PDA

View Full Version : "Heck No!" to the "Campaign for Liberty" the NAU and police state is coming soon!

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 04:49 PM
As far as I am concerned any long term bottom up campaign to promote freedom is probably doomed to failure due to the fact that the NAU and the police state are approaching very rapidly. Every month I see how more and more of our rights and freedoms are being violated. To be blunt, I think in four years the USA will be too far gone to be saved.

What can we do to reverse the course of our nation in the SHORT TERM before it is too late? Is there anything we could accomplish in ONE YEARS TIME that could change this nation?

Obviously, Ron Paul is giving up and is no longer in the race. However, is there something we could do (peaceful and non-violent of course) to make a significant difference in one year?

What about coming up with a movement to impeach whoever wins in the coming election (Obama or McCain) and have a candidate ready to replace that person?

What other possibilities are there?

Lord Xar
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM
yeah, I kinda agree. When members of congress are speaking out about it, and THEY land on deaf ears - wft!

we need someone with MILLIONS and MILLIONS to come forward and commit to a national campaign ad against this. Commercials, radios ads. You have to inform the public. Our news is surpressed and those who are familiar, albeit, think its kooky.

We need someone to step forward and really lay it on the line and be willing to relinquish much of their wealth to informing the public.

Radio/tv/print only. No big operations, or organizations. Very few running the campaign, with the backing of a very wealthy person or two. imho.

Printo
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Way to rain on everyones parade guy. The world is not coming to an end in 4 years, contrary to popular belief. The only thing we can do is try. And if this cause does fail, then at least we can say we tried. We fought for freedom because its worth fighting for. Today is a great day for this movement. This is not going to happen over night. So do you want to go down fighting for something you believe in, or would you rather sit on the sidelines because you feel hopeless? The choice is up to you.

Rangeley
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Way to rain on everyones parade guy. The world is not coming to an end in 4 years, contrary to popular belief. The only thing we can do is try. And if this cause does fail, then at least we can say we tried. We fought for freedom because its worth fighting for. Today is a great day for this movement. This is not going to happen over night. So do you want to go down fighting for something you believe in, or would you rather sit on the sidelines because you feel hopeless? The choice is up to you.
+1776

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 04:59 PM
Well, I'm depressed...

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 05:01 PM

The free world might be coming to an end in four years!

Don't you realize how they are trying to expand the Patriot Act?

Don't you realize that there are forces pushing for a North American Union?

Don't you realize the government is spying on us more and more each year?

Don't you see how they are trying to restrict our right to bare arms?

Don't you see this country slipping into a police state?

We need RAPID ACTION (peaceful and non violent) if we are going save our nation.

-lotus-
06-12-2008, 05:03 PM
The moment they try to take our guns is when this movement will go from non-violence to fighting for our lives and I will gladly get on the front lines, armed if necessary, to ensure I dont die a slave to the whims of our 'masters' in power.

Lord Xar
06-12-2008, 05:05 PM

8 years brought us 15+million illegals, porous borders, Nafta --> Cafta, LOST treaty, TCC, War etc..

Will the world end in 4 years, no. What the OP is saying is that the momentum of the opposition is only gonna pick up steam - you try chasing a ball down a steep incline, after it as a 30 second head start!

So yeah! I believe in 4 years a TON can happen.

glts
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
The free world might be coming to an end in four years!

Don't you realize how they are trying to expand the Patriot Act?

Don't you realize that there are forces pushing for a North American Union?

Don't you realize the government is spying on us more and more each year?

Don't you see how they are trying to restrict our right to bare arms?

Don't you see this country slipping into a police state?

We need RAPID ACTION (peaceful and non violent) if we are going save our nation.

So, do what you can and are willing to do, and encourage others to do what they can and are willing to do. Discouraging people because you think they won't do enough isn't going to help anything.

Kotin
The moment they try to take our guns is when this movement will go from non-violence to fighting for our lives and I will gladly get on the front lines, armed if necessary, to ensure I dont die a slave to the whims of our 'masters' in power.

I hear that!!

HOLLYWOOD
yeah, I kinda agree. When members of congress are speaking out about it, and THEY land on deaf ears - wft!

we need someone with MILLIONS and MILLIONS to come forward and commit to a national campaign ad against this. Commercials, radios ads. You have to inform the public. Our news is surpressed and those who are familiar, albeit, think its kooky.

We need someone to step forward and really lay it on the line and be willing to relinquish much of their wealth to informing the public.

Radio/tv/print only. No big operations, or organizations. Very few running the campaign, with the backing of a very wealthy person or two. imho.

