PDA

View Full Version : The new Setup...will it be a setup, or...?

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Just sent this message on the new "CampaignforLiberty.com" website:

To whom it may concern,

Many, many of Ron Paul's most active supporters (including myself) had/have serious concerns about how the Presidential campaign was led, and before we all devote too much time and effort to this new campaign, I have some questions I would like addressed. The answers will be posted far and wide across the internet.

I would like to know who will be the leaders/officers/directors of this effort, and who will have control of the finances. Will any of the hired staff from the Presidential Campaign be involved? If so, which ones?

I would also like to know how much of the funds remaining from Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign will be turned over to this effort, and what legal status the "Campaign for Liberty" will carry.

Thank you.

For the Republic,

Stephen J. Martin
Aroostook County Ron Paul Meetup, #17
Vice Chairman Aroostook County Republican Committee
At Large Member, Maine State Republican Committee
Amity, ME
207-532-3635

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
bump

WRellim
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
I'll second that.

Not a dime until I know who's behind the scenes (besides Jeff Frazee*... who doesn't impress me much).

If it's just going to be more of the same "Beltway group" that ran RPPCC, well then what is the point?

*Technically the current "whois" owner of (and ONLY contact for) the "CampaignForLiberty" domain names, all of which were registered on May 30, 2008.

Lucille
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Reason's Weigel (http://www.reason.com/blog/show/127008.html) talked to the campaign today.

I talked with Paul spokesman Jesse Benton a little while ago to confirm some more details.

- Formally, Ron Paul 2008 will be suspended, not shut down. It will exist for "a few more months" as the campaign workers "close up shop."

- Paul will not release his delegates, kinda-sorta. "I believe they'll technically be released," Benton said, "but Ron will actively be encouraging them to become a positive presence on the convention floor."

- The Campaign for Liberty will be based in Virginia and Texas; Benton will be on staff, as will certain (unknown so far) members of RP2008, but they're looking for "new blood."

- The rumor that CfL will be publishing books by Paul and friends is not true: "We'll be publishing, but it'll be new media, streaming video, and blogs. There are no plans for books right now."

- CfL plans to keep the 20,000-odd volunteers who signed up as precinct leaders active. "If we expand that program," Benton said, "we train them, and we recruit and support more people who want liberty, we can take over the country."

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Thanks WRellim,

Frazee is not a very good start at all...Better than Snyder and Moore, but, we definitely need lots of new blood...patriot blood this time...if you know what I mean.

LibertyIn08
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Thanks WRellim,

Frazee is not a very good start at all...Better than Snyder and Moore, but, we definitely need lots of new blood...patriot blood this time...if you know what I mean.

http://www.firstscience.com/home/images/legacygallery/vampire.jpg

:eek:

phixion
06-12-2008, 03:01 PM
This whole CFL makes me want to move over to America and get my feet wet in this cause.

It is massive.

Pete

VTV
06-12-2008, 03:04 PM
While your at it Mr. Martin, make sure you get it straight this time as to whether or not this new campaign prefers one religion or another. Just to get that out of the way ahead of time.

LibertyIn08
06-12-2008, 03:04 PM
This whole CFL makes me want to move over to America and get my feet wet in this cause.

It is massive.

Pete

You're welcome in Illinois, we need all of the patriots we can get here. :)

newyearsrevolution08
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Jeff is fine BUT I want to know who will be doing the marketing. I talked with Jeff about the revolution by mail effort as well as the book club SO I am hoping those efforts do get setup.

I know Jeff had a meeting with Ron about the Revolution By Mail project but he hasn't gotten back to me on it and then I see this setup SO I am hoping things will get MOVING.

Education is the way to go BUT they need a different marketing effort done. I think they need to hire some grassroots or pro marketers to really get things moving.

I still wonder what effect this will have on the march coming up?

To the man from the u.k. , get things moving over there as well. I am pretty sure you have liberties taken daily as well and want them back. Learn from our mistakes though lol......

Educate the youth.

WRellim
06-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Thanks WRellim,

Looks like Benton will be "transferring over" as well. Which of course is really exciting... YAAWWWNN.

