PDA

View Full Version : Big news tonight?

TruthisTreason
06-12-2008, 12:43 PM
I received this email.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to send a quick note to all the Ron Paul Precinct Leaders in Kentucky to alert you that Ron Paul will be making a major anouncment concerning his campaign tonight.

I expect the campaign to send out information and a link so that everyone will be able to view the announcment via live stream over the internet.

phixion
06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh-oh, let the wild and wacky speculation begin. :p

Pete

Adam Smith
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I just got a similar email. It's supposed to happen tonight at 9 PM on the justintv website.

SwooshOU
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
Awesome...

phixion
06-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Can't be that big if the press aren't invited.

Probably just something to do with this convention he intends to hold with a message for his supporters, I guess.

Pete

Johnnybags
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
live, nothing else worth watching is on the tube.

newbitech
He's going to give back a portion of our campaign contributions.

dsentell
Probably just something to do with this convention he intends to hold with a message for his supporters, I guess.

That's my guess

B964
Yeah, I just got a similar email. It's supposed to happen tonight at 9 PM on the justintv website.

9:00pm central time.

JoshLowry
06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
Ice Cream Social!

Wooo

tangent4ronpaul
06-12-2008, 12:50 PM
I'm guessing it will be the official announcement of the convention in St. Paul, as the cats out of the bag now.

-n

Adam Smith
06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow. Everyone's so jaded and cynical. Is that a result of being let down a lot by the official campaign in the past?

I hope it's something big, personally.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 12:53 PM
YAY! I hope it's good news!!

phixion
06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
He's on CNN with Blitzer tomorrow on the situation room, probably to talk about tonights announcement I guess.

Pete

OptionsTrader
06-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I received this email.

Hello everyone!

I wanted to send a quick note to all the Ron Paul Precinct Leaders in Kentucky to alert you that Ron Paul will be making a major anouncment concerning his campaign tonight.

I expect the campaign to send out information and a link so that everyone will be able to view the announcment via live stream over the internet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5056019&page=1

phixion
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Wow. Everyone's so jaded and cynical. Is that a result of being let down a lot by the official campaign in the past?

I think we're all secretly hoping for the announcement of an independant ticket but we know it's just not happening. :)

Pete

dsentell
I think this makes me sad . . . .

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142477

Adam Smith
I read this on another thread:

Rep. Ron Paul's presidential campaign, which was a pugnacious, ideological crusade against big government and interventionist leanings in the Republican party, will officially end Thursday at a rally outside the Texas GOP's convention, ABC News has learned.

Paul told supporters back in March, in a video posted on his website, that he was "winding down" his campaign and planning a new phase to what he and fans call their "revolution."

The new phase of the revolution officially begins with a speech tonight in Houston and a web video to be posted on his website, officially ending Paul's presidential campaign and freeing up the more than $4.7 million in campaign cash for investment in a new advocacy group, The Campaign for Liberty.

The new entity will be used to push a slate of libertarian-minded Republican candidates for public office in local districts nationwide, according to a description provided to ABC News by the Paul campaign. Paul also recently published a new book on his political philosophy, The Revolution: A Manifesto.

Kludge
06-12-2008, 12:56 PM
OH MAH GAWD!!! IT'S THE BILLIONAIRE!!!!!

SnappleLlama
Well, he DID say he wasn't going to run as a third party candidate...

:(

RevolutionSD
I'll be waiting/watching with anticipation.

Does anyone think he may have changed his mind on running independent? The r3VOLution seems to have grown, even after seeing that we were not going to win the election, so maybe he'd like to capitalize on that momentum.

When Cavuto asked him about an indy run the other day, he did go back to his old "I have no plans at this time to do that" instead of the more recent, "no, I won't be doing that" answer.

Who knows?? :confused::D:confused::D

OptionsTrader
06-12-2008, 12:58 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5056019&page=1

Adam Smith
06-12-2008, 12:58 PM
OH MAH GAWD!!! IT'S THE BILLIONAIRE!!!!!

Hahahahaha!:p

phixion
06-12-2008, 12:59 PM
It's bitter-sweet. The campaign ends so that the revolution can begin.

Pete

BIG_J
Even if it is what is already reported; that in and of itself will be amazing.

TruthisTreason
Who is the source?

John Riley, a designated coordinator in your state, sent you this message from Ron Paul 2008 Grassroots HQ:

Hello everyone!

This will be the last message from me as the Kentucky State Coordinator of the Ron Paul 2008 campaign. I have enjoyed serving in this position and have had the opportunity to meet, get to know and to become friends with so many of you.

