PDA

View Full Version : Which government Departments would you keep?

Fox McCloud
06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Which government departments would you keep alive in the US Government?

for me:

-anything that's related to constitutional functions of government (there's only a couple of these)
-Department of Defense.

I can't really think of too many more than this.

Kludge
06-11-2008, 08:14 PM
I can't think of any worth defrauding and thieving from the American people for....

Edit: Keep the DoJ, Gov't Accountability Office, Treasury. Scrap the rest.

yongrel
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Treasury, Defense, State, Interior, Commerce, Justice, Health & Human Services (in a dramatically reduced role), and Veteran's Affairs.

I would also return the Department of Energy back to its original function as the Atomic Energy Commission, which would reduce its size and scope dramatically.

familydog
06-11-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm trying to think of the Departments that Ron Paul would keep.

-State
-Defense
-Justice
-Treasury

I haven't heard him say much on the Department of Veterans Affairs, but I can't imagine that it would be something he would try to get rid of right away. I'm not sure if he would go after the Department of Interior right away either. Kind of like he said about UNICEF where he thinks charity can do better, but it wouldn't be one of his targets in getting rid of it.

nate895
06-11-2008, 08:41 PM
I'd rename the Dept. of Defense the Dept. of War, because that's what it's supposed to be. The VA would become an agency within this department.

Other Exec. Dept. I'd keep:
-State
-Treasury
-Justice (though in a drastically reduced form, only prosecuting treason, espionage, and murder of Federal officials and military personnel)