The "Mission" statement for the org is pretty darn vague... its is a "grab bag" of everything, and nothing all at once.

Is this a new Political Party? Is this a PAC? Or is it a 527? Maybe some type of 501(c)(?) non-profit? Or a private publishing operation? And by "promoting candidates" well, what does that mean? Financially? Educationally? Endorsements? ...else what could it mean? And will these "candidates" be or Federal offices or State offices as well? (I smell disaster and a huge quagmire brewing on the legal front... FEC rules (not to mention the MAZE of state election laws) may not apply McCain, but don't think for one minute they won't enforce them on something associated with Ron Paul... if only out of revenge and spite).

Pretty much exactly what I predicted months ago, we've got a "Seldonesque Empire-saving edumacational-political-inaction-committee "foundation" thingee. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=133718)"

The main purpose of it will end up being to serve as a way to "hand-off" responsibility for this whole thing AWAY from Ron Paul himself (but still using his name in small type) -- and along the way to provide permanent jobs for the core group from RPPCC (the one's who basically can't get a paying job anywhere else anymore).

I mean think about this seriously -- how much QUANTITY of "content" did the campaign ever really produce? And what was the QUALITY of that content? And do we really need (yet another) blog? (And was the "official campaign blog" -- the Daily Dose -- really anything all that great?)

The main things the grassroots used were Ron Paul's debate appearances, interviews by MSM, and an occasional speech. Other than Ron Paul himself, the rest of these jokers could talk or write (much less video) their way out of a soggy cardboard box. I would argue the slim-jims did at least as much damage (drove people off) as they ever did any good.

People need to lower their expectations of this to ...well just about zero.

I absolutely WISH that were not true... but past predicts future, and incompetent people do not suddenly become competent just because they got a different title, or the name & logo on the organization's front door changed.
:(

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
lol...

All the usual suspects are here to shit all over whatever Ron tries to do.

I am not surprised.

Yawn, indeed.

:rolleyes:

The One
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Steve Martin....you are one wild and crazy guy.

WRellim
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
lol...

I am not surprised.

Yawn, indeed.

You really are nothing more than a foul mouthed little thing aren't you, is it even possible for you to make a post without resorting to profanity?

phixion
06-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Benton did ok for himself out of this campaign, didn't he?

Got himself a RP job for life (now working in the CFL), an RP wife (granddaughter of Rons) and a nice chunk of RP inheritence to look forward to when Ron Paul leaves this earthly plane.

So soon after his previous marriage ended due to him being tied up in the RP campaign.

Ahem.

Pete

Sandra
06-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Benton did ok for himself out of this campaign, didn't he?

Got himself a RP job for life (now working in the CFL), an RP wife (granddaughter of Rons) and a nice chunk of RP inheritence to look forward to when Ron Paul leaves this earthly plane.

So soon after his previous marriage ended due to him being tied up in the RP campaign.

Ahem.

Pete

In Texas, only his kids get anything.

Bruehound
06-12-2008, 03:51 PM
As long as somebody tells Benton to stop chewing gum while on camera I will be happy.

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Guys...concentrate on the "Patriot Summit" thread now, PLEASE!!!

phixion
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
In Texas, only his kids get anything.

Even if he specifies in his will where he wishes his money to go?

Surely you're wrong. Anything else would be immoral. Why can't a man wish his money go to whomever he likes when he passes - providing he's wrote it in time. :)

Pete

JoshLowry
lol...

I am not surprised.

Yawn, indeed.

People have opinions. They are well entitled to post it here without catching flak.

wgadget

It is massive.

Pete

Come on over...You can get a currency discount!

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
You really are nothing more than a foul mouthed little thing aren't you, is it even possible for you to make a post without resorting to profanity?

Doesn't change my point. And you know it.

;)

WRellim
06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
People have opinions. They are well entitled to post it here without catching flak.

Thank you, Josh.

I try my best to be respectful of others opinions and posts. But MdD's standard "seagull routine" of coming into various threads, expressing her personal dislike for the poster (or those who reply) and then using a veritable stream of profanity... well it is just getting to be a bit old. (I understand and can accommodate an occasional use of a "colorful word" or two to express one's passion for or against some issue... but is it really necessary for this person to describe everything in scatalogical or sexual terms?)

