PDA

View Full Version : RP beach balls

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:15 PM
As discussed in another thread, I'm having beach balls printed up for a Jimmy Buffet concert. I want opinions of this design.

It's for a huge 36" ball. These balls are SURE to get bounced around both before the concert and during so that over 20,000 people will see get a chance to see them. I'm probably going to have 50 of the big ones, maybe 100.

(I'm also ordering 16" balls, but I'll probably just be using the RP Prez logo and URL on those.)

Anyways.. please vote. Run with this design, or make changes? (Keep in mind these are for a Jimmy Buffet concert, which is why the War on Drugs comment is on there. The smaller balls won't have that, so they can be used for other events as well.)

If you think changes should be made, please offer suggestions.

http://www.v0dka.com/ronpaul/bbrplogo.jpg

gtjwkq
08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Ha, beach balls! That's an awesome idea!

Hamburglar
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
What are the allowable dimensions for the design?

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:23 PM
What are the allowable dimensions for the design?

8x12 for the 36" ball

can print in 2 locations, same design on both locations.

Hamburglar
08-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Does the design need to be black + white or is color okay?

JoshLowry
08-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Cool! Where are you getting them printed?

constituent
08-25-2007, 09:29 PM
awesome! but color if possible.

jjschless
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Less would be better. People will likely not get a chance to read all that much.

Something like:

Ron Paul for President 2008, Google Ron Paul. (really big and bold, a name and an action)

Something a person could read in a quick flash before the ball gets smacked away again.

You can put the fine print on it too for those that have a chance to get a hold of one.

Buzz
08-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Less would be better. People will likely not get a chance to read all that much.

Something like:

Ron Paul for President 2008, Google Ron Paul. (really big and bold, a name and an action)

Something a person could read in a quick flash before the ball gets smacked away again.

You can put the fine print on it too for those that have a chance to get a hold of one.

I agree. I'd have both sides have the big Ron Paul prez logo instead of smaller text on one side. If possible, make the "Ron Paul" dark blue and the rest of the text dark red (or vice versa) for a more patriotic look.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Does the design need to be black + white or is color okay?

it'll be blue/white.

adding a second color adds $2.50/ball to the price.

Buzz
08-25-2007, 09:43 PM
it'll be blue/white.

adding a second color adds $2.50/ball to the price.

In that case, keep that color scheme. :)

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:45 PM
Cool! Where are you getting them printed?
Rockstarpromos.com ..I've been using them for years for most of my business and personal printing. We get better prices than are listed on their site though.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I agree. I'd have both sides have the big Ron Paul prez logo instead of smaller text on one side. If possible, make the "Ron Paul" dark blue and the rest of the text dark red (or vice versa) for a more patriotic look.
I could get a red and white ball, then do dark blue printing.. I kind of think a blue and white ball with the blue text would look better though.

Ideally, I would have done 2 colored printing.. but the price kills it.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.v0dka.com/ronpaul/bbrplogohorizontal.jpg

Maybe cut out the small print and do it horizontally instead, so that the logo takes up the entire 8x12 space.

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Experiment filling them with a mix of helium and air so the beach balls will have a semi effect of hovering then slowly coming down. Should be a attention getter over just regular bouncing balls.