PDA

View Full Version : What is RP's pal Mark Sanford doing at Bilderburg??

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 02:59 AM
http://www.infowars.com/?p=2564

Guess he's out as a potential running mate.

rpfan2008
06-11-2008, 03:09 AM
rp's mole?

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 03:14 AM
Who knows?...anything is possible, I suppose.

Gosh, I hate crap like this.

Proves how diligent we all must be! Our enemies are everywhere, and a lot of them are pretending to be our friends.

RideTheDirt
06-11-2008, 03:18 AM
I hope he's a spy for us, and not against us.

trispear
06-11-2008, 03:40 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but we can't really judge the man when there is so little known about the group. It's like all the wacky stuff they have about the Free Masons.

I think it's just another internationalist group with people vying for influence.

RideTheDirt
06-11-2008, 03:43 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but we can't really judge the man when there is so little known about the group. It's like all the wacky stuff they have about the Free Masons.

I think it's just another internationalist group with people vying for influence.
Sounds like they have a great agenda:rolleyes:

kombayn
06-11-2008, 03:55 AM
Hahahaha! +1. What a great reply, I don't think there is a super-conspiracy going on at Bilderburg but I have to agree with you, RideTheDirt... The secrecy agenda is pretty lame.

hypnagogue
06-11-2008, 04:07 AM
If I was invited to Bilderberg, I'd go.

bucfish
06-11-2008, 04:26 AM
Yes I would go to. Who knows about Bilderberg but their secrecy has no place in our society and besides Elected officials should not be meeting with Foreign dignitaries and Corporate leaders in secret which just seems fishy. If it walks like a duck, smells like a duck then it is a duck!

kombayn
06-11-2008, 04:32 AM
Yes I would go to. Who knows about Bilderberg but their secrecy has no place in our society and besides Elected officials should not be meeting with Foreign dignitaries and Corporate leaders in secret which just seems fishy. If it walks like a duck, smells like a duck then it is a duck!

Politicians do it all the time. They're not always chillin' in Washington sipping on a latte.

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 05:11 AM
The Logan Act makes it illegal for those who hold public office in the US to attend secret meetings where policy is set.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-11-2008, 05:59 AM

It does strike me as odd that such an event goes unreported in the media. Ben Bernanke sneezes and it's news. Many of the people who attend sneeze, and it's big news. But all of these people meet in this one place it gets not a single mention in mainstream media. That's what's weird.

RonPaulFever
06-11-2008, 06:01 AM
The Logan Act makes it illegal for those who hold public office in the US to attend secret meetings where policy is set.

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

I'm sure Condi Rice and Sanford have the authority under our government to attend Bilderberg. The same can probably not be said about CEOs and top brass of major newspapers. If anyone should be prosecuted, it's the attendees from the private sector who are rubbing elbows with foreign leaders.

richardfortherepublic
06-11-2008, 06:41 AM
They could be playing Grand Theft Auto 4.............

LittleLightShining
06-11-2008, 06:55 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_ActOk, but how do you prove they're setting policy?

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 07:30 AM
So, some of you think Bilderburg is a benign poker club, I see.

To each his own...

As for me, I will never trust Mark Sanford again.

wgadget
06-11-2008, 07:52 AM
Several of the "mainstream" candidates had talked about choosing Sanford as their VP, including McInsane.

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks, gadget. That closes the book on Mark Sanford then.

Also...for those who have previously suggested a certain senator from NE...he's also a Bilderburger....

jd603
06-11-2008, 09:50 AM
Powerful people meeting in secret, most assuredly getting behind or not geting behind certain agendas. Circumventing the congress and comitting treason by violating the logan act. No MSM covers it.

It's OK though, they are meeting there in secret to make decisions that are best for AMERICA and FREE HUMANITY. yeah right! They are globalists and we should continue to shine a light in their dark meetings.

kirkblitz
06-11-2008, 10:07 AM
mark sanford is the best govenor SC has had in the last 50 years minimum, this has no impact on my feeling about him what so ever.

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 10:22 AM

It appears that the Logan act only pertains to citizens trying to influence foreign nations. Did I read that correctly?

jd603
06-11-2008, 10:26 AM
No it pertains to this case, several people have been fined for it. They need to be authorized by congress. Some have even flown to foreign nations to attend bilderberg. The law exists precisely to prevent things such as bilderberg.

It appears that the Logan act only pertains to citizens trying to influence foreign nations. Did I read that correctly?

dannno
06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Ok, but how do you prove they're setting policy?