I really don't think it reflects well on this site at all, that she (still) has "Moderator" status.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM

And I'm not allowed to express mine?

lol...

The One
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Thank you, Josh.

I try my best to be respectful of others opinions and posts. But MdD's standard "seagull routine" of coming into various threads, expressing her personal dislike for the poster (or those who reply) and then using a veritable stream of profanity... well it is just getting to be a bit old. (I understand and can accommodate an occasional use of a "colorful word" or two to express one's passion for or against some issue... but is it really necessary for this person to describe everything in scatalogical or sexual terms?)

I really don't think it reflects well on this site at all, that she (still) has "Moderator" status.

I know I fuckin' hate it when dick-heads and bitches use profanity in their posts.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
I know I fuckin' hate it when dick-heads and bitches use profanity in their posts.

lol...

I don't care who you are, that right there was funny.

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 04:33 PM
For determining candidates:
In the CFR = No Vote
In the CFL = Vote

LibertyIn08
06-12-2008, 04:34 PM
lol...

I don't care who you are, that right there was funny.

Perhaps starting each post with 'lol...' is not the way to gain allies. ;)

constituent
06-12-2008, 04:46 PM

idk... imo, MsDoodahs is the shizzle.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 04:54 PM

Laughter nazis are after me.

MsDoodahs
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
idk... imo, MsDoodahs is the shizzle.

...snort...

;)

WRellim
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Laughter nazis are after me.

So now anyone who thinks your constant "lol" and profanity is a Nazi ?

What's next, anyone who disagrees with you "eats live babies" ?

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, this thread has jumped the shark...

WRellim
06-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Well, this thread has jumped the shark...

Which I believe was MsD's entire purpose in posting in it: to prevent any actual discussion from taking place.

SteveMartin
06-13-2008, 12:15 PM
No response yet from the email I sent on the new CFL website...

WRellim
06-13-2008, 12:20 PM
No response yet from the email I sent on the new CFL website...

You expected a response? As in a reply to your email?

When did this group of people ever deign to reply to emails? Or return phone calls? Or respond in any fashion whatsoever?

Seriously, that is not part of their SOP.

austin356
06-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Steve,

May i copy/paste your message and send it in?

I feel the same way.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2008, 08:01 PM
What's next, anyone who disagrees with you "eats live babies" ?

No, that's Bush. I know that, because I read it in Hot Topics. :p :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
06-13-2008, 08:09 PM
lol...

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-13-2008, 08:39 PM
nt

WRellim
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I do not like this thread. It has an ulterior motive of stealing thunder, creating doubt, and division. The OP can feel free to not participate in this, as he appears to be a negative force to me.

