PDA

View Full Version : The elephant in the room, is Ron Paul saving cash for a breakout run?

RCA
06-10-2008, 10:06 PM
I know that he keeps saying that he won't but what OTHER reason could he have for hoarding 5 million dollars?

If he did, he would only be campaigning for two months, September to November, so he wouldn't need that much cash considering the grassroots would ignite overnight.

Also, he would be giving up his Congress seat, but he has to be weighing the progress he could make being in Congress for another two years (considering he's already done it 10 times) vs. the progress he could make by shocking the world with an independent run anouncement following two months of education by the grassroots(with books in hand).

I believe two months of solid campaigning (assuming the campaign actually starts a real compaign) could do much more for the movement than two more years voting against unconstitutional bills. Just think of all the people that were turned off by us last year because of the "R" and now they'd have their guy!

Bottom line, it's hard for me to imagine Ron Paul doing anything other than that with someone else's hard earned money.

yongrel
06-10-2008, 10:08 PM
This is what Ron Paul will do with the money:
http://www.yodaslair.com/dumboozle/barks/images/bin-dive.jpg

SnappleLlama
06-10-2008, 10:09 PM

ROFL!!

tomveil
06-10-2008, 10:19 PM
He's already mentioned that money will go into a group to help the movement continue. He's talked about the unveiling of a new structure to help organize supporters and help us coordinate with the national team as well. I'm excited to see how it turns out :)

ARealConservative
06-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I know that he keeps saying that he won't but what OTHER reason could he have for hoarding 5 million dollars?

is he waiting for the deadline to file expires in all 50 states?

yongrel
I think it would be fantastic if RP could somehow channel some of that money to BJ Lawson's campaign. I dunno if it's legal, but it would be great.

Kludge

Scrooge is my hero. Dr. Paul is my... guy-on-the-poster-on-the-wall.

WRellim
06-10-2008, 11:47 PM
He in on record with the NewsWeek interview published just a few days ago:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/139448

NW: What will happen to your campaign's leftover money?

Ron Paul: It'll be used in an organization that has not yet been decided, to carry on exactly what we're doing in the campaign, to promote these views that everybody comes together on.

Now why would he say that publicly if he were intending a "breakout run" -- he could easily have been more vague.

revolutionary8
06-10-2008, 11:49 PM
I think it would be fantastic if RP could somehow channel some of that money to BJ Lawson's campaign. I dunno if it's legal, but it would be great.
Ever since you have been selling your own genetalia for BJ, I have been wondering who this is.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS.

Kludge
06-11-2008, 10:16 AM
Ever since you have been selling your own genetalia for BJ, I have been wondering who this is.

NOT THAT IT MATTERS.

yongrel isn't using his sig to sensationalisticly pimp his pet projects...

L a w s o n f o r C o n g r e s s (http://www.lawsonforcongress.com/)

kirkblitz
06-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Why would he give up his congressional seat? He could still run in his district and likely be re-elected because he is the incumbent.

amy31416
06-11-2008, 10:26 AM

NOT THAT IT MATTERS.

Calm down. It's apparent that you don't like yongrel.

This is BJ Lawson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCqndDsj63I

He's a great RP candidate running for Congress in North Carolina. He won his primary in a landslide. Guys like him are the future of this movement, in my opinion.

He's potentially as good as Ron Paul, in my opinion.

wgadget
06-11-2008, 10:36 AM
He's already mentioned that money will go into a group to help the movement continue. He's talked about the unveiling of a new structure to help organize supporters and help us coordinate with the national team as well. I'm excited to see how it turns out :)

Is it not feasible that this is code for an "independent run," using us to educate the masses???? A new structure, indeed!

I *PINE* for a Ron Paul presidency.

acptulsa
06-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Why would he give up his congressional seat? He could still run in his district and likely be re-elected because he is the incumbent.

Yes, but in 2010 he would be given hell by the RNC and perhaps not allowed to run under their banner.

ClayTrainor
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Yes, but in 2010 he would be given hell by the RNC and perhaps not allowed to run under their banner.

Ventura won governor as an independant. I guess we'd have to go that route, and pimp the hell out of his congressional campaign.

adam1mc
06-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Do I hear moneybomb? I swear I keep hearing that word ring out in my head as I read through this post...

LibertiORDeth
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
I thought if he ran independent he could keep his seat...

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 11:13 AM

True, but even Republicans are disgusted with their own party. "Independent" has a nice ring to it. :D

acptulsa
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
True, but even Republicans are disgusted with their own party. "Independent" has a nice ring to it. :D

*Sigh*. I've been out of fashion my whole life. Ever since I first registered to vote I've been registered as an independent (my state only recognizes D R or I). It was never in fashion.

Now it's finally coming into fashion and here I've gone and hung the dreaded R by my name!

Never fails. Fashion catches up to me and I'm already gone. Unfashionably early, I guess. I'll just never be in style...

liberteebell
06-11-2008, 11:23 AM

You say that as though the republicrats have warmly embraced Ron Paul and us Paulites. He's being given hell by the RNC in 2008. And if I had a FRN for every time I've heard, "Ron Paul is not a real republican!"...I'd be doing a happy dance!

acptulsa
06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
You say that as though the republicrats have warmly embraced Ron Paul and us Paulites. He's being given hell by the RNC in 2008. And if I had a FRN for every time I've heard, "Ron Paul is not a real republican!"...I'd be doing a happy dance!

Considering they put someone up to run against him in his primary, no I don't think there's any great love showing.

Maltheus
06-11-2008, 02:20 PM
*Sigh*. I've been out of fashion my whole life. Ever since I first registered to vote I've been registered as an independent (my state only recognizes D R or I). It was never in fashion.

Now it's finally coming into fashion and here I've gone and hung the dreaded R by my name!

Never fails. Fashion catches up to me and I'm already gone. Unfashionably early, I guess. I'll just never be in style...

As always, it's good to buy on the dips and sell on the highs.