PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Ends Campaign

Deborah K
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5056019&page=1

acptulsa
06-12-2008, 02:09 PM
Had to keep double-checking to see if that was the abc website. That is, I believe, far and away the most factual and least "spun" story I've ever seen them do on Dr. Paul or us.

B964
06-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Why not just hold on to the cash untill after the RNC?

Kludge
06-12-2008, 02:11 PM
Why not just hold on to the cash untill after the RNC?

No reason to let it devalue in a bank. There's sooooo much work that needs to be done, and now we can do it.

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 02:13 PM
No reason to let it devalue in a bank. There's sooooo much work that needs to be done, and now we can do it.

+2008

aspiringconstitutionalist
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
The campaign has now ended. The revolution has now just begun.

Raditude
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Ron Paul to End Campaign, Launches New Effort
Supporters Plot Shadow Convention, More Revolution
By Z. BYRON WOLF
June 12, 2008

Rep. Ron Paul's presidential campaign, a pugnacious, ideological crusade against big government and interventionist leanings in the Republican party, will officially end Thursday at a rally outside the Texas GOP's convention, ABC News has learned.

Paul told supporters back in March, in a video posted on his Web site, that he was "winding down" his campaign and planning a new phase to what he and fans call their "revolution."

The new phase of the revolution officially begins with a speech tonight in Houston and a Web video to be posted on his site, officially ending Paul's presidential campaign and freeing up the more than $4.7 million in campaign cash for investment in a new advocacy group, The Campaign for Liberty.

The new entity will be used to push a slate of libertarian-minded Republican candidates for public office in local districts nationwide, according to a description provided to ABC News by the Paul campaign. Paul also recently published a new book on his political philosophy, The Revolution: A Manifesto.

The Texas congressman's campaign to win the Republican nomination raised about $33 million in nine months, and he and his organizers hope to reignite that grassroots support for the new organization. They're setting a goal of raising $35 million over the next year.

Despite the dedication and moxie of Paul's supporters, maintaining that level of interest without the vehicle of Paul's presidential campaign could be difficult, especially given the frenetic, laissez faire interaction between Paul and his supporters through the presidential campaign. The congressman in many ways served as a figurehead, while independent actors drawn to his message did most of the organizing.

The Liberty Campaign is meant as a means for harnessing some of that energy and maintaining interest on a more micro level, by recruiting like-minded people to seek political office.

Paul, who is a medical doctor, is not ending his political career but will seek reelection to his congressional seat in Texas.

The Paul campaign itself was defined by a dedicated army of supporters, who organized independently of Paul, worked to explode "money bombs" to sustain his campaign coffers, rallied in the streets of primary states and even skirted campaign finance law to float a Ron Paul '08 blimp around much of the Eastern seabord earlier this year.

Not Getting on the McCain Bandwagon

For all the dash and creativity of Paul's supporters, his campaign never translated into large percentages of the primary vote.

Paul has repeatedly denied calls from supporters that he run for president as an independent this year. He argues that the American political system is weighted in favor of the two main political parties.

But while he is organizing his revolution within the Republican party, don't look for Paul to jump on the campaign trail with McCain.

"Although it is not his intention to hurt McCain," said Paul's campaign spokesman Jesse Benton, "he is very unlikely to endorse."

At the height of his campaign popularity, amid the early primaries and when he was raising more campaign money than any of the other Republicans, Paul made his mark at Republican debates, often sparring with McCain and former New York Governor Rudy Giuliani over foreign policy.

Paul was alone among Republican candidates calling for an end to the Iraq war and for American troops to be brought home from long-term international postings around the world.

McCain, perhaps the strongest backer of the Iraq war in Congress, has the polar opposite view. In an interview Wednesday on NBC's Today show, McCain told Matt Lauer it does not matter when American troops return en masse from Iraq as long as the number of American casualties drops.

Revolution Moves to Minnesota

The "Revolution" has a way to go before it turns the Republican party. First, it will have to get in the door.

McCain, after all, is the Republican nominee. And he'll be speaking center-stage at the national convention in Minneapolis. Organizers have not yet said whether Paul will get the opportunity to address the convention at all. And Paul is not holding his breath.

So the first official event sponsored by Paul's new Liberty Campaign will take place in Minneapolis, but decidedly outside the walls of the Republican National Convention in September.

