PDA

View Full Version : There Is Only One 'Ron Paul Republican'

Wolfgang Bohringer
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021476.html

June 11, 2008
There Is Only One 'Ron Paul Republican'
Posted by Lew Rockwell at June 11, 2008 09:21 AM

Let's face it, folks. There is only one Ron Paul. Indeed, he is unique in the entire history of American politics. So I take with a grain of salt all the claims of various pols to be Ron Paulians. Oh, we do have free will. It is possible for an eloquent and principled intellectual to be a brilliant campaigner, to reject the lure of Power, and to work untouched in corrupt DC for peace and freedom -- to be another Ron Paul, that is. But even Jefferson sold out, so I am not holding my breath. And note that it is long-term performance in office that will decide the question, not campaign blather.

For example, I do not join those mourning the loss of Amit Singh in Northern Virginia. This minor-league merchant of death, who brags of being a contractor for the NSA and the Pentagon, and of helping write the software for Total Information Awareness!, ran for the Republican nomination for congress as a Ron Paulian. Perhaps conservative conman Mark Ellmore, who beat Singh last night, is even worse. But thanks to performance in office, here is one thing we know for sure: the incumbent, Democrat Jim Moran, is not bad on the war.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 11:50 AM
Lew is wrong here. Amit is better than the Democrat who supports socialization. Amit had a job. He knows where he stands.

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Lew is wrong here. Amit is better than the Democrat who supports socialization. Amit had a job. He knows where he stands.

Please quote in that paragraph where Lew says the democrat is better than Amit.

crazyfingers
06-11-2008, 11:51 AM
I never got a clear answer on whether or not Amit supports the illegal NSA wiretapping, but if he does I'm glad he lost.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
Please quote in that paragraph where Lew says the democrat is better than Amit.

Listen, it's evident by the tone of the paragraph and the way he describes Amit that he prefers the Democrat. He basically puts him in the same league as the neoconservative only to say ,"Well hey, we have this Democrat that isn't too shabby, though."

So don't criticize me here. Anyone with some common sense can see Lew is portraying Amit like a dirty dog here. I think it's rude and disrespectful considering this man was going to fight for his freedoms. Maybe Lew should get off his ass and run himself.

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 12:03 PM
Listen, it's evident by the tone of the paragraph and the way he describes Amit that he prefers the Democrat. He basically puts him in the same league as the neoconservative only to say ,"Well hey, we have this Democrat that isn't too shabby, though."

So don't criticize me here. Anyone with some common sense can see Lew is portraying Amit like a dirty dog here. I think it's rude and disrespectful considering this man was going to fight for his freedoms. Maybe Lew should get off his ass and run himself.

LOL. You are a funny guy who needs to learn reading comprehension. Lew only mentions the incumbent ONCE. All he says is the incumbent, Democrat Jim Moran, is not bad on the war.

The only thing he says about Amit is that he didn't trust him. Never said he was good or bad. He just said there is no reason to cry about it.

:rolleyes:

Kludge
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
God forbid the day we start using the small-l word to describe "Ron Paul Republicans".

SLSteven
I do agree that there is really only one Ron Paul Republican. But if there is one there can be others in the future.

pinkmandy
Amit came to one of our meetup gatherings. He's VERY dedicated to the cause of freedom, inspired by Ron Paul, just like the rest of us. He stepped up, gave it his all and should be commended. He's young and I hope he comes back in 2 years. He's on the same learning curve we all are...cut him some slack. At least he tried.

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Amit came to one of our meetup gatherings. He's VERY dedicated to the cause of freedom, inspired by Ron Paul, just like the rest of us. He stepped up, gave it his all and should be commended. He's young and I hope he comes back in 2 years. He's on the same learning curve we all are...cut him some slack. At least he tried.

I agree somewhat.

I can't blame Lew though. This guy is kind of like Bob Barr. He worked for the NSA and other stuff, had a change of heart when he hear of Ron and ran. Cool. Great!! Hard to trust...maybe.

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 12:11 PM
I agree somewhat.

I can't blame Lew though. This guy is kind of like Bob Barr. He worked for the NSA and other stuff, had a change of heart when he hear of Ron and ran. Cool. Great!! Hard to trust...maybe.

