PDA

View Full Version : A little fundraising competition?

aknappjr
08-25-2007, 07:51 PM
I love the smell of competition! I hope this email that I got actually raises MORE funds for RP2008!
BTW, anyone without a meetup group (yeah right) can help us out in Manhattan and donate here: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0050 Thanks!
We can't let this competition boil down to a few cities with large "alliances"!

I got this emai todayl:

"Dear Coalition Members & Friends:

The four state DE, PA, NJ and NY East Coast Alliance in support of the Greater
Philadelphia Meetup Group has thrust Greater Philadephia back into the lead
making it all the more likely that Ron Paul will be coming to Philadelphia soon.
If Avery Knapp's Manhattan+ group had joined with George Feeser, our PA
State Coordinator, as he and I had asked, Philadelphia would have been a
lock by now. But Greater Philadelphia is still in the lead. And if Ron Paul
is going to Philadelphia, you can be sure I will be there in support of our
friends.

Please follow the instructions below to contribute to this effort which ends
soon.

In Liberty,

Dr. Tom Stevens
New York Coordinator
Paul For President Coalition"

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:06 PM
https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0050

Ah nice - Thanks for the heads up - donated another chipshot for the general election. Competition is good!

Dear Ryan,

Thank you very much for your donation of $250.00 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Your confirmation number:
T21387-88255599

McDermit
08-25-2007, 08:31 PM
Alot of the PA groups had members in multiple groups anyway.. I was in the Philly group (along with 6 other PA groups and the NYC and Seattle groups) long before the contest ever started. For a lot of us, it would only make sense that we'd donate to Philly.

There are quite a few cities that formed "alliances" of sorts. The way I see it, it's better for the campaign. Our small group members wouldn't have been as motivated to donate otherwise. 5 members going up against groups of 600+... we'd have known we had no chance from the getgo. The pooling of donations gives us ALL a reason to donate.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:34 PM
The Pittsburgh guys are awesome! --- did a wonderful job at the rally. I even met a few of the Philadephia guys on the PA Turnpike when I drove to Pittsburgh for the rally.

The Manhattan+ Ron Paul NYC group headed by Avery really got me into Ron Paul so it's natural that I'd make my contributions (though trivial in size) to the Manhattan group----another TERRIFIC group of folks. Sequentially every event I have attended with them has been larger in size and scope.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:40 PM
It's pretty cool how now if you donate for the Meetup competition, your name immediately shows up on the website.

FluffyUnbound
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
You know something? I think this meetup group competition might be producing some pretty nice results for the campaign.

I copied and pasted the leaderboard into Excel, and if the #25 Meetup group on the board collected only $1, the top 25 as a whole have collected a minimum of over $46k. If the #25 Meetup group collected $2300 [a much more reasonable figure to appear on the board] the top 25 Meetup groups have collected over $100k so far.

And naturally more than 25 groups are participating.

If the regular fundraising is suffering because everyone is funneling their contributions through the competition, then I guess it's just a wash. But if that's not what's happening, the competition may actually reach a substantial percentage of the announced goal to supplement the fundraising already going on, and that frankly would kick five kinds of ass.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 09:05 PM
I'd be giddy and beside myself if the competition raised $500k, and if a group in Alaska received the visit, good for them!!!

jb4ronpaul
08-25-2007, 09:17 PM
It is frustrating to see Rudy fly into Buffalo and pick up $50,000 in bribes under the radar from the corporate elite in one night, while we struggle in our group just to come up with a couple thousand dollars. I wish we could come up with some ways to make significant money to donate. A lot of people have maxed out their finances already and can't donate anymore.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
Tell me about it. I'm donating from my home equity line.. lol.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 09:21 PM
The Buffalo folks should spend a few nights in the Anchor Bar with Ron Paul flyers wearing Ron Paul t-shirts and talk to people.

We are boned to some degree, in that a lot of the high networth folks go, "Noteriety=Electability=High Poll Numbers=Proper Message=Support=Power".

It sucks, but we need to edumacate these people.

bbachtung
08-25-2007, 11:39 PM
It is frustrating to see Rudy fly into Buffalo and pick up $50,000 in bribes under the radar from the corporate elite in one night, while we struggle in our group just to come up with a couple thousand dollars. I wish we could come up with some ways to make significant money to donate. A lot of people have maxed out their finances already and can't donate anymore.

Benito Giuliani could have a trillion dollars and the Pope's blessing and none of it would make him principled, honest, or conservative. Dr. Paul could have $27.43 and a primer-colored Pinto and he'd still be heads-and-shoulders above every other candidate.

Cowlesy
08-27-2007, 02:48 PM
I love the smell of competition! I hope this email that I got actually raises MORE funds for RP2008!
BTW, anyone without a meetup group (yeah right) can help us out in Manhattan and donate here: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/?c=MU0050 Thanks!
We can't let this competition boil down to a few cities with large "alliances"!

I got this email today:

"Dear Coalition Members & Friends:

The four state DE, PA, NJ and NY East Coast Alliance in support of the Greater
Philadelphia Meetup Group has thrust Greater Philadephia back into the lead
making it all the more likely that Ron Paul will be coming to Philadelphia soon.
If Avery Knapp's Manhattan+ group had joined with George Feeser, our PA
State Coordinator, as he and I had asked, Philadelphia would have been a
lock by now. But Greater Philadelphia is still in the lead. And if Ron Paul
is going to Philadelphia, you can be sure I will be there in support of our
friends.

Please follow the instructions below to contribute to this effort which ends
soon.

In Liberty,

Dr. Tom Stevens
New York Coordinator
Paul For President Coalition"

By looking at the meetup group standings now, it appears the Manhattan crew doesn't believe in alliances as mentioned above, and is trying to bring Ron Paul to the members who might not have the means to travel to Philadelphia unlike the other New York Meetup group. Way to go Manhattan+ Ron Paul NYC team!

Cowlesy
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
bumpity bump, bump.