PDA

View Full Version : The Process of Waking Up

malkusm
06-12-2008, 04:22 PM
"The Process of Waking Up"

I've been inspired again today, like I have in so many I've experienced recently. You see, just when I think about how bad things are, something positive spins me around again, it seems.

It didn't used to be like this, in more ways than one. It didn't used to be that there was anything to believe in, nothing to make me believe that things were going to get any better. Of course, it didn't used to be that things were bad to begin with, but that was before my time.

Today is the end of an era, and the beginning of a new one. In such moments, many like to reflect on the day that has passed; and while it is important that we keep those thoughts in mind, we must always be facing towards the day ahead, preparing for the new dangers we may face. As we all know, our work is not done, not by a long shot. Our work is not done until we have educated all our fellow Americans on what the Statue of Liberty is really a symbol for, until the words written by Thomas Jefferson so long ago mean something more than ink on paper. Our work is not done until Americans can again appreciate ancestors who fled oppressive governments to live in freedom, and spent every penny in their name doing so.

In short, we have a lot of people to wake up.

I've heard people question it all, wondering aloud why we're not making progress, pondering why so many are so asleep in our country, oblivious to the schemes and transfer of power which happens seemingly everyday. You can't help to notice it if you're awake at all, if you're paying attention, if you're questioning the things around you. Why is it that we have been fighting so hard for our beliefs, and so many others remain asleep?

The answer is simply this: it takes time to wake up. Though we may ring all the alarms we wish, we can't stop Americans from hitting the snooze button, delaying the inevitable passing of time. Of course, we know that the result when they do wake up will be the metaphoric mad dash to do an hour's worth of things in 20 minutes, scrambling to get to work on time despite their prolonged slumber. All we can do is to wait 5 minutes...and try again.

I'd urge all of you to use this new era to refresh your enthusiasm for the message of freedom. We are the alarm that will wake this country up, one sleeping American at a time. Be loud! Persist! Stop telling yourself that you don't have the time, or the energy, or the willpower to do it. The alarm clock wakes up America for work every day with the energy of a 9-volt battery; imagine what we can do with the human spirit.

This is how I have been inspired today. I've written that this is just the beginning, and that I will dedicate myself to advancing the cause of liberty for as long as it takes. I feel more dedicated now than ever to this cause. Even if I have to be the only one. I am young - I have to deal with the problems we face whether anyone does anything about them or not. I might as well be the one to do something about them.

In liberty,

Matthew Malkus

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 04:24 PM
Very Nice! TONES

malkusm
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
http://www.ricesigns.com/real_pictures/bump_signs.jpg

pinkmandy
06-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Excellent post.

amy31416
06-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Thanks for sharing. Very good post.

OhioMichael
06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Very Nice. Thanks.

malkusm
06-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Shameless self-bump for high-traffic crowd, and I think it's fitting for the new phase we've entered......

crackyflipside
06-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Don't ever bite your tongue when people are speaking politics. Tell them about liberty. Tell them about how the politicians they love have been violating their beloved constitution. They will listen!

Conza88
06-12-2008, 10:18 PM
A Blueprint for Wake Up. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=136107)