PDA

View Full Version : High Fuel Costs Could Spur a New Rationalism

mconder
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Please read and comment on this disturbing article. This guy is clearly a rabid Marxist. Perhaps he should change his tag line to the Naked Communist instead of the Naked Economist. Did he actually suggest "taxing behaviors that we would prefer to discourage...?" Who the hell is we? I thought that we the people were the government. I seriously doubt that we want to tax ourselves on things we like to do.

http://finance.yahoo.com/expert/article/economist/86938

Kludge
06-11-2008, 11:18 AM
Ahhh.... an enlightened one. Surely he will tell the government what to tell us in a manner best suited to our self-interests!

We must be grateful that these humanitarians are willing to think for us, for their thoughts are of only the highest quality.

acptulsa
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, he may be basically just wrong, but I do think there will be a new rationalism (in which case we are timely in honing our educational abilities). I also think the oil companies are doing a fine job of "taxing behaviors", don't you?

mconder
06-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Well, he may be basically just wrong, but I do think there will be a new rationalism (in which case we are timely in honing our educational abilities). I also think the oil companies are doing a fine job of "taxing behaviors", don't you?

I think he was saying that oil companies are a bit late and that he and his friends could have better furthered their plans on their Marxists agenda had they taxed oil years ago.

mconder
06-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Oh...and another thing!! Why should I get taxed at a higher rate for using more carbon? I do more for society than the average welfare case in a big city. You should tax them higher for being lazy and unproductive.

Andrew-Austin
06-11-2008, 11:59 AM
I do more for society than the average welfare case in a big city. You should tax them higher for being lazy and unproductive.

"Hey Bob heres a check from the government for doing nothing, oh wait we have to tax that money right back from you since your so lazy and everything."

lol

Kludge
06-11-2008, 12:00 PM
"Hey Bob heres a check from the government for doing nothing, oh wait we have to tax that money right back from you since your so lazy and everything."

lol

I hope they film it and show it on T.V. so I can watch their reactions.... MUUAAAAhahahahahaha!