"with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States"

The reason they are allowed to get away with it is because they keep their agenda secret, and don't allow any of the attendees to discuss it outside of the group. It's a double-edged sword, we can't prosecute because we can't prove what they are doing in secret.

We should be able to at least attempt prosecution and have the minutes sequestered or something... but no..

revolutionary8
06-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Since when did Sanford become RP's "pal"- he endorsed McCain, and has been rumored to be the choice for his Veep for chrissakes.

Hours after the Bilderbergs met, the Financial Times wrote an article pushing a Global Banking System. The FT has had a presence at Bilderberg for years.

Yes, The Bilderberg Group is really a bridge club. Nothing to see here, move along.

I know for a fact there are moles in the Bilderberg Group. I am betting Sanford isn't one of them. In fact, his presence at Bilderberg is evidence (as I see it) that there is a good chance Sanford will be getting a promotion very soon.

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Yes, The Bilderberg Group is really a bridge club. Nothing to see here, move along.

Don't like bridge anyways.

TurtleBurger
06-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Why can't we start our own secret powerful society?

SLSteven
06-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Why can't we start our own secret powerful society?

First we would have to get the power.

dirknb@hotmail.com
06-11-2008, 12:42 PM
So, some of you think Bilderburg is a benign poker club, I see.

To each his own...

As for me, I will never trust Mark Sanford again.

+1 I already had my doubts about him.

SteveMartin
06-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Since when did Sanford become RP's "pal"- he endorsed McCain, and has been rumored to be the choice for his Veep for chrissakes.

Google: "Mark Sanford" AND "Ron Paul"

...and do your homework.

revolutionary8
06-11-2008, 01:17 PM
Google: "Mark Sanford" AND "Ron Paul"

...and do your homework.

I already have. I am aware that they sometimes vote the same. My question still stands, Since WHEN did Mark Sanford become Ron Paul's "pal"?
he has not endorsed Ron Paul
he has endorsed and shown support for John McCain
it has been rumored that he will be chosen as McCain's veep.
I feel the thread title is misleading.
Mark Sanford is no PAL of Ron Paul's. I am quite sure of it.

itshappening
06-11-2008, 01:19 PM
WOW, this is really sad. they have Sanford earmarked as an establishment future Republican leader obviously. disgusting because I thought he was better than that.

kirkblitz
06-11-2008, 01:41 PM
if anyone can be considered ron pauls pal it would be mark sanford, just look at all the stuff he has caused in the state against neo-cons and even the federal goverment!

FrankRep
06-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Mark Sanford has endorsed John McCain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKOCsBpcZfw

tonesforjonesbones
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
John Kennedy said "NO" to secret societies..and look where it got him! TONES

ARealConservative
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM

The Logan Act would never withstand constitutional scrutiny anyway.

freelance
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM

They can't. It's called the Logan Act.

http://law.jrank.org/pages/8357/Logan-Act.html

Maltheus
06-11-2008, 02:02 PM
People get too worked up by groups like Bilderberger and CFR. I think they're more propaganda clubs, rather than policy making forums. That propaganda eventually filters down through the MSM so the secrecy aspects don't bother me so much. I think the participants are there, more to get a sense of which way the stream of power is flowing, so that they don't end up fighting it. And for the power brokers can get a sense of who's a team player, rather than the crass dispensing any marching orders. If there are indeed organizations where policy is set in a closed room with cigars and whatnot, you'll have never heard of it. And they certainly wouldn't be inviting everyone and their cousin to it.

As for Ron's friends and the people he's endorsed, I've never had much faith in any of them anyway. I respect Dr. Paul and all, but only because he's earned my respect, not because of any associations he may have. I'll apply that same standard to any successors. Talk is cheap.

revolutionary8
06-11-2008, 02:38 PM
People get too worked up by groups like Bilderberger and CFR. I think they're more propaganda clubs, rather than policy making forums. That propaganda eventually filters down through the MSM so the secrecy aspects don't bother me so much. I think the participants are there, more to get a sense of which way the stream of power is flowing, so that they don't end up fighting it. And for the power brokers can get a sense of who's a team player, rather than the crass dispensing any marching orders. If there are indeed organizations where policy is set in a closed room with cigars and whatnot, you'll have never heard of it. And they certainly wouldn't be inviting everyone and their cousin to it.

As for Ron's friends and the people he's endorsed, I've never had much faith in any of them anyway. I respect Dr. Paul and all, but only because he's earned my respect, not because of any associations he may have. I'll apply that same standard to any successors. Talk is cheap.