That's true. But we have a long lifetime of Barr to figure out. Amit, not so much. He's a young guy and RP woke him up just like so many others, inspired him enough to do something he never imagined...running for Congress. Unlike Barr, he isn't a career politician so it's comparing apples and oranges.

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 12:13 PM
That's true. But we have a long lifetime of Barr to figure out. Amit, not so much. He's a young guy and RP woke him up just like so many others, inspired him enough to do something he never imagined...running for Congress. Unlike Barr, he isn't a career politician so it's comparing apples and oranges.

True enough to an extent. But it was the past that made them both suspect.

Anyways I hope Amit runs next time around. Keep working at it. I don't fully trust him but I would have voted for him.

acptulsa
06-11-2008, 12:15 PM

And it doesn't take a long review of the 434-1 votes in the House to see that there aren't a lot of Ron Pauls in the Congress now. So, we need new blood and the only way to get that is to take chances on the unproven.

I'm convinced that's what makes so many of us wish for a way to vote specifically for Dr. Paul for president.

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 12:27 PM
We need to have enough of the populace demanding limited government, constitutional, freedom-preserving candidates that their elected representative will not risk corruption.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 12:51 PM
I agree somewhat.

HE HAD A JOB TO DO. It's not like he was some insider dealing in scummy legislation. You're completely wrong. If you work for a corporation that is doing back room deals with the government are you responsible just because you work for them?

Give me a break. You want everyone to be as perfect as Ron Paul and it ain't gonna happen.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 12:53 PM
True enough to an extent. But it was the past that made them both suspect.

Anyways I hope Amit runs next time around. Keep working at it. I don't fully trust him but I would have voted for him.

How about you get off your butt and run if none of these candidates are good enough for you? How about Lew does it too. You can talk the talk but you can't walk the walk. I'm waiting for one of these hypocrites that speak so big to actually put up and do something.

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Ron Paul has excellent judgement and he endorsed Amit.

mrchubbs
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
This is why Lew, sometimes loses me. Admittedly it is a rare occurrence, though.

Enjoy.

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 01:30 PM
HE HAD A JOB TO DO. It's not like he was some insider dealing in scummy legislation. You're completely wrong. If you work for a corporation that is doing back room deals with the government are you responsible just because you work for them?

Give me a break. You want everyone to be as perfect as Ron Paul and it ain't gonna happen.

If I am involved directly in what that company does with the govt then yes I have a moral responsibility. If I was a true freedom lover, I wouldn't have done that job.

Why can't it happen? Why can't people stand on principle. It's not like Ron's past is perfect. He did get mixed up with racists. I don't hold that against him. He isn't racist and never voted that way.

Why would I want someone who would accept even a fraction of tryanny?

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 01:38 PM
If I am involved directly in what that company does with the govt then yes I have a moral responsibility. If I was a true freedom lover, I wouldn't have done that job.

Why can't it happen? Why can't people stand on principle. It's not like Ron's past is perfect. He did get mixed up with racists. I don't hold that against him. He isn't racist and never voted that way.

Why would I want someone who would accept even a fraction of tryanny?

You don't know what you're talking about. Quit while you're ahead....

newyearsrevolution08
06-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Ron Paul has excellent judgement and he endorsed Amit.

He also had some terrible official staffers who did nothing but hurt his campaign as well SO you never know what he knows 100% about. He is only one man and he can make mistakes even with endorsements.

If amit is a great guy or at least a "ron paul republican" in training then HOPEFULLY by the next election cycle he will be MORE on the side of the constitution rather then sliding towards the other route which it seems many think he already was on.

Only time will tell BUT any effort helping this cause is a worthy one to me, I do not see him as one of those lesser of two evils issues if he lasted but rather someone who is going "towards" the side of the constitution with a little help.

We can't always find a candidate with a 30 year perfect record like Ron Paul, these candidates might have things in their passed BUT there are some with ALOT in their passed that worry us indeed. All I hope is that in the end they end up on our side rather then working against us.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
He also had some terrible official staffers who did nothing but hurt his campaign as well SO you never know what he knows 100% about. He is only one man and he can make mistakes even with endorsements.