AARP has started their Campaign...

UnitedWeStand.org

Simply because of all the complaints from retirees on Social Security and can longer afford to live. Massive DEBT & SPENDING and the Dollar's collapse, courtesy of your FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Lookout... with the dollar devaluation, everything is FOR SALE, CHEAP to foreign entities! Ask Budweiser, Lehman, CSX, property... ON & ON

The true power of Ron Paul and his advisers would be to UNITE all the secondary groups, organizations, party affiliations. Then, you have a massive movement to put Washington DC and the Pandering Hacks out of business!

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 05:13 PM
I don't mind if there is a long term project as long as we have a short term project to make major progress happen QUICKLY!

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 05:14 PM
8 years brought us 15+million illegals, porous borders, Nafta --> Cafta, LOST treaty, TCC, War etc..

Will the world end in 4 years, no. What the OP is saying is that the momentum of the opposition is only gonna pick up steam - you try chasing a ball down a steep incline, after it as a 30 second head start!

So yeah! I believe in 4 years a TON can happen.

EXACTLY.

In four years I don't think we will be able to stop the momentum towards a NAU and police state.

pinkmandy
06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
I don't mind if there is a long term project as long as we have a short term project to make major progress happen QUICKLY!

^^^^^

I'll help out and work with the long term project. I agree, though- what about short term? What happens when the dollar collapses? Martial law? Who stops it? Yeah, we can talk about defending ourselves but what good is that if you're the only one in your neighborhood willing to do that? Will your neighbors stand by and believe the govt propaganda that justifies whatever it is they are doing? At the very least I hope this organization starts a major advertising campaign to wake people up. Four more years of losing individual rights, national sovereignty, and a growing police state is something I don't think this country can take. :(

Thor
06-12-2008, 05:24 PM
"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."
-Ed Howdershelt

Good quote... what box are we on?

armstrong
06-12-2008, 05:32 PM
agree-----!!!!!!!!! Does this economy have 4 more years in it..the cost of maintaining -what at last count hundreds of military bases world wide!!!!! and mcncheece wants more in Irag on a very long lease....housing crises, dollar in decline,food prices going up,energy going sky high,,,lose of jobs,----do we have 4 more years of this,,,what 8-15.00 a gallon for gas in a year and a half??

armstrong
06-12-2008, 05:35 PM
change needs to act sooner than later, but the right change,,,neither mcncheece or Obama will or desire to bring true goverment reform

freelance
06-12-2008, 05:50 PM
I think that we can safely say that no one's going to get impeached. LOOK at the evidence presented to Pilosi. If that's not enough, then I don't know what is. Further, when you impeach, the VP moves up to President and the Speaker of the House moves up to VP. That's how Gerald Ford became president. We have to CLEAN OUT Congress in order to get any action. Meanwhile, the Dems are ready to cave on telecom immunity, and the plans are in motion to SHUT DOWN OUR INTERNET. We won't have these forums for more than a couple more years.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-12-2008, 05:51 PM
AARP has started their Campaign...

UnitedWeStand.org

Simply because of all the complaints from retirees on Social Security and can longer afford to live. Massive DEBT & SPENDING and the Dollar's collapse, courtesy of your FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. Lookout... with the dollar devaluation, everything is FOR SALE, CHEAP to foreign entities! Ask Budweiser, Lehman, CSX, property... ON & ON

The true power of Ron Paul and his advisers would be to UNITE all the secondary groups, organizations, party affiliations. Then, you have a massive movement to put Washington DC and the Pandering Hacks out of business!

Actually, I think it's dividedwefail.org. Anyway, I'm not convinced they understand the problems.

yongrel
06-12-2008, 05:52 PM
Oh, boo hoo.
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif

amy31416
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Oh, boo hoo.
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/petecry.gif

BTW Yongrel, perfect choice of avatar for the earlier epic thread. Nice that some dress for the occasion. ;)

B964
06-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Good quote... what box are we on?

http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/

countrykidz4freedom
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I hear you Menthol Patch, I feel the same as you do, we have 0 time left, but I do realize that Ron Paul has given his best as have all the rest of us-most of us have dug deep to help fund the campaign, and worked very hard, I don't regret one bit of it-I feel blessed to be a part of it-I am confused whether or not the campaign is ending or merely being suspended, because I didn't see him actually say I am quitting. (and as we all know, the media always puts their negative spin on everything) If he is just suspending the race, we still have hope for him to win, but if he is officially dropping out, I hope we can unite enough to make a difference, on election day. (Someone mentioned somewhere that he would be filing papers if he is officially quitting.)

