PDA

View Full Version : If this is such great news...

HippyChimp
06-12-2008, 02:53 PM
...then why do I feel like crying?

lasenorita
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
...tears of joy? :(

amy31416
06-12-2008, 02:56 PM

PMS?

Kidding, kidding. Because it's also the end of something that we have all been very emotionally invested in.

Thor
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I think it is a mixed bag of emotions... We are saddened by knowing our choices for president are crap and crappier, and the good Dr is not going to carry forth on this path.

But we see that now is time to shift the momentum, while there still is momentum, to get people on a new path that will lead to long term results, and freeing up the money from FEC laws to be more aggressive.

I am excited by the prospect of this new effort and the long term abilities it brings, but crushed by my choices at what will be representing this country for the next 4 years.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
PMS?

Kidding, kidding. Because it's also the end of something that we have all been very emotionally invested in.

you mean the beginning? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV2Mjc_kkY

acptulsa
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
...tears of joy? :(

Um, no.

But maybe they should be. After all, we have not yet begun to fight!

Drknows
06-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Sometimes i feel like Ron Paul is John Adams reincarnated and he needs people like the Sons Of Liberty to open his eyes.

I dont think he sees this movement like we do. He needs that fire in him to come out.

amy31416
06-12-2008, 03:02 PM
you mean the beginning? ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jV2Mjc_kkY

Both. :)

Rhys
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM
nevermind.

this is dumb. we still have to go to convention and get out voted. i'm kinda mad at RP

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Well, that depends. For certain, it is a seachange in a movement we are all very passionate about. That fact suggests we will all feel a bit of an emotional rollercoaster over this.( Luckily I love roller-coasters:D)

Some may cry in relief, or nostalgiac melencholy, or dissappointment. The first two seem logical, the last seems to be a result of unreasonable expectations ,brought on by the overly optimistic predictions, a few have been guilty of.

Please recognize the logical sense this move makes, have a good cry, and come back fighting for the real r3VOLution

Thanks

:)

Primbs
06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
This is our second chance to make in difference in national politics.

ARealConservative
06-12-2008, 06:28 PM
PMS?

today is no more or less the end then it was 6 weeks ago. :confused:

OhioMichael
06-12-2008, 06:31 PM
The campaign for liberty always was, and still is, in our hands.

amy31416
06-12-2008, 06:32 PM

To 'splain it a bit better--say you're in a relationship, which you know is going nowhere, but you're still officially "in" the relationship who's only inevitable end is breakup (not a perfect analogy). Well today is the day that you find out that it's officially over.

Make more sense?

(And yes, I know this is the beginning of the next phase.)

wgadget
06-12-2008, 06:35 PM
This is our second chance to make in difference in national politics.

He'll be ALL OVER THE NEWS tomorrow, I bet.

Doesn't he have a Wolf Blitzer interview tomorrow?

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:43 PM

Oh I can't wait for those interviews.

Wolf: You have failed to win the presidential nomination twice! Are you going to run as a Libertarian again in 2012?

RP: Well, I have helped to wake up many people acro....

Wolf: Good, good. So your new organization Campaign for Liberty was founded using your campaign money. Why didn't you spend it on your presidential campaign?

RP: We had more money than we knew what to....

Wolf: Good, good. Will you back John McCain for President?

RP: No, I can't in good conscience back Senator McCain. He and I don't believe....

Wolf: Thank you Congressman Paul. Amazing, amazing. Back to you Jack.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Oh I can't wait for those interviews.

Wolf: You have failed to win the presidential nomination twice! Are you going to run as a Libertarian again in 2012?

RP: Well, I have helped to wake up many people acro....

Wolf: Good, good. So your new organization Campaign for Liberty was founded using your campaign money. Why didn't you spend it on your presidential campaign?

RP: We had more money than we knew what to....

Wolf: Good, good. Will you back John McCain for President?

RP: No, I can't in good conscience back Senator McCain. He and I don't believe....

Wolf: Thank you Congressman Paul. Amazing, amazing. Back to you Jack.

