PDA

View Full Version : I got an email...

Michael Ingram
06-10-2008, 05:00 PM
What would John McCain have you do?

Subject: Explaining Democrat vs Republican to a child.
A good story you can tell even your youngest child and they will know the difference between a liberal Democrat and a conservative Republican. I remember the time that Catherine, one of my daughter Shannon's friends when she was little, told me that she wanted to be President one day.
Both of her parents are liberal Democrats and were standing there with us and I asked Catherine, "If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?"
Catherine replied, "I would give houses to all the homeless people." "Wow, what a worthy goal you have there, Catherine." I told her, "You don't have to wait until you are President to do that, you can come over to my house and clean up all the dog poop in the back yard and I will pay you $5. Then we can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $5 to use for a new house."
Catherine, who was about 4, thought that over for a second, while her mom looked at me, and Catherine replied, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and clean up the dog poop and you can pay him the $5."
Welcome to the Republican Party, Catherine.

Carehn
06-10-2008, 07:04 PM
I love it.

DealzOnWheelz
06-11-2008, 10:03 AM
Lol

Conza88
06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Lmfao!!
That is quality.

electronicmaji
06-11-2008, 01:42 PM
This is stupid analogy that just doesn't work...

Secondly McCain is just as in favour of social programs as Obama, albeit smaller programs.

RideTheDirt
06-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Stupid Title.
Stupid Author.
Probably fake propaganda.
Definitely does not need the 1st sentence.
Definitely does not need the last sentence.
Everyone should hear both sides with no propaganda, especially when they are children because they are very vulnerable to false beliefs. Humans will choose what is best.

electronicmaji
06-11-2008, 06:22 PM
It isn't even a proper analogy. A proper analogy would be 5 year old cleans up dog poop in her backyard, gets $5 minus tax, and the tax goes to the poor guy. But even then that doesn't work well.

RideTheDirt
06-11-2008, 07:01 PM
It isn't even a proper analogy. A proper analogy would be 5 year old cleans up dog poop in her backyard, gets $5 minus tax, and the tax goes to the poor guy. But even then that doesn't work well.
I agree.

Conza88
06-11-2008, 08:00 PM
It was a joke.. geez.

The last 4 posts are retarded.

pinkmandy
06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
It was a joke.. geez.

The last 4 posts are retarded.

^^^^

And it is funny! :D

Conza88
09-16-2008, 10:05 AM
*Bump so Kade totally loses it..*

Hahaha... :D

Kotin
09-16-2008, 10:14 AM
*Bump so Kade totally loses it..*

Hahaha... :D

his Egore is here in his stead..

Kade
09-16-2008, 12:14 PM
You guys are so self congratulating, don't expect me to follow suit. Samethink.

Conza88
09-16-2008, 07:33 PM
You guys are so self congratulating, don't expect me to follow suit. Samethink.

You samethink with 95% of the population. Good on ya, you individual. :rolleyes:

Can you justify my quote of you, in my sig yet?

BuddyRey
09-16-2008, 07:54 PM
I like the joke, but it does perpetuate a mostly faulty premise (e.g. that conservatives and libertarians are not generous and that we disdain charity). Studies consistently show that, in general, conservatives are more likely to donate to private sector charitable organizations than liberals are. Of course there are exceptions, but it's still a stereotype based on misconceptions of what constitutes generosity. Like Ron Paul says in his book, taxation is NOT charity, and in fact serves to make conscientious individuals reluctant to give out of their own pockets, since the overtaxed American may feel he has already done his part, and can be tricked into believing that his annual ransom to the IRS is, in fact, going to feed those starving and desperate people his philanthropic spirit wants so desperately to help.

Kade
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I like the joke, but it does perpetuate a mostly faulty premise (e.g. that conservatives and libertarians are not generous and that we disdain charity). Studies consistently show that, in general, conservatives are more likely to donate to private sector charitable organizations than liberals are. Of course there are exceptions, but it's still a stereotype based on misconceptions of what constitutes generosity. Like Ron Paul says in his book, taxation is NOT charity, and in fact serves to make conscientious individuals reluctant to give out of their own pockets, since the overtaxed American may feel he has already done his part, and can be tricked into believing that his annual ransom to the IRS is, in fact, going to feed those starving and desperate people his philanthropic spirit wants so desperately to help.

This exists for the generalizations about the two classes of "liberal" voters... that highly educated, liberal thinkers are in anyway generally associated with the promotion of the welfare state.

But who am I kidding, we enjoy our semantic games.

Kade
09-17-2008, 08:05 AM
You samethink with 95% of the population. Good on ya, you individual. :rolleyes:

Can you justify my quote of you, in my sig yet?

I did this for your already, in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=155145

Conza88
09-17-2008, 08:53 AM
I did this for your already, in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=155145

:o Missed it, thanks will check it out.