PDA

View Full Version : I'm still confused - ending his campaign or dropping out of the race.

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm still confused - ending his campaign or dropping out of the race. Romney suspended his campaign but is still in the race - is Paul?

Can the delegates still vote for him? - would it count if he's dropped out of the race?

-n

Akus
06-12-2008, 10:12 PM
He is done.
Just accept it.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 10:13 PM
what this is is an expansion

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

FrankRep
06-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Phase 2 in the battle for Liberty
It's only the beginning.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

Rangeley
06-12-2008, 10:14 PM
They can still vote for him in state conventions, and national conventions. But he has ended his campaign.

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 10:14 PM
There are a few things this really effects - like the DVD for Delegates project, the book bomb and all the delegates that are going to spend a ton of money going to represent him. "Just accept it" does not cut it.

This effects a lot of people.

-n

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
They can still vote for him in state conventions, and national conventions. But he has ended his campaign.

Are you sure? - he's still a candidate, but not campaigning. That is the question.

-n

Joseph Hart
06-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I believe he is still in the race but out of the Republican Nomination race.

Paul Revered
06-12-2008, 10:16 PM
I missed the speech. Would someone outline the topics?

Rangeley
06-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you sure? - he's still a candidate, but not campaigning. That is the question.

-n
Thats really just semantics. What matters is this: at state conventions, you dont vote for candidates. You vote for delegates. A "Ron Paul slate" would still exist, you try and elect that through. When they are at the national convention, they can vote for whoever they want if they are released (may or may not be) and vote for Paul, and if they arent released, they would vote for Paul. Either way they can vote for him.

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Thats really just semantics. What matters is this: at state conventions, you dont vote for candidates. You vote for delegates. A "Ron Paul slate" would still exist, you try and elect that through. When they are at the national convention, they can vote for whoever they want if they are released (may or may not be) and vote for Paul, and if they arent released, they would vote for Paul. Either way they can vote for him.

You mean they can vote for ANYONE? - even if they are not running or officially dropped out?

OMG! - Micky Mouse could be the next president!

-n

Carole
06-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Probably suspending in order to keep his few delegates. But now able to channel the funds to other pro-Constitution candidates.

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Probably suspending in order to keep his few delegates. But now able to channel the funds to other pro-Constitution candidates.

That is what I was hoping for, but it's not clear at all.

-n