PDA

View Full Version : Lew Rockwell's blog post about the end of the Ron Paul Presidential Campaign

OptionsTrader
06-12-2008, 01:53 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/

The Ron Paul Presidential Campaign Is Over
Posted by Lew Rockwell at 01:41 PM
But The Revolution Continues

Tonight, at a campagn rally adjacent to the Texas state Republican convention in Houston, he will thank all his donors and volunteers, and announce that he is closing down his presidential campaign, and is no longer a candidate for president.

But Ron will still hold his “counter-convention” in Minneapolis on September 2--where he will NOT endorse McCain--and continue his efforts to change the Republican party. He will also, more importantly, step up his educational work for Americans in all walks of life, and all ages from home schoolers to seniors, in the principles of freedom, peace, sound money, Austrian economics, and the free market. Ron’s special targets, as always, will be the warfare state, the Federal Reserve, and the income tax.

Ron will continue to speak on college campuses. And with his own TV studios in Arlington, VA, and Clute, TX, he will also be a frequent commentator on YouTube and many other venues about the outrages of the central government, and what to do about them. His book, The Revolution: A Manifesto (http://www.mises.org/store/Revolution-The-A-Manefesto-P481.aspx?AFID=14), remains on the bestseller list, and he is already working on his next one.

The financial and organizational successor to Ron’s presidential campaign is his Campaign for Liberty (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/).

IPSecure
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Cannot Dr. Paul just suspend his campaign?

Fox McCloud
06-12-2008, 01:58 PM
well, it sounds like it's true then :(

I wonder if he'll endorse anyone or just continue his campaigning?

Cowlesy
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
And with his own TV studios in Arlington, VA, and Clute, TX,

Interesting.

Aldanga
06-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Another book? Sweeeeeeet. Can't wait.

I'm definitely excited for the future. This is what had to be done. We have been in a cycle of stagnation and that is about to end right quick.

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 02:00 PM
Soo...we continue to march..ONWARD! TONES

Deborah K
06-12-2008, 02:01 PM
This is sad to me. He was our Rocky. And I am against the campaign donations being used for anything other than campaigning, ethically speaking.

Apparition
06-12-2008, 02:25 PM
This is sad to me. He was our Rocky. And I am against the campaign donations being used for anything other than campaigning, ethically speaking.

Rocky loses in the first movie.

MRoCkEd
06-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Rocky loses in the first movie.
The second movie is just beginning

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 02:28 PM
The money is going to continue our fight! What's a few bucks that are monopoly money anyway? LOL the jokes on the fed...we will get this charging forward now! TONES

newyearsrevolution08
06-12-2008, 02:34 PM
I am happy with this move myself, I love the education method versus political. As far as the donations go, they wasted millions that didn't accomplish as much as we would have hoped BUT if this last 4+ million can actually do something to EDUCATE the public then I am all for it.

I would be happier donating to something like this versus the official campaign anyways + we will odds are not have any "donation cap" which would be great for those who want to help out a little more then the max political donation allows.

Not sure on all that BUT either way, does this affect the march?

Oyate
06-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Not sure on all that BUT either way, does this affect the march?

Not directly. We will still march in DC. We have a fiduciary responsibility to use what funds we have collected for this purpose. We're not going to let anybody down who invested their time, money and expertise to make it happen.

Primbs
06-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Ron Paul said he wanted the march in a video. This is a chance for people to meet Ron Paul in a more relaxed situation and plan strategy for the future. So the march is on.

skyorbit
06-12-2008, 07:35 PM

Me too.

We would have gotten our 20% in South Dakota and perhaps Won Idaho if they'd spent just a fraction of that money in those states.

Tracy

PatriotOne
06-12-2008, 08:03 PM
And with his own TV studios in Arlington, VA, and Clute, TX,

Wha? He has TV studio's now?

garrettwombat
06-12-2008, 08:09 PM
:head explodes:

crazyfingers
06-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Wha? He has TV studio's now?

Apparently that's where some of the leftover campaign cash is going?

It sounds very promising to me. We can bypass the corporate media and preach the freedom message directly to the people.

Bruno
06-12-2008, 08:40 PM
I am happy with this move myself, I love the education method versus political. As far as the donations go, they wasted millions that didn't accomplish as much as we would have hoped BUT if this last 4+ million can actually do something to EDUCATE the public then I am all for it.

I would be happier donating to something like this versus the official campaign anyways + we will odds are not have any "donation cap" which would be great for those who want to help out a little more then the max political donation allows.

Well said!

I can understand disappointment, that is for sure. It is part of the grieving process. But after reading Lew's comments above about the future of this movement and what the money will be for, I am excited to donate time and money to it.
There's so much for everyone here to be proud of and this is just the end of Phase I. Grieve, Rejoice, Remember, Celebrate, and get ready to move on to the next stage! :D

Additionally, I think going out on top, on his terms, is a great way for him personally to be in charge of the end of his presidential campaign. He knows all his delegates will still fight to the bitter end at the convention, he is holding his own meeting in which he will announce all his plans to all the excited thousands that will be there to support him, and it will be onward and upward!

Matt Davidson
06-12-2008, 08:46 PM
I was really hoping for a mention of the redress of grievances...