PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Finding OSHA wasteful spending

mysticgeek
06-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Hey guys! I am hoping one of you could help me out. My friend and I got into an argument about OSHA (Occupational Safety Health Administration).

I told him that it is just another example of a worthless gov't bureaucracy which is not needed and should be abolished.

He thinks it is great that "someone is looking out for the workers".

Does anyone know of a good site or resource where I can point out the waste involved with OSHA? Not only the $$ but also the time consumed by business's to become compliant ... etc.

BTW ... my friend is not an RP supporter because "his ideas are too radical" :rolleyes:

Oh well ... everyday I teach him more and more about our message ... hopefully he will come around.

RSLudlum
06-11-2008, 11:51 PM
OSHA in collusion with insurance companies seriously hurts small businesses (which employs majority of US workers while at the same time keeping local economies viable) by imposing huge fees/fines...Without OSHA, each insurance company could come up with it's own set of stipulations for coverage more than likely leading to premiums more in tune to each business type. Without OSHA, the insured business's money that would've gone into inflated fees/fines could instead go into safer facilities or better skilled workers that would be less accident prone. In turn, production would be higher which leads to more capital for reinvestment and higher pay.

Sorry I have no source or site for this reasoning,,,,was just off the top of my head :p

Zippyjuan
06-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Who needs safe work places? Paying for workers injured on the job cuts into the company's profits. So does all that darn safety equipment they have to use. That employee still has one hand he can use. Get back to work!

RSLudlum
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Who needs safe work places? Paying for workers injured on the job cuts into the company's profits. So does all that darn safety equipment they have to use. That employee still has one hand he can use. Get back to work!

LOL..."Where theres' a whip, there's a way!!!" :p