PDA

View Full Version : An Open Letter to Sean Hannity

J4ck
08-25-2007, 04:21 PM
Great and important letter, please digg it.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/tonso5.html

http://digg.com/political_opinion/An_Open_Letter_to_Sean_Hannity_2

Triton
08-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Great and important letter, please digg it.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig7/tonso5.html

http://digg.com/political_opinion/An_Open_Letter_to_Sean_Hannity_2Absolutely excellent essay. I have posted it on my forum and two other fora.

axiomata
08-25-2007, 05:29 PM
I would love to see a George Will piece on Paul.

bbachtung
08-25-2007, 05:32 PM
I didn't know that Sean Hannity read anything. He doesn't seem terribly intellectually curious.

johnrocks
08-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Absolutely excellent essay. I have posted it on my forum and two other fora.

I saw your post at Hannity and hope you didn't take offense but they just let us start posting Ron Paul thread a few weeks ago and they have a way of tricking people on getting them banned.

Triton
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I saw your post at Hannity and hope you didn't take offense but they just let us start posting Ron Paul thread a few weeks ago and they have a way of tricking people on getting them banned.Hehe they banned me... That's ok - it's the second time they've done it.

1000-points-of-fright
08-25-2007, 05:55 PM
I was gonna post something about a segment I saw on Hannity's America this afternoon. This seems as good a place as any.

In my defense, I was flipping around the news channels and came across a piece on the CIA and all the shitty things they've done. It just happened to be, surprisingly, Hannity's America.

Anyway, some guy is talking about all of the CIA's attempts to assassinate Castro in collusion with the Mob, spying on Domestic "radical" groups, drug/truth serum testing on federal prisoners, and secret interrogation prisons. Finally, Hannity's voice over comes on and says that as distasteful as these secret prisons are and considering the lack of intelligence assets on the ground, they are necessary and have resulted in information that has saved American lives.

Here's the best part... in closing, he says something to the effect that not having them would mean the decline of American Empire. I was stunned he actually said it. I've always known, but to actually here him say it was a surprise.

Triton
08-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Hehe they banned me... That's ok - it's the second time they've done it.Dirty b*stards deleted the link and locked the thread.

jmarinara
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
From the Letter:

Unlike the establishment’s candidates, Ron Paul is a freelancer running on three specific ideas:

1. The federal government must function within the strict guidelines of the Constitution. Yes!!!!!!!!

2. America should deconstruct its empire, withdraw our troops from around the world and reestablish a foreign policy based on nonintervention. Double Yes!!!!!!!

3. America should abolish the Federal Reserve Bank, eliminate fiat currency and return to hard money. HELL YES!!!!!!!

This is not a political agenda. This is not a party platform. It is a revolution. ((My new signature on these here forums))The entire ruling oligarchy would be swept away if these ideas were ever implemented. Every sentence, every word, every jot and tittle of this agenda is unacceptable, repellent and hateful to America’s ruling elite.

RJB
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
For Hannity, a conservative is not someone who believes in less federal intrusion, less taxes, smaller government, protection of the 2nd ammendment (or the rest of the constitution) or any of the numerous issues conservatives have stood for for years-- No a True conservative is for one thing and one thing only: Endless preemptive wars.

Triton
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
For Hannity, a conservative is not someone who believes in less federal intrusion, less taxes, smaller government, protection of the 2nd ammendment (or the rest of the constitution) or any of the numerous issues conservatives have stood for for years-- No a True conservative is for one thing and one thing only: Endless preemptive wars.He still believes that a conservative is the opposite of a Democrat.

RJB
08-26-2007, 09:16 AM
He still believes that a conservative is the opposite of a Democrat.

Well not really the opposite, but rather opposition. Although in his shallow way of thinking he may think they are opposites.