PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Rally a Success

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Well..everybody seems to enjoy a story about a good rally. Today at 3..just like every Saturday up to the Primaries and beyond we gather at Freedom Park and wave Revolution and Ron Paul signs. I always wear my riding boots and tricorn museum replica hat (OK..I AM proud of it..it is too cool) for that authentic Constitution Era Revolutionary touch:D

We had about 20-30 folks and all four corners and the meridian stacked so we could hit car windows from every direction. I would estimate a stack of brochures about four inches thick were passed out in less than two hours. We got honks from 500+ cars and had people with Kerry 04 bumper stickers plastered all over the bumper stop and hold up traffic to get a slim jim set. I got Flag duty so I got to patrol and wave the flag and shout FREEEEDOMMMM! alot to set them up for te red light stops.. We had all kinds getting the literature.. I am good at getting the young crowd hyped about their country and fighting for freedom..lots of fist pumping and gig face work..hehe.. Bonus..right towards the end Brent, the guitar player from Mastodon drove by.. I wasn;t paying attention dammit..so I only knew when my son jacked me to attention. I fired a brochure in hs window and told him we needed his help to headline a fundraiser.. He yelled as the girl he was with drove off to call him.. I guess Brann didn;t talk to him yet..so I am sure once I get ahold of him I will have them for the headliner of the Fall Dreedom Harvest Festival..

On the way back to my close by apartment a lady and two guys were getting out of their car obviously amused at my get-up. I gave them lietrature and a fire and brimstone RP/Constitution splel.. Turn out they were a documantary crew doing a documentary on culture and wanted to interview me.. Cool.. I had my RP sign in my hand and went off to her questions like I do when I get righteously fired up here.. May I live up to my nickname that has been popping up..LOL! They said they woukd send the clip to me to put on youtube when they get it digitized. She then thanked me for educating her, so I gave her a few more bochures and told them we need their help..please!!!

I also used the opportunity to spread some of the initiatives and news I gather here and told a couple of people out in the boondocks to get here to find out what is going on and getting help to push into the rural areas and make meetups and gatherings.

My hair is still soaking wet!

Best
Randy

DjLoTi
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Hell yeah! Rock on!!

austin356
08-25-2007, 05:09 PM
The Atlanta Rally I was planning on attending turned out not to be a success............... Good work though. But, slim jims to kerry folks? Seems like a tri-fold, or really anything else, would be better suited for them, just 2 cents though.

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
The Atlanta Rally I was planning on attending turned out not to be a success............... Good work though. But, slim jims to kerry folks? Seems like a tri-fold, or really anything else, would be better suited for them, just 2 cents though.

Where was that? hell if yer ever in town for Austin let me show ya around. Every Rally I have been to here had great people and enthusiasm. Mind you I did hear some gripes from the closer to the boonies group members who were not happy but..they came to our rally and left psyched.

Best
Randy

Shink
08-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Well..everybody seems to enjoy a story about a good rally. Today at 3..just like every Saturday up to the Primaries and beyond we gather at Freedom Park and wave Revolution and Ron Paul signs. I always wear my riding boots and tricorn museum replica hat (OK..I AM proud of it..it is too cool) for that authentic Constitution Era Revolutionary touch:D

We had about 20-30 folks and all four corners and the meridian stacked so we could hit car windows from every direction. I would estimate a stack of brochures about four inches thick were passed out in less than two hours. We got honks from 500+ cars and had people with Kerry 04 bumper stickers plastered all over the bumper stop and hold up traffic to get a slim jim set. I got Flag duty so I got to patrol and wave the flag and shout FREEEEDOMMMM! alot to set them up for te red light stops.. We had all kinds getting the literature.. I am good at getting the young crowd hyped about their country and fighting for freedom..lots of fist pumping and gig face work..hehe.. Bonus..right towards the end Brent, the guitar player from Mastodon drove by.. I wasn;t paying attention dammit..so I only knew when my son jacked me to attention. I fired a brochure in hs window and told him we needed his help to headline a fundraiser.. He yelled as the girl he was with drove off to call him.. I guess Brann didn;t talk to him yet..so I am sure once I get ahold of him I will have them for the headliner of the Fall Dreedom Harvest Festival..

