PDA

View Full Version : Modified the 2nd page of FF flyer.

born2drv
08-25-2007, 03:45 PM
I took out the "really bad" pictures of Hillary and Rudy, and just put "less then favorable" pictures for everyone ;) (except Ron of course!)

http://www.born2drv.com/albums/misc/candidates1.gif

You guys think that's better? I couldn't bring myself to put in an attractive picture of hillary or rudy.

DjLoTi
08-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Yah I think it's better :)

paulaholic
08-25-2007, 03:52 PM
Much better! But Obama's first name is misspelled and there's a typo in the CFR column.

Great job!

McDermit
08-25-2007, 03:53 PM
The pic of RP looks out of place now though.

maybe grab one from corbis or flickr with a more natural background?

born2drv
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
I had a hard time finding a nice high quality res pic of him with a flag background? Can you recommend one?

0zzy
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Where they all lawyers?
Has obama continued to get special interest money from special interest groups?
Why are we happy that we don't get good media coverage?
What has obama flip flopped on?
did obama even vote for patriot act?
etc
etc.

Razmear
08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
You might want to tie Romney to Bain Capital in the funding section, Bain also just bought out Clear Channel.
And if your calling Mitt Willard, which I like, you might as well call Rudy Rudolf (I'd prefer Adolf, but that might be pushing it a bit).

Great job,
eb

max
08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Where they all lawyers?
Has obama continued to get special interest money from special interest groups?
Why are we happy that we don't get good media coverage?
What has obama flip flopped on?
did obama even vote for patriot act?
etc
etc.

Yes...all have law degress, and most people dont like lawyers.

Yes...Obama is getting money from AIPAC (the worst lobby of all) and others

Media coverage...GOOD CATCH! Shit...that needs to be a frowning face not a smily!

Flip Flop...Obama says he is anti-war but also says he wwould bomb Iran and Pakistan...Those two positions are incompatible

Patriot...No. He wasnt around..The flyer says he supports it (meaning he would not repeal it if elected)

transistor
08-25-2007, 04:48 PM
looks better... i'd lose the smilie faces though

paulaholic
08-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Another minor thing, Hillary is listed as "D-AK/NY" - AK is Alaska's abbreviation, Arkansas is AR.

SWATH
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
How about you add John Edwards to balance it out.

max
08-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Another minor thing, Hillary is listed as "D-AK/NY" - AK is Alaska's abbreviation, Arkansas is AR.

good catch!

richard1984
08-25-2007, 06:26 PM
The pic of RP looks out of place now though.

maybe grab one from corbis or flickr with a more natural background?

Of course, his voting record looks out of place, too--but in a good way! :D I think that the flag background works. It's a pro-Ron Paul chart/flyer, so we should try to make him look as good as possible. The only thing better would be to include the Constitution in the image, too--like half flag, half Constitution. But it's whatever. He still comes out looking clean and shiny, in contrast to the other corrupt, dirty, lying candidates.

Of course, I didn't mind the original pictures...but I do understand.... :rolleyes: ;)

richard1984
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Oh yeah, and that picture of Fred Thompson reminds me of my first roommate in college (except that he had blonde Bozo the clown hair). He was a largely untreated (except for the occasional tranquilizers they would give him when he would have his severe panic attacks--he thought everyone he walked by was screaming at him and threatening him) paranoid-schizophrenic, and he was also bi-sexual and ended up asking me to "fool around" one night.... Needless to say, I got the hell out of there! Geez that was disturbing.... Anyway, just thought I'd say that.

born2drv
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh yeah, and that picture of Fred Thompson reminds me of my first roommate in college (except that he had blonde Bozo the clown hair). He was a largely untreated (except for the occasional tranquilizers they would give him when he would have his severe panic attacks--he thought everyone he walked by was screaming at him and threatening him) paranoid-schizophrenic, and he was also bi-sexual and ended up asking me to "fool around" one night.... Needless to say, I got the hell out of there! Geez that was disturbing.... Anyway, just thought I'd say that.

every pic i see of FT is with that serious look on his face like he's the toughest guy on earth, the guy is the biggest chimp of them all and people don't even realize....

anyhow enough of my little rant ;) .... i think the pics are non-flattering definitely, but shouldn't insult anyone i don't think

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
I had a hard time finding a nice high quality res pic of him with a flag background? Can you recommend one?

I found this at MySpace for Ron Paul. Maybe someone can photoshop out the the words?

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/9730/20070825172525am3.jpg

born2drv
08-25-2007, 06:37 PM
ah i like that one, i'll get on it right now ;)

born2drv
08-25-2007, 07:03 PM
OK well I changed a few of the corrections you guys pointed out.... I also changed the last point, I thought it would be better to end on a positive with a smiley face, so I put Ron Paul as the last honest politician in washigton.

