PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Calling all Democratic RON PAUL Supporters!

nobody's_hero
06-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Okay, troops, I heard about this on Cavuto yesterday:

The democratic party is having the same fundamental problems as we are:

http://www.justsaynodeal.com/

The site is in relatively shoddy shape, sure, but this is a fairly new group, from what I understand.

In wake of Hillary's "suspension" of her campaign, tons, I say TONS, of Hillary supporters are down-right angry with their party's choice of nominee (Hmm . . . we have a lot in common, don't you think?). The kicker: Some are just so angry, that they are talking about voting McCain to spite Obama's presidential campaign. Now, granted, Hillary Clinton and Ron Paul couldn't be further apart on many issues (particularly the domestic issues), but for these millions of former Hillary supporters to vote for McCain? That would be the nail (in the nail) in the coffin for Ron Paul's campaign, and the message would be lost, as more media focus would be put on the squabble between McCain and Obama.

If you are a Democrat [or former Democrat] reading this thread and you support Ron Paul, this revolution NEEDS YOUR INPUT.

What drew you support Ron Paul?

What should we be saying to get these folks on our side?

Would Ron Paul dropping his association with the republican party, altogether, help draw more of the democrats who "just can't find it in their conscience to vote for a republican"?

It is my personal opinion that Ron Paul has not done enough to reach out across party lines and find a few of the people who are DINOs. We might have an untapped resource in our midst.

I will have the transcript from Cavuto's June 11, 2008 interview with a spokesperson of Just Say NO DEAL posted here as soon as I can find it.

Mister Grieves
06-12-2008, 09:59 AM
It couldn't hurt.

Hell, it might even permanently win some of them over to liberty once they seriously look into Ron Paul.

mczerone
06-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I was once in the Democrat Camp, when I was young.

I don't think there is anything superficial that can be done to attract more people that would still identify as a Democrat; what needs to be done is educate.

We need to Educate them, to show them how government largess, even when done with noble intentions, leads to exploitation and corruption.

Give them books to read to jump-start their thinking. Don't alter our message.

What is said in TR:AM should appeal to Democrats and Republicans alike, but the message must be imparted to everyone as a whole, not cherry-picked to draw in any particular "group".

acptulsa
06-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Tough sell as Clinton and McCain are such friends and have said so many nice things about each other. However, I suspect it can be done. Keys--most Democrats are anti-war, right now if not always. Most Democrats are more concerned about civil liberties than most Republicans. And, of course, states do the nanny thing far more efficiently than does D.C.

nobody's_hero
06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
This is the first time I have ever endorsed attacking the message of other candidates (I have always felt these efforts would be better explaining our own candidate's views), but I think we can basically stomp all over Obama's "Change" message.

Please share any videos you think will be most effective in winning over former Hillary supporters in this thread.

I did not make this video, but I think it is a great one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Fo7HIzomHg&feature=related

P.S. I'm still vigorously looking for that transcript from Cavuto's interviews yesterday.

Grandson of Liberty
06-12-2008, 10:37 AM
This effort will be wasted once McCain selects Hillary as his VP. :eek:

Just saying. I wouldn't rule it out.

AJ Antimony
06-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Democrats are certainly easier to attract to our message than Republicans.

The problem however is that these Hillary supporters don't want Obama to win. I bet they realize a vote for Barr actually helps Obama. If they really hate Obama's guts then they'll vote McCain.

BUT, these are American sheeple we're talking about who are fiercely loyal to their party. Give them a few months. Hillary supporters will be voting Democratic in November.

kigol
06-12-2008, 12:29 PM
wow

nobody's_hero
06-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Thought I'd offer an update.

I dug around for some anti-Obama (Pro-Hillary) democrat forums and found one: Pumaparty.com

Sadly, the general concensus seems to be that having Hillary supporters vote for McCain is going to put a serious hurting on Obama's shot at the presidency.

Politics makes strange bedfellows, I suppose. I tried to do what I could to get them not to vote for McCain, but unfortunately for us, it seems that he may be getting some unexpected reinforcements. :(

I must admit, that none of the replies to my post were rude in any way. I really did not expect any miracles, but I was very disappointed at how many democrats will be leaning toward McCain in November.

Here is my post:

http://pumaparty.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=184

I must ask that if any of you join Pumaparty Forums, please follow their rules and treat their members with the same level of respect which you would give them here at RonPaulForums. They seem to be battling with Obama "trolls."

I haven't posted anything at Pumaparty forums since this open letter to Hillary supporters. I'm firmly convinced that our uphill battle is taking place somewhere in the Himalayas. Nevertheless, this exploration into the democratic realm of politics has satisfied my curiosity.