On the way back to my close by apartment a lady and two guys were getting out of their car obviously amused at my get-up. I gave them lietrature and a fire and brimstone RP/Constitution splel.. Turn out they were a documantary crew doing a documentary on culture and wanted to interview me.. Cool.. I had my RP sign in my hand and went off to her questions like I do when I get righteously fired up here.. May I live up to my nickname that has been popping up..LOL! They said they woukd send the clip to me to put on youtube when they get it digitized. She then thanked me for educating her, so I gave her a few more bochures and told them we need their help..please!!!

I also used the opportunity to spread some of the initiatives and news I gather here and told a couple of people out in the boondocks to get here to find out what is going on and getting help to push into the rural areas and make meetups and gatherings.

My hair is still soaking wet!

Best
Randy

Wow, Randy, that's damn awesome. Sounds like you're making huge inroads. A couple questions: what's this nickname you speak of?;) Also....MASTODON!??!? Did you get Brent on our side? Will he play for us and get Ron Paul's name out in concerts? If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of Mastodon, and this prospect is very exciting.

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow, Randy, that's damn awesome. Sounds like you're making huge inroads. A couple questions: what's this nickname you speak of?;) Also....MASTODON!??!? Did you get Brent on our side? Will he play for us and get Ron Paul's name out in concerts? If you can't tell, I'm a huge fan of Mastodon, and this prospect is very exciting.

Some folks have started calling me Rev..heh.. So I got the pulpit! and I will use it to great effect. I just emailed Brent as i do not have his current cell phone. He is a family freind and as a yongster used to kinda look up to me as the wild rock and roll dressup clown of the neighborhood. Brent installed the fence and did other work on my ex wifes house.. I still get along with her but we are not married anymore..My son lives there.. Her and Branns wife travel the world together when the band goes on tour.. They have recently been to Russia and Egypt together. Brann gives my son jason drum "lessons"..not really lessons but they hang out and yak it up and Brann trades licks on the Vdrums with him.. So.. Brent drove by right at the end of the rally and I got the message to him that we needed him to headline with the boyz.. My biggest issue is all these guys girlfriends are almost one trick ponies in that the pro-life thing stops them.. They have an issue about control over their bodies apparently but not the rest of their life.. Brent will side totally with me on that beng a testosteronated male..heh..

But yeah dude.. Looks like I may have them headlining.. I am gonna tackle Nugent in the upcoming week as well for a striaght out endorsement which I will base on a Second Amendment tack. he was out on stage prowling wanting Obama and Hillary to suck on his machine gun and shouting FReeeedommmm!.. He surely cannot mean Giuliani or Romney..snark..

I am gonna send your message to him.. he plays bass with Fiend Without A Face when off tour and running local.. I think his handle is "Stiff Penalty" and they have a myspace page if you want to send him messages telling him how cool it would be and let him know the fanbase of his has RP supporters.

Best
Randy

Shink
08-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Some folks have started calling me Rev..heh.. So I got the pulpit! and I will use it to great effect. I just emailed Brent as i do not have his current cell phone. He is a family freind and as a yongster used to kinda look up to me as the wild rock and roll dressup clown of the neighborhood. Brent installed the fence and did other work on my ex wifes house.. I still get along with her but we are not married anymore..My son lives there.. Her and Branns wife travel the world together when the band goes on tour.. They have recently been to Russia and Egypt together. Brann gives my son jason drum "lessons"..not really lessons but they hang out and yak it up and Brann trades licks on the Vdrums with him.. So.. Brent drove by right at the end of the rally and I got the message to him that we needed him to headline with the boyz.. My biggest issue is all these guys girlfriends are almost one trick ponies in that the pro-life thing stops them.. They have an issue about control over their bodies apparently but not the rest of their life.. Brent will side totally with me on that beng a testosteronated male..heh..

But yeah dude.. Looks like I may have them headlining.. I am gonna tackle Nugent in the upcoming week as well for a striaght out endorsement which I will base on a Second Amendment tack. he was out on stage prowling wanting Obama and Hillary to suck on his machine gun and shouting FReeeedommmm!.. He surely cannot mean Giuliani or Romney..snark..

