PDA

View Full Version : Campaign For Liberty Money Bomb!

libertad16
06-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Guys,

Ron Paul's new Campaign for Liberty (www.campaignforliberty.com) is what we've been waiting for, the future of the REVOLUTION.

The question is when is the money bomb. I think there is no better day than JULY 4, 2008. Celebrate our independence and freedom by helping an organization that is going to help RON PAUL REPUBLICANS get elected!!!

What do you think?

jacksit
06-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Amen. I was thinking the same thing.

ihsv
06-12-2008, 09:54 PM
I just signed up and donated $25... doesn't seem like much, but it's all I can afford (till I get my stimulus check :)

durden0
06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Too tempting not to.

tekkierich
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Lets BOMB it! Ron Paul Republican in Maryland CD-2 leading the charge!

Hi Richard,

Thank you for supporting the Campaign for Liberty.

Please be patient as we plan for the future. The Campaign for Liberty will officially launch on September 2nd at Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis, MN. We hope to see you there.

Here is your receipt, please keep it for your records:
First Name: Richard
Name: Richard P Matthews
Address: XXXX CHESAPEAKE DRIVE | Orchard Beach, MD 21226
Amount: 100.00
Credit Card Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Transaction Date: 2008-06-12 16:06:10

NEPA_Revolution
06-12-2008, 10:51 PM
BUMP!!!! BUMP!!! We need to set a money bomb date and goal. Date, TBA, goal enough to get a counter and make it go all the way to the top so they have to keep resetting the goal.

ARealConservative
06-12-2008, 10:54 PM
sounds like a winner

Melissa
06-12-2008, 11:03 PM
I love the thought of giving on July 4th

CzargwaR
06-12-2008, 11:21 PM
donated 100 because i feel like it now.

newyearsrevolution08
06-12-2008, 11:22 PM
July 4th is my birthday so it would be a perfect day.,

Andrew-Austin
06-12-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll donate some money on the 4th, even though I'm feeling poor as f**k right now.

Tarzan
06-13-2008, 12:04 AM
Since the presidential campaign has ended... and since they still have nearly $5 million in the bank... and since that money can now go to the "Campaign for Liberty" (yes it can, go check)... I think any money bombs should be put off until later.

If the same "leadership" who ran the campaign is going to be running this effort it does not bode well for succcess. Perhaps we should see just what they can accomplish with the nearly $5 Million they are still sitting on... rather than rushing in to chase bad money with good.

I have really high hope for this "Campaign for Liberty"... but I have some real misgivings based on the abilities of the folks running the show. I think they need to show us some positive results before we go rushing in.

bluto20
06-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Where's Eric Nordstrom at to get this moneybomb-party started......quickly.

berrybunches
06-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Just heard the sad news. Did not expect this until after the convention but your enthusiasm on this forum is chering me up!

July 4 money bomb is too good of an idea to pass up!
Lets ride the wave of Paul's sad news with this while everyone is still paying attention! Get on it youtube video people! Lets get some graphics for our myspace pages/websites too! If I knew how I would be working on it now.

I know they have money in the bank but this kind of thing could really get the fair weather supporter motivated again and even get us in the news :)

WRellim
06-13-2008, 01:43 AM
Since the presidential campaign has ended... and since they still have nearly $5 million in the bank... and since that money can now go to the "Campaign for Liberty" (yes it can, go check)... I think any money bombs should be put off until later.

If the same "leadership" who ran the campaign is going to be running this effort it does not bode well for succcess. Perhaps we should see just what they can accomplish with the nearly $5 Million they are still sitting on... rather than rushing in to chase bad money with good.

I have really high hope for this "Campaign for Liberty"... but I have some real misgivings based on the abilities of the folks running the show. I think they need to show us some positive results before we go rushing in.

Well, even if not results, how about some idea for plans beyond the "vague but all encompassing" grab bag of things on the "mission" page.

Or even a concept of who (besides Jeff Frazee) will be on staff or on the oversight board.

It seems rather pointless to pull and pool all of the money from around the country into an rather vague organization that no one has a clue how, where, or even *IF* the money will ever "return" from. It's centralization w/o representation again folks... just like the official campaign. (And based on the history of those most likely to be in charge of this new org, the chances of ANY money returning down to support a candidate in your state -- which is who each of YOU should be most concerned about -- are virtually zero.)

As for the whole "Education" side -- how many of you have ever heard of F.R.E.E. or N.E.F.L.? You almost certainly haven't heard much, but you certainly SHOULD have... and before you donate any major money to the new C.F.L. you really owe it to yourself to check out both of those existing organizations. (http://www.free-nefl.com/ and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_for_Rational_Economics_and_Education)

Seriously, no one even knows what form this new organization LEGALLY has... whether it is a PAC, a 527, a 501(c)(4) or something else entirely.

Note: It is not that I don't trust RP, but rather that he takes a very "hands-OFF" approach to the management of these things (more like an absentee landlord than an active participant) -- and at present, we have NO IDEA who or what the org will really be...

And at the same time, there ARE people running in local races you all ought to be getting behind and supporting with your money instead of this organization (which has at least $4 million more than it needs).

mello
06-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I think it should be September 2nd, the goal date for 1 million people. Plus if that million
donated $100 each, that would be one hell of a message to the country that we
recognize the problems & we want a real change to help fix them.

mport1
06-13-2008, 12:00 PM
Guys,

Ron Paul's new Campaign for Liberty (www.campaignforliberty.com) is what we've been waiting for, the future of the REVOLUTION.

The question is when is the money bomb. I think there is no better day than JULY 4, 2008. Celebrate our independence and freedom by helping an organization that is going to help RON PAUL REPUBLICANS get elected!!!

What do you think?

Great idea!