PDA

View Full Version : Increasing Ron's campaign staff for free

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
I had an idea. Couldn't HQ expand the people that answer phones and email be people nationwide volunteers working out of their homes under approval and following HQ's guidelines? A program where HQ can listen in and monitor them. One would have to apply and pass just like all their other helpers. In this way HQ could expand as fast as the campaign grows and at no cost. And no one would get too burned out.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
I had an idea. Couldn't HQ expand the people that answer phones and email be people nationwide volunteers working out of their homes under approval and following HQ's guidelines? A program where HQ can listen in and monitor them. One would have to apply and pass just like all their other helpers. In this way HQ could expand as fast as the campaign grows and at no cost. And no one would get too burned out.

I think it's a good idea. Companies do it all the time. Why not suggest it to them?

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 07:54 PM
I think it's a good idea. Companies do it all the time. Why not suggest it to them?

I just sent them an email.

devil21
08-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I work from home so Id be game to handle some emails during down time. Sounds like a good idea to me. Pulling it off may be tougher with the technology involved though.

McDermit
08-25-2007, 08:37 PM
The problem seems to be that such a method would create vast opportunities for nefarious activity. Too much of a risk.

jj111
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
I guess there may be a morass of FEC regulations to deal with too.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
The problem seems to be that such a method would create vast opportunities for nefarious activity. Too much of a risk.

I agree. Too easy for folks to sign up and then start promoting their own agenda hitching it to Ron Paul's message. I'm against filtering free speech but I'm also about getting Ron Paul the maximum amount of votes possible. It's probably also impracticable that each supporter could appropriately direct inquiries to the appropriate person.

jj111
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I think the national campaign overall is doing a good job. For the most part they are not getting in the way of the network of activists. I think of the national campaign a little like I would think of a Federal gov't. They are best when they are small and limited in their scope. Let them collect millions, fly RP around, hire him personal protection, and help with campaign materials and advertising. I trust the grassroots, and Ron himself, to do the rest.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Ron Paul is truly a bad-ass with a heart of gold.

Green Mountain Boy
08-25-2007, 08:51 PM
bad-ass with a heart of gold.

That should be the campaign's new slogan!!

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 08:56 PM
I agree. Too easy for folks to sign up and then start promoting their own agenda hitching it to Ron Paul's message. I'm against filtering free speech but I'm also about getting Ron Paul the maximum amount of votes possible. It's probably also impracticable that each supporter could appropriately direct inquiries to the appropriate person.

I would assume they monitor their staff at HQ. That is easy to do by listening to phone calls and reading emails randomly.