PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul Voters, Libertarians Choose McCain?

LEK
06-12-2008, 05:34 PM
To ask this question means one does not understand the whole reason for the revolution...and to think Luskin would advise RP people to vote for McCain so as to snub Obama. Like Ron Paul said recently - there is no difference between the two. The idea is to go against the staus quo - that will bring real change.

Should Ron Paul Voters, Libertarians Choose McCain?
June 11, 2008 12:51 PM ET | James Pethokoukis | Permanent Link

John McCain's campaign knows it can't afford to have many disgruntled Ron Paul supporters either sit home or instead vote for Libertarian candidate Bob Barr. Those voters could be the difference in tight western states such as Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada. Right-wing radio-talk-show host Glenn Beck, for example, has said he just can't bring himself to pull the lever for McCain. Libertarians have a host of problems with McCain. Some are against the Iraq war. Others view his climate change policy as the biggest government power grab since the New Deal. With all that in mind, I asked investment strategist (and friend of this blog) Donald Luskin, a Ron Paul guy who is now advising Team McCain, why libertarians should vote for McCain. Here is what he E-mailed me:

It's a question of game theory, and whether you consider yourself a passive player or an active player in the game. As a passive player, that is, a mere voter, it probably doesn't matter what you do. Unless there is a perfect tie without you, your vote is irrelevant. If you are a passive player who wants to make a "statement," then you should cast your symbolic vote for Barr or Paul (unless the statement you want to make is that you think that Obama is so bad, you will vote for an imperfectly libertarian McCain, in which case McCain's very imperfections add power to your symbolic snub of Obama).

As an active player, that is, someone who hopes to influence what the candidate's policies will be, you want to exert that influence over a candidate who has a chance of winning. Why waste your input on someone with no chance? Further, as an active player, you want to give advice to someone who needs it. Paul doesn't need my advice. He's already a libertarian. But maybe I can nudge McCain a little in that direction.

Well, that's his take. Any libertarians or Ron Paul voters out there who see things differently? Please comment below!

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/06/11/should-ron-paul-voters-libertarians-choose-mccain.html

pinkmandy
06-12-2008, 05:37 PM
I thought you were asking us this question. I was about to tell you where you could stick it...instead I'll say screw Luskin the traitor to freedom.

FrankRep
06-12-2008, 05:38 PM
McCain Is Obviously Committed to Building Empire

http://www.jbs.org/node/8376

Kludge
Should Ron Paul Voters, Libertarians Choose McCain?

Article fails.

SnappleLlama
Good Lord...how many times have we been over this?

LEK
06-12-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not asking it - just posting an article I read. I don't agree with it - I found it interesting because Luskin was giving advice regarding the subject.

Guys - did you ever hear Ron Paul talk about diplomacy?

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm not asking it - just posting an article I read. I don't agree with it - I found it interesting because Luskin was giving advice regarding the subject.

Guys - did you ever hear Ron Paul talk about diplomacy?

:) Sorry, didn't mean to direct my comment at you...I was talking about the article!

Lord Xar
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
I know at least 7 republicans who WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR MCCAIN!

He is a complete shill. He will appoint Bloomberg as his VP. Watch it happen.

I love that sticker or image : Same Shit, Different Piles <--- i want that sticker.. can I get it!! hahah

m72mc
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
lol will never happen.

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Who the heck is Luskin? I can tell he's got a man crush on Obama already. TONES

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I love that sticker or image : Same Shit, Different Piles <--- i want that sticker.. can I get it!! hahah

lol...

LibertyEagle
06-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Who the heck is Luskin? I can tell he's got a man crush on Obama already. TONES

Don Luskin. At one point, he had endorsed Ron Paul and he and Peter Schiff were the campaign's economic advisors, or something like that.

RonPaulFever
06-12-2008, 05:56 PM
I would rather eat human feces than vote for John McCain.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2008, 05:56 PM
"imperfectly libertarian McCain"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has Luskin lost his ever lovin' frickin' mind? There is not one libertarian bone in McCain's body.

nbruno322
06-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Break the chains of the two-party dictatorship!!!

nobody's_hero
06-12-2008, 08:13 PM
I would rather eat human feces than vote for John McCain.

Hrrmmph. An insult to human feces everywhere.

ihsv
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
I utterly refuse to vote for McCain

alaric
06-12-2008, 08:51 PM
I know at least 7 republicans who WILL NOT BE VOTING FOR MCCAIN!

He is a complete shill. He will appoint Bloomberg as his VP. Watch it happen.

mccain-bloomberg? DOUBLEBARF!:p