PDA

View Full Version : If McCain dies, does Ron Paul get the nomination?

iflyboats
06-11-2008, 08:09 PM
If McCain had a stroke and died tomorrow, would RP get the nominaion since he's the only remaining candidate?

yongrel
06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Romney probably would, since he only suspended his campaign.

James Madison
06-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Yeah, pretty sure it would go to Romney.

Knightskye
06-11-2008, 08:12 PM
Romney probably would, since he only suspended his campaign.

Who would the GOP take more seriously, though?

jakedaniel
06-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Probably not, correct me if I'm wrong, but Huckabee and Romney never ENDED their campaigns, just SUSPENDED them. Hillary did the same thing. If anything were to happen, they'd just pick up where they left off

MRoCkEd
06-11-2008, 08:13 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:4IQmTyf3qrhKhM:http://www.wishful-thinking.info/logo.jpg

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 08:16 PM
We'd have a brokered convention because none of the 'suspended' campaigns have enough delegates, right?

Kludge
06-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Any of 'em would be an improvement. McCain and Giuliani were worst case scenarios IMO.

bucfish
06-11-2008, 08:21 PM
i think people would then rally behind RP cause he continued to fight!

nate895
06-11-2008, 08:37 PM
It would be a brokered convention. Huckabee and Romney virtually tied for second, and the others dropped out before they got many delegates at all. It would most likely take several ballots before a nominee would emerge. I'd say that the odds of RP winning the nomination in this scenario would be 10%. It would take some convincing on the part of our delegates, and hopefully there'd be a debate of some variety of debate to get the convention to rally behind Ron Paul, but the odds would still be long.

TurtleBurger
06-11-2008, 08:45 PM
John McCain died years ago. Some evil thing from the underworld is animating his body.

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 08:46 PM
At least they would have to let him speak, right???

MGreen
06-11-2008, 08:47 PM
10% chance is good enough for me. Let's get working, patriots!

(to the FBI and Secret Service: only kidding!)

FindLiberty
06-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Yep, McCain appears to be a ZOMBIE re-animated somehow, possibly under Hillary Clinton's spell.

Would the GOP invite RP to the convention in any case? They seem comfortable now that they are resigned to the inevitability of Obama becoming POTUS.

JK/SEA
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Evidence McCain has one foot in grave.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/11/mccain-admits-he-doesnt-k_n_106478.html

Biodemocracy
06-12-2008, 12:03 AM
John McCain died years ago. Some evil thing from the underworld is animating his body.

Hahaha priceless! :D

rathskeller
06-12-2008, 01:37 AM
If you want to try to convince others to take your political opinions seriously, you should really learn A LITTLE bit about how it works.

How man people are going to ask this question? Despite it being answered several times that NO...the fact that he is "the only one left" (which he isn't) means nothing.

Again...if you want to be considered children who are just in it for the "crown mentlaity" then by all means, continue to show the wolrd that you know absolutely NOTHING about how the political system works by asking ridiculous questions.

american.swan
06-12-2008, 01:40 AM
We'd have a brokered convention because none of the 'suspended' campaigns have enough delegates, right?

I think this is correct. If he has selected a VP it would probably go to him/her.

american.swan
06-12-2008, 01:48 AM
If you want to talk death of Presidential candidates, Bobby Kennedy and JFK were both in my opinion rather free. I have a feeling both of them and JFK Jr knew exactly what was going on and were not quiet about their not liking the powers that be.

I think like Reagan, if a Ron Paul GOP member were to win the nomination, 'they' would be very clear, accept our VP and get rich, or eat this rat poison. I think JFK Jr's death is far from clear that it was an "accident".

Danke
06-12-2008, 08:59 AM
If you want to try to convince others to take your political opinions seriously, you should really learn A LITTLE bit about how it works.

How man people are going to ask this question? Despite it being answered several times that NO...the fact that he is "the only one left" (which he isn't) means nothing.

Again...if you want to be considered children who are just in it for the "crown mentlaity" then by all means, continue to show the wolrd that you know absolutely NOTHING about how the political system works by asking ridiculous questions.

http://digilander.libero.it/stanleykubrick/shining/images/shining-jack.jpg

micahnelson
06-12-2008, 09:02 AM

Thats an obvious lie.

John McCain is not animate.

HOLLYWOOD
06-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Thats an obvious lie.

John McCain is not animate.

HeHe...

Then, why do we all get the impression we're watching a political 'Claymation Cartoon'? John McCain is an awful speaker and terrible teleprompter reader.

Just remember, Juan McLobbyist, is a Marionette, the public just can't see the; Liberal, Wealth, & Zionist strings being pulled on this Political Pig.

Kludge
06-12-2008, 11:33 AM
[retracted. Worse joke then USUAL]