PDA

View Full Version : Idea : Realtors and Mortgage Brokers

born2drv
08-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I was just thinking, wouldn't it be perfect to come up with a flyer regarding Ron Paul to distribute on the cars in realtor offices, etc?

You can pitch it like this:

-------------------------------------------------
Help our Economy - Stop The Huge Depreciation in Home Prices - Prevent Foreclosures and a Recession.

Imagine No IRS, a 20% + Increase in ALL American's wages! We can make it happen, all we need to do is follow a strict interpretation of the Constitution and we can reduce spending levels to pre-2000 and allow for the IRS to be abolished and let people take home their ENTIRE PAYCHECK instead of paying income taxes. Eliminate Income Tax and Replace it with NOTHING.

We can do it, and we can avert a catastrophic loss in jobs, homes and equity. Please Elect Ron Paul
-------------------------------------------------

Someone want to make this flyer? You can probably word it better then I can. Go and look up your local Century 21 office, or ReMax or whatever, and find their head office, and go and put it on every single windshield!!!

We need to do some smart and targeted fliers to people in various industries.

lucius
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
That is a good idea!

Another thing that I do is put Dr. Paul signs in yards that have been on the market forever--those signs generally have staying power.

billm317
08-25-2007, 09:05 PM
for any fliers created, i think it's a good idea to include a URL to his website

also, it might be a good idea to mention something like this...
"To see Dr. Paul in action, please tune into FOXNews on September 5th at 8pm for a Republican Presidential Debate."

maybe the wording isn't perfect, i dunno
but most people aren't going to get behind someone without hearing them speak and unfortunately, most people are too lazy to research on their own, so telling them when to see him is about as good as we can do for those people

plus, i expect us to have a good showing in NH on that day, so it'll be a great night to watch him

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Also link into the Fed-created housing bubble and subsequent burst.

jj111
08-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Good luck with this project. Somehow I think real estate as a field is involved in a lot of corrupt deals with government on all levels. I think they are one of the biggest special interest groups funding the opposition. Maybe I am overgeneralizing though.... I would love to be proved wrong. Please let us know how real estate people respond to the Ron Paul message.

bomybomy
08-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm a mortgage broker. I love Ron Paul's ideas. I hope he wins. I do think it will be good for the business, although if he's allowed to he'd probably do away with FHA loans. But, FHA loans are way to easy for people to get....easier than subprime. The Gov't shouldn't be insuring those...BB

surf
08-25-2007, 10:56 PM
i have a friend that's an appraiser, and i know it's getting tougher for him to match loan amount with appraised value, if you know what i mean (new paint and gutters can add an incredible amount of value to the appraisers eyes...). i'd love to give him one of these. He's a D.

The Fed created, extended, and then extended this housing bubble again. i honestly have a difficult time blaming lenders = the secondary market for subprime loans existed because of the cheap cash injected into the market that was looking for a home at a yield higher than T-bills. but lenders are still to blame somewhat (for less than full - honest - though government mandated -disclosure primarily).

And the agencies (FNMA, FHLMC) are to blame as well for pimping homeowership and reducing underwriting standards while nearly doubling the maximum dollar amount of the loans it would purchase.

my .02. hope i didn't kill this thread.