I pretty much disagree with everything you said- but the propaganda- yes- that is why they have representatives from every major newspaper- from the NY Times to WaPo at the Bilderberg meetings- to spread the propaganda.

As far as endorsements, Did Ron Paul endorse Sanders? I don't think he did, so I am not sure what you meant by that.

Maltheus
06-11-2008, 03:10 PM
I pretty much disagree with everything you said- but the propaganda- yes- that is why they have representatives from every major newspaper- from the NY Times to WaPo at the Bilderberg meetings- to spread the propaganda.

As far as endorsements, Did Ron Paul endorse Sanders? I don't think he did, so I am not sure what you meant by that.

I don't really know much more about Paul's connection to Sander than what I've read here. I was thinking about other endorsements he's made, including his endorsement of my local congressman (Doug Lamborn). As far as I'm concerned, you're not a small government conservative if you're for big government wars. Lamborn is a party-line hack. He never deviates from the GOP on anything and is quite proud of that.

So just curious, what was it you disagreed with me on? That any real agenda setting group would likely have retreated to a more private venue since Bilderberg is now covered widely? Or was it more with my assertion that Bilderberg is likely not a deliberative body where a bunch of relatively minor participates gets a say in how the elite run things?

revolutionary8
06-11-2008, 03:27 PM
I don't really know much more about Paul's connection to Sander than what I've read here. I was thinking about other endorsements he's made, including his endorsement of my local congressman (Doug Lamborn). As far as I'm concerned, you're not a small government conservative if you're for big government wars. Lamborn is a party-line hack. He never deviates from the GOP on anything and is quite proud of that.

So just curious, what was it you disagreed with me on? That any real agenda setting group would likely have retreated to a more private venue since Bilderberg is now covered widely? Or was it more with my assertion that Bilderberg is likely not a deliberative body where a bunch of relatively minor participates gets a say in how the elite run things?

yes, I see what you meant about endorsements, and agree.

I believe that the Bilderberg group is most certainly a policy setting entity. I also believe that they are most certainly a deliberative body, for the simple fact that the most deliberative leaders from all over the world meet once a year, and then miraculously, information leaked becomes policy.

People like Jim Tucker have been "predicting" everything from the exact price of oil (and when) to the attack on Iraq (exactly when).
http://infowars-shop.stores.yahoo.net/jimtubidi.html (http://www.wingtv.net/tucker.html)
Review: JIM TUCKER'S BILDERBERG DIARY

When one considers the esteemed (albeit limited) field of living legends among us in the alternative media (including Eustace Mullins, Jim Marrs, and Des Griffin), Jim Tucker of the American Free Press would surely be included near the top of that list. Not only has Tucker epitomized for the last half-century what quality journalism should be, he has also exposed – far more than any other human being – the shadowy Bilderberg group; and for this accomplishment he should be recognized as one of those rare individuals who has saved humanity from being further enslaved by this evil cabal.

Although the concept of ‘greatness’ is far too-overused in our current pop-culture society, I cannot overstate how important Jim Tucker’s research has been, for without his glaring exposure, the Bilderberg agenda would have surely been far more advanced than it is today.

Luckily, Tucker’s work – originally reported in The Spotlight and American Free Press – has now been collected in the all-new Bilderberg Diary; and what he has done is bring about the best of both worlds by merging the specific political agendas which were discussed (and implemented) at each Bilderberg meeting with his own personal anecdotes and adventures.

And I must tell you, the combination of these two forces makes for some highly intriguing reading. Not only do we learn about the Bilderberg’s penchant for global taxation, the UN’s advancement, and their desire to erode national sovereignty on a worldwide basis; but we also see what type of opposition Tucker had to fight to write these articles. Like a fine detective story, we ride along with the author as he experiences car chases, has his hotel rooms bugged, uses aliases, climbs over bushes and security fences to penetrate Bilderberg, and seeks the assistance of barmaids, taxi drivers, and waiters to expose his nemesis.

Furthermore, if you’re interested in learning which future presidential candidate was a past Bilderberg attendee, it’s all right here. Plus, care to know the “real” Henry Kissinger (it’s hilarious)! How about why Margaret Thatcher was dumped as prime minister of Great Britain, or the hidden details of how Bill Clinton was ‘selected’ president in 1992 (could it have something to do with his 1991 Bilderberg appearance in Baden Baden, Germany)? All these stories, and countless others that you’ll never read in the mainstream media, are contained in Bilderberg Diary.