I'm of course not finished by any means and I look forward to meeting and working with everyone here in a new and different capacity and direction.

We have a lot of work to do and our efforts so far have just been the beginning. Please stay tuned and if you have any questions, concerns or comments please feel free to contact me.

My email address is jriley8609@msn.com
My Phone number is 502-477-5177

I appreciate your help and more importantly your willingness to become engaged in the political process that is necessary to "change" the direction our nation has been going in for far too long.

Get ready! The "Campaign for Liberty" will need you!

Yours Sincerely,
John Riley
955 Chatman Lane
Taylorsville, KY 40071

Ron Paul Grassroots HQ.

OptionsTrader
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
I might just cry a little at the ice cream social in Hoston tonight.

UtahApocalypse
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Hmmmm.... I know that somewhere I read the official announcement of the St. Paul Party was going to be Thursday with more details.

IF This really is the announcement to end the campaign then please everyone do NOT be disappointed. This really is a time to celebrate what we all have done, and learned in the past year. It is also the beginning of the next step, just as kids grow up and leave home.... Ron Paul has raised us up, and it is now time for us to move out and use what we have learned. By no means at all is this the end, it is really just the start of our next chapter.

A Toast and Cheers to ALL of you, it has been a amazing experience so far and I treasure my new found friends!!

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
*cries*

How are we going to survive the next four years?!

*cries some more*

SteveMartin
I bet Tom Foley carried his water effectively for the Trilateral Commission as ordered and got to Ron with their threats.

Ron Paul was threatened and will now officially end the campaign, is my guess.

If it's an announcement of an INDEPENDENT RUN (please don't use "3rd party" folks...there aren't any left he could be nominated for that he would run with) I will be ecstatic beyond belief, and hold out hope that there is still a chance for this nation. If not, there ain't.

Sorry to be so blunt, but there it is.

JaylieWoW
Hmmmm.... I know that somewhere I read the official announcement of the St. Paul Party was going to be Thursday with more details.

IF This really is the announcement to end the campaign then please everyone do NOT be disappointed. This really is a time to celebrate what we all have done, and learned in the past year. It is also the beginning of the next step, just as kids grow up and leave home.... Ron Paul has raised us up, and it is now time for us to move out and use what we have learned. By no means at all is this the end, it is really just the start of our next chapter.

A Toast and Cheers to ALL of you, it has been a amazing experience so far and I treasure my new found friends!!

QFT!!

TruthisTreason
06-12-2008, 01:04 PM

This is just the beginning~! Cheers.

Jeremy
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
He's doing it at the thing in Texas tonight and it's about his "convention" in MN.

pinkmandy
06-12-2008, 01:05 PM
Damn it. I'm not ready for that announcement. :(

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Same here! Somewhere in my subconscious, I still held out hope (obviously against all reason, since Dr. Paul said numerous times he wouldn't run Independent)....

...oh, man...I seriously fear for our future...

Kludge
06-12-2008, 01:07 PM
[retracted]

The Good Doctor
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah "The Shout" hear around the world! :D

It's bitter-sweet. The campaign ends so that the revolution can begin.

Pete

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 01:14 PM
www.americanfreepress.net

acptulsa
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Is our doctor magician enough to turn a disappointment into a springboard?

BKom
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
He is pulling out officially. And I would hope he'd have the decency to offer a pro-rated portion of all donations back to those who have donated. He promised to spend every penny on the campaign, and he needs to keep his word.

Many may not want their money back. Fine. But I'll certainly take mine and hand it to a RP Republican running in my state.

And if, on the other hand, he rolls the money into some sort of PAC, that will be expressly breaking the word he gave to everyone. Not a good way to leave the campaign.

Brian Kominsky
Clark County Nevada Coordinator
Ron Paul 2008

asgardshill
06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Evolution is not a bad thing. If I were a Tyrannosaurus Rex eating everything in sight and ruling all I surveyed, I certainly wouldn't wax nostalgic for that little early Cretaceous mud hole I crawled out of, except for the occasional drink of water.

crazyfingers
06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
He is pulling out officially. And I would hope he'd have the decency to offer a pro-rated portion of all donations back to those who have donated. He promised to spend every penny on the campaign, and he needs to keep his word.

Exactly when/where did he promise this? I'm not saying you're lying but it doesn't seem like something RP would say (since he is one to never speak in absolutes).

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 01:30 PM
I gave $$$ to Ron Paul, and I don't want it back.

OptionsTrader
06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I would hope he'd have the decency to offer a pro-rated portion of all donations back to those who have donated. He promised to spend every penny on the campaign, and he needs to keep his word.

