PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for your donations!!!

Sematary
08-25-2007, 06:27 PM
We got the money we need for the event insurance (and a little bit more - we think). We still haven't gotten a final quote but we received a little bit more than we *think* we are going to need. Thanks again, all. You did a great job. We'll be spending the next week getting a website up and contacting various possible speakers. Michael Badnarik has already agreed to speak and we are working with the campaign to schedule Dr. Paul. That should happen this coming week. His campaign staff is extremely busy (and tired) but the discussions have already begun and people are on the ground who will be talking to Dr. Paul personally to make sure he understands what we are doing and why we are asking him to appear. I would think this will happen rather quickly. We'll keep you up to date.

gravesdav
08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
You're the man!

jmarinara
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Care to give the rest of us uninformed the skinny on what's going on here?

Also, if you're looking for speakers, you could try Michael Peroutka. He ran on the Constitution Party ticket in '04.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Care to give the rest of us uninformed the skinny on what's going on here?

Also, if you're looking for speakers, you could try Michael Peroutka. He ran on the Constitution Party ticket in '04.

go here for more info:

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=13884

jaybone
08-25-2007, 06:47 PM
Great job everybody.

I think meetup groups in surrounding states should try and put together some transportation, like a school bus.
I wonder if the good Dr. would consider attending a barbecue with the meetup group that brings in the most people? A little good natured competition...

Sematary
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
Great job everybody.

I think meetup groups in surrounding states should try and put together some transportation, like a school bus.
I wonder if the good Dr. would consider attending a barbecue with the meetup group that brings in the most people? A little good natured competition...

Why not just bring a few barbecues and food?

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Great job everybody.

New York City and surrounding area I am sure will either get a caravan of cars or even some buses to come down. Great work Sematary on getting through the initial steps. Keep fighting the good fight and let everyone on the board know what else is needed time or moneywise.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
New York City and surrounding area I am sure will either get a caravan of cars or even some buses to come down. Great work Sematary on getting through the initial steps. Keep fighting the good fight and let everyone on the board know what else is needed time or moneywise.

Once we have the website up we will pass along more info. We will need money to set up a stage and video/sound, etc...
It's going to be expensive but well worth the amount of media attention this will bring the campaign just two months prior to the first primaries.

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Once we have the website up we will pass along more info. We will need money to set up a stage and video/sound, etc...
It's going to be expensive but well worth the amount of media attention this will bring the campaign just two months prior to the first primaries.

The Philly/PA crew seem pretty good at raising cash, so I bet once you get the word out to the area and meetup groups, you'll be able to pull some funding. Perhaps other groups would want to sponsor the event to get their message out --- take it to the next level!

Sematary
08-25-2007, 07:42 PM
The Philly/PA crew seem pretty good at raising cash, so I bet once you get the word out to the area and meetup groups, you'll be able to pull some funding. Perhaps other groups would want to sponsor the event to get their message out --- take it to the next level!

Have no fear - we're working hard on this!

specsaregood
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM

I was thinking the same thing yesterday and forgot to post it. Since we have a past Libertarian Pres. candidate, it would be suiting to offer Peroutka a chance as well. Although he said nice things about Ron Paul, I do not think he has outright endorsed him. That would be a great venue for him to do so.

inibo
08-25-2007, 07:46 PM

It is my intention, starting with my next pay check, to send $100.00 to the Official Campaign and $100 for the Philly Rally every payday (every two weeks) till I max out my 2,300 and we pull this off. This is going to be history folks. Nothing like this has ever been done before.

Those of us among who have faith in such things should get on their knees every day and pray for good weather on Nov 10th. Me, I'm gonna be there if there is three feet of snow.

SJohnsson
08-25-2007, 08:32 PM
A few other ideas for possible speakers/entertainers:

Lew Rockwell
Judge Nap
Tucker
Drew Carey (apparently a libertarian)
Denis Leary

Also:
The singer of Blues Traveler is a supposed lib

We could really make this something big...especially with so much time to plan

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Someone needs to get Bruce Willis to understand he'd love Ron Paul, that the government does indeed suck, and that he should be a gratis headliner at this event to help improve our country.

silverhandorder
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Someone needs to get Bruce Willis to understand he'd love Ron Paul, that the government does indeed suck, and that he should be a gratis headliner at this event to help improve our country.

Bruce Willis is my fav actor if this happens that would be like double awesome.

tmg19103
08-25-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm working on a website for the Liberty Rally which will be for advertising, marketing and accepting donations. Right now, though, we should let all the Meetups compete through the end of the month for the Ron Paul visit in that contest.

Also, I'll be working to coordinate Meetups and might try and integrate that into the Liberty Rally website. The great thing about the site is that once the big Ron Paul blogs post about, it will be on Google and we all know how many people Google Ron Paul, so this should really generate a buzz, interest and activity.

Just remember this date to be in Philly: Sat. Nov. 10.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 09:59 PM
It is my intention, starting with my next pay check, to send $100.00 to the Official Campaign and $100 for the Philly Rally every payday (every two weeks) till I max out my 2,300 and we pull this off. This is going to be history folks. Nothing like this has ever been done before.

Those of us among who have faith in such things should get on their knees every day and pray for good weather on Nov 10th. Me, I'm gonna be there if there is three feet of snow.

We'll let you know when it's time to start helping with the setup costs. Send the money to the campaign until then, ok?
As for limits - there are none on grassroots stuff like this.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 10:00 PM

Lew Rockwell
Judge Nap
Tucker
Denis Leary

Also:

I have already sent out feelers to Judge Nap and Lew Rockwell. I think we'll be able to attract more speakers once RP commits.

tmg19103
08-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Tucker would be awesome. Once RP commits and the word spreads on the rally, I expect some rather well known people seeking free publicity will offer to speak.

guntherg16
08-25-2007, 10:10 PM

Lew Rockwell
Judge Nap
Tucker
Denis Leary

Also:

I'd like to add Patrick J. Buchanan to the potential roster of speakers.

inibo
08-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Judge Nap and Lew Rockwell

Be still my beating heart.

Sematary
08-25-2007, 11:14 PM
I'd like to add Patrick J. Buchanan to the potential roster of speakers.

I have been attempting to contact him. There was a thread about this and a vote of potential speakers. I think it got moved to general politics.