And you determined this how from his appearance? Did he have a negative "aqua-blue Aura" about him? Or perhaps his furniture was arranged incorrectly and gave off vibrations of negative "chi" energy in some horrid form of feng shui?

~~~
Let's deal in reality.

Ron Paul never expected to win. Ron Paul never expected to get the response he did.
Let me say this next part clearly: The current establishment would NEVER let Ron Paul be president. He would of gotten a bullet before that happened.

Ron Paul is a smart guy... He teetered the edge very skillfully.

Well, if he wasn't really even TRYING to actually run for President, then he was highly unethical and was committing a grotesque form of FRAUD on everyone who donated.

If he was unable to ACTUALLY encompass that as a possibility once the "big" money started rolling in, then ethically he should have returned the money and left the process.

The rest sounds like a post hoc justification that is little more than a speculative figment of your imagination... it certainly isn't "reality" -- but of course in a very handy fashion accepting such delusions DOES allow you to remain in complete denial concerning the gross incompetence in actions by the people who [mis-]managed the campaign itself.

If you feel that your money that helped create everything we have done thus far was not worth the money spent then you clearly lack vision and are antagonistically bitter about it, hence your post acting like you are running things when the new organization is just in the infant stage.

I gave max donations, and 1500+ hours to this. And never once did I think he would be president. I did smell a revolution beginning though, and I did my best propagate it using the Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign as a vehicle for that revolution. Now that we have a solid foundation to build upon, you spit upon it? I spit upon you then.

My money and time was well spent. Period.

The rest of this is really nothing more than a "No TRUE Scotsman" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman) argument -- and therefore entirely fallacious in both its root AND it's intended implications, in short, it begs the question (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Question_begging).

Try again.

RedStripe
06-13-2008, 10:15 PM
I agree that they need to hire some people with more experience if possible and really work with the grassroots.

That said, I think this is a great idea especially considering the fact that an alternative doesn't really exist. Some form of formal organization is necessary so that this movement stays cohesive and effective, just as the Ron Paul Campaign itself was the enabler of the movement over the past year that united a wide variety of individuals and groups. I don't think that this new organization aims to takeover the grassroots but would rather serve as the central standard-bearer of a very fractured and diverse army.

In addition, it is important to attract a wider audience than something like Restore the Republic can aim for (and no disrespect at all to them - everyone knows the important role that RTR and other grassroots organizations have played in the Ron Paul campaign). Supporters, donors, and volunteers who are not active enough to maybe even visit this or other forums are still essential to our movment. Ron Paul brought them together, Ron Paul will keep them together, and Ron Paul will keep them active and willing to play a role.

You absolutely have to have an official RP organization to really get the snowball rolling, and I don't even think it needs to be the best-run organization. Many complain about how the campaign was run, but just think of the success we still had! The most important thing was not that the campaign was run well, but that it was run at all. This is why launching the Campaign for Liberty is so critical - we can always work to improve it as we go along. Time is short! Let's get marching!

aravoth
06-13-2008, 10:34 PM
lol...

I am not surprised.

Yawn, indeed.

No Shit, I could smell these turds rolling this way the second he withdrew from the race.

aravoth
06-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I do not like this thread. It has an ulterior motive of stealing thunder, creating doubt, and division. The OP can feel free to not participate in this, as he appears to be a negative force to me.

Dude, this is what Steve does. He's like a militant Ghemminger, only he's not funny, and not asian.

LibertyEagle
06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I hope everyone complaining about the CFL will still join...

If they have this attitude, it might be better if they didn't.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
06-13-2008, 11:22 PM
nt

MsDoodahs
06-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Ding Ding Ding!

Folks, we have a winner!

:D

MsD

<Hi, Aravoth!>

Mckarnin
06-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, I have so much to say about the official presidential campaign, ethics, the CFL, my interactions with Jeff Frazee, others involved with the CFL and Rand Paul...I have been dying to rant all day. It will not do me or the organization I and others are working on any credit to go about saying things carelessly so I will hold my tongue, for now.

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 04:41 AM
Steve,

May i copy/paste your message and send it in?

I feel the same way.

Absolutely.