Paul has rented Williams Arena at the University of Minnesota, which hold 11,000 seats, for September 2, smack in the middle of the Republican convention, which takes place at the Xcel Center.

He is also encouraging the delegates he won in the Republican primary — fewer than 50 — as well as Paul-leaning delegates committed to other candidates, to make their presence known at the Republican convention.

"Dr. Paul is still strongly encouraging them to take part in the GOP convention to influence the platform and represent the limited government wing of the Republican party," said Benton.

Michael Nystrom is such a delegate from Massachusetts. An independent web developer, Nystrom also runs the Web site www.dailypaul.com and was elected as an alternate Republican delegate.

And he's not alone. Nystrom speculates that close to half the delegates and alternates actually traveling from Massachusetts to the Republican convention are actually Paul supporters. And they plan to make their voices heard, even if the party won't allow Paul's to be.

"The main thing is that we can talk to other delegates and other alternate delegates and try to jawbone them about Ron Paul's message and the message of traditional Republican values," Nystrom said from his home in Massachusetts today.

And if the other delegates at the convention won't talk to him, Nystrom said he'll have a Ron Paul sign and Ron Paul stickers for all to see, unless party officials try to take those away at the door. Then, he says, he'll have to sneak them inside.

Nystrom and the other Paul-leaning Massachusetts delegates have had meetings to plot convention strategy and Nystrom said similar meetings are going on nationwide.

Technically pledged to support former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Nystrom said he was elected as a delegate by speaking out at a party delegate meeting. Nystrom did not mention Paul's name, "but I did mention his ideals, and I was elected."

He said this shows that Paul's ideals have resonance with Republican voters. "They are traditional Republican values, just not the values of the current Republican regime." Nystrom said.

"A lot of people feel alienated by this country, by this false left-right dichotomy," he said.

"We don't know about the political process in this country and its sad, I think, because the political process has been taken over by professionals," Nystrom said.

A bittersweet moment I guess.

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
You can digg the CFL here:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_s_Campaign_For_Liberty_The_Revolution_Con tinues

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 02:17 PM
more like starts campaign :)

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I have to agree..now we don't have to worry about all those campaign finance rules...we can really get going! TONES

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
I wonder if there will be local chapters? I want to start one in my county. TONES

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Local Chapters?? Great idea!!

John E
06-12-2008, 02:31 PM
good use of the remaining funds, I approve.

cien750hp
06-12-2008, 02:41 PM
for me, i don't think he would just drop out. i base this on him continuously saying over the past year or so "we will go to the convention" "we will be there in september" and that man is true to his word so i don't see him just dropping out to free up a few million dollars. the only thing i could see is him dropping out to say he has had enough of trying to change the republicans and he is running third party or independent.

hrdman2luv
06-12-2008, 02:45 PM
I will be at the freedom rally tonight to find out if this is true. I don't believe anything the media says anymore.
We have all been through this before. The media reporting that Ron Paul has dropped out. And turns out to be a lie. Besides.
Besides, his rally in St. Paul is already set in stone and there is no reason for him to drop out this close.
Reguardless of his chances. I will say this until after the convention:

:Ron Paul has a better chance of being the GOP nominee, than McCain has of being elected President"

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 02:48 PM
I wonder if there will be local chapters? I want to start one in my county. TONES

Yes, this is a grassroots org and depends on all of our active participation.

Be ready :D

qh4dotcom
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
ABCnews has no credibility...remember when they announced that Ron Paul was dropping out after the March 4 primaries?
They had to retract that article

LibertyIn08
06-12-2008, 02:49 PM
For the first time in the last few weeks, I am quite excited about the direction of this movement.

Big things are happening. :)

Drknows
06-12-2008, 02:52 PM
for me, i don't think he would just drop out. i base this on him continuously saying over the past year or so "we will go to the convention" "we will be there in september" and that man is true to his word so i don't see him just dropping out to free up a few million dollars. the only thing i could see is him dropping out to say he has had enough of trying to change the republicans and he is running third party or independent.