1000-points-of-fright
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM
OK. Everyone who's pissing and moaning that CFL is useless and it's too late and it's the end of the world had better start blowing shit up and killing people next week... otherwise, shut the hell up.

Printo
06-12-2008, 06:09 PM
OK. Everyone who's pissing and moaning that CFL is useless and it's too late and it's the end of the world had better start blowing shit up and killing people next week... otherwise, shut the hell up.

Thats right. If its already too late, then how the hell do you expect to use non-violence to catalyze enough change within the next year?? Either exercise your 2nd Amendment rights if you feel its too late, or join the rest of us and exercise your 1st Amendment rights.

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:13 PM

I wish I had your optimism. In 4 years, we will be well into the Iran war, the 2nd Amendment will be absolutely gutted by a democratically controlled Congress with Obama as President, the dollar will be worth next to nothing (if we aren't carrying Ameros by then), gas will be $8 a gallon, the military will be policing the streets with Ray-Guns, etc. A LOT can happen in 4 years when even the voices that speak logic are silenced and TPTB's plans are coming together nicely. If anything, I expect the next 4 years to be VERY eventful and not in a good way. Their legislation is getting bolder and bolder by the day.

Maybe it's just starting to sink in that we really are fucked and Im being overly dramatic but no matter if its Obama or McCain it doesnt matter. They both work for the same people and it ain't us.

malkusm
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM
"There are two types of failures: those who thought and never did, and those who did and never thought."
-Laurence J. Peter

Why should I become one, and let the other remain in control?

JK/SEA
06-12-2008, 06:17 PM

Exactly. Whats all this negative stuff? Seems if you want to promote the end of things as we know it, then to my way of thinking you either lay down and become a doormat or keep standing and fighting till they blow your head off.

I'd like to hear some ideas and an alternate plan from some of you negative nanny's.

I'm going to take Ron Pauls message and run with that.

We need to stay focused and we need to stay together.

I am running un-opposed as a Precinct Commitee Officer as a Republican.

What are you guys doing?

At the same time, i am preparing for the SHTF scenario.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 06:18 PM
Yongrel has won the thread.

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Yongrel has won the thread.

Yongrel is a troll in case you havent noticed. He's just a very good one.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 06:23 PM

Yeah, but he's pretty funny! :D

Kludge
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM

Yongrel's no troll. He's a damn-smart marketer and manipulator, a damned one at that.

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Yongrel's no troll. He's a damn-smart marketer and manipulator, a damned one at that.

Says his partner in crime Kludge. I guess since the campaign itself is over I can start callin em like I see em. Oh joy!

Kludge
06-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Says his partner in crime Kludge. I guess since the campaign itself is over I can start callin em like I see em. Oh joy!

You're too kind... I recognize that free men need fellowship and occasional guidance while sheep need a shepard.

yongrel
06-12-2008, 06:35 PM

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10063/FAIL-cat-I-sense-fail.jpg

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:38 PM
^^^ Thanks for proving my point guys.

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
WE NEED THE PATRIOT SUMMIT, NOW!!

Kludge
06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
http://www.fxdeco.com/masque/muppet.jpg

:)

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
LOL, Kludge!!

crazyfingers
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM
The eastern world, it is exploding
Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’
You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’
You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’
And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me
Over and over and over again, my friend
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say
Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?
If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away
There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave
[Take a look around ya boy, it's bound to scare ya boy]

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’
I’m sitting here just contemplatin’
I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.
Handful of senators don’t pass legislation
And marches alone can’t bring integration
When human respect is disintegratin’
This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me
Ah, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in Red China
Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama
You may leave here for 4 days in space
But when you return, it’s the same old place
The poundin’ of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace
Hate your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace
And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend
You don’t believe
We’re on the eve
Of destruction
Mm, no no, you don’t believe
We’re on the eve
of destruction.

malkusm
06-12-2008, 06:44 PM
http://chart.finance.yahoo.com/c/1y/a/abk

This thread has hit a new low.

EDIT: That was not in response to the lyrics above, more towards the confusion on page 3, and the sillyness of this thread to begin with.

Kludge
06-12-2008, 06:48 PM
snip

One of my favorite songs of all time!

Thought it went "Eat your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace" the first time I heard it.

crazyfingers
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
One of my favorite songs of all time!

Thought it went "Eat your next-door neighbor, but don’t forget to say grace" the first time I heard it.

:D

I just thought it illustrates perfectly that things aren't always as dire as they may seem.