If amit is a great guy or at least a "ron paul republican" in training then HOPEFULLY by the next election cycle he will be MORE on the side of the constitution rather then sliding towards the other route which it seems many think he already was on.

Only time will tell BUT any effort helping this cause is a worthy one to me, I do not see him as one of those lesser of two evils issues if he lasted but rather someone who is going "towards" the side of the constitution with a little help.

We can't always find a candidate with a 30 year perfect record like Ron Paul, these candidates might have things in their passed BUT there are some with ALOT in their passed that worry us indeed. All I hope is that in the end they end up on our side rather then working against us.

Uh, he is on the side of the Constitution. A few wackos here, including Lew, think his job makes him a government spy and insider. It's all ridiculous.

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
I really liked one specific idea Amit discussed with us. It was an accountability idea where he wanted to keep his Congressional vote record on his website with an explanation beside each vote. He was hoping to set an example of transparent voting and following the Constitution. He was looking forward to working with and learning from Dr. Paul, I'm sad that he didn't get that chance.

We should be applauding people for trying- none of us could be perfect Ron Pauls. Amit was giving it his best shot, from a place in his heart, and I see no point in disparaging him based on assumptions. I wonder how many don't run because this is what they have to look forward to? From fellow supporters?

Badger Paul
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
If Lew thinks there's only "one" Ron Paul, then we might as well close up shop now because Ron Paul is 72 and isn't getting any younger.

We don't know Amit or any Ron Paaul candidate will turn out once elected tis' true. But we can we wait until the election happens first before we go shoot one of our own? Is that too much to ask? I think Lew is being brutally unfair.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I really liked one specific idea Amit discussed with us. It was an accountability idea where he wanted to keep his Congressional vote record on his website with an explanation beside each vote. He was hoping to set an example of transparent voting and following the Constitution. He was looking forward to working with and learning from Dr. Paul, I'm sad that he didn't get that chance.

We should be applauding people for trying- none of us could be perfect Ron Pauls. Amit was giving it his best shot, from a place in his heart, and I see no point in disparaging him based on assumptions. I wonder how many don't run because this is what they have to look forward to? From fellow supporters?

Couldn't agree with you more. Everyone who discredits him can only cast stones. He tried and came darn close and the only thing some people here can do is nit pick him for things that are pure opinions that stem from something they think is sinister. He was a software developer for this company, therefore he must be an insider, government thief, and liar. Some people here need to get their head out of their butt because they are the ones that prevent progress from happening. I'm sick of it. I want more resistance in the house and senate. I want to take my country back. They could have Ron Paul clones and they'd still find something to nit-pick!

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 01:58 PM
If Lew thinks there's only "one" Ron Paul, then we might as well close up shop now because Ron Paul is 72 and isn't getting any younger.

We don't know Amit or any Ron Paaul candidate will turn out once elected tis' true. But we can we wait until the election happens first before we go shoot one of our own? Is that too much to ask? I think Lew is being brutally unfair.

I agree. Like I said, he should get off his rump and run for office since he apparently has all the answers and can magically determine who is a good or bad candidate. In fact, who would like to shoot a few emails to him with me asking him to do just that?

Truth Warrior
06-11-2008, 02:00 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/021476.html

June 11, 2008
There Is Only One 'Ron Paul Republican'
Posted by Lew Rockwell at June 11, 2008 09:21 AM

Let's face it, folks. There is only one Ron Paul. Indeed, he is unique in the entire history of American politics. So I take with a grain of salt all the claims of various pols to be Ron Paulians. Oh, we do have free will. It is possible for an eloquent and principled intellectual to be a brilliant campaigner, to reject the lure of Power, and to work untouched in corrupt DC for peace and freedom -- to be another Ron Paul, that is. But even Jefferson sold out, so I am not holding my breath. And note that it is long-term performance in office that will decide the question, not campaign blather.