+1

yeah I don't think hes dropping out. Maybe he wants to announce a new continental congress? :D

Rangeley
06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
ABCnews has no credibility...remember when they announced that Ron Paul was dropping out after the March 4 primaries?
Not only that, it was also Z Byron Wolf.

devil21
06-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I think Im going to wait until the words come from RP's lips and not ABC. They were the ones who started the RP dropping out crap back months ago.
If he does officially end the campaign, Im not real clear why?? I think that defeats the purpose of the RNC rally since RP's campaign is offering a conservative choice for the GOP. Dropping out now takes the wind out of the sails for that event IMHO. Then there's the big wad of money they have been just sitting on. I really hope this isn't the truth....I dont get it.

Nirvikalpa
06-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't see why Ron Paul would drop out - we have the March planned, plus the rally at the Convention. So why now? He has stated numerous times that he is in it until his supporters are not - and as far as I can tell, we're still in it.

If this is true, then I have to say, I'm a bit pissed off. We worked so hard to get the few delegates we had to the Convention - people were sued, some were harassed, people broke into their houses, blah blah blah.

I don't want to give up... I want change now. I am only 19, I have a lifetime left of watching this Country fall to pieces. Ron Paul ending his campaign is one of them...

BagOfEyebrows
06-12-2008, 03:03 PM

that's pretty much my thinking on this, too - so I called the RP2008 campaign headquarters and asked why ABC would be 'leaking' this news, and asked if somebody had told ABC before telling us supporters... the gentleman on the phone said "I can neither confirm nor deny what ABC is reporting, I know there is going to be a big announcement and I'm anxious to hear what it is, too."

I let him know that I sure hope ABC didn't get the news before we did - because that goes against all the principles this grassroots effort was started upon. I can't see Ron Paul going against those principles - he has stated he plans to be at the convention, and has continued to gather delegates and many delegates are being educated on the true role of government and how this Republic was supposed to function. I can't see him bailing out on that chance, albeit just a chance, that his book or Ron Paul delegates talking with Romney/Huckabee/McCain delegates and changing minds along the way, along with a crumbling economy which always leads to people seeking out more info before voting... I can't see Ron Paul walking away from that chance unless he has a really, really logical, compassionate and phenomenal plan/reason for doing it.

Whatever happens, I've already made my commitment to those principles and local government for the decades to come, so nothing really changes on this end - it also doesn't matter to me if Ron Paul stays in the race or not at this point - I'm writing him in, no matter what he does or doesn't do.

I do hope, though, that he stays in the presidential race, simply because it's far more enjoyable to see the look on people's faces when they find out he's still in the race - and the questions that come once it dawns on them that the media they trusted has been misleading them about what's been going on in the Republican camp (among other things...)

AJ Antimony
06-12-2008, 03:04 PM
I don't see why Ron Paul would drop out - we have the March planned, plus the rally at the Convention. So why now? He has stated numerous times that he is in it until his supporters are not - and as far as I can tell, we're still in it.

If this is true, then I have to say, I'm a bit pissed off. We worked so hard to get the few delegates we had to the Convention - people were sued, some were harassed, people broke into their houses, blah blah blah.

I don't want to give up... I want change now. I am only 19, I have a lifetime left of watching this Country fall to pieces. Ron Paul ending his campaign is one of them...

I agree, but if you think about it nothing is really changing with this announcement.

1. He still will have his RNC delegates. They're not going to change their vote.
2. There are no more primary contests, so it's like not Romney dropping out right in the thick of things.
3. He still has not and will not endorse McCain.
4. He still urges Republicanism.
5. He still is calling for a rally in St. Paul so it's not like he's going away

The only thing that's different now as compared to yesterday is no more campaign finance laws! Everything else I think is going to stay the same...

Give me liberty
06-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Any chance in 2012?

I feel sad and angry that the sheeps voted for the fake war hero, qutoe (Why would you vote for McCain?) Voter (Because McCain Is War Hero)

:rolleyes:

AJ Antimony
06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Any chance in 2012?

I feel sad that sheeps voted for the fake war hero.

Don't feel sad... feel insulted! because many of your fellow Americans voted for him thinking he is the anti-war candidate!

