PDA

View Full Version : Sep1-2 Freedom Weekend, SignPosting event. Need volunteers

Reiyuki
08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
I noticed the next scheduled event, Freedom Weekend September 1st and 2nd.

I have a stockpile of signs and stickers going, both homemade and printed.
all waiting to be distributed, but I lack the manpower to do a good 5-town plastering in one or two nights.

Shall we finally get off the computers and start plastering Hampton Roads?

I'll have enough material for anyone wanting to participate, but you're welcome to bring your own.
Anyone else that's willing to 'Paint the town Ron' next weekend, just send a quick e-mail to reiyuki@gmail.com so we can better coordinate.

I'm over in Portsmouth for staging/sign grabbing, but if we get enough volunteers, we can have multiple staging areas. I'll be running Friday,Saturday, and Sunday nights.

Lets show them what kind of candidate a military town supports for President!

McDermit
08-25-2007, 03:27 PM
You might want to post this to your meetup group.. and other local meetups. The people on this board are all over the country (some from other countries as well.)

Reiyuki
08-27-2007, 05:36 AM
Well, it looks like this is now a National 'Paint the town Ron' event. Fun.
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3423687

If you plan on helping, let me know how many signs you plan on picking up. A dozen signs go a long way for name recognition.

ODU_Truth
08-28-2007, 11:45 AM
My Girlfriend and I both live in Norfolk and would love to take part in this. Could you please give me some more info on this event and how we can help.

Thanks

Reiyuki
08-28-2007, 02:11 PM
4416 Columbia st
Portsmouth, VA 23707

The meetup is Friday and Sat (possibly Sun) nights, starting at 7-8pm. If you want, you can just pick up some signs, and take a scenic route home, dropping a sign at every 'good' location on the way. With enough people, we could work in teams of 2-3.
Ideally, we'd have a large swath of 64 signed, as well as signs before/after all the major tunnels. Neighborhood signs don't get as much facetime, but they can't hurt either.

Let me know where abouts you live and how many signs you want to put down (so we know what areas will be blanketed, and how many to have ready).

ODU_Truth
08-29-2007, 06:08 AM
This sounds like a great idea but we don't own any signs. We only have a few stickers left. We plan on ordering some but we don't have any yet. What can we do to still help.

Also since I'm an ODU student we plan on chalking the campus every week and handling out Ron Paul information soon. Let me know if anyone would like to help out.

Thanks

Reiyuki
08-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I've been hard at work making signs all week. Mostly generic 'ron paul 2008' stencil signs, but there should be enough to go around.

Current tally is 20 full complete signs, and about 50 more with one layer of paint on them. And lots of bumper stickers.

Labor Day saturation :)

Reiyuki
08-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Time Correction. Pushing start up to 7pm, to give those that aren't night owl's a fighting chance.

Friday evening will be sign distribution.
Saturday eve will likely be signmaking/replenishment, unless we have enough left over.

ODU_Truth
08-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Sounds good, about how many people are helping? Also could you describe yourself more so we know who you are and what you look like when we arrive. Thanks again. Looking forward to this.

Corey

Reiyuki
08-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Sounds good, about how many people are helping? Also could you describe yourself more so we know who you are and what you look like when we arrive. Thanks again. Looking forward to this.

Corey

I'm expecting roughly 4, give or take, and there should be enough for 10-20 signs per person. I also got LOTS of bumper stickers if you want to grab some. Figure a couple weeks of hard work should pay off with more volunteers to help later on.

Shouldn't be hard to find the spot if you're in the right neighborhood.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1641/trellicesigngt8.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trellicesigngt8.jpg)

There is a fine art to this task, to find a spot just public enough to be seen, but not enough to be taken down. Oh well, as long as we have enough of 'em still up by the end of labor day weekend, it should be a success.

ODU_Truth
08-31-2007, 08:11 AM
My girlfriend and I want to help out this weekend but tonight is out of the picture due to work. However we would love to help out on saturday and sunday. Let me know when to meet and what we will be doing on saturday after tonight.

Thanks

Good Luck :)

Reiyuki
08-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Saturday is probably going to be signmaking, starting at 7pm. Plenty of paint, but we may have to hunt for some cardboard.

Sunday/Monday I'm not sure yet. If there's enough support, I might run a Sunday evening signposting, to put out everything made the night before as well.

ODU_Truth
08-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Well good luck tonight. Update here after tonight if you could.
Best of Luck

MikeKey.com
08-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Whoot, where can I get some signs?

ghemminger
08-31-2007, 04:38 PM
ask your meetup leader

Reiyuki
08-31-2007, 07:51 PM
Whoot, where can I get some signs?

Distributing signs Saturday evening (say 7pm) , address is in the beginning of this thread. Take what you can use, the more that get out the better.

Edit,
4416 Columbia st
Portsmouth, VA 23707

hope that helps

MikeKey.com
09-19-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm a couple days late to this follow up