Just please let me know if you should get any kind of response.

Philmanoman
06-14-2008, 06:42 AM
To all the people who say Ron Paul should hire better people and all this other hooplah going around about not doin a good job campaigning...

I suppose you could do better?Go ahead and run for office somewhere and let us know how easy it was for you.

american.swan
06-14-2008, 06:57 AM
My only issue with CfL is the lobbying congress to pass bills. That to me is a waste of money. We already know who controls congress and the last thing we need to do is waste money trying to make wolves vegetarians. I think it would be far better to work on advertisements in print and on tv that will come out every so many months as money is available keeping the public in toon with the joke that is Washington. THAT way when everything does down they'll at least vaguely remember CfL's commercials and know that free markets aren't to blame.

Also we can use this CfL to endorce candidates and better yet air dirty voting records on incumbants.

american.swan
06-14-2008, 06:57 AM
To all the people who say Ron Paul should hire better people and all this other hooplah going around about not doin a good job campaigning...

I suppose you could do better?Go ahead and run for office somewhere and let us know how easy it was for you.

Post of the Year nomination 2008

countrykidz4freedom
06-14-2008, 07:25 AM
When I first heard the news, I was so discouraged, I cried, but never upset at Ron Paul-I feel he has absolutely done his best-he has traveled around the country, going to rally after rally to cheer us all on, when I know it would have been so much easier for him to stay home and relax. Do you people even stop to think about what a toll it takes on him to do all he has done? Most people his age are retired, for crying out loud, and many are in nursing homes.

This man is a man of true honor, of course the opposing side doesn't want him to get elected., and will stop at nothing to ensure it. He threatens their evil plans. How many times have we heard them pressure him to endorse McCain, (you know if he would have given in, they would then offer him a peace offering like VP or something) I am so thankful he didn't-it shows me he is the real thing, and because of him, I can say, there are a few people still in office who truly have principles.

Whoever doesn't want to be a part of this ongoing revolution is not obligated to do so-we will understand if you drop out. There are those of us who determined months ago, when we saw how the GOP was continually treating our group, that we would keep working toward freedom, no matter what came of this election. I am truly thankful that Ron Paul came up with this plan to continue the revolution, he is still our leader, and we will succeed. Instead of focusing on the presidency issue, look at what has been accomplished this far-more and more people are waking up to the truth, and more are joining us in determination to restore our
country.

It won't do any good to keep belly-aching about things, either drop out, or make up your resolve to get back in there and start taking back our country. I can tell you one thing, I am staying in for the long haul-our freedom is worth it. The revolution continues!!!!

wgadget
06-14-2008, 07:30 AM
NUMBER ONE ON THE AGENDA....

ABOLISH THE FEDERAL RESERVE!!!!

Time to educate the average Joe on the streets about the mayhem caused by a fiat money system.

Just my opinion. But without the media/social/political/environmental stresses put on us by counterfeit money, we'd be a whole lot more honest as a nation.

Drknows
06-14-2008, 07:49 AM
I use to worry about the direction of this movement but i learned you cant control something this big.

I think if supporters want to take the extra step to try and push it in a certain direction more power to them. In the end, don't we all want the same thing?

NO one thing will make or break this movement!

WRellim
06-14-2008, 11:06 AM

Actually, I think my neighbor's dog could have done better.

Granted he probably wouldn't have done ANY advertising at all...

But at least there would still be $34 Million in the bank instead of $4 M, and someone else could have come and done something that mattered.

SnappleLlama
06-14-2008, 11:08 AM
Actually, I think my neighbor's dog could have done better.

Granted he probably wouldn't have done ANY advertising at all...

But at least there would still be $34 Million in the bank instead of $4 M, and someone else could have come and done something that mattered.

Put your money where your mouth is, then. Go sign up your neighbor's dog as a presidential candidate, and we'll see how he/she fares.

Go on...do it. I dare you.

OptionsTrader
06-14-2008, 11:13 AM
lol...

I am not surprised.

Yawn, indeed.

Guess I'll keep my comment about this post to myself, wouldn't want to tell a mod how to moderate and get banned again.

WRellim
06-14-2008, 11:26 AM
Guess I'll keep my comment about this post to myself, wouldn't want to tell a mod how to moderate and get banned again.

I'm seriously beginning to think "Doodahs" is some type of euphemism for excrement since "MsD" seems to post nothing but scatalogical references -- perhaps due to some type of fetish?

Regardless, I have never seen even a single post from this "MsD" that actually contributed ANYTHING of any substance to a thread, so one wonder how in the world such a person attained Moderator status. (Or is questioning that also subject one to getting banned. :eek: )