Sandra
What about Nevada and Louisiana? They're still in limbo.

tonesforjonesbones
Well...I pretty much knew a couple of months ago Ron Paul wasn't going to make it and as far as I'm concerned things went from bad to worse with the GOP attacking Ron Paul supporters at the local executive committees. I see this as a POSITIVE step forward...our meet up group has been flatlined since the end of january...this is a motivation thing to me! TONES

CurtisLow
06-12-2008, 03:09 PM

ABC talking heads again......... :eek:

I hope RP surprises everyone. "I told everyone that I was not going to run third party. That's why tonight I will be running for the Constitutional party presidential nominee. :D

ItsTime
06-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Im glad it ended, now the real work can start.

CurtisLow
06-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Any chance in 2012?

I feel sad and angry that the sheeps voted for the fake war hero, qutoe (Why would you vote for McCain?) Voter (Because McCain Is War Hero)

:rolleyes:

lol
And Hillary is a woman :rolleyes:
Obama is a black man for change :confused:
McCain Is War Hero :eek:

Put them all together what do you get?
http://monroeanderson.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/06/three_stooges.jpg

Damn sheep!

Deborah K
06-12-2008, 03:19 PM
It's true people. Trust me on this. But you know what? It'll be okay. The movement will survive and Dr. Paul will still be a part of it. I don't like the idea of the campaign money being used for anything other than campaigning, for ethical reasons, but hey that's just me.

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 03:24 PM

I think I understand your feelings. AJ says a lot of good things in response below. This will speed change, if we all embrace it...

I agree, but if you think about it nothing is really changing with this announcement.

1. He still will have his RNC delegates. They're not going to change their vote.
2. There are no more primary contests, so it's like not Romney dropping out right in the thick of things.
3. He still has not and will not endorse McCain.
4. He still urges Republicanism.
5. He still is calling for a rally in St. Paul so it's not like he's going away

The only thing that's different now as compared to yesterday is no more campaign finance laws! Everything else I think is going to stay the same...

Thanks for a good summary

What about Nevada and Louisiana? They're still in limbo.

I believe they are in Limbo because the rumours of stealth tactics and dirty tricks from our side caused the GOP to circle the wagons and shut us out. In fact, I think the delusional people who were promoting such dirty tricks were prime players in our failure to secure five states, and that was probably the straw that broke the camels back.

Friggin dirty trick mongers :mad:

That, is now water under the bridge, however, and the next stage of the r3VOLution can begin, on our terms :D

LibertyCzar
06-12-2008, 03:25 PM

He is only suspending his campaign so he can hold on to his Delegates.

McCraK
06-12-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't believe it until i hear it from him..

hrdman2luv
06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
HQ not denying, pretty much says it all.

speciallyblend
06-12-2008, 03:36 PM
the movement will survive,but not in the republican party, get me to my courthouse , remove the scarlet letter from my name

Grandson of Liberty
06-12-2008, 03:37 PM
The campaign has now ended. The revolution has now just begun.

Indeed.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to Dr. Paul, along with you all, the members of this board and the RP supporters everywhere who together made history, and continue to work towards liberty. I salute you.

No1ButPaul08
06-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Im glad it ended, now the real work can start.

I agree, the illusion of RP still becoming President had to end sometime (not saying everyone subscribed to this). IMO the sooner the better.

d03boy
06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
--

wgadget
06-12-2008, 03:48 PM
It's true people. Trust me on this. But you know what? It'll be okay. The movement will survive and Dr. Paul will still be a part of it. I don't like the idea of the campaign money being used for anything other than campaigning, for ethical reasons, but hey that's just me.

Hey, hey, hey!

It's the CAMPAIGN for Liberty.

:D

speciallyblend
06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Hey, hey, hey!

It's the CAMPAIGN for Liberty.

:D

in the republican party?? isn't that a oxymoron , i hope he isn't dropping out of the race ,he doesn't need to drop out until sept 2nd.
i heard rumors he was dropping out ,is this the case?

Rhys
06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
I get the feeling it wont be him dropping out, but him announcing the convention.

i just don't think Byron would tell the truth either.

Bruno
06-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Will he be able to use a small portion of the campaign funds to help with the Operation St. Paul effort? A little could go a long way there.

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I would say a good portion is already paying for that effort. He had to rent that big hall and promote it etc. TONES

speciallyblend
06-12-2008, 03:54 PM
I get the feeling it wont be him dropping out, but him announcing the convention.

i just don't think Byron would tell the truth either.

he cannot drop out, he must stick it to these neo-cons until sept 2 and after, i just DO NOT BELIEVE HE IS DROPPING OUT, it has to be a lie, theres no need to drop out...