Go slither your way back to the Hannity forums.

constituent
06-12-2008, 01:33 PM
Go slither yor way back to the Hannity forums.

for real.

Adam Smith
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM

Many may not want their money back. Fine. But I'll certainly take mine and hand it to a RP Republican running in my state.

And if, on the other hand, he rolls the money into some sort of PAC, that will be expressly breaking the word he gave to everyone. Not a good way to leave the campaign.

Brian Kominsky
Ron Paul 2008

I don't want any of the many thousands of my (official and unofficial) campaign fiat dollar donations back. I'm giving more. Today.:)

DFF
06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
This is awesome..and what's doubly great is that I'll be there (at the Hilton) to hear it live.

asgardshill
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM

Lee Kington, is that you?

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 01:36 PM
This is awesome..and what's doubly great is that I'll be there (at the Hilton) to hear it live.

Grrr!!

*jealousy consumes me*

:):):)

CopperheadNC
06-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Lee Kington, is that you?

The font would be MUCH larger, and most of it would be spelled wrong.

robert4rp08
06-12-2008, 01:38 PM

Brian Kominsky
Ron Paul 2008

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

I'd take my donations back to pay for going to the RNC. Seems hardly worth it now though :(

asgardshill
06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
The font would be MUCH larger, and most of it would be spelled wrong.

Touche'

(And you'd be able to smell the muscatel)

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 01:40 PM
If Kent Snyder has anything to do with whatever PAC this money is going into, we all SHOULD be livid. I don't want EVERY penny ever donated squandered.

Carole
06-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I hope he is not dropping out.

Surely it will be positive-not negative-news. :D

dsentell
06-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I hope he is not dropping out.

He still has events scheduled on his website for June 13th and 20th.

I hope he is not dropping out, too . . . hope . . . hope . . . hope

RevolutionSD
06-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Even if it is what is already reported; that in and of itself will be amazing.

Agreed.

mediahasyou
06-12-2008, 01:57 PM
Here's the link to view Ron Paul's speech live tonight:

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaul2008

10pm eastern

fr33domfightr
06-12-2008, 02:04 PM
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/

I'd take my donations back to pay for going to the RNC. Seems hardly worth it now though :(

Hey, why waste time, I already joined up!!!!!

Who's with me!?!?!?!?!?

Let's get this mutha rollin!!!!!!!!!!

Don't forget to email this address to all your friends and family. Let's show Ron the love and not only get him his 100K members, but let's shoot for some real numbers and get 1 Million!!!!!! For Starters!!!!!!!!

FF

tonesforjonesbones
06-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I joined also! This is GREAT! Ron Paul is still leading the charge! Hey...he could have just gone back to Texas ...but he DIDN"T ...he made a way for US! I am THRILLED my money is going into this worthwhile effort to continue our fight for LIBERTY! GO RON PAUL>>GOG OGOG OGOGOOOOO LOLLLL TONES (jumps up and down with red, white and blue pom poms!) Ron Paul is a KEEPER! LOL

Melissa
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I think this is exciting news as many of our conventions are over and I know my state has been looking for ways to go forward. I hope everyone signs up so we can stick together

Lovecraftian4Paul
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
The Sept. 2nd rally will definitely be worth it in Minneapolis. However, if Ron Paul is dropping out, it does make trying to oppose the neo-cons at the RNC much hazier. It's tough to oppose McCain "within the Republican Party" without an alternative to point to. I guess the campaigning for Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin begins in earnest tomorrow...unless Ron Paul shocks us all with a third party run in the next couple months.

BIG_J
06-12-2008, 02:19 PM
Steve Martin

I'm calling you out for being a total douche bag.

Seriously, all you do is criticize and annoy. Knock it off with the outlandish comments and threads.

SnappleLlama
06-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Steve Martin

I'm calling you out for being a total douche bag.

Seriously, all you do is criticize and annoy. Knock it off with the outlandish comments and threads.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=142501

MusoSpuso
06-12-2008, 02:22 PM

Brian Kominsky
Ron Paul 2008

Did I just step into the twilight zone? You do understand what is happening, no? Good grief.

JS4Pat
06-12-2008, 02:30 PM

What does everyone WISH the major announcement is?

Me?

I wish he would outine how corrupt and unfair his party has been to his campaign and then state because of this he is launching a plan to take back the party through the Republican Liberty Caucus. :D

He would go on to say that getting the party back is much more important than this year's presidential election.

SteveMartin
06-12-2008, 02:32 PM
Big J,

Stick it!

I've been in this campaign since last March, and have witnessed firsthand and repeatedly how it was intentional undermined from within. Don't want to hear that?? Simple...skip my posts.