If there's any other suggestions please let me know.

http://www.born2drv.com/albums/misc/candidates3_sm.gif

born2drv
08-25-2007, 07:05 PM
You might want to tie Romney to Bain Capital in the funding section, Bain also just bought out Clear Channel.
And if your calling Mitt Willard, which I like, you might as well call Rudy Rudolf (I'd prefer Adolf, but that might be pushing it a bit).

Great job,
eb

What should be the sub-caption for this?

"Romney tied to big money
firms like Bain Capital"

DeadheadForPaul
08-25-2007, 07:25 PM
Question: Does Obama really support the Patriot Act/spying? I havent heard that yet - musta missed it

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
What should be the sub-caption for this?

"Romney tied to big money
firms like Bain Capital"

I don't think many people would know about Bain. born2 could you put the photo shopped pic of Paul back on this thread as large as the one I put here. I would like to use it. Thanks

I'm glad you are perfecting this flyer.

born2drv
08-25-2007, 07:30 PM
I don't think many people would know about Bain. born2 could you put the photo shopped pic of Paul back on this thread as large as the one I put here. I would like to use it. Thanks

I'm glad you are perfecting this flyer.

here you go

http://www.born2drv.com/albums/misc/ron.jpg

here's another pic, i took out some of the "redness" from his nose LOL

http://www.born2drv.com/albums/misc/ron2.jpg

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Ron Paul has a better pict than that. Grab one off Flick, like this one
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/192/493885241_174cb9220a_t.jpg

born2drv
08-25-2007, 07:36 PM

i like this one though, with the flag, i think he looks a lot more presidential!

paulaholic
08-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Yeah. I like the one that being used now because he doesn't have any eye baggage.

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 07:45 PM
Thanks, looks great

Wyurm
08-25-2007, 08:22 PM

He looks like Alphalfa in that one with the little tuft of hair sticking up. lol, sorry, not to pick on it, but it was the first thing I saw.

Edit, it actually looks as though it might be the background, but it still looks like a tuft of hair.

jj111
08-25-2007, 08:39 PM
1. I would change "supports" Patriot Act, which I don't think is fair for Obama since he never voted for it, and never said he supports it, to "calls for repeal of" Patriot Act, which is more honest, in that Obama has never called for repeal of it, nor have any of the other candidates except Ron Paul.

2. How do you know Obama is a member of the CFR? When did he join? What is your source of info and a link? I have heard people allege this, and seen no proof. Same with Hillary, Fred, Mitt, Rudy.... Some may have spoken to CFR and been published by CFR, but where is proof they are all members?

3. It is important that all the facts be 100% accurate. Otherwise such documents are ripped apart by the opposition.

4. Here is my latest version of a chart to show to liberals and Democrats. I don't know how accurate mine is, I would like feedback regarding your impressions and if there are any inaccuracies.

http://files.meetup.com/496508/Democrats%20for%20Ron%20Paul%20Flyer%209%283%29.do c

Politeia
08-25-2007, 09:33 PM
I like this idea; will it be downloadable somewhere when done?

Hillary has two l's. And why link her to Arkansas? Do the Clintons still have official ties to that state? She's an Illinois native, I believe? And known now as NY Senator.

1. I would change "supports" Patriot Act, which I don't think is fair for Obama since he never voted for it, and never said he supports it, to "calls for repeal of" Patriot Act, which is more honest, in that Obama has never called for repeal of it, nor have any of the other candidates except Ron Paul.
Agreed.

2. How do you know Obama is a member of the CFR? When did he join? What is your source of info and a link? I have heard people allege this, and seen no proof. Same with Hillary, Fred, Mitt, Rudy.... Some may have spoken to CFR and been published by CFR, but where is proof they are all members?
Agreed. I'm willing to believe this is all true, but I haven't actually seen the proof. (BTW, Bill Clinton "went from unknown" to President within a year after he was invited to Bilderberg.)

3. It is important that all the facts be 100% accurate. Otherwise such documents are ripped apart by the opposition.
Agreed. This looks great, the contrast is stark, but it has to be squeaky clean and accurate, beyond reproach.

How about you add John Edwards to balance it out.
Agreed. He also seems to be generally considered a "top tier" Demogogue candidate, and then there'd be three of each.

"Last Honest Politician in Washington" doesn't fit; sure, I agree (and have for 25 years), but it's opinion, not fact. Maybe there's another issue instead?

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 08:02 AM
bump

trispear
08-26-2007, 08:30 AM

Obama voted YES on March 2, 2006 on the Reauthorization of the Patriot Act, which serves to extend the original Patriot Act since it was set to expire.

Vote 29: H R 3199: H.R. 3199 Conference Report; USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/109/senate/2/votes/29/

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/o000167/votes/page6/

Politeia
08-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Obama voted YES on March 2, 2006 on the Reauthorization of the Patriot Act, which serves to extend the original Patriot Act since it was set to expire.
Thanks for the research; exactly what's needed.

CasualApathy
08-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Bump!