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 03:57 PM
eh...I hate to see people upset...I had my realization a couple of months ago. (and my good cry) Might as well accept it and lets be joyful for the new ..or continuing project! TONES

austinchick
06-12-2008, 04:02 PM
i am upset...I really hoped he'd stay till the end and have all his supporters right his name in the ballots

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I know...but he didn' t want to do a write in...i called the campaign for 2 months asking every week and the answer was always "no"...so I threw my energy to the Libertarian Party. TONES

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-12-2008, 04:13 PM
If Ron Paul is really dropping out, why? Why now? That's just giving McCain a coronation without any opposition at all. If he truly drops out now, I will believe the rumors floating around about political threats to him in Congress...

ronpaulhawaii
06-12-2008, 04:18 PM
he cannot drop out, he must stick it to these neo-cons until sept 2 and after, i just DO NOT BELIEVE HE IS DROPPING OUT, it has to be a lie, theres no need to drop out...

I think he has good reasons, the delegates can still do ANYTHING (within legal and ethical bounds), and they are all on track anyway. Indeed, this announcement may cause the GOP to drop its dirty tricks and we may end up with more of a floor presence. The main reason though, IMO- is in regards to FEC restrictions on moving the r3VOLution forward. We really have no time to waste.

I had an hour long talk with RP, one day in Texas, where we discussed "dropping" out. I took the side of the remaining states and the need to support/encourage those who are in the process. I think that time has passed now.

The delegates, who have been following RPs stratagy all along, have always understood the measure of success in a movement like this, they will understand the logic of this move and how it does not affect them in any negative way.

i am upset...I really hoped he'd stay till the end and have all his supporters right his name in the ballots

Most states do not allow write - ins. More to the point though; we have already won enough symbolic victories. Now, it is time to roll up our sleeves and save this country.

The time has come to act on these words. May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in a moment of great crisis, stood up to the politicians, the opinion-molders, and the establishment, and saved their country.

Join us, and be a part of it.

For liberty,
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/img/index/signature.jpg

Nirvikalpa
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm ok with it now. Whatever Ron Paul wants done, I will support him. :)

Thank you Ron! My first vote as an American went to him, and my last vote as an American will go towards another Liberty-minded individual, hopefully a long ways from now.

What a great way to start of my life as an Adult. :D

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 04:26 PM
To save this country we need someone like Ron Paul as president.

While we try to get low level politicians in office the USA will become a total police state.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
To save this country we need someone like Ron Paul as president.

While we try to get low level politicians in office the USA will become a total police state.

No way...we take down the foundations, first, then the empire will crumble ;)

FreedomProsperityPeace
06-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Wolf Blitzer announced on CNN that Ron Paul is suspending his campaign.

grizzums
06-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Most states do not allow write - ins.

Gotta love Washington state though...;) They do.

MRoCkEd
My first vote as an American went to him
Hey, same here!

SnappleLlama
Gotta love Washington state though...;) They do.

LOL...so does PA! w00t!

AlbemarleNC0003
06-12-2008, 04:35 PM
No way...we take down the foundations, first, then the empire will crumble ;)

For the thousands chopping at the branches of evil, one does more damage striking at the root.

Menthol Patch
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
The fact of the matter is that the root of the evil is deeper than we can strike at. Our only chance is to try and get some high level people in office that would have the power to make a significant difference. I don't think anything but a President or perhaps a Senator being significant at all.

IPSecure
06-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Once proud and full of passion, he fought the cause of man
Many people loved his courage, many followed his command

He changed the old into the new, and the course of things to come
And then one day they noticed he was gone.

At first it didn't matter, nobody seemed to care
They all became too busy to find him anywhere

But no one knew not even him, the problems he would find
On the day he journeyed deep into his mind

I close my eyes, I go far away
Away from this battlefield
In my dreams, well
Here I will enjoy it
Where innocence plays with all
The laughing children,
The kind who are crying right now.

A taste of freedom from the pain
Of everything here I see
Life is sweet but I took it all for granted

And now I don't know if I could even tell you
Just what we permit, we allow

Allow me to forget the life I've made my own,
I've held this nation in my hand, and yet it's not my home
Oh, allow me just one answer, and one reason why

Daydreams filled his nighttimes, and night-dreams filled his days
Confusion and uncertainty, a puzzled mind of haze

You thought he was so powerful, and set upon his ways
Well he left us all to follow through this maze

I heard the king was dying, I heard the king was dead,
And with him died the chronicles that no one ever read.

