PDA

View Full Version : Why don't we post Ron Paul in classified ads?

dude58677
08-25-2007, 07:47 PM
Could this work?

wgadget
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
How do you mean?

They're free on Craigslist.

dude58677
08-25-2007, 07:52 PM
I mean post in the New York Times under misc. or the wanted ads saying "Want Ron Paul for President".

specsaregood
08-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Could this work?

I've got one coming out next Thursday in 1million papers.
I have a previously unused/unpublicized website setup to track response.
I'll post the results...

Stacey S
08-25-2007, 07:59 PM
What newspaper and how much did it cost? What day did it run on and who designed the ad?

specsaregood
08-25-2007, 08:03 PM
What newspaper and how much did it cost? What day did it run on and who designed the ad?

It's nothing fancy. It is a classified ad in:
"Nationwide Newspapers will select 20 different cities to place your ad in nationwide, each with a circulation of 30,000 to 80,000. Great for test marketing your ads. We select 20 cities from a group of the hottest weekly American Classifieds(Thrifty Nickels), and other weeklies."

More Info here:
http://www.nationwideadvertising.com/natclasnet.html

I wrote it up, and placed it on a whim late at night after finding few extra bucks.
If it gets a decent response by my standards I'll probably spring for the bigger deal 14million papers. http://www.nationwideadvertising.com/natclasadnet1.html

danda
08-25-2007, 08:04 PM
I posted about this last week. ( Search "classified" to find it. ) I'm planning to start a website to help organize this effort soon.

But you don't need to wait for me, put an ad in your local classifieds already. And then report back here to inspire others! (err... I mean that as a request/suggestion, not an order.)

regards,

Nathan Hale
08-25-2007, 08:26 PM
It's nothing fancy. It is a classified ad in:
"Nationwide Newspapers will select 20 different cities to place your ad in nationwide, each with a circulation of 30,000 to 80,000. Great for test marketing your ads. We select 20 cities from a group of the hottest weekly American Classifieds(Thrifty Nickels), and other weeklies."

More Info here:
http://www.nationwideadvertising.com/natclasnet.html

I wrote it up, and placed it on a whim late at night after finding few extra bucks.
If it gets a decent response by my standards I'll probably spring for the bigger deal 14million papers. http://www.nationwideadvertising.com/natclasadnet1.html

Odds are you're getting placement in advertising periodicals. They're not bad, per se, but they're the "newspapers" you get for free that are 99% ads and 1% lame content. Better to place the ad yourself in your regional newspaper.

specsaregood
08-25-2007, 08:49 PM
Odds are you're getting placement in advertising periodicals. They're not bad, per se, but they're the "newspapers" you get for free that are 99% ads and 1% lame content. Better to place the ad yourself in your regional newspaper.

Indeed, but then again I have read the ads in many thrifty nickels over the years and lots of people do. It was inexpensive and may reach a completely different audience than the audience that RP's message has hit before. I'll report back any results...

themanhere
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
LOST : Dog named RON PAUL last seen on google

MsDoodahs
08-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Our small local paper publishes notices of various groups that are meeting FOR FREE.

I'm sure ours is not the ONLY paper that does this kind of free meetings listing.

Advertise your meetup meetings, and even if the ad doesn't generate any additional people at the meetup meeting, it gets the Ron Paul name out there AND it lets others in your area know that he does have local support.

:)

micahnelson
08-25-2007, 09:10 PM
Help Wanted: President of the United States
Must be able to follow simple guidelines (The Constitution). Job requires understanding of history, ability to work within a budget, and strong principles. No Lawyers, Please. Ron Paul strongly encouraged to apply. (www.RonPaul2008.com)
This is a 4 year contract with possible 4 year extension based on performance.

leipo
08-25-2007, 09:16 PM
Must be able to follow simple guidelines (The Constitution). Job requires understanding of history, ability to work within a budget, and strong principles. No Lawyers, Please. Ron Paul strongly encouraged to apply. (www.RonPaul2008.com)

Haha. That is brilliant!

deedles
08-25-2007, 09:53 PM

I LOVE IT! Funny and absolutely to the point. May I swipe that for some classifieds in my area? I also love the dog named Ron Paul, too.

Would you think adding the phone number of the campaign or something else for non-internet readers would be a good idea?

I'm looking for ways that non-internets can be reached and then pointed in a direction for more info...

Ideas anyone?

McDermit
08-25-2007, 10:02 PM
my local paper refused my RP ad. said i'd have to purchase regular ad space to do that. the bunch of buttheads.

inibo
08-25-2007, 10:19 PM
LOST : Dog named RON PAUL last seen on google

Sweet.

micahnelson
08-26-2007, 12:49 AM
I LOVE IT! Funny and absolutely to the point. May I swipe that for some classifieds in my area? I also love the dog named Ron Paul, too.

Would you think adding the phone number of the campaign or something else for non-internet readers would be a good idea?

I'm looking for ways that non-internets can be reached and then pointed in a direction for more info...

Ideas anyone?

go to town. do we have 1800ronpaul?

ronpaulhawaii
08-26-2007, 12:55 AM
Our small local paper publishes notices of various groups that are meeting FOR FREE.

I'm sure ours is not the ONLY paper that does this kind of free meetings listing.

Advertise your meetup meetings, and even if the ad doesn't generate any additional people at the meetup meeting, it gets the Ron Paul name out there AND it lets others in your area know that he does have local support.

:)

;)

Must be able to follow simple guidelines (The Constitution). Job requires understanding of history, ability to work within a budget, and strong principles. No Lawyers, Please. Ron Paul strongly encouraged to apply. (www.RonPaul2008.com (http://www.RonPaul2008.com))

:D

Cat may be more accurate than "dog"

:p

trispear
08-26-2007, 01:01 AM
Cat may be more accurate than "dog"

:pLost congress critter:p

I like the open job one and the simple:

Wanted:
Ron Paul For President

www.ronpaul2008.com

LizF
08-26-2007, 05:18 AM
Haha. That is brilliant!

Seconded...great! :)

ronpaulhawaii
08-26-2007, 08:53 AM
Lost congress critter:p

I like the open job one and the simple:

Wanted:
Ron Paul For President

www.ronpaul2008.com (http://www.ronpaul2008.com)

I like that, too

Thanks