Spot on! Ha, ha!

runningdiz
06-12-2008, 06:47 PM

Good point. Why is everyone so mad?? Ron has had noooo chance at winning for months now. Those who think 1,000 or more delegates will magically appear supporting Ron at the convention are fooling themselves. Even if they do the Republican party will stop them as they have when we had a majority at conventions in other states. The Campaigns hasbeen over for awhile. Ron gave you plenty of time to get over it and move on.

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
To 'splain it a bit better--say you're in a relationship, which you know is going nowhere, but you're still officially "in" the relationship who's only inevitable end is breakup (not a perfect analogy). Well today is the day that you find out that it's officially over.

Make more sense?

(And yes, I know this is the beginning of the next phase.)
And this is the start of a new relationship
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/313OjvCF92L._SL160_SS160_.jpg

Yeah - what time is that?

american.swan
06-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Sometimes i feel like Ron Paul is John Adams reincarnated and he needs people like the Sons Of Liberty to open his eyes.

I dont think he sees this movement like we do. He needs that fire in him to come out.

Could you explain this some more?

american.swan
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Do you think Ron Paul would have done better if he would have attacked more like Sebrin did in NJ?

UnReconstructed
06-12-2008, 06:51 PM

I'll cry with ya. I haven't been this low in a long time.

http://www.smileyhut.com/sad/cry2.gif

http://www.smileyhut.com/sad/bye2.gif freedom

crazyfingers
06-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Do you think Ron Paul would have done better if he would have attacked more like Sebrin did in NJ?

Nope, look what they did to Mike Gravel. He went on the attack and was portrayed as a crazy old kook. They tried to stick Ron Paul with that label, but his easy-going demeanor made those charges a lot less believable.

kathy88
06-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, that depends. For certain, it is a seachange in a movement we are all very passionate about. That fact suggests we will all feel a bit of an emotional rollercoaster over this.( Luckily I love roller-coasters:D)

Some may cry in relief, or nostalgiac melencholy, or dissappointment. The first two seem logical, the last seems to be a result of unreasonable expectations ,brought on by the overly optimistic predictions, a few have been guilty of.

Please recognize the logical sense this move makes, have a good cry, and come back fighting for the real r3VOLution

Thanks

:)

+2012

BuddyRey
06-12-2008, 07:57 PM
I wish I could feel as good about these developments as y'all seem to, but after a year in this movement (looking back, it seems more like THREE years), I just don't know if I've got much more fight left in me. I don't want to settle for President Barack Obama, President Bob Barr, or even President Murray Sabrin. I want President Ron Paul, but the mouth-breathing saps who believe every misdirection and manipulation by the ruling class outnumbered and therefore outranked us. Now I understand what you all meant when I was a newbie to the forums and you were trying to explain to me why democracy is such a bad idea. It makes the reasoning, rational individual a slave to the winds of fashion and the whims of the (usually) grossly misinformed collective.

I'll probably get over it, but this is a very, very sad day.

Deborah K
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
I wish I could feel as good about these developments as y'all seem to, but after a year in this movement (looking back, it seems more like THREE years), I just don't know if I've got much more fight left in me. I don't want to settle for President Barack Obama, President Bob Barr, or even President Murray Sabrin. I want President Ron Paul, but the mouth-breathing saps who believe every misdirection and manipulation by the ruling class outnumbered and therefore outranked us. Now I understand what you all meant when I was a newbie to the forums and you were trying to explain to me why democracy is such a bad idea. It makes the reasoning, rational individual a slave to the winds of fashion and the whims of the (usually) grossly misinformed collective.

I was angry, and then I cried. But look at it this way. If either of those dumb f'ks get elected, the 67 million gun owners in this country, myself included, may have to start a war. I'M KIDDING!!! DON'T BAN ME!!! :p

pinkmandy
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
*sigh*

My emotions are jumbled up, too.

And the good ol' boys were drinking whiskey and rye...

I'm hoping hearing him talk will revitalize me.

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 08:07 PM

I hear you and think I can understand the sadness.

I, also, believe that once you digest what is happening you will see how good this really is.

And the truth is that RP has as much chance of getting the nom tomorrow, as he did yesterday. Miracles do happen, but waiting on one is never a good idea

eleganz
06-12-2008, 09:07 PM
he said he wouldnt stop his campaign unless people stop supporting him, he technically lied..no?

Either way I still support him, I still wish he would at least continue as candidate until we have final word from the GOP Convention.