The closet's fully empty now, it's occupied by none,
I'll draw the drapes, now destiny is done.
(http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7194885277215445650)

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
This article made the front page of digg
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_to_End_Presidential_Campaign_Launches_New _Effort

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
This article made the front page of digg
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_to_End_Presidential_Campaign_Launches_New _Effort

awesome!

rodo1776
06-12-2008, 05:18 PM
The fact of the matter is that the root of the evil is deeper than we can strike at. Our only chance is to try and get some high level people in office that would have the power to make a significant difference. I don't think anything but a President or perhaps a Senator being significant at all.

While this would be great I think it is now painfully obvious that the grassroots does not have the candidates nor the campaign experience to win congressional races.

I hope I am wrong and BJ wins.

My sense is that to keep this going we need to support local candidates and work our way up.
Local races are more possible to win.

We keep sending thousands of dollars to congressional campaigns (not many left now though) when these dollars could have been spread around to good RP candidates running for local office that can win. sending 500,000K to Murray, Vern, and others that lost horribly could have gotten us 5K in 100 local races where the money would be the difference between winning and losing.

I hope the RP is going to giving some of the 4 million to these worthy candidates however if not then I urge everyone to hold off and give whatever you can to local candidates. that is what I plan to do.

What are we going to be looking for on November 4th? Wouldn't it be nice to have reports all over the country of mayors, state reps, state senators, city council members etc winning races and starting a base that we can grow and groom to then take higher office later when they have some experience.

Also what about gaining election campaign experience. We have no local candidates how do we get people the nitty gritty experience needed to win elections.

We are not going to do this with armed revolt. Lets do it at the ballot box.

Keep your money and give it to local candidates that can use it to win local elections.

Just MHO

yongrel
06-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Phase 2 will succeed or fail based on our efforts.

Well I dunno about the rest of y'all, but I'm ready to work my ass off.

JK/SEA
06-12-2008, 06:00 PM
We have to keep trying to get the message out.

Maybe we should be called the BADGER PARTY...lol!

devil21
06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
The more I think about this, the stranger it becomes. The timing just makes no sense at all?! Just days ago, the St. Paul rally was announced and that re-energized many supporters into thinking that RP was definitely in this till the end and would not bow to the GOP's coronation plans. The announcement garnered a modest (but huge, relatively speaking) media response to put Paul's name back into people's minds and let everyone know he was still here. Then just days later he's announcing he's ending the campaign? WHAT? That makes ZERO sense to me. Does anyone have any possible insight into the "why" of this very bizarre turn of events? Only thing I can think of is that someone got to RP after the St. Paul announcement. No other reason makes any sense to me.

ETA: It also turns the St. Paul rally into just a symbolic party for supporters that the media will completely ignore. There's no reason for them to cover it if RP isn't a candidate anymore. Im probably going to rethink my attendence. Glad I didnt book any non-refundable reservations!

Paulfan05
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Does this mean RP cant be at the republican convention?

yongrel
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Does this mean RP cant be at the republican convention?

No.

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 06:03 PM

hell yeah

Deborah K
06-12-2008, 06:04 PM

That's the spirit!! :)

DFF
06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I just read Ron's message on Campaign For Liberty.

This comment REALLY got my attention:

I’ll work with friends I respect to design materials for homeschoolers.

Wow! Ron's planning to unindoctrinate the indoctrinated!

enjerth
06-12-2008, 07:07 PM

hrdman2luv
06-13-2008, 10:37 AM
I was at the Houston Rally. I was there with my g/f and my two young kids. I was hanging onto every word. I let my mind drift from time to time thinking about something he just said. But then right back to listening to his speech.
Somewhere in the speech, he did it very quickly, and non-chalantly. It must have been just one of those moments where my mind was wondering. So I didn't catch it. After it was over, I talked to several people leaving the building and asked them if they heard him say something about dropping out. And no one said they heard him say it. So on the way home, I was txting my friends saying "he didn't drop out" & the media lied again.

And after a 3hr drive home, I logged on to his website..........................