MsDoodahs
06-14-2008, 12:12 PM
When I first heard the news, I was so discouraged, I cried, but never upset at Ron Paul-I feel he has absolutely done his best-he has traveled around the country, going to rally after rally to cheer us all on, when I know it would have been so much easier for him to stay home and relax. Do you people even stop to think about what a toll it takes on him to do all he has done? Most people his age are retired, for crying out loud, and many are in nursing homes.

This man is a man of true honor, of course the opposing side doesn't want him to get elected., and will stop at nothing to ensure it. He threatens their evil plans. How many times have we heard them pressure him to endorse McCain, (you know if he would have given in, they would then offer him a peace offering like VP or something) I am so thankful he didn't-it shows me he is the real thing, and because of him, I can say, there are a few people still in office who truly have principles.

Whoever doesn't want to be a part of this ongoing revolution is not obligated to do so-we will understand if you drop out. There are those of us who determined months ago, when we saw how the GOP was continually treating our group, that we would keep working toward freedom, no matter what came of this election. I am truly thankful that Ron Paul came up with this plan to continue the revolution, he is still our leader, and we will succeed. Instead of focusing on the presidency issue, look at what has been accomplished this far-more and more people are waking up to the truth, and more are joining us in determination to restore our
country.

It won't do any good to keep belly-aching about things, either drop out, or make up your resolve to get back in there and start taking back our country. I can tell you one thing, I am staying in for the long haul-our freedom is worth it. The revolution continues!!!!

Another Post of the Year nomination, right there.

:)

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 03:42 PM
We really don't have time to be building movements. They always are undermined by the enemy, and fade away. I've been there with United We Stand and with the Buchanan Brigades. If that is your thing, enjoy; however, we need to elect a patriot NOW while we still have a sovereign and viable nation state--and that won't be for four more years, let alone long enough to build this CFL thing--especially if it winds up being controlled by the likes of Kent Snyder.

For those who are wondering how we can still win, please read the "Patriot Summit" thread, and the new thread about the "favorite son"strategy. Let me briefly summarize what is being proposed:

1. We get favorite son candidates appointed for every state at a Patriot Summit that includes a bare minimum of Barr, Baldwin and Paul. In some cases, the same candidate may be the favorite son in more than one state (let's say he or she lived for long period in 2 or 3 states, or went to college in another state, etc.)

2. We run infommericals getting everyone fired up about the patriot and constitutional credentials of the favorite son in their state. These infommericals are run A LOT prior to the election and are made BY THE FAVORITE SON CANDIDATE for the state where he has been chosen to run and his or her infommercials play only in that state(s).

3. Election day comes, and we are fortunate enough to receive the required 270 total electoral votes needed for the Presidency from adding together all of the favorite sons' electoral college vote totals.

4. The election goes (per the Constitution) to the House of Representative, but BEFORE IT EVEN GETS THERE, the favorite sons NOT CHOSEN AT THE PATRIOT SUMMIT AS THE PRESIDENT AND VICE-PRESIDENT yield their electoral votes to those candidates who were chosen.

5. We have something we've never had in our life times...a country of our own!

Am I being clear enough? Do I need to clarify anything further?

asheville4paul
06-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Steve

That's a sucky idea that will never work. You can not be serious.

SteveMartin
06-14-2008, 07:48 PM
a4p,

Glad you have perfect future vision. Cheers...

SteveMartin
06-29-2008, 12:53 PM
The following is the email exchange I had today (as promised) for your edification with someone who will only give his name as "Andrew" at the new CFL site. I am hopeful, but remain wary, as a result of this. (Read from bottom up to get it chronologically)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve, we're still working on the structure of the organization. More specifics will be announced in time.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:23 PM, mepatriot@juno.com <mepatriot@juno.com> wrote:

Steve,

Ron Paul is leading the organization. He and others he trusts are putting together teams to work on all the tasks laid out in the mission statement.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Volunteer - Campaign for Liberty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew,

Thanks for sort of identifying yourself, but this in no way answers my original email.

Please take the time to respond item by item.

Will Ron Paul be the President, CEO or CFO of the organization? If so, when will that be announced and reported to the government?