I am gonna send your message to him.. he plays bass with Fiend Without A Face when off tour and running local.. I think his handle is "Stiff Penalty" and they have a myspace page if you want to send him messages telling him how cool it would be and let him know the fanbase of his has RP supporters.

Best
Randy

Must be nice having awesome connections. I guess I have some indirect connections through places like this, but there's only so many people you converse with that know someone in Mastodon or can coax Michael Badnarik to come to your event.:D Cool, I'll dig through myspace for a little bit and I'll also run through all my Mastodon music and try and pick out some of their best for a potential performance.

Thanks Randy

philipsantamaria
08-25-2007, 06:54 PM
hahaha if you guys get mastodon that would be the shit. you could probably in association get adult swim people to be there. i'm sure mastodon can contact them since they did a couple of songs for the aqua teen hunger force soundtrack. plus since you're in atlanta, williams street (adult swim) is right by there. I'm sure people from The Boondocks would agree with Ron Paul's message...their Martin Luther King, Jr. episode and their gas station robbery/iraq episode is proof!

Shink
08-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Here's my 2 cent contribution towards the Mastodon effort:

Hi,

I just wanted to say to Brent that Randy (a guy you know in Atlanta that I talk to on Ron Paul Forums) let me know about his rally for Ron Paul in Atlanta today that he saw you and wanted to get you some Ron Paul info. I guess someone else was driving and made you speed off?

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of Mastodon, as well as an Iraq combat veteran. I was Airborne Infantry in the Army. Just wanted to let you know that Ron Paul's supporters have got some Mastodon fans, and that if you could help out Randy by headlining the event he's working on, that'd kick fucking ass.

If you were able to bless our efforts with your awesome music, might I suggest March of the Fire Ants as your opener? That'd set things off right.

A Mastodon endorsement of Ron Paul would mean so much to a lot of people. Even if you are unable to help Randy out, I thank you for what you do. Keep it up, have fun, and FIGHT FOR FREEDOM.

Metal,
Sean Kamp

Oh, just so everyone knows why March of the Fire Ants is so badass, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqlufsq5w (more importantly, listen) I think it's a great opener because it'll get people really pumped and I feel like one of millions of vicious fire ants ready to take out a colossus.

DeadheadForPaul
08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Great job!

Fyi: I use my own printout for the general population. i think the slim jim is REALLY conservative and would not appeal to the majority of people - especially those around Little 5 points in Atlanta. My 2 cents

pennycat
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Great work! Think about calling the Atlanta Journal and telling them what you are doing. Don't send a press release. Too corporate. Just call them and ask for a local reporter. You never know.

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Great work! Think about calling the Atlanta Journal and telling them what you are doing. Don't send a press release. Too corporate. Just call them and ask for a local reporter. You never know.

The Urinal Constipation as we call t is useless. They are pure NWO pro Iraq war bumfodder.. Creative Loafing gets a much higher viewership and we will be advertising out of that. I saw an interview on ABC out of Clearwater, that rags homebase and their editor did about 15 minutes of good Ron Paul stuff so it may be the time to get a three or four page main piece. The paper gets read by about a million people over the week and everybody keeps it around to check on concerts and mopvies and art shpws etc.. That s the place to get it done at.. Lots of local folks are excited.. The square will be overflowing and people in the trees..

Best
Randy

Revolution9
08-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Here's my 2 cent contribution towards the Mastodon effort:

Oh, just so everyone knows why March of the Fire Ants is so badass, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uShqlufsq5w (more importantly, listen) I think it's a great opener because it'll get people really pumped and I feel like one of millions of vicious fire ants ready to take out a colossus.

Great letter that did not get quoted in my reply.. Thanks..It was perfect.. It s a pre-emptive strike.. I should have his number tomorrow or get a reply back with it in it.. I will et them.. They know I would never ever front for a bozo the clown and if its politics the guy must be totally anti oligarchy/illuminati, anti fiat currency and pro freedom..We talked alot about those things..