Rounding-out this book are some of the rarest photos of the shadow government ever assembled in one place. Where do you get to see David Rockefeller huddled with Dwight Eisenhower’s daughter, or a young Dick Cheney, Evelyn de Rothschild, and actual of Bilderberg founder, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands?

Last but not least, Jim Tucker relates how he actually swiped Senator Charles Mathias’ Bilderberg portfolio, Richard Perle’s nameplate, how he tongue-tied Nelson Rockefeller to such an extent that he could barely speak, and how Alan Greenspan was driven to the 2002 meeting outside of Washington, DC by his wife, NBC News correspondent Andrea Mitchell, yet none of it was broadcast on the nightly news. Plus, if you’re still not convinced of this highly furtive group’s existence, Tucker provides a one-of-a-kind 1961 letter from then-congressman Gerald Ford where he mentions – by name – an upcoming Bilderberg meeting.

Quite simply, the information contained within this book is precisely what those atop the global control pyramid don’t want you to know about. Rather, they want it contained; but to his credit, Jim Tucker has broken-down the gates of secrecy and brought their under-handed dealings out into the open – right where they should be.

by Victor Thorn
http://www.wingtv.net/tucker.html

Maltheus
06-11-2008, 03:58 PM
I believe that the Bilderberg group is most certainly a policy setting entity. I also believe that they are most certainly a deliberative body, for the simple fact that the most deliberative leaders from all over the world meet once a year, and then miraculously, information leaked becomes policy.

People like Jim Tucker have been "predicting" everything from the exact price of oil (and when) to the attack on Iraq (exactly when). ...

I guess I don't consider those deliberative leaders to be the true rulers of the world. They're all puppets IMO. They know who butters their bread and they can take cues without having to be handed direct orders. I think Bilderberger is more about dispensing those cues. The true decision makers understand that it's better to stay behind the scenes. The fact that we're even discussing Bilderberger (along with 1000s of others) would prove that it's a not very behind the scenes organization. Story worthy perhaps, but hardly the true seat of power. Bilderberger is the shiny coin the magician uses to distract us. Or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit. Either way, I guess we're just quibbling over details. Until one of us is invited, we'll never know.

As for Tucker's predictions, didn't he and Jones once say that Jonathan Edwards would be the next president? I think that might have been back in 2004. I believe he was the only candidate to attend, so it seemed like a slam dunk, but it turns out he was just another flash in the pan.

revolutionary8
06-11-2008, 04:07 PM
I guess I don't consider those deliberative leaders to be the true rulers of the world. They're all puppets IMO. They know who butters their bread and they can take cues without having to be handed direct orders. I think Bilderberger is more about dispensing those cues. The true decision makers understand that it's better to stay behind the scenes. The fact that we're even discussing Bilderberger (along with 1000s of others) would prove that it's a not very behind the scenes organization. Story worthy perhaps, but hardly the true seat of power. Bilderberger is the shiny coin the magician uses to distract us. Or perhaps I'm giving them too much credit. Either way, I guess we're just quibbling over details. Until one of us is invited, we'll never know.

As for Tucker's predictions, didn't he and Jones once say that Jonathan Edwards would be the next president? I think that might have been back in 2004. I believe he was the only candidate to attend, so it seemed like a slam dunk, but it turns out he was just another flash in the pan.

Well you certainly have a point. I don't think the Krupps, the Savoy's or the other families that run the world attend the meeting. I am sure they have plenty of representatives though.
He predicted Edwards would be chosen as Kerry's veep after his speech on NAFTA at Bilderberg that year. he was right. No surprise that the Heinz family have been Bilderbergers since the beginning. Kerry sure as hell married up.

Rhys
06-11-2008, 04:26 PM
you guys know what conspiracy is?

it's people working in secret to do something bad.

so what's the deal about believing in a conspiracy? people think it's like believing in magic when it's more like believing in the mafia.

humanic
06-11-2008, 04:39 PM
This came up in another thread and here was my two cents:

I think the only theorists are those theorizing that when major players in groups like the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, such as Quigley, Brzezinski, Rockefeller, Gardner, and others, write about their intentions to create a "new international economic order" or "new world order" (their words) they don't really mean it, even though we can clearly observe them putting the specific plans that they write about into action.

