

Kludge
06-13-2008, 06:56 PM

j/k tw

Ha!

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I got my copy a few days before the official release date. I wasn't even aware what date the book was coming out, and I was just perusing through Barnes & Noble one day, and was like, "Huh? Ron Paul came out with his book already?"

B&N is pretty good to Ron. They had an entire shelf full of Ron Paul books, including about a dozen Revolution's sitting cover-out in the Current Events section (they had a bunch of FPOF's and several copies of this book of Ron Paul quotes that I'd never seen before).

skyorbit
06-13-2008, 11:08 PM
The Borders I go to had "The Revolution" and Jesse Ventura's book featured on a table for about a week and a half when they first came out.

My borders had three copies on the New Release Section last week.

But they use their own internal sales figures to figure bestsellers. They don't use the NYT.

The only way to gets Borders to put the book out front is to buy as many from them as possible.

Tracy

Thomas_Paine
06-13-2008, 11:49 PM

Pathetic!

A similar thing happened to me at a Barnes and Noble in Bakersfield California. The store didn't have ANY TRACE of Ron Paul in any shape manner or form. I wanted to yell so bad, "DIDN'T YOU GET THE MEMO!.....YOU KNOW THE NYTIMES BESTSELLER'S LIST!". I kept my coll with the pathetic employee I dealt with, no use confusing his very simple mind (he couldn't understand why I would expect the book to be in stock). I absolutely believe that there has been a calculated move on the part of the corporate higher ups in the manner in which Dr. Paul's book has been hidden or simply NOT available in any shape manner or form. I am amazed that he actually got on the Bestsellers list with all the resistance the corporate book world has given. It definitely shows that America is THIRSTY for the truth, WILLING to take a second look at that CRAZY Ron Paul guy who ALWAYS makes sense

Jamsie 567
06-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I bought my copy at LAX airport of all places WOOT!!

sajorojas
06-14-2008, 04:42 AM
I work in my local library, and every day I make sure that Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura's books are prominently displayed at all times.

I also keep the movie "Freedom to Fascism" on the display rack when it's available.
I guess it's my own little picket sign.

nobody's_hero
06-14-2008, 05:29 AM
Just to let you know, Books-a-million has the Revolution shelved in the "Biography" section. I spent roughly an hour looking for it in the "political science" section before asking the clerk to look it up for me.

Why they chose "biography" and not "political science" sections, I do not know. I also noticed that the store nearest me doesn't have it on the "bestseller" shelf (they need to get with the program).

Plus, I could have gotten it a lot cheaper online, but I figured the people trying to smear Ron's campaign would say that we're just "the internet." Now, I wish I had bought two online for about the same price, and sent one to someone who has never heard of him.

Truth Warrior
06-14-2008, 05:44 AM
Tell me again folks that there's NO TPTB NWO CONSPIRACY agenda at work, in my country! Now pull the other one too. :rolleyes:

Conza88
06-14-2008, 06:03 AM
I work in my local library, and every day I make sure that Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura's books are prominently displayed at all times.

I also keep the movie "Freedom to Fascism" on the display rack when it's available.
I guess it's my own little picket sign.

You sir, are a champion. :D