I am not trying to be divisive, I just need to know that if I (and those I work with here in Maine and across the country) are going to get involved in this THAT IT WILL NOT BE MISHANDLED in the grossly incompetent fashion that the Presidential campaign was mishandled.

For the Republic,

Steve Martin
207-532-3635

---------------------------------------------------

Ron Paul will be leading the organization.

Andrew

You could just start by answering my initial email that was sent the very day that this organization was announced.

It also would be helpful if you would identify yourself.

For the Republic,

Steve Martin

Ron Paul Meetup Coordinator #17,
Aroostook County, Maine

----------------------------------------------------

How can I help you sir?

Could you please respond to my initial email?

Steve Martin

constituent
06-29-2008, 03:30 PM
The following is the email exchange I had today (as promised) for your edification with someone who will only give his name as "Andrew" at the new CFL site. I am hopeful, but remain wary, as a result of this. (Read from bottom up to get it chronologically)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steve, we're still working on the structure of the organization. More specifics will be announced in time.

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:23 PM, mepatriot@juno.com <mepatriot@juno.com> wrote:

Steve,

Ron Paul is leading the organization. He and others he trusts are putting together teams to work on all the tasks laid out in the mission statement.

Sincerely,
Andrew
Volunteer - Campaign for Liberty

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andrew,

Thanks for sort of identifying yourself, but this in no way answers my original email.

Please take the time to respond item by item.

Will Ron Paul be the President, CEO or CFO of the organization? If so, when will that be announced and reported to the government?

I am not trying to be divisive, I just need to know that if I (and those I work with here in Maine and across the country) are going to get involved in this THAT IT WILL NOT BE MISHANDLED in the grossly incompetent fashion that the Presidential campaign was mishandled.

For the Republic,

Steve Martin
207-532-3635

Ron Paul will be leading the organization.

Andrew

You could just start by answering my initial email that was sent the very day that this organization was announced.

It also would be helpful if you would identify yourself.

For the Republic,

Steve Martin

Ron Paul Meetup Coordinator #17,
Aroostook County, Maine

How can I help you sir?

Could you please respond to my initial email?

Steve Martin

what kind of chump is volunteering?

SteveMartin
06-29-2008, 06:42 PM
No idea. You have everything I have.

jarofclay
06-29-2008, 07:27 PM
bump

humanic
06-29-2008, 07:29 PM

I'm seriously beginning to think "Doodahs" is some type of euphemism for excrement since "MsD" seems to post nothing but scatalogical references -- perhaps due to some type of fetish?

Regardless, I have never seen even a single post from this "MsD" that actually contributed ANYTHING of any substance to a thread, so one wonder how in the world such a person attained Moderator status. (Or is questioning that also subject one to getting banned. :eek: )

Not trying to make further waves here, but I too could do without her childish and inane antagonism in every thread.

MsD: this is not the first time I've seen this M.O. from you.

Step 1. Patronize people who are having an honest discussion in a thread without contributing anything worthwhile to said discussion.
Step 2. When called out childish attacks respond with lol's and smug one liners.
Step 3. Play role of victim and "defiantly" keep typing lol
Step 4. Somehow retain moderator status

LibertyEagle
06-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Not trying to make further waves here, but I too could do without her childish and inane antagonism in every thread.

Oh really? Looks like it to me.

If you have a problem with a decision made by a Moderator, feel free to discuss it with Josh and Bryan.

Roxi
06-29-2008, 07:40 PM
And you determined this how from his appearance? Did he have a negative "aqua-blue Aura" about him? Or perhaps his furniture was arranged incorrectly and gave off vibrations of negative "chi" energy in some horrid form of feng shui?

i think they were referring to the other 2,166 negative/slanderous/rediculous/shill/troll posts made by steve martin.... even the thread title is unproductive and gives new people or browsers the impression that Ron Paul supporters feel like we were had/setup..

he also chose to speak for "many,many active ron paul supporters" when instead he should have said "I feel like the campaign was handled poorly and i have heard others agree with me" not spoken for me.

do a search on his name... look at the posts hes made i don't think you will have a hard time figuring out what his MO is

MsDoodahs
06-29-2008, 07:40 PM

lol...

;)

humanic
06-29-2008, 07:55 PM

Yes, really. More often than not I bite my tongue when it comes to this kind of behavior in the interest of not making waves, but this time around I felt I had to say what needed to be said.

If you have a problem with a decision made by a Moderator, feel free to discuss it with Josh and Bryan.

I'd rather not, but if I have to, fine.

lol...

;)

You know I'm right.

MsDoodahs
06-29-2008, 08:06 PM
You know I'm right.

Nope...

One thing I do know now is that you have chosen to align yourself with those who do nothing but bitch and complain about whatever Dr. Paul tries to do.