PDA

View Full Version : GET READY FOR THE RON PAULIE GIRLS! (I need help here!)

max
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
***IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO CAN GET THESE BOTTLE LABELS MADE FOR THIS PROGRAM?**** You can view/download the prototype here
http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/pauliegirl.html
But first, read the letter I sent to my group so you know what we're doing
Paulites,

The RON PAULIE GIRLS promotion is in development. It is a spoof on Saint Paulie Girl beer.

Heidi and Ann have volunteered to dress up in old German costumes and handout free bottle of beer (or water) at football stadium parking lots along with Ron Paul literature. They will also ask for donations to offset our costs.

The bottles will have specially made RON PAULIE GIRL labels on them listing some bullet points and website info..

What drunken football fan can say no to our lovely Ron Paulie girls? This is a great idea that can generate lots of publicity. Maybe start a nationwide movement? ?? Heidi is searching the net for these outfits.

If you are interested in becoming a Ron Paulie girl, find an outfit and join them. Don't worry, we don't expect you dress as scantilly as the girl on the attached label! Although, if you're OK with a sexy outfit, I sure l won't discorage you and neither will our footbal friends!. ;)

See the attached label that we will be sticking on the bottles.

What do u think? Any more volunteers? This will be fun.

Does anyone know how to make labels with this? see prototype here... http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/pauliegirl.html

brumans
08-25-2007, 03:44 PM
It might sound better if it is just "Ron Paul Girl"?

For labels, wouldn't you just open that up in word, choose an appropriate size for the specific beverage you are using, print it out, wrap it around and tape the edge so it sticks (maybe tape it loosely with thin strips so one can take it off and read it, but it still stays on if they want it too)?

G-khan
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM
I think this is a great idea and will go over big. The ones who take the beers will go home and talk about it and maybe save the bottles...

DjLoTi
08-25-2007, 03:46 PM

Na I don't think so, are you familiar with the St. Paulie Girls?

max
08-25-2007, 03:51 PM

For labels, wouldn't you just open that up in word, choose an appropriate size for the specific beverage you are using, print it out, wrap it around and tape the edge so it sticks (maybe tape it loosely with thin strips so one can take it off and read it, but it still stays on if they want it too)?

nah. That kills the whole spoof. You never heard of St. Paulie?

I know I can make my own labels...but I was hoping someone can get them customized to specs of a beer bottle...make it look like a profesional label

McDermit
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
isn't it Pauli.. no e?

brumans
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
Na I don't think so, are you familiar with the St. Paulie Girls?

Ahh.. ok, Gotcha. I didn't know there was a meaning behind it, I was thinking it was something like how people say we're "Paulites" and what not.

isn't it Pauli.. no e?

Yeah, I just looked it up

http://www.stpauligirl.com/

Matt Collins
08-25-2007, 03:55 PM
Brilliant.

Hijack a million dollar marketing campaign, and make it work to our advantage! :D

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 04:05 PM
***IS THERE ANYONE HERE WHO CAN GET THESE BOTTLE LABELS MADE FOR THIS PROGRAM?**** You can view/download the prototype here
Paulites,

The RON PAULIE GIRLS promotion is in development. It is a spoof on Saint Paulie Girl beer.

Heidi and Ann have volunteered to dress up in old German costumes and handout free bottle of beer (or water) at football stadium parking lots along with Ron Paul literature. They will also ask for donations to offset our costs.

The bottles will have specially made RON PAULIE GIRL labels on them listing some bullet points and website info..

What drunken football fan can say no to our lovely Ron Paulie girls? This is a great idea that can generate lots of publicity. Maybe start a nationwide movement? ?? Heidi is searching the net for these outfits.

If you are interested in becoming a Ron Paulie girl, find an outfit and join them. Don't worry, we don't expect you dress as scantilly as the girl on the attached label! Although, if you're OK with a sexy outfit, I sure l won't discorage you and neither will our footbal friends!. ;)

Does anyone know how to make labels with this? see prototype here... http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/pauliegirl.html

I just drank a tall St Pauli Girl prior to the rally! Haha.. I never even made the connection and usually stuff like that pops out at me..but I switched from Sam Adams to St Pauli due to the heat and Pauli being a lighter beer.

I think I will get me another and celebrate The Revolution in style and name.

Ron is too cool man., I am very proud to behind him and getting his back and spreading his name in ths neck of the woods. I got the local precinct, the liquor store and it American Citizens originally from korea and the pharmacy all subsations for brchures and solid across the board RP supporters.. Some conservatives seem to rag on the 60's culture here in America..but look at the gem it gave us.. Ron Paul embodies the best of humanity that rose out of that time..

Coolio
Randy

0zzy
08-25-2007, 04:11 PM
copyright infringement?

Cowlesy
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
That is f'ing awesome.

Mr. White
08-25-2007, 04:12 PM
'The media can't stop us?'

Kind of moves away from his message there. I'd reconsider that line, but love the rest. Kudos!

angelatc
08-25-2007, 04:13 PM
Handing out beer is probably illegal.

max
08-25-2007, 04:15 PM
copyright infringement?

It's a spoof....

we not using the actual name nor the actual image...it's ok..trust me

max
08-25-2007, 04:16 PM
Handing out beer is probably illegal.

I'll have to check on that....we may just use O'douls non-alch to keep it legal

jb4ronpaul
08-25-2007, 04:17 PM
nice job

McDermit
08-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Maybe just do root beer instead?

max
08-25-2007, 04:18 PM
'The media can't stop us?'

Kind of moves away from his message there. I'd reconsider that line, but love the rest. Kudos!

i see your point...

but as i see it...our BIGGEST obstacle BY FAR is not the other candidates...but the media blackout. This line answers the question that people have "Why have I never heard of him"...