Max: Please copy this, and get rid of the original version.

dircha
08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Include Barack's full name:

Barack Hussein Obama.

Politeia
08-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Include Barack's full name:

Barack Hussein Obama.

Only if the full names of all other candidates are also included. Which really isn't necessary, now is it?

The only reason to do this, I assume, would be to somehow tar him by association with Saddam Hussein -- who was, please recall, our big "friend" not so long ago. Who was it in that photo shaking hands with Saddam Hussein? It was the Republicans' favorite Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld. Not Barack Obama, or anyone associated with him. Obama can and should be confronted on just what he stands for, not with subtle smears. That kind of low blow garbage is just what the Ron Paul campaign should avoid. It's certainly not anything Dr. Paul would do.

RCA
08-26-2007, 04:22 PM
I would remove the Lou Dobbs CFR bit (doesn't fit with the material and it doesn't make sense) and center the black box to the left of it. Also shouldn't it say Google Video: Ron Paul Dreaming? Also, why is the black box at the bottom not even? And yes, to round it out, I would include Edwards, 3 Repubs, 3 Democrats. Also, I would make the column widths all the same, except for Dr. Paul's. Also, I would make the pictures all be the same width as each column.

RCA
08-26-2007, 04:26 PM
Does anyone have that same pic of Dr. Paul but with a continuous flag behind him? If they do, I would like a copy of it. Thanks!

Mastiff
08-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't know about calling Obama pro-war. There may be a point to be made there, but I think most readers are going to think: huh?

Maybe a restructuring to give some of the others some credit for some things and highlight that RP is good across the board? Just a thought.

trispear
08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't know about calling Obama pro-war. There may be a point to be made there, but I think most readers are going to think: huh?

Maybe a restructuring to give some of the others some credit for some things and highlight that RP is good across the board? Just a thought.

You could rephrase it to:

Would continue occupation of Iraq? Yes No

max
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM

Obama has CLEARLY stated that he would consider missile attacks on Iran and Pakistan..

Such an act would surely trigger a war FAR WORSE than the one in Iraq

richard1984
08-26-2007, 11:12 PM
Do you think we should keep Romney's original name,'Willard', on there, or should we just call him the almost as stupid 'Mitt'?

trispear
08-26-2007, 11:29 PM
Give them their preferred names, makes it seem more objective, legitimate and not just a smear attack. Ron Paul likes to argue in terms of ideas, not personal attacks. (Though we could certainly point out the others' past and inconsistencies if he won't do it - that is completely fair game.)

The other reason I say this is that I have a foreign name as well, not a "good normal Christian name." Been humiliated on the schoolyard enough growing up. I think you run the chance of alienating respectable 1st & 2nd Generation hardworking immigrants who recognize and supports Ron Paul's values by doing such a tactic or inferring it's bad. It's also immature.

amga49
08-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Can you please send me an updated file version of this flyer to my email? amga49@gmail.com

Thank you

born2drv
08-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Can you please send me an updated file version of this flyer to my email? amga49@gmail.com

Thank you

HEY GUYS.........

anyone who wants them, please feel free to download them here:
http://www.born2drv.com/gallery/misc?page=2]

Just click to make it bigger, then right click and save! Thanks!

M.Bellmore
08-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Do both of those fit on 8 1/2 x 11?

I love the FF part. I am trying to figure out a way to squash the comparison chart and add more about Ron Paul to the bottom.

Plus I need to add at the bottom of each page:

Volunteer at Michigan4RonPaul.com, call ###, or email aa@bbbb

Here's my latest (the anti-abortion thing is for the christian version)

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1238/1280633291_b4a4185957_o.png

Nash
08-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Patriot...No. He wasnt around..The flyer says he supports it (meaning he would not repeal it if elected)

He actually was around when they voted to extend the resolution past sunset in 2005. Hillary and Obama both voted to extend the Patriot Act. Paul voted No.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00028

Leslie Webb
08-30-2007, 08:20 PM
Barack Obama's first name is still misspelled. Change Barak to Barack.

born2drv
08-30-2007, 08:29 PM
Do both of those fit on 8 1/2 x 11?

yes they do fit on 8.5x11.... they're actually sized to 8.1x10.6 and should print on most everyone's printer without resizing.

i like your chart.... but you're going to emphasis flip flopping we need to paint romney and thompson both as flip floppers.... like abortion, and gun right from mitt, not sure about thompson..... and other topics... people need to understand that these are both 2 phoney wanna-be conservatives that are just pandering for votes....

also i think it's better to put the words YES NO instead of checkmarks... or at least "X" for no, and check for yes... or something like that.... and maybe a pair of sandals for flip flops ;)

Bossobass
08-30-2007, 08:33 PM
Obama Top Fundraiser on Wall Street

Bear Stearns, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, J.P. Morgan Chase, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley, Goldman and UBS.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/17/AR2007041701688.html

Looks much better, great job.

Bosso