Best
Randy

tmg19103
08-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Awesome! Gotta like rocking Atlanta with RP.

beermotor
08-26-2007, 07:43 AM

This was my idea! :)

Hey if you need me to talk to them, I'd be glad to.

beermotor
08-26-2007, 07:44 AM
The Urinal Constipation as we call t is useless. They are pure NWO pro Iraq war bumfodder.. Creative Loafing gets a much higher viewership and we will be advertising out of that. I saw an interview on ABC out of Clearwater, that rags homebase and their editor did about 15 minutes of good Ron Paul stuff so it may be the time to get a three or four page main piece. The paper gets read by about a million people over the week and everybody keeps it around to check on concerts and mopvies and art shpws etc.. That s the place to get it done at.. Lots of local folks are excited.. The square will be overflowing and people in the trees..

Best
Randy

Yeah, I actually agree with this tactic as well. It's about motivating people who've never taken part before to rise up and take over the system. Most everyone else stays home anyway. So I think this tactic could be very successful for us, even nationally.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2007, 08:40 AM

Wow, Randy. This all sounds so great! I love the Revolutionary dress up thing too. Good luck with Nugent. If anyone can pull it off, I know you can. :D

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 08:50 AM
Wow, Randy. This all sounds so great! I love the Revolutionary dress up thing too. Good luck with Nugent. If anyone can pull it off, I know you can. :D

Here is some ladies stuff. They make authentic pieces.. maybe The Paulie Girls can find their Fraulein styled dresses..
http://jas-townsend.com/index.php?cPath=2&osCsid=1429db94d633b9cead1625603d40f680

I got this hat
http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?products_id=910
In Dove grey with black trim and rosette.

I like this coat for winter
http://jas-townsend.com/product_info.php?products_id=747

Best
Randy

Shink
08-26-2007, 09:48 AM
This was my idea! :)

Hey if you need me to talk to them, I'd be glad to.

Well, great idea.:) If you can talk to them, that's certainly appreciated. I don't know how much coaxing they need to end up playing for a Ron Paul event. Another voice should be good, so long as we don't reach annoying levels of correspondence.

Great letter that did not get quoted in my reply.. Thanks..It was perfect.. It s a pre-emptive strike.. I should have his number tomorrow or get a reply back with it in it.. I will et them.. They know I would never ever front for a bozo the clown and if its politics the guy must be totally anti oligarchy/illuminati, anti fiat currency and pro freedom..We talked alot about those things..

Best
Randy

Awesome, I'm glad he's opposed to the NWO as well. Shit...I wish my letter was perfect, now that I think about it, I should have linked Ron Paul : When in the Course of Human Events. If it greases the wheel, though, I'm glad to have contributed.:)

Shink
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Bumping this.

austin356
08-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Where was that? hell if yer ever in town for Austin let me show ya around. Every Rally I have been to here had great people and enthusiasm. Mind you I did hear some gripes from the closer to the boonies group members who were not happy but..they came to our rally and left psyched.

Best
Randy

I should have been more clear. When I meant "not a success" I was really referring to the fundraiser/rally that was to happen Aug. 24th that never panned out.

If you guys can get something real big goin' on I will come on over! I will come early and bring a 25' banner and hold it over the connector also!!

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I should have been more clear. When I meant "not a success" I was really referring to the fundraiser/rally that was to happen Aug. 24th that never panned out.

If you guys can get something real big goin' on I will come on over! I will come early and bring a 25' banner and hold it over the connector also!!

Ahhh.. Got it.. Yeah.. Feelers still out..Brent trapped in bedroom with 22 year old groupie..don't know when he will emerge.. In the meantime I have to fashion an acceptable to the local women abortion statement. I got it partially covered from Dustans pointing out one of RP's writings.. But I am working on a probably two full pages of the Docs quotes and analysis in a manner these girls could understand. I think that pointing out that leaving abortion in control of one man in The White Houseor five out of nine lawyers is dumb because if another neocon gets in they could ban abortion for the entire country whereas with abortion being somewhat entrenched there will be fights at the state level where these "rights"..heh..can be maintained.