It's unfortunate, but i really think we are going to have to bitch to high heavans about media bias in order to undermine their credibility.

jjschless
08-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Root Beer, as McDermit has mentioned, would be a good alternative. Also Iced T is popular.

Other ways of using this tactic.

"PaulBucks Coffee" with a return to sound currency tagline

Or make a short film with a decision between a jar of fiat (paper, photocopied and cut out) cashews and real cashews

SJohnsson
08-25-2007, 04:24 PM
copyright infringement?

worst that would happen is a letter to cease and desist

McDermit
08-25-2007, 04:25 PM
worst that would happen is a letter to cease and desist

And who, exactly, will they send the letter to? A group of self-organized volunteers? lol.

It's fine, as long as we don't go making a ron pauli girl website or something.

max
08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
And who, exactly, will they send the letter to? A group of self-organized volunteers? lol.

I really worry about these worriers in here sometimes..LOL

Matt Collins
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
copyright infringement?Fine line. It could possibly fall under satire in which case is a fair use defense. Of course it could be argued that using the likeness of the St Paul girl to promote RP is more than satire, in which I don't think there would be a fair use defense. It depends on two things: precedent, and how easily the judge can be convinced.

Use this as a starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

G-khan
08-25-2007, 05:13 PM
It is legal to give someone else a beer if you want as long as they meet the drinking age requirement. Now if you charge them for it, you may then have some legal problems

Have rootbeer and beer and offer a choice - oh some public places you can't drink in also...

Sounds like fun and a great idea..

Go Paulie Girls!

G-khan
08-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Fine line. It could possibly fall under satire in which case is a fair use defense. Of course it could be argued that using the likeness of the St Paul girl to promote RP is more than satire, in which I don't think there would be a fair use defense. It depends on two things: precedent, and how easily the judge can be convinced.

Use this as a starting point:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

As a private citizen you can dress and look like anyone you want. It is when you try to make a profit from it that you get into trouble, or if the official campaign used it and paid for it and used it to get elected. As an individual you can do and dress as you want...

devil21
08-25-2007, 05:26 PM
Very cool idea! It might be worth it to approach some smaller microbreweries with a similar proposal, if not the exact Ron Pauli Girl idea for legal reasons. Its a win-win since Ron gets publicity and the microbrewery will also. My area (Charlotte NC) has a litany of microbreweries around. I think Ill send a few emails and see if I get any bites. Plus there are upcoming Octoberfests (read: lots of beer drinkers) all over the place. Hmm, gave me some ideas...

itsnobody
08-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Paulites,

Hey this makes a great T-Shirt...I gotta get some girls to wear it

SJohnsson
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM

exactly

austinphish
08-25-2007, 06:08 PM
just do it, don't worry about it.

micahnelson
08-25-2007, 06:47 PM
copyright infringement?

is awesome.

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
I'll have to check on that....we may just use O'douls non-alch to keep it legal

"Non-alcoholic" beer still has alcohol and is subject to the same laws in most states.

copyright infringement?

Agreed. Fair use requires consideration on whether the work is transformative, the extent that it is commercial, how creative the work is and whether it will injure the market for the original work.

Transformative - the idea here is not at all, you're using it in the exact same context (bad)
commercial - not really (good)
how creative - it's creative as a nice idea, but it is not at all creative compared to the original work (bad)
probability of injuring the market for the original work- unlikely (good)

You have a mixed bag on whether you're infringing. As copyright is seen as a respect for private property, something Ron Paul is supporter of, why not just ask the company for permission? I think they'd be all for the free advertisement.

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
is awesome.

I see the anarchist wing has arrived. Gotta love the big tent of freedom we have going.

Man from La Mancha
08-25-2007, 08:05 PM
http://www.costume-shop.com/images/products/rm1125.jpg

devil21
08-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Id buy that for a dollar.

familydog
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Excellent idea. Assuming the legality of it all, it's one of the most creative and worthwhile political promotions I've ever seen. It would be even better if some microbreweries could help out lol. This type of creativity is what grass roots is all about and you don't see this kind of thing in a lot of other campaigns. I must have a tall frosty Ron Pauli Girl!

McDermit
08-25-2007, 08:35 PM
I think getting breweries on board would be kind of hard. The concept does sort of promote St Pauli.. I don't think my local brewery would go for that. Now if we called them Rongling Paulgers, maybe. But that just isn't the same. lol.

SJohnsson
08-25-2007, 08:41 PM
"Non-alcoholic" beer still has alcohol and is subject to the same laws in most states.

Agreed. Fair use requires consideration on whether the work is transformative, the extent that it is commercial, how creative the work is and whether it will injure the market for the original work.

Transformative - the idea here is not at all, you're using it in the exact same context (bad)
commercial - not really (good)
how creative - it's creative as a nice idea, but it is not at all creative compared to the original work (bad)
probability of injuring the market for the original work- unlikely (good)

You have a mixed bag on whether you're infringing. As copyright is seen as a respect for private property, something Ron Paul is supporter of, why not just ask the company for permission? I think they'd be all for the free advertisement.

lol. i love how educated this forum is. honestly, what other grassroots supporters consider, in detail no less, the merits of possible litigation arising from copyright infringement

cjhowe
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
lol. i love how educated this forum is. honestly, what other grassroots supporters consider, in detail no less, the merits of possible litigation arising from copyright infringement

The ones that preach personal responsibility :)

devil21
08-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I think with the brewery idea we would just have to appeal to them regarding RP's following and how it can boost their sales. How many of you would actually buy a RP labelled beer? If they were to be pitched about making a special edition Ron Paul beer (a classic colonial type of course!) I bet at least a few would be interested. Octoberfests would be a GREAT marketing tool for their beers and RP's campaign. Im going to work on this and report back with the progress.