For example, I do not join those mourning the loss of Amit Singh in Northern Virginia. This minor-league merchant of death, who brags of being a contractor for the NSA and the Pentagon, and of helping write the software for Total Information Awareness!, ran for the Republican nomination for congress as a Ron Paulian. Perhaps conservative conman Mark Ellmore, who beat Singh last night, is even worse. But thanks to performance in office, here is one thing we know for sure: the incumbent, Democrat Jim Moran, is not bad on the war.
+ a bunch

Thanks! :)

IRO-bot
06-11-2008, 02:16 PM
I agree. Like I said, he should get off his rump and run for office since he apparently has all the answers and can magically determine who is a good or bad candidate. In fact, who would like to shoot a few emails to him with me asking him to do just that?

Quit while you're behind. Even if Lew ran, he'd be libertarian. The system is so biased he wouldn't win. Besides, if people loved freedom so much then Ron would have run. It's hard to win. Besides he has done a billion more than you have to advance the cause of freedom.

rockandrollsouls
06-11-2008, 04:50 PM
Quit while you're behind. Even if Lew ran, he'd be libertarian. The system is so biased he wouldn't win. Besides, if people loved freedom so much then Ron would have run. It's hard to win. Besides he has done a billion more than you have to advance the cause of freedom.

I'm asking you and him to step up. If these candidates aren't good enough for you or him how about you both put your money where your mouth is and try for office instead of sitting behind a computer criticizing everyone who spend their own time and money to make a difference in this country.

And since when are you the spokesman for Ron? People do love freedom, and we are all working very hard, and that includes the candidates who you've rudely and unjustly shot down.

I'll donate to Amit, BJ, and Murray and do my part. I'll keep spreading the message. All you can do is say "He's not good enough," sit behind your computer, and act holier than thou. Give me a break. Up yours to you and Lew. If you're not happy go and make a change. I'm getting sick of this.

Let's all take the wise words of IRO-BOT. If you aren't sure you'll win, don't even bother!

IRO-bot
06-12-2008, 06:11 AM
I'm asking you and him to step up. If these candidates aren't good enough for you or him how about you both put your money where your mouth is and try for office instead of sitting behind a computer criticizing everyone who spend their own time and money to make a difference in this country.

And since when are you the spokesman for Ron? People do love freedom, and we are all working very hard, and that includes the candidates who you've rudely and unjustly shot down.

I'll donate to Amit, BJ, and Murray and do my part. I'll keep spreading the message. All you can do is say "He's not good enough," sit behind your computer, and act holier than thou. Give me a break. Up yours to you and Lew. If you're not happy go and make a change. I'm getting sick of this.

Let's all take the wise words of IRO-BOT. If you aren't sure you'll win, don't even bother!

You are a dumbass.....

Please go through my posts and quote where I said Amit is not good enough. Oh yeah you can't. I didn't say it. I merely pointed out that Lew wasn't trustfull of him because of his past.
I donated to BJ, Murray, and Ron. I did my part. I canvassed for Ron.
Where did I claim to be a spokeman for Ron. Again I didn't. Quit acting like a child.

Not to mention, if you even bother to read and comprehend things. I said I would have voted for Amit. I merely stated that Lew was DISTRUSTFUL of him because of his past.

NOT like Murray who's never been elected and yet has a great past you can look at and trust.

LibertyEagle
06-12-2008, 06:27 AM
C'mon guys.... remember that we're on the same side here. :)

IRO-bot
06-12-2008, 06:32 AM
C'mon guys.... remember that we're on the same side here. :)

Sorry. This guy just upset me. I apologize for getting angry.

OceanMachine7
06-12-2008, 06:43 AM
Listen guys, a lot of times when you're young, and especially in the economy we're in now, you don't have a whole lot of choice over who's offering you jobs. Absent any other real evidence, just because you have to make a living doesn't mean you're untrustworthy, or suspicious, or shady.

IRO-bot
06-12-2008, 07:08 AM
Listen guys, a lot of times when you're young, and especially in the economy we're in now, you don't have a whole lot of choice over who's offering you jobs. Absent any other real evidence, just because you have to make a living doesn't mean you're untrustworthy, or suspicious, or shady.

You are correct. But it doesn't mean I have to completely trust him either. Like I said, had I lived in his district I would have voted for him.

tekkierich
06-12-2008, 07:50 AM

That is a great idea ;-). I am already doing this on my campaign website, www.richardmatthews.org/vote

I have been lacking on explanations for everything at this point only do to lack of time. I am however voting on every non-procedural bill in congress.