Please read:

The Future Is Calling by G. Edward Griffin, who appears alongside Ron Paul in Fiat Empire (http://video.google.com/url?docid=5232639329002339531&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=3533&q=fiat+empire&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3 Fdocid%3D5232639329002339531&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D5232639329002339531% 26q%3Dfiat%2Bempire%26total%3D81%26start%3D0%26num %3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D0&usg=AL29H20lywjsxM4YdviYcibC5yIBmA063g) and America: From Freedom To Fascism (http://video.google.com/url?docid=-1656880303867390173&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=6676&q=america+freedom+fascism&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3 Fdocid%3D-1656880303867390173&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D-1656880303867390173%26q%3Damerica%2Bfreedom%2Bfasc ism%26total%3D927%26start%3D0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0% 26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D0&usg=AL29H23OhgiBlb3EO0D5BihVx7E4eMneuA), and who is also the author of The Creature from Jekyll Island.
Part 1: The Chasm (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling1.pdf)
Part 2: Secret Organizations and Hidden Agendas (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling2.pdf)
Part 3: Days of Infamy (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling3.pdf)
Part 4: The War on Terrorism (http://www.freedomforceinternational.org/pdf/futurecalling4.pdf)
Part 5: An Idea Whose Hour Has Come (http://video.google.com/url?docid=6015291679758430958&esrc=sr1&ev=v&len=5017&q=idea%2Bwhose%2Btime&srcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.google.com%2Fvideoplay%3 Fdocid%3D6015291679758430958&vidurl=%2Fvideoplay%3Fdocid%3D6015291679758430958% 26q%3Didea%2Bwhose%2Btime%26total%3D606%26start%3D 0%26num%3D10%26so%3D0%26type%3Dsearch%26plindex%3D 0&usg=AL29H20_QDZxhTLRxTnUYrZjTjXRVEVqjQ)

The Trilateral Commission: Usurping Sovereignty (http://www.augustreview.com/issues/globalization/the_trilateral_commission:_usurping_sovereignty_20 07080373/) by Patrick Wood (http://www.augustreview.com/about_the_editor/)

As someone who has been very active in the fight against Real ID, I'd also like to add that I myself was surprised to find Sanford on the list of attendees. Sanford has indeed come out strongly against Real ID in his state, so his name stuck out like a sore thumb to me.

However, it is important to note that attending a Bilderberg meeting does not in and of itself mean that you are a "puppet of the elite." There are numerous individuals who have attended but have gone on to denounce the "new world order" agenda.

Besides his stance on Real ID I do not know all that much about Governor Sanford, so I am not in a position to rule out the possibility that he has been controlled opposition all along; but, as far as we know this is Sanford's first visit, and I think it is more likely that the Bilderberg steering committee invited him in the hopes that they can convince him to play ball. Either way, I think Sanford has some 'splainin to do if he wants to retain any credibility with the anti-NWO crowd.

Maltheus
06-11-2008, 05:12 PM
I think the only theorists are those theorizing that when major players in groups like the Council on Foreign Relations and the Trilateral Commission, such as Quigley, Brzezinski, Rockefeller, Gardner, and others, write about their intentions to create a "new international economic order" or "new world order" (their words) they don't really mean it, even though we can clearly observe them putting the specific plans that they write about into action.

I don't think people care about "economic orders," they're just happy to have smart people stepping up to the plate. Say what you want about Brzezinski, he comes across as smarter than most people I know. That doesn't mean his proscriptions are right, but it does explain why people trust these guys.

As for Quigley, he wasn't the creator of any of this, he merely hung out with the people who did. He may have not had many objections to what they were doing, but he was certainly opposed to them carrying out their affairs in secret. It may be a long book, but everyone should read "Tragedy & Hope" if they get the chance. His "economic conspiracy" quote aside, the other 1600 pages make some fascinating historical observations. His shorter and simpler "The Evolution of Civilizations" is quite the eye opener as well and very relevant to what we're experiencing today.

jd603
06-11-2008, 06:04 PM
Exactly, and JFK started to take proper steps to save the country and free its people...

My belief is he started off as a good puppet initially, over time learned how the system was being run and realized the direction we were going, took steps to try and deal with it, he was then assassinated.

John Kennedy said "NO" to secret societies..and look where it got him! TONES

rightobeleftalone
06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
He is spying for Alex Jones.

Bossobass
06-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Watching Dave Rockefeller thank the members of the major media for not exposing this group's plans to the light of day for over 40 years and attributing that fact to the success of their plans is enough for me to realize the Bilderbergers are no friends of America.

My take is that Sanford was being interviewed for the McCain VP job. I completely discounted Sanford when he refused to even mention RP's campaign, much less endorse him for POTUS.

We shall see. If Sanford gets the VP nod, I will have my answer. The rest of the world is free to think what they will of him and the Bilderberg Group.

Bosso