06-12-2008, 09:02 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25117953/

+ 1000 For the Constitution. :D

RonPaulFanInGA
06-12-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.motherjones.com/mojoblog/mccain-angryu.jpg

CoreyBowen999
06-12-2008, 09:14 AM
A 5-4 vote.. As you can see, some of the justices said this would hurt the war?

IRO-bot
06-12-2008, 09:18 AM

That is odd. I can't find "except when it would hurt the war" in the constitution anywhere? I must have bad reading skills. :D

CoreyBowen999
06-12-2008, 09:19 AM
;;

angelatc
06-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Chief Justice John Roberts says the rule of law and the American people have lost out–and with this ruling, we “lose a bit more control over the conduct of this Nation’s foreign policy to unelected, politically unaccountable judges.

Am I the only one who sees the droll irony in this particular statement?

It is truly sad that the vote was so close.

HOLLYWOOD
06-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Like anything else in the "Political Arena" of the United State Roman Empire...

The harm has been done, the prisoners have already been tortured, the information seeking COVERT SWAT agents got their intelligence.

Just like politicians using MILLIONS in ILLEGAL Campaign contributions, AFTER they are elected into office...

"Oh, okay,
I didn't know,
I'm deeply sorry,
I'll return the funds"

but shouldn't they truly RERUN the election, since this is part of election fraud, etc?

Yeah, snowball's chance in HELL.

ALL BS... the SUPREME COURT (the 3rd branch of the corrupt U.S. government)

freelance
06-12-2008, 10:57 AM

Can ya guess which ones?

freelance
06-12-2008, 10:58 AM
That is odd. I can't find "except when it would hurt the war" in the constitution anywhere? I must have bad reading skills. :D

Perhaps you were part of No Child Left Behind? :eek:

IRO-bot
06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Perhaps you were part of No Child Left Behind? :eek:

Now that was funny. No, I am a little to old for that though.

acroso
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
I dissent!

The liberal activist are up to no good again. I am in favor of dissolving GITMO, but this case was pretty clear cut and foreigners definitely are not entitled to constitutional rights.

Maverick
06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
I dissent!

The liberal activist are up to no good again. I am in favor of dissolving GITMO, but this case was pretty clear cut and foreigners definitely are not entitled to constitutional rights.

Well, I don't know what jurisdiction they fall under, but they have to be under some jurisdiction somewhere. Maybe they aren't entitled to full rights under U.S. law, but on the other hand, they're certainly entitled to not be held in limbo for years with zero rights, no charges, and no way to contest.

Dorfsmith
06-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I dissent!

I was under the impression that if you piss off the government they can strip you of your citizenship and send you over there. In fact, I was under the impression that there were some American citizens there. Anybody know for sure?