Best
Randy

Shink
08-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Ahhh.. Got it.. Yeah.. Feelers still out..Brent trapped in bedroom with 22 year old groupie..don't know when he will emerge.. In the meantime I have to fashion an acceptable to the local women abortion statement. I got it partially covered from Dustans pointing out one of RP's writings.. But I am working on a probably two full pages of the Docs quotes and analysis in a manner these girls could understand. I think that pointing out that leaving abortion in control of one man in The White Houseor five out of nine lawyers is dumb because if another neocon gets in they could ban abortion for the entire country whereas with abortion being somewhat entrenched there will be fights at the state level where these "rights"..heh..can be maintained.

Best
Randy

Groupies come and go, he'll be on the phone with you in awhile, hopefully. I think what you're coming up with in defense of his abortion stance is a good idea. Ron Paul is personally pro-life, but more importantly is consistent with abiding by what the Constitution says, and he wants you to be able to decide on a local and state level what you do with your body, the federal government isn't allowed to tell you what to do about abortion, the 'no single man in Washington, D.C. should choose what you do with your body,' etc. If they need more appeal to emotion (which they may, who knows), tell them he has delivered over 4,000 babies and (for free, in the case of the people who couldn't afford healthcare) loves life, you get the idea. Update us on both issues.:)

ThePieSwindler
08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
FUCK i wish i could have come. I was busy with frat stuff and other stuff........ gay. Tell me when the next event is!

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Groupies come and go, he'll be on the phone with you in awhile, hopefully. I think what you're coming up with in defense of his abortion stance is a good idea. Ron Paul is personally pro-life, but more importantly is consistent with abiding by what the Constitution says, and he wants you to be able to decide on a local and state level what you do with your body, the federal government isn't allowed to tell you what to do about abortion, the 'no single man in Washington, D.C. should choose what you do with your body,' etc. If they need more appeal to emotion (which they may, who knows), tell them he has delivered over 4,000 babies and (for free, in the case of the people who couldn't afford healthcare) loves life, you get the idea. Update us on both issues.:)

Be careful not to put words in Ron Paul's mouth. He is prolife, not "personally prolife" which is often code for prochoice. Leave it that he supports states' rights on the matter of abortion, as he does with all matters not delegated to the federal government in the Constitution.

Shink
08-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Bump

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 09:32 PM
FUCK i wish i could have come. I was busy with frat stuff and other stuff........ gay. Tell me when the next event is!

Every Saturday starting around 2:30 to 3 and going till 5.. Then some of us may head for a beer after. I live like two blocks from Freedom park so it is a no brainer if I am awake..

Best
Randy

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 09:38 PM
Leave it that he supports states' rights on the matter of abortion, as he does with all matters not delegated to the federal government in the Constitution.

Unfortunately leaving at that without proper analysis of the whole issue leaves me with few converts amongst the females in this neighborhood.. You know us damned partiarchal men are always trying to enslave wimmens bodies..jeesh.. So..I got my ex wife who knows almost every girl in the neighborhood all the materials and asking her to give me a hand fashioning something that is true to his quotes but explains in detail what can occur if states do not get the right returned as per The Constitution. There is concern of course that if Georgia gets the say on it t will be banned as well as all surrounding states. I do not think it will be without a major fight. One I will not be involved in.

Best
Randy

austin356
08-26-2007, 09:55 PM
GREAT NEWS:

A friend called me who was visiting Atlanta. HE said he saw a bunch of Ron Paul supporters out waving signs!!!!

Yall picked a good spot if someone I knew spotted yall in a metro of 5.7 million people.

Revolution9
08-26-2007, 11:58 PM
GREAT NEWS:

A friend called me who was visiting Atlanta. HE said he saw a bunch of Ron Paul supporters out waving signs!!!!

Yall picked a good spot if someone I knew spotted yall in a metro of 5.7 million people.

That was us.. We get more people every week..It is a party.. I am soaking sweat within 5 minutes and pour for two hurs. We do it in front of The Freedom Park sign by The Carter Center.. Lots of traffic as it is a jump off and on of the main highway and leads to Little Five Ponts..the counterculture ground zero of the south..

Best
Randy